Aeroforce Tech customer service. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 64 Old 06-09-2010, 06:16 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Aeroforce Tech customer service.

Anyone have any customer service issues with them? Right now I am getting a little irritated and want to see if this is a common thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 64 Old 06-09-2010, 06:25 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcdoc14 View Post
Anyone have any customer service issues with them? Right now I am getting a little irritated and want to see if this is a common thing.
Nope, I have had great service with them. I even called and bugged them about the settings because the programming instructions were making me mad lol.

www.jeepasylum.com
post #3 of 64 Old 06-09-2010, 07:05 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dirty View Post
Nope, I have had great service with them. I even called and bugged them about the settings because the programming instructions were making me mad lol.
where the heck are you getting a phone number from? I have been waiting for a email reply even after i posted in thier forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 64 Old 06-09-2010, 07:52 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
where the heck are you getting a phone number from? I have been waiting for a email reply even after i posted in thier forum
I have it written down at home, ill get it for you tonight

www.jeepasylum.com
post #5 of 64 Old 06-09-2010, 11:45 AM
Broker by the Minute

Garage

Is this them in Ohio?

Aeroforce Technology Inc
3967 Truxton Pl
Avon, OH 44011-3470
Phone: (440) 666-5756

FWIW, google resulted in pages and pages of not entirely satisfied customers regarding their response time. There was a few good ones responding that they were taken care of but it was like 20:1 ratio.
post #6 of 64 Old 06-09-2010, 11:56 AM
Rock God

I couldn't figure something out and emailed them about forty two times. Finally I get a little note from them to sign up to their forum. They pretty much live there. I received an answer to my question in minutes.

BEER Helping me do stupid things to my JK since 2007!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 64 Old 06-09-2010, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seer View Post
I couldn't figure something out and emailed them about forty two times. Finally I get a little note from them to sign up to their forum. They pretty much live there. I received an answer to my question in minutes.
thats funny go read my thread there. still no emails and 2 days to return a PM they told me to send.
post #8 of 64 Old 06-10-2010, 09:17 AM
Rock God

Quote:
thats funny go read my thread there. still no emails and 2 days to return a PM they told me to send.
Don't you hate it when such flaky folk make such good shit?

BEER Helping me do stupid things to my JK since 2007!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 64 Old 06-23-2010, 04:49 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

well so far I am not impressed the only and ONLY e-mail I have gotten was the return form and only AFTER I pestered them in thier own forum.
They got the gauge last thursday (signed delivery) I did not get a message (a fucking PM on thier forum) till sunday night at 11pm saying he would look at it monday.

guess what day today is?
guess what form of contact I have recieved?
post #10 of 64 Old 07-09-2010, 06:03 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

got the guage back, in a box with nothing else. no note saying what the fuck they did or did not do, no nothing.
box, gauge, packing material.
It appears to work, but that is moot.

Thier customer service sucks ass and I would seriously tell people to take this into consideration when buying thier products. Any company that can not offer a phone number when requested by the customer needs to get thier head out of thier ass.

posting the information from the thread in case they delete it:

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:03 pm Post subject: 07 JK failure to clear codes and issues with cust service
Sorry I had to make this post but I am getting tired of my emails not getting returned. maybe the right person will read it.

Cliff notes:
07 jeep wrangler, gauge will not clear codes specifically P0455 "small evap leak" but will not clear any others I induced intentionally to test it, also would not read body codes that the dealer could, contacted you guys via email (OCT 09) and we had some email conversations, told you I was active duty and that would cause delays in communication, you said no problem and you would look into the code issues (NOV09), no reply back for a month till I re-contacted you (DEC09), we set on me sending my gauge back for re-programming/update and I told you it would have to wait till I was clear of any military obligation, send a email from my government account to keep you informed(FEB 10) and no reply, I am currently stateside and able to send it to you and sent an email from that original e-mail string last month to make sure everything was good to go.

no reply.

sent another 2 weeks later , no reply.

sent ANOTHER from my new government email just in case my gmail was not working,
no reply.

I need this fixed and I need to know it will BE BACK to me before I deploy in a little over a month. So I am not going to just send a $200+ gauge without someone acknowledging my existence and a timeframe for return. I would also maybe like to know if you figured out this issue.
Heck, I would like to get a reply before my "1 year warranty" expires.

Phone number? Do you guys have any clue how helpful a phone number on the "contact us" page would be instead of playing e-mail tag? You don't even have it listed on the return form.

Quote:
Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:57 pm Post subject: Re: 07 JK failure to clear codes and issues with cust service

Have you been writing [email protected]? I don't know who this is so I cannot look into it. This would probably have been better sent as a PM with your name.

If that is a hard code it will come right back after clearing. The wording of your description is confusing. Just so I'm clear, it won't clear the evap code and won't clear and other codes that you induce either? Can you give an example? I could try to duplicate it here on our Jeep.

The gauge clears powertrain/emission codes, not body or network codes.

Please reply back as a PM.

Todd
Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:43 am Post subject: Re: 07 JK failure to clear codes and issues with cust service

This was posted here instead of a PM because I have no clue who is who on your forum. Yes, the [email protected] email is the one that I have been using. And I actually was having a conversation with a random person with that email till they stopped answering back.

To be clear: yes, it will not clear engine codes that happen on thier own or ones I induced to see if it would clear those. It would not clear: small evap leak, large evap leak, misfire (any cyl) or any other non-destructive fault I caused (unplug something, wait till it showed a fault, try to clear it). dealer was able to clear them with no issues.

I will send a PM now.

Hey Todd, sending you a PM would not have worked as you can not send a PM (even to you) with less than 5 posts on your forum

Quote:
Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:07 am Post subject:
Our current gauges clear codes on our Jeep, so as long as he is executing the command properly (key on engine off and select "clear DTC", turn off ignition, turn ignition back on) and it's not clearing the code we'd need to look at it. Only thing I can think of is his older firmware version isn't sending the correct command but I haven't heard of anyone else with this issue.

Todd
Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:23 pm
seer wrote:
Any resolution yet?

email with return info sent to me on the 10th, guage being sent priority mail today.
(gauge sent on the 14th, priority mail, signature required. it was delivered and signed for on the 16th of June)

I get a PM on Mon Jun 21 saying they will look at the guage on monday (same day)

Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:37 pm
I got the guage back, no pm, no email, not even a note in the box as to what has been done to it.
No reply to my last pm, no email conversation other than the rrturn slip.

So what did you guys do to the guage?

Quote:
Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:30 am Post subject:
It was reflashed with the latest code that we know successfully performs the read and clear DTC function for powertrain codes.

Todd
post #11 of 64 Old 07-09-2010, 06:03 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Today:

The delay in my posting this is the dealership had my jeep for a week.

I am posting this here as it seems the only way for your company to pay attention.
The gauge now clears codes.

Other issues you may wish to fix:
High idle will time out or shut off with the engine fan automaticly coming on.
List the maximum tires size the computer will take, mine would accept nothing bigger than a 33".
List the max or available gear ratios the computer will take.

The screen is streaky and hopefully it was caused by a button push durring install and your thread on how to fix it works because I can't send the unit back to you because I don't have the time before I deploy.

Still, your customer service is sub-par, you need to fix this. Not giving out a phone number when asked is just stupid, not having a phone number for tech support for your customers is even more so. :roll: Even if there is "no one to answer it all the time" is a poor excuse, someone can answer it some of the time and your CUSTOMERS can leave a voice mail.

I will stop bashing in your forum, but this is some simple things that are just a "little" important.

feel free to come over to ours and address the rest of the issues.

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=467741
post #12 of 64 Old 07-09-2010, 06:18 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Ok, now if a company rep is reading this:

Stop being cheap. Seriously, is it that hard to include a B&W plain paper instruction book in with your stuff instead of me having to download a PDF?

Get a phone. You have no phone?!? List one on your website and don't give me that bullshit of "oh we have no one to answer it" I buy stuff from dudes running companies out of thier GARAGE who have a phone with voice mail.

Invoice? You sent me a padded box with a gauge back. Was it really that hard to tell me "hey, we un-fucked your stuff. Let us know if it is good"

You had a customer being pissed about not being able to contact you and you blow him off? Thats smart. You had multiple email address for me and MY CELL NUMBER, no call..no contact.

Anyone else have something they want to add? Or am I in the wrong here?
post #13 of 64 Old 07-09-2010, 06:51 AM
Rock God

Garage

That's complete bullshit. Give 'em hell, Doc.

I will keep this all in mind when I am in the market for gauges. I have a bit of a temper/patience problem when it comes to stuff like this, and would like to avoid giving myself any higher blood pressure.

Jersey
Crew
JK retired Wednesday, March 21st, 2012.
07 X 6spd • Clayton 3.5 • OME LT • ORE Gussets/Sleeves • RCV Shafts • JKS Discos & Track • AEV Snorkel • FLW Rear Bumper • RRF Front• PSC Sliders • RROR Skids • Poly P. Ball Joints• Wood's Shafts• Yukon Gears • Maxxis Kreepy Krawlers • Superwinch epi9• Safari Straps
post #14 of 64 Old 07-12-2010, 05:55 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Ok I am fucking done there

Quote:
Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:31 am

I believe the high idle does this not because of our gauge but rather something in the Chrysler code to prevent overheating. I do know that we are not turning the high idle off.

I guess I'm not clear here, are you claiming that these are problems with our gauge, or limits put in place by Chrysler? Our philosophy is this, we provide data and functions supported by Chrysler. How this is interpreted or used is up to the user. We don't limit the tire size entry. If Chrysler does, the user should understand what these limits are and why they are in place before using the function. This is like tuning software, the ability to add timing is there, but it's the users responsibility to understand what he's doing and enter safe values. This is a industry wide philosophy.

You said you could not enter anything above 33" for tire size, and stated we should fix this. If you know for a fact that larger values can be entered I'll find out why the gauge limits this and correct it.

I have taken a poll on phone support before. The cost to hire a full time tech would bring the gauge cost up to about $350 ea. We could do this, but most people said they wouldn't pay that much. PLX makes a similar gauge, more cheaply made though with MUCH fewer functions, and they charge $350 for theirs not surprisingly. There is a reason why so many companies in our field do not have phone support, people prefer the instant access to a forum such as this and the broad range of information here. Just about any question that one could have has probably already been asked, so the answer is available more quickly and conveniently than by phone. Personally I would not want to pay an extra $100 for phone support for any product that I buy, I really don't mind using a forum.

I'll check out the JK forum this week.

Todd
Todd,
If you can not change it than just LIST it in your instruction manual..you know the one I have to go online to get a copy? The one that would be nice to have included with my gauge?

There is a maximum tire change and a maximum gear change, you can not go above a certain size with the computer. So on your sales page you may wish to put something like "Calibrate for tire size up to XXXX diameter" because right now it looks like to the buyer they can program it to any size. This will not happen and you will have some irritated customers.

I said a PHONE !! not "phone support" :roll: I asked you in this thread, in PM and in email for a phone number and got none. I GAVE you my cell number and not a call.
a phone, you know customer calls and someone's answers and if no one does you leave a message and you call them back?
Not a 24hr tech line, just a damm phone number with voice mail. We are spending at a minimum of $250 with you each time, but even The Dollar Store has a phone I can call.

I click the "contact us" page with PLX and I get a phone number.
Contact page for ScanGauge I get a phone number.
Contact page for BullyDog I get a phone number.

See a theme here?
Product price does not mean sh!t if the customer support is not there to back the product. I will GLADLY pay an extra $100 if that means I get customer support in a reliable and semi-predictable form. Who cares if someone has a great product if the support for that product sucks and the only way to get a hold of them is in their own forum.

You don't have any phone number listed on your site, in your forum, in your owner's manual, in your included paperwork or EVEN on your return form.

Of course "you" don't mind using YOUR forum, but not all of us can use a forum all the time, or even want to. I can not access your forum at most of my work computers, that takes up 3/4 of the day. I get home or to a computer that I can use and you are most likely in bed. Or better yet when I deploy to an entirely different country in a few months and I can not even access your website AT ALL.
And as we can see here by the delays in response to both my PM's and posts you can tell just how effective your forum is for customer service. :roll:

Speaking of forums; It would be in your better interest to go and join some JK forums and ask what the customer wants. And I will no longer be using yours for that use. You can come to JKOwners.com if you wish to find out what they desire in a gauge.

My screen still is randomly streaky and has been since I got it back from you. The fix listed in your forum did not change this. I have no time to send it back and hope to get it returned to me before I deploy. And when I return to the US it will be way past your 1 year warranty. I would call and ask what else I can do but you have no phone. I would email but you have never answered those. I am left with the option of playing information tag in YOUR forum and at an interval that is dictated by when you or another tech happen to read the thread.
Notice you have been the only "tech" or worker to answer to this thread?

So pretty much I have $300+ in gauge and sensors that I hope work fine and I just live with the random streaking the display does.

yaaaaaaaa....that rocks. :roll:

I am done with your forum. If you would like to save a customer and the bad word you have developed with it you may wish to EMAIL me a contact number, or even CALL me. You have my contact info..all of it.
post #15 of 64 Old 07-12-2010, 10:33 PM
JKowners Vendor

I'll try to address this without it getting too lengthy. Anyway, no, I'm not about to take phone calls all day long. Yes, I said all day long and that is what would happen. I'd rather answer the question once on our forum and let other customers with the same question find the answer there in a matter of minutes. This is 2010, just about everyone should know how to look up info on a forum. Similar companies such as Diablosport, EFI Live, and HP Tuners operate similarly. These are very complicated, high level products. They know that a forum is by far the most effective way, both in cost and time, for tech questions and customer service.

The other option is to hire someone to answer questions, and that would require a steep increase in price of our product for something that 95% of our customers would not use. I personally go right the company website and check out their forum whenever I have a question about a product. It's just easier for me. If you can't find the answer you can always post.

As far as I can tell, you have one gauge issue, a intermittent streaky display? Is this just random, or are there certain times like start-up that is happens? On my car the displays look a little streaky if the battery voltage is low, before I start the car. Once the car is started the streakiness goes away. Typically, the display either needs to be recalibrated and will be constantly streaky, or it's a voltage issue with the vehicle.

I do not know the details of your emails with service. I am at sales, and try to keep up with the hundreds I get every day. If yours weren't answered within a day, then I apologize.

Finally, these gauges do a lot. In the case of the Jeep vehicles, they display some 40+ parameters, perform a half dozen or so Chrysler functions, measure fuel economy, hp, calculate 0-60, 1/8, 1/4 mile times, read/clear DTC's, annunciate unsafe conditions, accept analog inputs, etc, etc. If something doesn't seem quite right, all I ask is to have some patience and give us a chance to look into it and correct it. These aren't $290 Autometer Nexus gauges that read or perform one function. As far as Jeep support, we've been adding new features for the past year. We have a 2010 Jeep, but some things can still fall through the cracks despite all attempts to fully test new code. That's just reality when a device can perform or display literally hundreds of things. As far as I know, we've taken care of everyone that has had an issue ( and there haven't been that many), so I don't think our customer support can be questioned.

Todd
post #16 of 64 Old 07-13-2010, 06:18 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcefedjunkie View Post
I'll try to address this without it getting too lengthy. Anyway, no, I'm not about to take phone calls all day long. Yes, I said all day long and that is what would happen. I'd rather answer the question once on our forum and let other customers with the same question find the answer there in a matter of minutes. This is 2010, just about everyone should know how to look up info on a forum. Similar companies such as Diablosport, EFI Live, and HP Tuners operate similarly. These are very complicated, high level products. They know that a forum is by far the most effective way, both in cost and time, for tech questions and customer service.
But they still have a fucking phone number. And when I asked you MULTIPLE times for a phone number you blew me off. Your customer service sucks ass.
You do have a phone right? So you tell me what is worth more:
You giving me a call
or
You having hundreds of potential customers go some place else because they read this thread?

The other option is to hire someone to answer questions, and that would require a steep increase in price of our product for something that 95% of our customers would not use. I personally go right the company website and check out their forum whenever I have a question about a product. It's just easier for me. If you can't find the answer you can always post.
go search "phone" or "customer service" in your forum, you get some nice results
As far as I can tell, you have one gauge issue, a intermittent streaky display?
No, maybe you did not read or pay attention to anything.

right NOW I only have one issue and that is a CONSTANTLY streaky display.
This and your craptacular customer service
Is this just random, or are there certain times like start-up that is happens?
randomly all the time. like none yesterday but the entire drive this morning. On my car the displays look a little streaky if the battery voltage is low, before I start the car. Once the car is started the streakiness goes away. Typically, the display either needs to be recalibrated and will be constantly streaky, or it's a voltage issue with the vehicle.
I recalibrated per your forum instructions, notthing. It sure as hell is not voltage. I am running 2 oddysey bats through a hellroaring isolator/combiner and getting full charge read off isolated digital volt meters

I do not know the details of your emails with service. I am at sales, and try to keep up with the hundreds I get every day. If yours weren't answered within a day, then I apologize.
They were not answered AT ALL. Why do you think I joined your forum?

Finally, these gauges do a lot. In the case of the Jeep vehicles, they display some 40+ parameters, perform a half dozen or so Chrysler functions, measure fuel economy, hp, calculate 0-60, 1/8, 1/4 mile times, read/clear DTC's, annunciate unsafe conditions, accept analog inputs, etc, etc. If something doesn't seem quite right, all I ask is to have some patience and give us a chance to look into it and correct it. These aren't $290 Autometer Nexus gauges that read or perform one function. As far as Jeep support, we've been adding new features for the past year. We have a 2010 Jeep, but some things can still fall through the cracks despite all attempts to fully test new code. That's just reality when a device can perform or display literally hundreds of things. As far as I know, we've taken care of everyone that has had an issue ( and there haven't been that many), so I don't think our customer support can be questioned.

Todd
Your customer support can be questioned, and IS.

Oh and I am done with your fucking forum, and your PMs. I tried to reply back to your PM but because you LOCKED THE THREAD it makes it so I do not have 5 posts so I can not reply back. And I am not going to make 5 worthless posts in your forum just to do it. So you can read the reply here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd
I have no time for this absurdity. You don't seem to have expectations based on reality. Please send me an email to [email protected] and I will send you a return form. Once I get it I will refund your $.

Todd
reality? you mean maybe a fucking phone number? or maybe having my questions answered in a reasonable time? Maybe actually answering my e-mails? that type of reality?

Even your reply to my thread misses the point: your customer service sucks, you have no phone, you don't reply to emails.

If I am sending it back I want a refund for the gauge, the shipping, the first set of return shipping for the repairs, the return shipping for the refund, the PSI sensor and the voltage regulator as well. seeing as they are kinda worthless without the gauge.

Think this is unreasonable? Maybe you should not have ignored me for this time frame.
And either send me a e-mail, a call or address me on JKOwners.com or pirate4x4.com. I am not going to sit here and play games on your forum (nice thread lock, not getting good exposure?) or have to answer PM's here because it is more "conveinent for you"

You have all of my email address and even my phone number.
post #17 of 64 Old 07-13-2010, 06:22 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

YOU EDITED THE FUCKING THREAD !!

you have got to be fucking kidding me, you edited the fucking thread so it would not show how fucked up you are. So you got any other shadyness we should know about?

http://aeroforcetech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1365

The correct and original thread is already posted in here.
post #18 of 64 Old 07-13-2010, 07:20 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Customer service is as important as quality to me. Every product can have an issue. That's just the nature of manufactured items. It's how a company deals with these problems and communicates with it's customers that matters.

Customer service may be a big pain in the ass, but if you want to be successful you better focus on it. I wouldn't buy anything from you after seeing how you handle things.
post #19 of 64 Old 07-13-2010, 08:02 AM
Granite Guru

Doc if it helps, you can use my internet when you get here to keep on the forum

LOL...

Seriously though, I disagree with the whole thread editing. reminds me of another place.
It is a good thing there isnt some medium for the masses to see how messed up this is...

"And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"
post #20 of 64 Old 07-13-2010, 08:41 AM
Granite Guru

Yup. They rub me the wrong way too. I understand that not everyone likes using the phone, but in a case where a person is having an obvious issue you'd think they would help out a bit more. If they have so few issues then answering the phone for one guy wouldn't hurt.

What I don't understand is if they are able to update and post to the forum, then how hard is it to take a phone call.

And why is a sales guy sticking up for service. Why not get off your butt, and figure it out. If you have time to post here, you have time to research the issue, especially since you aren't tied up answering the phone.

In most cases I've seen, complaints with a company usually stem from poor communication on the part of the consumer, in this case I'd say it's the companies fault, especially if they are tacky enough to go and edit posts on their forum. Again, time that could have been spent helping solve the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcefedjunkie View Post

As far as I can tell, you have one gauge issue, a intermittent streaky display? Is this just random, or are there certain times like start-up that is happens? On my car the displays look a little streaky if the battery voltage is low, before I start the car. Once the car is started the streakiness goes away. Typically, the display either needs to be recalibrated and will be constantly streaky, or it's a voltage issue with the vehicle.

Todd
post #21 of 64 Old 07-13-2010, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyolfknip View Post

It is a good thing there isnt some medium for the masses to see how messed up this is...
sometimes people choose the wrong people to fuck with

Interceptor gauge analogic aeroscan review aeroforce tech technology OBDII OBD2 Interceptor gauge analogic aeroscan review aeroforce tech technology OBDII OBD2 Interceptor gauge analogic aeroscan review aeroforce tech technology OBDII OBD2 Interceptor gauge analogic aeroscan review aeroforce tech technology OBDII OBD2 Interceptor gauge analogic aeroscan review aeroforce tech technology OBDII OBD2
post #22 of 64 Old 07-13-2010, 02:44 PM
Granite Guru

This thread just took them out of the running for my purchase.

Thanks for the heads up Doc!

Good leaders are scarce, so I am following myself.
post #23 of 64 Old 07-13-2010, 03:10 PM
Administrator

Garage

Er..

I was waiting for a pillar pod solution and then going to get an Aeroforce gauge. That aint happen now for any of the 3 Jk's I have.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #24 of 64 Old 07-13-2010, 03:17 PM
JKO Addict!

Aeroforce is now off my list.

Aaand, unfortunately for them, it looks like they are now on Doc's.
That's not a list anyone wants to be on.

Rest In Peace Guinness. You will never be forgotten. My brother and my best friend
post #25 of 64 Old 07-13-2010, 04:35 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Doc is as reasonable as it gets and I know that him posting this over here was done after careful consideration. He knows that people will find this when folks search for their products.

If you are going to require people to sign up to and post in a forum you had better be quick to respond to the threads or PMs.

If I owned a business and had a customer that needed help - and they sent me a phone number I would call them..... or at least go out of my way to communicate with them.

I think that their reply speaks volumes about how they handle customer service...

Off my list.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode