Shaffer's Offroad - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 06-04-2010, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Shaffer's Offroad

You have got to be an idiot if you do business with them.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH SHAFFERS OFFROAD. YOU WILL BE SORRY YOU DID..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 06-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Rock God

Garage

info...story???? got to be a reason ur puttin them on blast.

09 4dr rubi-3" teraflex-35x12.50 km2s-17" xd addicts-kc 100 watt slimlights on kc brackets-riddlers-S.B.S. plug-orfab e-disco skid-Rugged Ridge stubby stinger-xrc-10 comp-Finishlinewest Gen 4.0!
post #3 of 24 Old 06-04-2010, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

I won't use them again after how my order was handled. Done.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 Old 06-04-2010, 03:52 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I never had an issue, but igofshn has a legit bitch.

Obama, The greatest gun salesman since the invention of firearms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jscwerve View Post
This is exactly why we need to practice proper gun control.

If he was aiming down the sights correctly and had plenty of practice rounds under his belt, there would only be one side of this story.
post #5 of 24 Old 06-04-2010, 04:18 PM
RIP Brad

Garage

Kim Jong-il says, NO TO SHAFFER.

To me... that is a pretty big reason to buy from them.

Just saying.
post #6 of 24 Old 06-04-2010, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

I'll post pics of the shitty quality tube fenders they used to make. (I have to get to external hard drive first). Poor qualit, poor customer service. Mike Shaffer is the biggest liar on the internet. If you ever have a problem, they won't make it right.

post #7 of 24 Old 06-04-2010, 05:26 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to .:eMETAL:. Send a message via Yahoo to .:eMETAL:.
Re: Shaffer's Offroad

I understand your frustration but the key words on your last post was "use to make".

I had zero issues with them, customer service from Dave (former sales rep) and Mike was great. I recieved follow up calls throughout my build and didn't have to pay until it was built and it was shipping day. The welds on my bumper were not crap either (I will post pictures when I get home from work) and I am very happy with the quality. Was I hesistant? Yes at first but there's always the benefit of a doubt and I took the chance. In the long run I'm happy I did.

I'm sorry you had issues with your item. But I do understand that u have a legit bitch and this is in no way saying you don't.
But to call us idiots is a poor move IMO. The company could be trying to turn itself around and well by their recent customers positive feedback it looks to be as they're on the right track.

edit... pics of my bumpers welds. just like this all the way around. sure there's a little flux splatter but i cleaned it up, no biggie. but there's penetration all the way through.

Remember to support our great Vendors here at JKO when purchasing your Jeep goods!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by .:eMETAL:.; 06-04-2010 at 08:39 PM.
post #8 of 24 Old 06-04-2010, 06:51 PM
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607

X2, hard to believe they are a sponsor if they still suck so bad, sorry you had a bad experience but maybe they are getting things turned around.

I will say that I emailed them for some installed photos of the new low profile one that is now being shown on the blue jeep and they acted like they were too busy or it was beneath them to acomodate my request and it reall has turned me away from them for that reason. If I was trying to sell something new and someone wanted a install pic I would run out and throw it on and snap some pics to post on the site and send to the person requesing them, I would not tell them I'll get around to it one day... But for the price it may be hard to pass up, their shipping charges appear to be high to compensate for the new sale price though I may be wrong.

2008 JK 4Dr Rubicon
Stone white
Mygig W/Uconnect working.
Hard top/Auto tranny
First mod, dog slobber.
Painted hard top
Spidertraxx 1.5 spacers
Teraflex 3" lift
Currie front lower control arms
JKS front and rear adj. track bars
Euroefx HID kit, high/low beam and fogs
Shrockworks rear full width, tire carrier

Post count from the "other" place when i was following the "herd" was 692 on 4-2-09, not a noob...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 24 Old 06-04-2010, 08:03 PM
Rock God

My order with them was quick, easy, and they went above and beyond by communicating with me several times daily about my order... Plus I love the product:

My JKO BLACK WIDOW BUILD THREAD:

Big Thanks to Jason at

In process: One TONS, 44" Tires, Comp CUT,
Strertched, Hydro Assist, TF 6" LA,
Chromoly TR Beadlocks,
Katskins, and more!
post #10 of 24 Old 06-05-2010, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

This will show you their quality control and customer service. They won't fix the problem, even though Mike and Dave said they would send me a new set of fenders.

Here is a pick of the fit with the rear fender.

Here is the front fender. You will see they didn't even complete the welds.

Nothing lined up correctly. They would not pay to have them shipped back. I was going to have to pay. I feel sorry for anyone that does business with them. if you have a problem, do not expect them to fix it.

post #11 of 24 Old 06-05-2010, 08:15 PM
RIP Brad

Garage

That there is some pretty fucking shitty work!

Sorry.... that sucks!
post #12 of 24 Old 06-05-2010, 08:16 PM
Granite Guru

Those look like $hit!!! You have every right to be pissed and if the service sucks then em
post #13 of 24 Old 06-05-2010, 08:22 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Send it over to Thomas Mfg......

Seriously though - that is unreal. And even worse if it takes this thread to get them to make it right.

You have every right to be pissed, keep us posted.
post #14 of 24 Old 06-05-2010, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

I have been dealing with this shit for 2 1/2 years. Everytime they say, we will get you another set. They are total ass holes. That is why I say you should never buy from shaffers off road.

post #15 of 24 Old 06-05-2010, 09:20 PM
Rock God

So it seems like the people who purchased bumpers are extremely pleased, and the people who purchased fenders are pissed. Honestly, those fenders do look like crap and I would be just as upset. Hopefully they handle your issue though.

My JKO BLACK WIDOW BUILD THREAD:

Big Thanks to Jason at

In process: One TONS, 44" Tires, Comp CUT,
Strertched, Hydro Assist, TF 6" LA,
Chromoly TR Beadlocks,
Katskins, and more!
post #16 of 24 Old 06-05-2010, 09:36 PM
JKO Addict!

Would be nice to hear their side of the story just to hear what they have to say, please do not take this as I doubt you from this statement. I had a cross eyed retard wetback that worked for me and he could fabricate and weld better than that by leaps and bounds, there is no way I would have paid for that shit.

My above statement was not ment as racist or crude but he really was cross eyed, illegal, and der-ter-durr. But he worked his ass off and was the nicest guy ever. But there is no other way better to explain him.

As for shaffers I will not persue my order for the front bumper untill you get your issue resolved and then some for having to drive around for 2.5 years with that shit on your jeep. I hope others will join in as some times this is the only recourse we can get is a thread on a forum. If I miss the sale price at least I know I either saved myself from getting shaffered or I helped a fellow jeeper get his issue resolved because it could have easily been one of us.

2008 JK 4Dr Rubicon
Stone white
Hard top/Auto tranny
First mod, dog slobber.
Painted hard top
Spidertraxx 1.5 spacers
Teraflex 3" lift

Post count from the "other" place when i was following the "herd" was 692 on 4-2-09, not a noob...

post #17 of 24 Old 06-05-2010, 10:48 PM
Rock God

I had no probs getting my front bumper

2015 JK Unlimited Anvil
SOLD -2009 JK Unlimited Rubicon Deep Water Blue
1987 YJ Stretched 60/14 40" LTB's
post #18 of 24 Old 06-06-2010, 04:03 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob4607 View Post

My above statement was not ment as racist or crude but he really was cross eyed, illegal, and der-ter-durr. But he worked his ass off and was the nicest guy ever. But there is no other way better to explain him.
Did you know he was illegal when you hired him?

2007 Redrock X two door
Auto
Hardtop
D44 rear
17" Moab wheels
32" BFG M/Ts
Rubicon Rock Rails
Airaid intake
Infinity speakers
post #19 of 24 Old 06-06-2010, 04:41 AM
JKO Addict!

I had ordered a set of skids...

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showth...t=shaffer+skid

Got tired of waiting for them. I wonder if anybody has received and what quality.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Wayne - The Shootist

post #20 of 24 Old 06-06-2010, 07:57 AM
JKO Addict!

Yes we knew he was illegal and we paid him cash. The only reason we did this is because he was actually mentally handicapped and the legals were basically feeding him and so on, trust me I'm on the USA Arizona like most but there comes a difference when a human cannot provide for himself. He was in his 50's and just wanted to come up for 2-3 months at 10 bucks an hour 50-60 hours a week so that he could go home and take care of his mother and himself. I saw too many photos the others had of him and living conditions to think otherwise so if it makes me a hippocrite then oh the fuck well. At least this guy was straight up to the point and when he met his cash goal each year he went back to take care of his mom. And man that guy could work on anything and fix it, it was lime he had a gift or something. I ended up taking a vacation with the guys just to see where they were from because they all came from the same place and we went buy to see the old man, needless to say the rest of the crew stayed another two weeks while my lead guy and I flew back to get all their tools and some materials and he hauled it down there and they spent a week and a half building him a 1200 sqft home Instead of the lean to compilation he had before, we used our pay for the two weeks to fund it so it turned out pretty nice and it felt good. I don't think his mother had ever taken a warm bath with running water before, he said she never wanted to get out.

Sorry for the wall of words, iPhone and pain pills. I had neck surgery on Wednesday.

2008 JK 4Dr Rubicon
Stone white
Hard top/Auto tranny
First mod, dog slobber.
Painted hard top
Spidertraxx 1.5 spacers
Teraflex 3" lift

post #21 of 24 Old 06-07-2010, 09:50 AM
(510)999-7766

MIke isn't able to respond at the moment. He is in the middle of moving the shop and the only contact he has is his phone, until he has the internet connected at the shop. He gave me some details of this and asked me to respond on his behalf. Keep in mind, that I am new to Shaffers and I don't have all of the details, I am the messsenger at this point and Mike will respond further when he is able to.

I'm not sure what happened after this thread, but Mike did offer a new set of fenders. From my understanding, there were conversations about this after this thread:

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1051

When the fenders were ordered they were not made in house. They were made by an outside source and we were not able to inspect them before shipping.

igofshn was offered new fenders and he didn't want to send the ones he had back. He was also offered a refund. Mike said he sent him a pm, asking him to contact him so they could work this out and come to some type of solution and he was never constacted and there was never a response to his pm.

If igofshn would like new fenders we will be happy to give him new fenders, but it will take a while to make them. First of all, we are not in the new shop yet and second, once we get into the shop we would have to make them on a vehicle and then ship them. We want to be upfront about the wait that will be involved in new fenders.

If he would like a refund, we will be happy to refund him, but ask that the fenders be sent back at our cost.

Beyond these two options, I'm not really sure what else we can do. If igofshn would like to discuss this further I will be happy to give him a direct number for Mike. I will even give him my direct phone number if he would like to discuss it with me. All he needs to do is pm me and I will be glad to provide him with contact numbers.

If anyone else has any issues with anything else, I will be glad to give you my direct number or you can call the shop number and I will answer. I would be happy to help you resolve any past issues you may have to the best of my ability.

Roxy
post #22 of 24 Old 06-07-2010, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

The thread was originally done after conversing with mike, saying he would fix the original problems with the fenders. Then things turned and obviously they did not get fixed. Never once did he offer to pay for return shipping ($100 +), so I ended up getting stuck with some incomplete fenders.

Quote:
igofshn was offered new fenders and he didn't want to send the ones he had back. He was also offered a refund. Mike said he sent him a pm, asking him to contact him so they could work this out and come to some type of solution and he was never constacted and there was never a response to his pm.
You are so full of crap. Never offered a refund. More BS stories to save your rep. The return was going to be on my dime, and there was no guarantee when I would get my new fenders or if I would get my refund.

Quote:
If igofshn would like new fenders we will be happy to give him new fenders, but it will take a while to make them. First of all, we are not in the new shop yet and second, once we get into the shop we would have to make them on a vehicle and then ship them. We want to be upfront about the wait that will be involved in new fenders
According to mike, this was supposed to have been done at the beginning of this year. They were going to make them right after christmas of 09.

Quote:
If he would like a refund, we will be happy to refund him, but ask that the fenders we sent back at our cost.
Already dumped the pieces of crap. My loss.

Last edited by igofshn; 06-07-2010 at 10:06 AM.
post #23 of 24 Old 06-07-2010, 10:00 AM
(510)999-7766

Quote:
Originally Posted by igofshn View Post
You are so full of crap. Never offered a refund. More BS stories to save your rep.
Instead of continuing this vendetta, contact me and I will be happy to talk to you about it and resolve it. If you don't contact me, that just shows me that you don't really want to solve the problem.

Roxy
post #24 of 24 Old 06-07-2010, 01:04 PM
JKO Addict!

Yeah teraflex made me pay for shipping back to them as well it was a fuckstick of a shitty deal and the only reason that I didn't post more about it was I used the company dime to ship it. Eventually it got resolved, months later Joe even admitted he was not happy with how his peers made him handle it and he admitting it helped alot, but it still leaves an unpleasent feeling.

I really hope the two of you can get over the pissed hurdle and come to an agreement to work it out, even if the fenders are trash the photos are proof enough and shaffer failed on a huge scale not qc'ing something made by an outside contractor before shipping to the buyer. At least they admit that. Bit staying mad at the world and just keeping negative things going does not Benifit either of you, they are losing sales and you are getting a ulcer. Even if you went with different tube fenders maybe they can put a smile on your face with a new front or rear bumper.

Staying mad and casting stones does nothing for either of you. And at least there is a hand out for communication from shaffers and I doubt they will want the smack on the dick if they have gone to this point to still resolve it, if you still keep casting stones without working to a resolution all your previous claims will be laughed at due to grumpy asshole syndrome or something and veryone will spank your dick with post so why not see what they can offer you to have a happy post about how they made things right, hell they will just write it off as advertising expendetures and be done with it. Bad press is bad for business, 500 or so bucks to happy a customer on a forum like this is a drop in the toilet when considering the loss of potential customers.

As I said before I am trying to hold out for you to resolve your issue before I buy as I don't want to be,haha, shaffered! But it's starting to seem like you don't want to resolve it. Besides I'm still on the fence about the new bumper, it is really close to what I have been looking for but not sere about the outboard fog placement, I'm thinking it may look better with them hacked off and move the fogs inward to the vent things, and why is the winch opening offset? My wife really likes it and it's on sale right now, I'm trying here buddy so help me out, haha! You know as well as I if you find something for the jeep the wife really likes you hurry and buy it for cough cough, her...

Sorry I may have taken too many darvocet and muscle relaxer today, my nurse had to return to work and left me in charge of my own pill bottles, woohoo!

2008 JK 4Dr Rubicon
Stone white
Hard top/Auto tranny
First mod, dog slobber.
Painted hard top
Spidertraxx 1.5 spacers
Teraflex 3" lift

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode