Back seat flys?? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 06-01-2010, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Back seat flys??

I have a 2door 2009 jk and when i put the seat up and gun it... it flops back... and then i ram on the breaks to put it back!
Scared the hell out of me the first few times.. a lil support bracket would do wonders... or maybe i should stop hitting the gas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 06-01-2010, 05:04 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglerman2009 View Post
I have a 2door 2009 jk and when i put the seat up and gun it... it flops back... and then i ram on the breaks to put it back!
Scared the hell out of me the first few times.. a lil support bracket would do wonders... or maybe i should stop hitting the gas?
You should have bought a 4dr, I never have those problems mine.

j/k

Seriously though I know what you're talking about, that's happened on my wifes 2dr to the point that we just bungeed it that day on the trail. A company called Die-Tech Off-Road makes a bracket that you will keep the seat from flopping around.

Die-Tech Seat Retainer

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 22 Old 06-02-2010, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

perfect! thanks for the tip. I definitely will pick one up. I like to drive with the seat up because it gives you better visibility out the back.
I see your from chicago.. I am from vancouver...strangely enough I am cheering for the blackhawks now! They have a pretty solid team. At least we took 2 games! Better than san hose!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 06-02-2010, 09:24 AM
Rock God

Garage

Why not remove the rear seat?

Took mine out two years ago. It was my first "mod"

07 JK 2/DR Sahara, 35" Wrangler kevlar, 10k Winch, Garvin Roof Rack, 3" Black Diamond, CatBack Exhaust, RR Gen-1 Snorkel, too much more to list

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Welcome to JKOWNERS- Home of boobs, guns, meat, and Jeeps.
post #5 of 22 Old 06-02-2010, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodybrdng View Post
Why not remove the rear seat?

Took mine out two years ago. It was my first "mod"
Thats a great idea if I didnt have a wife and daughter.... I wonder if my 14 year old daughter would mind just crouching in the back! ha!
post #6 of 22 Old 06-02-2010, 10:42 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Thats a great idea if I didnt have a wife and daughter.... I wonder if my 14 year old daughter would mind just crouching in the back! ha!
You didn't mention that part.......

07 JK 2/DR Sahara, 35" Wrangler kevlar, 10k Winch, Garvin Roof Rack, 3" Black Diamond, CatBack Exhaust, RR Gen-1 Snorkel, too much more to list

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Welcome to JKOWNERS- Home of boobs, guns, meat, and Jeeps.
post #7 of 22 Old 06-02-2010, 11:12 AM
Rock God

Garage

wasnt there just a thread about this?

as i said there, just fold the rear seat up. slide the front passenger seat as far back as you can, and then recline it until the rear seat CANT move.

Life's hard. It's harder if you're stupid.
post #8 of 22 Old 06-02-2010, 11:26 AM
Rock God

Mine came with a strap to tie it down with so it doesnt bounce around. It locks into place just fine when its upright. I also got another tie down strap that sorta works with my Bestop crap top.
post #9 of 22 Old 06-02-2010, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertisce View Post
Mine came with a strap to tie it down with so it doesnt bounce around. It locks into place just fine when its upright. I also got another tie down strap that sorta works with my Bestop crap top.
my kingdom for a strap to tie it down!
post #10 of 22 Old 06-03-2010, 01:22 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
As I've stated before, back seats are useless. Although you say you have a kid, and from my experience, those are usless too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkuntz01 View Post

Die-Tech Seat Retainer
Also I have stated before. 4 Doors bring teh GHEY!

My sig is HUGE in Japan
post #11 of 22 Old 06-03-2010, 07:55 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkuntz01 View Post
from the day the 4-door models first came out i always kinda thought they looked like cheap hummers. as if the driver wanted to purchase a hummer, but for whatever reason couldn't - i guess "jeep" to me will always mean a wrangler (a real wrangler, you know, the 2 door kind)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jscwerve View Post
As I've stated before, back seats are useless. Although you say you have a kid, and from my experience, those are usless too.
i agree about the backseat, not so much about the kid thing
post #12 of 22 Old 06-03-2010, 12:00 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Also I have stated before. 4 Doors bring teh GHEY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2DRBLUJK View Post
from the day the 4-door models first came out i always kinda thought they looked like cheap hummers. as if the driver wanted to purchase a hummer, but for whatever reason couldn't - i guess "jeep" to me will always mean a wrangler (a real wrangler, you know, the 2 door kind)
Everyone has their opinions and they're just that an opinion. If it weren't for the a 4dr Wrangler I never would have thought to own a Jeep. Besides the extra space comes in handy when you're hauling the family and stuff cross country to Moab to put your rig through it's paces.

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
post #13 of 22 Old 06-03-2010, 01:06 PM
Rock God

The title of this thread caught my attention. I thought, "jesus, this guy has flies in his backseat....WTF????"

Now I understand, it's a 2 door thing.
post #14 of 22 Old 06-03-2010, 08:17 PM
Granite Guru

[QUOTE=Jscwerve;450409]Although you say you have a kid, and from my experience, those are usless too.

What experience have you had? Borrowed someones kid, deadbeat dad, what?
Nothing better than taking your kids into the backcountry, teach them independence and self reliance, and then watch them blossom on their own. Pretty cool when your son calls and wants you to go wheeling. Or the grandson wants to get the Jeep dirty. Or your daughter wants to know if you can come up to watch the Iditarod, in person. Your statement hopefully is the result of lack of experience. It was not cute.

On the other hand, I like the flies.

"Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill", Bob Arnett
post #15 of 22 Old 06-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Rock God

No kids of my own but I had a great time with my younger siblings out on Memorial weekend. Was a blast of a day with them right up until my 12 year old sister says "This is a really nice Hyundai...". Needless to say I had her corrected by the end of the day...I was ignoring everybody calling it "Car", "Truck", and "Pickup"...but Hyundai was not going to slide!
post #16 of 22 Old 06-03-2010, 09:03 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

[QUOTE=JKDoc;451328]
Quote:
Although you say you have a kid, and from my experience, those are usless too.

What experience have you had? Borrowed someones kid, deadbeat dad, what?
Nothing better than taking your kids into the backcountry, teach them independence and self reliance, and then watch them blossom on their own. Pretty cool when your son calls and wants you to go wheeling. Or the grandson wants to get the Jeep dirty. Or your daughter wants to know if you can come up to watch the Iditarod, in person. Your statement hopefully is the result of lack of experience. It was not cute.

On the other hand, I like the flies.
I could give a flying crap if you thought my comment was "cute" or not. No I don't have kids, I don't want kids, not gonna have kids. My experience with kids? None, and I like it that way. You want to get all butt-hurt over a statement that was obviously a joke thats your problem.

My sig is HUGE in Japan
post #17 of 22 Old 06-04-2010, 03:01 PM
Granite Guru

[QUOTE=Jscwerve;451394]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKDoc View Post

I could give a flying crap if you thought my comment was "cute" or not. No I don't have kids, I don't want kids, not gonna have kids. My experience with kids? None, and I like it that way. You want to get all butt-hurt over a statement that was obviously a joke thats your problem.
With that attitude, best you don't have kids. You need to put them ahead of you. By the way, I think your video game is calling.

post #18 of 22 Old 06-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:

With that attitude, best you don't have kids. You need to put them ahead of you. By the way, I think your video game is calling.
Ya, that attitude is exactly why I don't have kids. I thought that was pretty clear. Way to go captain obvious. You spent the time to look up some obscure chit-chat thread from months ago that was about video games? Really? To take some cheap stab at me? C'mon man, grow up, sounds like your kids have already.

And to reiterate, my first post was obviously a joke. If you can't handle a few comments that were made in good humor, not directed at anyone specifically, let alone you, maybe you should be hanging out over at JKF. I'm sure they have a room where you can ice your swollen vagina.

I'm done with this now. I have no need for someone to try to tell me how great their lifestyle is and how I'm missing out. The way I see it, it's the other way around. Although I'm not trying to preach to anyone about it on the internet.

My sig is HUGE in Japan
post #19 of 22 Old 06-05-2010, 06:00 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Ya, that attitude is exactly why I don't have kids. I thought that was pretty clear. Way to go captain obvious. You spent the time to look up some obscure chit-chat thread from months ago that was about video games? Really? To take some cheap stab at me? C'mon man, grow up, sounds like your kids have already.

And to reiterate, my first post was obviously a joke. If you can't handle a few comments that were made in good humor, not directed at anyone specifically, let alone you, maybe you should be hanging out over at JKF. I'm sure they have a room where you can ice your swollen vagina.

I'm done with this now. I have no need for someone to try to tell me how great their lifestyle is and how I'm missing out. The way I see it, it's the other way around. Although I'm not trying to preach to anyone about it on the internet.
I did not look up anything. Interesting that my assumption was on target. I too am done. Turning into trolling and that was not my intent. Your "joke" obviouosly hit me wrong. I've been banned at JKF for posting a positive review of Rubicon Express. You are correct my kids are grown and I'm enjoying the next generation. And why do you think I have a vagina? Who needs to grow up?

post #20 of 22 Old 06-05-2010, 08:56 AM
Rock God

[QUOTE=JKDoc;452077]
Quote:

Thats a pretty ignorant comment to make as well. I would be a great father but I play video games as well.
post #21 of 22 Old 06-05-2010, 10:26 AM
Granite Guru

[QUOTE=Vertisce;452683]
Quote:

Thats a pretty ignorant comment to make as well. I would be a great father but I play video games as well.
Video games are fine. I play them with my Grandson when invited and play golf when I can't play on the course.

I am glad you think you will be a great father. I highly recommend the position. It does take a lot of dedication and if one is not so inclined it should not be undertaken. Jscwerve's comment really struck me the wrong way. I know he thought it was a funny joke. I did not. Nor did I appreciate the rest of the following comments. I have to deal with juveniles who masquerade as men on a daily basis and it gets old. Maybe I misjudged. Maybe.

I am done with this.

post #22 of 22 Old 06-05-2010, 10:28 PM
Rock God

Hey...im just saying...lots of people on here play games I am sure. You just dont want to insult the ones who do with the wrong comment. Unless they are playing Pokemon...then you can insult them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode