shitty drivers - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 94 Old 05-30-2010, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
shitty drivers

so after a little influence from a certain member's sister on here hitting his JK, i decided to start this so ppl can vent about all the stupid shit other ppl do on the road that really pisses you off. bc we're all perfect drivers on here after all, right?

so here are mine, maintaining your lane is a huge one for me. this is the ENTIRE reason right on red onto 2 lane streets works with a green left arrow for the opposite direction. you turn left into the left lane, i make my right on red into the right lane. but what do i normally see? some ass clown turns left into the right lane and someone turning right goes into the left lane. THEY FUCKING CROSS EACH OTHER. seriously stupid ppl piss me off.

also, your brake pedal is on the ground, not on the steering column. that thing is your turn signal. the signal should be initiated BEFORE hitting the fat pedal. :thefi nger:

so, what pisses you off?

"everyone going slower than you is an idiot, and everyone going faster than you is a maniac" -George Carlin

Life's hard. It's harder if you're stupid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 94 Old 05-30-2010, 08:40 PM
Rock God

People not using their god damned turning signals. They've been on cars for over 60 years now. It's required to use turning signals on your driver's exam. They help save you from getting hit by another car who doesn't know what the fuck you are thinking. USE YOUR FUCKING TURNING SIGNALS!!!

People who talk on the phones while driving and miss every sign, signal, and marking on the road, even the bluetooth people do this. I may answer the phone once a month while driving and that's only to say hey I'll call you back otherwise it's straight to voicemail. This applies to texting while driving too.

People who insist on either A) going slow in the passing lane (its now a law in FL that if you aren't passing in the passing lane you can be pulled over) B) going the same speed as the traffic next to you when you are in a 4-lane road and both of you are going just at or anything below the speed limit. C) People slowing down when the allowable speed limit increases.

Oh and people who get mad at my driving and then drive way more dangerous than I do (I am hardly an aggressive driver, I gave that up when I left high school).

jk-forum, jk-forum.com jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler
post #3 of 94 Old 05-30-2010, 08:58 PM
Rock God

On an off-ramp, when someone who KNOWS that they wanna make a turn very shortly after the light, but the lane closest to the side of their turn has more cars in it. So, they take the shorter (or empty) other lane, with the SOLE INTENTION of cutting you off so they can get into your lane. It's for this reason I MAKE them either floor it to cut me off, or get behind me.

People who don't use turn signals and expect me to slow down just so they can jump in front of me. If someone wants/needs in my lane; use your fuckin' turn signal and I'll gladly let you in. I'm not a mind-reader, so I don't know if you're wanting in or not, and I'm not gonna leave a 50' gap just in case you do. Otherwise, get behind me.

Idiots who have feelings of what I like to call, "sympathy traffic." They're in front of me in the fast lane (which is going at a decent pace), while the other lanes are moving 15-20MPH slower. So, out of sympathy, he slows down to damn-near the same speed for no apparent reason.

The "Milers." They leave damn near a mile of open space between them and the car in front of them. Usually, they're going at or below the speed limit. Move over for 10 fucking seconds and let the other 500 cars behind you pass, then move your ass back in the lane if you wish.

Single passenger vehicles in the HOV lane. I do it VERY rarely, and it's always only to pass one of the above-mentioned dipshits, then it's back in the right lane. For those single drivers that think they're above the law, I hope you all get ticketed.

Don't even get me started on cell-phones, stupid bitches that should have never been given a license in the first place, old people that are WAY beyond being able to safely operate a 50' long car, etc., etc.....

-WRM

Last edited by WRMorrison; 05-31-2010 at 12:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 94 Old 05-30-2010, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

I think the whole deal with "turn-signal refusal" is because people are so simple-minded....no thought, no plan, no regards. They act at the last minute, and drive with a completely closed minded "just do it/ just get there/ go go go" mentality.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #5 of 94 Old 05-30-2010, 11:59 PM
Granite Guru

For me its the people that pull right infront of you and take their sweet time in matching the speed of the traffic. What pisses me off even more is when they do this despite all other lanes being empty in these times I wish I was driving an AM M818 and take them out. Why turn into my lane [email protected]#@# lane when all others are empty.
post #6 of 94 Old 05-31-2010, 05:09 AM
Rock God

Garage

-Turn signals seem to have become an option...
These people think they're too cool to use turn signals. I hope they get hit while turning.

-People going 100kmh in the left (third) lane.
Hey, limit is 100kmh. 3 Lanes should be:
Right: 100kmh
Middle: 110kmh
Left: 120kmh.
Just look around and you will understand.
And no, the guy with the light signals and horn does not want to tell you that you forgot your turn signal ON, you DONT USE IT ANYWAY!!!

-People hitting the brakes while approachign a green light...
Hey it's green, the goal is to pass, NOT try to get the yellow...

Quote:
The "Milers." They leave damn near a mile of open space between them and the car in front of them. Usually, they're going at or below the speed limit. Move over for 10 fucking seconds and let the other 500 cars behind you pass, then move your ass back in the lane if you wish.
Yeah, the Milers allow Leeches to jump in front of them, getting you 1 car further back each time, which becomes 1km (or 100 cars) after 30 minutes...

-People getting mad at me just because I'm in a "big Jeep"...
Huh...?

-People talking / playing with their GPS / not driving.
The solution with cell phones is NOT Bluetooth.
The problem is people are stupid and cannot drive AND talk at the same time, be it on the phone or with the passenger.
They miss everything going on around them...
So I guess, either dont give drivers licenses to stupid people (anybody can pass the stupid exams nowadays), or actually inforce the power of law...
(Hey they now "accept" you having a tv screen on the front dash. Years ago it was illegal)

-And on the same subject: People driving with their GPS to get to work.
Dont tell me you dont know the way already???
I see this guy EVERY morning since 2 years...

Ok enough.
post #7 of 94 Old 05-31-2010, 05:52 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

The assholes that nearly clip my bumper as they cut under the back of the Jeep on the interstate. Makes me want to jam on the brakes. Course that be suicide at 70mph

Idiots that almost miss their turn on the opposite side of the road so they STOP in the middle of the damn road to make their way across two lanes of traffic instead of just making a U turn down the road a ways.

Jackoffs that cause accidents because they didn't want to hit a small animal in the road. Really, is that multi-thousand dollar vehicle, not to mention your LIFE, really worth swerving into a ditch or a tree or worse, oncoming traffic, to save the life of a fucking armadillo/squirrel/raccoon/cat/dog?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
zjr- I'm not that horny, but I have been known to salivate over your meat.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 94 Old 05-31-2010, 06:04 AM
Rock God

1) People who cannot effing merge onto the freeway!!!!!!!

2) People who drive sixty in front of my house where the speed limit is 40.

3) Impatient people who have no idea what is going on in the car in front of them. I was teaching my son to drive and this 20 something in a jacked up compensation Chevy truck was behind us at stop sign. Jake was waiting to turn left onto our street (which is a non stop stream of cars all day). He was nervous and at 16 does not have the experience to gauge how much distance he needs to make that left turn. This guy lays on the horn making Jake even more nervous. I almost got out of the car to give that kid a big pile of shit in his lap but a hole opened up and Jake went. He was also learning to drive a stick shift.

In other words RELAX people - 60 seconds will not make a shit of difference in your day!!!!!

I am a girl and I have a Jeep with some stuff on it...

Last edited by redwood66; 05-31-2010 at 07:05 AM.
post #9 of 94 Old 05-31-2010, 06:10 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Re: shitty drivers

- Assholes that drive in the left lane on the highway. It's called a "passing lane" for a reason. It's even against the law in this state to drive in that lane, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Pass the car, then move over to the right.

- That big red truck with all the lights and making a ton of noise aproaching rapidly in your rear view mirror can't stop on a dime. I hate it when driver's freak out and slam on their brakes instead of pulling over to the right. I should start recording all the stupid shit people do in front of fire trucks running hot and post them up. It would hours of fun and "WTF's!".

- Turn signals and proper lane usage are big ones also.

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

☠ ☠ Don't let fear and common sense stop ya. ☣ ☣
post #10 of 94 Old 05-31-2010, 06:49 AM
Rock God

Shit... I think I do everything on ur lists!... How about the assholes that sit for an extra three seconds when the light turns green!.... I'll be the asshole honking behind you!

Edit: and how the fuck do yu expect me to signal if I'm busy talking on my iPhone on speaker, browsing jko, smoking a cig, and eating cup-a-noodles, while i'm trying to drive around everyone on the highway and changing lanes every second. ( I drive with my knees when I eat)

www.californiasurveillanceinvestigators.com

Last edited by OlegRock; 05-31-2010 at 06:54 AM.
post #11 of 94 Old 05-31-2010, 06:59 AM
JKO Addict!

Turn signals is a big one for me, whether it's changing lanes or making a turn.

More than that though are the fucktards who think they can text while driving at 75mph. Doing 45 in a 55 in the left lane on the highway 'cuz they're too caught up in in their phone conversation to realize they've now backed up traffic a quarter mile or more.

What gets me though more than anything are the fawking fockers on crotch rockets who ride like they're gods gift to the roadways. Bobbing and weaving through traffic at 15-20 +++ faster than everyone else. Riding the center line because they feel they're better than everyone and don't deserve to move with the flow of traffic like everyone else. Don't get me wrong, these riders represent a small percentage of the overall motorcycle riding community, but still. Here's to those future organ donors.

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
post #12 of 94 Old 05-31-2010, 07:17 AM
Rock God

I'll add a few more; these are mostly related to heavy traffic...

1)wrecks: I can understand if it's a gory accident, human nature tells us to look. But if there's already a dozen emergency vehicles on site, there's nothing you can do (even if you were qualified, which you're probably not). Give it the required passing glance and keep going; you don't need to slow down.

2)stopped vehicles: For fuck's sake people, IT'S ONLY A FLAT TIRE! Is your life really that boring that you back up traffic for miles just to get a glimpse of some dude changing a tire?

3)cops: Trust me, if you see an officer with a vehicle pulled-over, you don't need to slam on the brakes if you're doing 5MPH over the limit. He's not gonna leave his traffic stop and haul ass to catch up with you just to give you a speeding ticket.

4) huge, flashing traffic signs: They're frickin' huge for a reason; so that you DON'T have to slow down to read them. If reading is that big of a challenge for you, maybe you should brush-up before driving again.

5) off-ramps/on-ramps: They're called deceleration/acceleration ramps for a reason. DON'T start slowing down to 50MPH a mile before your ramp shows up, and try to at least match the flow of traffic before coming to the end of an on-ramp. The damn things are nearly a half-mile long for this reason; you've got plenty of time/room.

4) photo radar: This probably doesn't apply to most states (don't know, and most will be coming down soon in my area). They cause more accidents than they prevent, since people like to SLAM on their brakes when approaching one even if they're not over the limit.

I wonder if anger management classes actually work... I CCW whenever I'm not either sleeping or showering, but I've thought of leaving it locked up in the vehicle instead of on my person. One of these days I'll be on the news for thinning the herd a bit...

-WRM
post #13 of 94 Old 05-31-2010, 07:33 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlegRock View Post
Shit... I think I do everything on ur lists!... How about the assholes that sit for an extra three seconds when the light turns green!.... I'll be the asshole honking behind you!

Edit: and how the fuck do yu expect me to signal if I'm busy talking on my iPhone on speaker, browsing jko, smoking a cig, and eating cup-a-noodles, while i'm trying to drive around everyone on the highway and changing lanes every second. ( I drive with my knees when I eat)
i am glad you have the sense to put your iphone on speaker. definitely better this way you have a free hand...to do something else to distract you

but seriously, as mentioned before, bluetooth and hands free are NOT the answer. ppl are just literally too stupid to multitask, regardless of whether their hands are free or not.

post #14 of 94 Old 05-31-2010, 08:29 AM
Rock God

Garage

[Hijack]
We have a "no phone in hand" law in here.
Guy in front of me in his Acura "plays" on his iPhone in heavy traffic. 0-5kmh.
Then traffic starts moving. He does not.
I wait. Wait. There is now a 20 cars space between him and the other car in front.
Leeches start jumping in this space.
I quick-honk...
He looks at me in the center mirror while looking like he's saying "fuck you asshole what the fuck do you want I'm gonna kill you..." (While not even looking in front!!!)
I make a hand movement trying to look like a stoopid asshole playing on his phone...
He looks in front, stores his iPhone and drives forward.
He kinda lost his attitude very quickly.
+1 for him for not going forther in the "fight". He knew he was af fault.
He did not even make eye contact after that.
[/Hijack]
post #15 of 94 Old 05-31-2010, 11:04 AM
Rock God

The thing that pisses me off the most is when people are already halfway into the next lane before they use the turn signal and then you only see the signal flash once. Well thanks for the heads up FUCKER!

Another one is when you are the last one in a long line of cars and yet the asshole has to force his way in front of you just to get through the lane and make a turn.

Short of it is people don't fucking think before acting and they NEVER assess what is going on in traffic except what immediately effects them.
post #16 of 94 Old 05-31-2010, 12:11 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertisce View Post

Another one is when you are the last one in a long line of cars and yet the asshole has to force his way in front of you just to get through the lane and make a turn.

Short of it is people don't fucking think before acting and they NEVER assess what is going on in traffic except what immediately effects them.
How else are you supposed to get were your going on time????

www.californiasurveillanceinvestigators.com
post #17 of 94 Old 05-31-2010, 01:25 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Interstate traffic here in NM is: Speed limit 75mph, so merge doing 20, immediately get in left lane and go 45. Right lane is for sissies going 65. Everyone else (especially politicians) has to go 95-100, bumper to bumper weaving among the 45 - 65 mph drivers!
post #18 of 94 Old 05-31-2010, 01:30 PM
Granite Guru

People that fawking stop to make a turn off a road...
When turning left pull towards the left side of the lane dont swerve to the right and stop...
USE the fawkin blinkers...
And dammit pass or pull to the right.

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

"Anything is possible if you don't know what
you are talking about."
post #19 of 94 Old 05-31-2010, 05:34 PM
Rock God

Gotta add another one...

I work for Idaho DOT and it pisses me off (and is soooo dangerous) when people try or do pass a friggin' snowplow on a two lane road or passing a tandem set of plows on the right on the interstate. WTH? Are they completely out of their minds? Where is one of the safest places on the road in winter? Behind the friggin' plow!!!! Yet people do it all the time. Seen plenty scooped up with that wing plow on the right side too.

K. Rant off.

I am a girl and I have a Jeep with some stuff on it...
post #20 of 94 Old 05-31-2010, 07:21 PM
Granite Guru

We get a lot of shitty drivers at the Jersey shore all summer long. Go through the list of the stupid shit drivers do and I can see that just going to the WaWa around the corner....
post #21 of 94 Old 05-31-2010, 07:26 PM
JKO Addict!

Wife thinks i have road-rage. I have 'lack of common sense rage'.

Not using turn signals when people are relying on them to base their next move upon them.

People expecting to hammer the brakes so 'they can come over' (my ass!). I have a issue with people 'taking my personal space'. Can't wait to get my stinger, i think that will put a decent halt to people trying to 'cut close' to me. Pisses me off, I've forced about a half dozen people back into their spot where they expected me to jam on my brakes to let them over.

People going 50mph on a on-ramp and expecting to 'merge' with 65-70mph traffic.

People that wait until the last FUCKING SECOND to merge over in a 'closed lane' and expect you to let them in after they've cut the entire line of 'decent people' who pay attention and try to keep the flow moving. Nope, EAT CONES and catch fire! I played 'chicken' with a Mercedes SUV that decided he was going to out-gun me to the end of the cones, okay so i semi predicted that and downshifted to hold speed next him. He decided his Mercedes didn't want to take on the Wrangler and got the use out of his fancy brakes at the last second. I was holdin' my line.... Wtf people!?

People here cannot turn unless there are lines on the road telling them which lane they should end up in. People swing over lanes all the time, accidents near daily on one intersection i frequent, IT IS NOT DIFFICULT!

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.

Last edited by Goodysgotacuda; 05-31-2010 at 07:28 PM.
post #22 of 94 Old 05-31-2010, 07:32 PM
-T-
Rock God

shitty drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlegRock

How else are you supposed to get were your going on time????
I'm so not letting you anywhere around me when we hit the trails again. And that reminds me you gassing it all the time!!! Sheesh dude use your damn turn signals when we are Rock climbing so I know which way to spot you!!!!

I laugh, I smile, I bounce..............JEEP
post #23 of 94 Old 05-31-2010, 07:48 PM
Granite Guru

1. I guess it's an Alabama thing...people who are going the speed limit but keep
their foot on the brake. This way you have no idea when you might actually
have/need to stop...
2. Most have complained no one uses their blinker, here no one turns theirs off. If
you are ever driving in AL never pull out until they commit to a turn.
post #24 of 94 Old 05-31-2010, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenszel View Post
We get a lot of shitty drivers at the Jersey shore all summer long. Go through the list of the stupid shit drivers do and I can see that just going to the WaWa around the corner....
used to go down to wildwood growing up and i definitely know what you mean.

edit: haha WaWa. i remember those damn things. just dont go looking for a dunkin donuts anywhere!

Last edited by pizzaman; 05-31-2010 at 10:29 PM.
post #25 of 94 Old 05-31-2010, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by B'ham Jeeper View Post
1. I guess it's an Alabama thing...people who are going the speed limit but keep
their foot on the brake. This way you have no idea when you might actually
have/need to stop...
2. Most have complained no one uses their blinker, here no one turns theirs off. If
you are ever driving in AL never pull out until they commit to a turn.
bullshit! always pull out, especially when in doubt

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode