Off Road Heros - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 05-13-2010, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Off Road Heros

If you are one of the people who says that Tim's never screwed anyone, read this:

TIM SCREWED ME ON MY COMBO TOP.

Ordered a combo top. Paypal confirmation shows a charge of 1125.00 - Combo top's price, not the fastback

Every email back and forth with Tim referenced the combo top either in the subject line, or in the body of the email.

Received only the fastback.

So I sent him over a thousand bucks and he sent me merchandise that by his own website's account, is worth significantly less than what I paid. No, seriously Tim, you enjoy that interest free loan until you feel like shipping the rest of my order, you moose-fucking jerkoff.

No two ways about this one; as far as I'm concerned, and until he makes it right, the Moose-Fucker defrauded me out of a couple hundred bucks.

Since the phone number I have for him does nothing but ring until it disconnects - no answering machine - and he ain't exactly one to reply to emails right away, I have no input from him on this to indicate otherwise.

So there you go, I get to be the first guy Tim screwed over. Yay.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 05-13-2010, 02:23 PM
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607

Oh no a shipping error, call god and bring the brimstone. I'm sure someone somewhere is going "what the fuck this isn't what I ordered" somwhere else in the world. It will work it self out. Frustratuing yes, end of the world no.

2008 JK 4Dr Rubicon
Stone white
Mygig W/Uconnect working.
Hard top/Auto tranny
First mod, dog slobber.
Painted hard top
Spidertraxx 1.5 spacers
Teraflex 3" lift
Currie front lower control arms
JKS front and rear adj. track bars
Euroefx HID kit, high/low beam and fogs
Shrockworks rear full width, tire carrier

Post count from the "other" place when i was following the "herd" was 692 on 4-2-09, not a noob...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 26 Old 05-13-2010, 04:22 PM
Granite Guru

File a dispute with paypal. They always seem to side with the buyer, and I bet you will get a response real quick that way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- offroad inspired decals for your jeep
--
2008 Unlimited Rubicon - Silver (Locked and Loaded)
2014 Unlimited Sport - Billet Silver (Mall Crawler)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 Old 05-13-2010, 04:35 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

IBTMOAMFORHTT
post #5 of 26 Old 05-13-2010, 05:29 PM
Rock God

If you did any research at all on the top you would know that while he does take a while to deliver he always makes good on his mistakes. Sounds to me like you need to fucking chill out. There are ways for you to resolve this without going off the deep end. I am sure the amount of interest he is making off your money is just staggering though. I wonder where he invests it all...
post #6 of 26 Old 05-13-2010, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
Banned

[QUOTE=rob4607;432389]Oh no a shipping error, call god and bring the brimstone. I'm sure someone somewhere is going "what the fuck this isn't what I ordered" somwhere else in the world. It will work it self out. Frustratuing yes, end of the world no.[/QUOTE]

It's almost as exasperating as spelling the word frustrating.

Tim finally answered his phone and gave me a song and dance and then promised to fill the order... you know, eventually.

All he had to do was just let me know. Mention it in any one of the emails we sent back and forth, or call the number thats at the bottom of all my emails and leave a message. Fuck, scribble 1 of 2 on the box - something.

same old story, poor communication, slow shipping, stuff that just doesn't sound true. Yup, ORH is still ORH.

post #7 of 26 Old 05-13-2010, 10:33 PM
Rock God

And still worth it.
post #8 of 26 Old 05-13-2010, 10:40 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Shouldn't this be posted in the drunk thread?

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #9 of 26 Old 05-14-2010, 05:17 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
post #10 of 26 Old 05-14-2010, 06:24 AM
Rock God

Garage

Heh heh... Hang in there Dan! I'll buy you a beer the next time we're out wheelin!

Hotrodtinker JERSEY
CREW
'08 Unlimited Rubicon (Rescue Green)
Lifted and running (for the moment)...
Planned Mods:
- Engine swap and 1-ton axles!!!
post #11 of 26 Old 05-14-2010, 06:55 AM
Rock God

Garage

It's been a while, but, let me see if I can help you. Click me.

Jersey
Crew
JK retired Wednesday, March 21st, 2012.
07 X 6spd • Clayton 3.5 • OME LT • ORE Gussets/Sleeves • RCV Shafts • JKS Discos & Track • AEV Snorkel • FLW Rear Bumper • RRF Front• PSC Sliders • RROR Skids • Poly P. Ball Joints• Wood's Shafts• Yukon Gears • Maxxis Kreepy Krawlers • Superwinch epi9• Safari Straps
post #12 of 26 Old 05-14-2010, 07:01 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post
Shouldn't this be posted in the drunk thread?

Jason
No, I posted it here so I could use backspace. There are rules in the Drunk Thread. The firs rule of Drunk Thread is that you do not ... Aw fuck!

post #13 of 26 Old 05-14-2010, 07:16 AM Thread Starter
Banned

LMFAO no clikie needed on that one

post #14 of 26 Old 05-14-2010, 07:18 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
LMFAO no clikie needed on that one
Ah yes, a little ball busting in the morning will really get you going. Hope everything works out quickly for ya. It's always more fun to click and watch it go thru the motions though. The bottom of the screen scanning takes the fun right out of it.

Jersey
Crew
JK retired Wednesday, March 21st, 2012.
07 X 6spd • Clayton 3.5 • OME LT • ORE Gussets/Sleeves • RCV Shafts • JKS Discos & Track • AEV Snorkel • FLW Rear Bumper • RRF Front• PSC Sliders • RROR Skids • Poly P. Ball Joints• Wood's Shafts• Yukon Gears • Maxxis Kreepy Krawlers • Superwinch epi9• Safari Straps
post #15 of 26 Old 05-14-2010, 08:38 AM
Rock God

I think Dan, just by his personality, invites problems from vendors he uses. kind of like their purposely scewing with him...I think Off Road Heros got the idea from Q-tec....hang in there Danny Boy.....

08 2dr X, Rock Krawler Arms and front truss, C Gussets, FT 3" Springs, JKS Trackbars & Discos, AEV Snorkel, Warn Front Bumper, Rancho Rear Bumper, 35" BFG KM2, Recon 10500 Winch, Synthetic Line, Coast Rear Shaft 1350, KC Slimlites, Cobra 75 CB
post #16 of 26 Old 05-14-2010, 09:28 AM
RIP Brad

Garage

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Winner winner, chicken dinner!
post #17 of 26 Old 05-14-2010, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEPA JK08 View Post
I think Dan, just by his personality, invites problems from vendors he uses. kind of like their purposely scewing with him...I think Off Road Heros got the idea from Q-tec....hang in there Danny Boy.....
Oh, Danny Boy, the Pub... The PUB is caaaaalllliiiinnnn

It's obvious. If you learn that I've ordered something from a vendor, you should immediately begin to avoid that vendor like the plague because their business operations will invariably implode just moments after receiving my order.

And, BTW, the issue I had was with a RR product ordered from Qtec. RR stepped right to the plate and offered to step in if QT wasn't being helpful; which in the end, they were.

ORH, not so much.

post #18 of 26 Old 05-14-2010, 02:04 PM
Wheeler

I fall into the same boat as Dan on this. I have looked at the ORH tops and agree with all that they seem to be the best. But after reading all the delays and what have you on his operation...I don't have the patience for that crap. I know its my loss but damn thats good money floating out there for indefinite wait.
post #19 of 26 Old 05-14-2010, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMPSON View Post
I fall into the same boat as Dan on this. I have looked at the ORH tops and agree with all that they seem to be the best. But after reading all the delays and what have you on his operation...I don't have the patience for that crap. I know its my loss but damn thats good money floating out there for indefinite wait.
Don't get me wrong, as annoyed I am that the masses are 100%right on the money about Tims wait times and his pain in the ass shipping, the top I got looks badass just sitting in a box. You just have to save the cash, and maybe suggest to him you'd prefer 6 day gauranteed delivery. It'll cost u a few bux more, but you won't have to stare at a tracking code that refuses to update for two weeks.

Bottom line, he may be a royal PITA to do business with, but the guy delivers a decent product ...eventually, when he gets around to telling you you're getting it...if he remembers.

Wait, what were we talking aboot?

Oh,right. The flyers beatin on some moose-humpers on our home ice.

LET'S GO FLYERS!!

Last edited by Dancin Dan; 05-14-2010 at 08:25 PM.
post #20 of 26 Old 05-16-2010, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Tim can eat a bag of dicks. My top has a fucking hole right above my head on the driverside. So glad I get to patch my brand new top. Or I could send it back and wait until 2011 when he gets around to sending me a new one. Dammit

post #21 of 26 Old 05-16-2010, 04:29 PM
Rock God

Dan, sounds to me like that guy from Off Road Heroes snuck in one night an put that pin hole there just to piss you off....

08 2dr X, Rock Krawler Arms and front truss, C Gussets, FT 3" Springs, JKS Trackbars & Discos, AEV Snorkel, Warn Front Bumper, Rancho Rear Bumper, 35" BFG KM2, Recon 10500 Winch, Synthetic Line, Coast Rear Shaft 1350, KC Slimlites, Cobra 75 CB
post #22 of 26 Old 05-16-2010, 04:40 PM
Rock God

Garage

I want the cargo top so bad.. Prob won't ever buy it tho..

Unless of course it becomes a stock item somewhere and I can buy it on a whim..

Good luck with your top

no jeep here...
post #23 of 26 Old 05-16-2010, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEPA JK08 View Post
Dan, sounds to me like that guy from Off Road Heroes snuck in one night an put that pin hole there just to piss you off....
Yeah, no dice on that one. I got a dawg who ain't above chewing on federal agents, so I'm pretty sure Tom didn't pinhole it while I slept.

I can see friggin daylight through this thing.

Fuckin canadians.

post #24 of 26 Old 05-18-2010, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I Was Wrong

When I'm wrong, I'll admit it. And I was wrong about Tim.

Just got an email reply from him:
Quote:
Hi Dan !
I can send you a new front section no problem.* What happened to the top ?*** A hole in the roof ?*** How did that happen, when you say worn was it in the shipping process ?** Is this the front section ?*** Is this a 2-piece bikini roof, with a separate front and a separate back portion ?*** I can send you a new front section no problem.** Is this black diamond material ?* I can send you a new front section no problem.
Tim

post #25 of 26 Old 05-18-2010, 08:39 PM
Granite Guru

Good to see things are working out! Got to remember, ORH is a company of one, sure Tim tries his best and accidents happen!

Mike B

08' Jeep Wrangler
08' Dodge Avenger SXT (winter beater)
64' Plymouth Sport Fury(sold)
58' Triumph TR-3A(in 1,000,000 pieces)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode