TERAFLEX -- be careful - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 64 Old 05-10-2010, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
RIP Brad

Garage
TERAFLEX -- be careful

If you send back an item to Teraflex, you MUST follow up with them to receive a credit. If you do not, nothing will ever happen. The girl at Teraflex (Paula) explained this to me over the phone that they will not issue a credit unless you call and request them to do so.

This happened to me after they gave me an RMA and clearly told me that they would credit back my card after two to three weeks. Why it takes so long no one will ever know, but I can guess.... my thought is that they are hoping you forget about it.

This is just a long string of issues I've had with Teraflex.... I used to think highly of their stuff, but it has become clear that once you have an issue, they are nearly impossible to deal with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 64 Old 05-10-2010, 11:45 AM
Rock God

Garage

very interesting....

wonder if anyone else has had this problem with them.

07 JK 2/DR Sahara, 35" Wrangler kevlar, 10k Winch, Garvin Roof Rack, 3" Black Diamond, CatBack Exhaust, RR Gen-1 Snorkel, too much more to list

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Welcome to JKOWNERS- Home of boobs, guns, meat, and Jeeps.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 64 Old 05-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Rock God

Interested in hearing their response.A question though...
Why would their return process make you question their products? I would still think the same about their products regardless of how their policies played out.

2009 Sahara Unlimited. 5.7L Hemi truck setup. Rock Krawler 5.5 coil over LA. Maxxis Trepador 40's . ATX Rims, XRC front rear and side armor. RROR Crusher corners, RROR flat flares. Warn XD9000i. Prorock 44 with RCV shafts. 5.13 gears, ARB front and rear lockers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 64 Old 05-10-2010, 11:55 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

If that is the way the do business, I wouldn't use them no matter how good their products are. If they issue an RMA number, once they receive your return, it shouldn't take more than 3 days to give you a refund. I've never had to call a company to tell them to issue me a refund. Why the f* would I send it back if I didn't want a refund?

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #5 of 64 Old 05-10-2010, 12:10 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
If that is the way the do business, I wouldn't use them no matter how good their products are. If they issue an RMA number, once they receive your return, it shouldn't take more than 3 days to give you a refund. I've never had to call a company to tell them to issue me a refund. Why the f* would I send it back if I didn't want a refund?
Perhaps an exchange, however I agree 100% with most of your comments. Why they would wait on your call to act is rediculous and I'm very interested in learning from them, if that is their policy and why that is in place.

2009 Sahara Unlimited. 5.7L Hemi truck setup. Rock Krawler 5.5 coil over LA. Maxxis Trepador 40's . ATX Rims, XRC front rear and side armor. RROR Crusher corners, RROR flat flares. Warn XD9000i. Prorock 44 with RCV shafts. 5.13 gears, ARB front and rear lockers.
post #6 of 64 Old 05-10-2010, 12:18 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by abendx View Post
If you send back an item to Teraflex, you MUST follow up with them to receive a credit. If you do not, nothing will ever happen. The girl at Teraflex (Paula) explained this to me over the phone that they will not issue a credit unless you call and request them to do so.

This happened to me after they gave me an RMA and clearly told me that they would credit back my card after two to three weeks. Why it takes so long no one will ever know, but I can guess.... my thought is that they are hoping you forget about it.

This is just a long string of issues I've had with Teraflex.... I used to think highly of their stuff, but it has become clear that once you have an issue, they are nearly impossible to deal with.
Did you buy from TeraFlex or from TeraFlexPLUS? That can make a big difference on how it's handled/written up. RMA's are being handled slowly right now, we have hired a new person to help handled this out. Sometimes RMA's do sit for sometime before getting processed, that is issue that is being address. This was due to the individual that had this job has numerous jobs here to do.

will not issue a credit unless you call and request them to do so.
This is not true, many credits are done automatically. Again it just depends on what type of customer and how the RMA was written up. If this was true, there would many customers posting about this issue on numerous forums.

If anyone has a pending RMA, please give our Customer Service Dept a call.

801-713-3314
post #7 of 64 Old 05-10-2010, 12:48 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to .:eMETAL:. Send a message via Yahoo to .:eMETAL:.

I've never had one challenge with Teraflex (be product or CS). Sorry to hear you had troubles with them. Maybe you should buy a lottery ticket since you happened to be like the only one so far to have experienced a problem. I mean that's a 1 in 79 so far according to this threads view count.

just bustin ya balls. sorry to hear of your dilemma.

Remember to support our great Vendors here at JKO when purchasing your Jeep goods!

post #8 of 64 Old 05-10-2010, 01:18 PM
JKO Addict!

No complaints here, sorry.

JKUS Sort of
post #9 of 64 Old 05-10-2010, 01:18 PM
Granite Guru

Sorry to hear you had a problem but in my personal experience, Teraflex has gone above and beyond in customer service for me and I am very happy with them as a company.
Hopefully you can get it worked out.

Semper Fi
9th Annual Low Country Mud Rats Jeep Show / Poker Run / Pub Crawl
Sept 17-19 Savannah, Ga
Click link below for info and registration!

post #10 of 64 Old 05-10-2010, 01:26 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Sorry you are having problems with Teraflex. They've always gone way beyond what is normally expected to help me.
post #11 of 64 Old 05-10-2010, 01:36 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to benmar2000

TF has always been great to deal with for me and any issues I have had.. Been top notch company with me..

Vote - Bacon for 2012!!!
Power to the People!!! Time for a Revolution!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
roll, roll, roll your joint, twist is at the end, light it up and take a puff now pass it to a friend.
post #12 of 64 Old 05-10-2010, 01:37 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeraFlex View Post
Did you buy from TeraFlex or from TeraFlexPLUS? That can make a big difference on how it's handled/written up.
What's the difference between TerFlex and TeraFlexPLUS?

Dirty Minion #6
post #13 of 64 Old 05-10-2010, 01:58 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Other than really crappy joints on their first gen. flex arms, TF is has been good to me.

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.
post #14 of 64 Old 05-10-2010, 02:26 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayton1999 View Post
What's the difference between TerFlex and TeraFlexPLUS?
TeraFlex = Manufacture of components
TeraFlexPLUS = Local Utah retail store, installs, repairs etc

801-713-3314
post #15 of 64 Old 05-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

2 lift kits & components with no complaints and TF always gets back quickly with any questions....so i hope (and believe) any problems they have had are being addressed appropriately and will be isolated!

|
|
post #16 of 64 Old 05-10-2010, 03:33 PM
CalmerThanYouAre

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. They've always been top notch with me.

I support the military, fiscal responsibility, Hemp, legalization of Marijuana over 21, smaller government and the Bill of Rights.

NSA: The only part of the government that actually listens.
post #17 of 64 Old 05-10-2010, 04:40 PM
Rock God

I'm not debating what you said... but I just wanted to make clear that TeraFlex has been awesome to me. I always talk to Joe @ TF and he has sent me replacement bushing, install tools, and so on at no cost to me.... NEVER have I had such GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!

www.californiasurveillanceinvestigators.com
post #18 of 64 Old 05-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Rock God

No complaints here. I am happy with their products and the few times I talked to Joe.

2014 Rubi Unlimited

2008 2dr X SOLD
with some chit on it
post #19 of 64 Old 05-10-2010, 05:27 PM
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607

I've had the same issue as post #1 and even Joe said the upper management handled it poorly (fucked up). Maybe they have grown to the point of too much to follow up on and not enough guys to chase it down and take care of in many different departments. who knows.

2008 JK 4Dr Rubicon
Stone white
Mygig W/Uconnect working.
Hard top/Auto tranny
First mod, dog slobber.
Painted hard top
Spidertraxx 1.5 spacers
Teraflex 3" lift
Currie front lower control arms
JKS front and rear adj. track bars
Euroefx HID kit, high/low beam and fogs
Shrockworks rear full width, tire carrier

Post count from the "other" place when i was following the "herd" was 692 on 4-2-09, not a noob...

post #20 of 64 Old 05-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Rock God

Garage

Yeah Id have to say that isnt Teraflex's normal practice to screw people over. When my front shock started squeeking 3 weeks after the lift was installed, they sent me a new shock, no questions asked, for free, before I even sent the bad one back. No issues at all. Sounds like an isolated incident.

Proud to be One of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children 2001-2010.

Semper Fi
post #21 of 64 Old 05-10-2010, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
RIP Brad

Garage

Quote:
Did you buy from TeraFlex or from TeraFlexPLUS? That can make a big difference on how it's handled/written up. RMA's are being handled slowly right now, we have hired a new person to help handled this out. Sometimes RMA's do sit for sometime before getting processed, that is issue that is being address. This was due to the individual that had this job has numerous jobs here to do.

will not issue a credit unless you call and request them to do so.
This is not true, many credits are done automatically. Again it just depends on what type of customer and how the RMA was written up. If this was true, there would many customers posting about this issue on numerous forums.

Who knows who I dealt with.... I called the number on your website (teraflex.biz) and spoke with a Paula, as I pointed out in the original post. If you don't know who this is.... you might have bigger problems than I am pointing out.

As for your RMA issue.... "sitting" as you stated. Is two months normal or does that seem excessive? Did Paula just feed me a line of bullshit about the requirement to call to actually get the refund processed? She did mention something about the type of customer.... but didn't elaborate. Maybe you treat corporate customers better than individual ones?

Quote:
Hello.... are you not proving my point?

It's all good... I just felt that JKO should know that if you buy, then return something to Teraflex, you need to watch out and make sure you get a refund.

Last edited by abendx; 05-10-2010 at 07:26 PM.
post #22 of 64 Old 05-10-2010, 08:17 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by abendx View Post
I called the number on your website (teraflex.biz) and spoke with a Paula, as I pointed out in the original post. If you don't know who this is.... you might have bigger problems than I am pointing out.

good point

In the age of high-volume internet sales, treating corporate customers better than the average Jeeper is bad business.

That being said, I have had very good experiences in all of my dealings with TF. Joe was a big help with my last purchase. Always fast shipping, website always accurate as to what is in stock, and good tech service. Never had to deal with a return though.
post #23 of 64 Old 05-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Rock God

Teraflex sounded like a foreign customer service rep in their reply...LMAO!

08 Unlimited - Flame Red "Lucy"
2.5" RC Coils & 33" KM2 on stockers

08 JK - Stone White "The Goat"
2.5" BB, 35" MTRs on 15s, Rubi sliders - just the beginning

Keeping Austin Weird
post #24 of 64 Old 05-11-2010, 04:52 AM
CalmerThanYouAre

To the OP:
Hope this gets straightened out. If it were me you'd already be posting a "thanks for fixing my problem". I would've PM'd you first and made it right to the best of my abilities within minutes. You would've been my top priority. Bad press spreads faster than good. Buddy of mine is deciding between an RC or TF lift. Little things can have big influences.

I support the military, fiscal responsibility, Hemp, legalization of Marijuana over 21, smaller government and the Bill of Rights.

NSA: The only part of the government that actually listens.

Last edited by sin52; 05-11-2010 at 04:55 AM.
post #25 of 64 Old 05-11-2010, 06:42 AM
JKO Addict!

They've been helpful with me. Between CS and a return/exchange, things had gone smoothly. Then again, I was dealing with Carl and he seemed to be pretty much on top of things. You guys (Teraflex) should get him to come back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode