Thanks for NOTHING Smittybilt! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 Old 05-06-2010, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
Thanks for NOTHING Smittybilt!

The smittybilt XRC10HD seemed like the perfect package - an air compressor and 10,000lb winch built into one, and HALF the cost of the warn powerplant! Guess what, it IS too good to be true.

I ordered mine on November 11 2009. I waited patiently for 2 months. I finally called 4wd.com to see where the heck it was, they said it wasn't going to be in stock for another month, so I cancelled my order. I posted my issue on the forums and got a PM from another online retailer, and I placed an order since they were in direct contact with Smittybilt and had a delivery date. I've since waited 4 MONTHS. Every few weeks we would call Smittybilt and they'd have another supposed delivery date. On Feb 2 we called they said there were 372 units coming in mid March and I was #4 in line. I just found out today the new ESTIMATED time of arrival is AUGUST 1st. What a joke!

Beware, most of the retailers are even stating that they are taking pre-orders... they just let you buy it and wait. Its not like they sold out and it backordered, its just not even finished being produced over in China. I looked back at my email from Smittybilt back in November and it stated at the bottom of one of the emails that the winch was in "research and development" even though it was "for sale" on every offroad website out there... Good luck to those who are holding out. I'm buying a warn powerplant like I should have done in the first place.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Project Blue Bruin Build-Up Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

M416 Offroad Trailer Build:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 05-06-2010, 03:42 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebruin View Post
T "research and development" .
translation: We have sent a Warn Powerplant to a Chinese factory to be reverse engineered.
post #3 of 35 Old 05-06-2010, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Garage

Damn you Company for not coming out with a product when I want it!

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 Old 05-06-2010, 04:04 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
LOL

I understand why the op is mad at them, but then again, is made in china and it was in R & D.

JKOutcast Member
post #5 of 35 Old 05-06-2010, 04:13 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Re: Thanks for NOTHING Smittybilt!

FWIW my Warn Powerplant works great... Was in stock.... Has a lifetime warranty and is actually ON my jeep.
post #6 of 35 Old 05-06-2010, 04:13 PM
Granite Guru

Thats pretty lame. I wanted to get one of those too. So no one has one of these because they technically don't exist yet, except for the ones in ads? Very misleading.
post #7 of 35 Old 05-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Granite Guru

I understand why the op is mad at them, but then again, is made in china and it was in R & D.
Today 03:43 PM
Hey don't underestimate the chinese, they're takin over! Wasn't too long ago that Japanese electronics were inferior to Americas....look at em now. Not to mention the car industry.
I didn't realize Smittybuilt winch was made in China though, no wonder it'll be half the price.
post #8 of 35 Old 05-06-2010, 04:33 PM
Rock God

Garage

Hey OP,

Sorry for your troubles dude.

I hope you get a winch soon!

I Freakin' Love My JEEP!! Hey, you in the Hummer..

I Love and Miss You Brodude..RIP.
post #9 of 35 Old 05-06-2010, 05:36 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to JohnnyWalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RonGilbert View Post
FWIW my Warn Powerplant works great... Was in stock.... Has a lifetime warranty and is actually ON my jeep.
Lifetime Warranty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
Did you just search for "gay" or "halo" and bump those threads?
post #10 of 35 Old 05-06-2010, 05:47 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

through 4WD Hardware...... direct replacement shipped to my door

also got free shipping

On edit, I got a phone call the day after I ordered it asking if I wanted the 4wd direct replacement warranty and I said hell yes.... I didn't see it advertised.

hope I never need it.

Last edited by Mr.RonGilbert; 05-06-2010 at 06:01 PM.
post #11 of 35 Old 05-06-2010, 05:56 PM
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to AnkurGT Send a message via Yahoo to AnkurGT
Thanks for NOTHING Smittybilt!

Smitty blows. I sent back three bumpers to them because they weren't even close to correct tolerences for the JK. I learned my lesson. I don't care if they're made in China - some things are made there and have decent QC. Smitty has not shown me that commitment to QC.

The Ramblin' Rubinator:
2009 Stone White Rubicon Unlimited
Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper w/ MileMarker 9500SEC Winch - Rancho Rear Bumper/Carrier - Rancho 4" Sport Lift - 37x12.50x17 BFG KM2s on 17" M/T Sidebiters - AirRaid Cold Air Intake and Throttle Body Spacer - Rugged Ridge Side Armor and Euroguards - IPF XSD900 Lights - Rancho Crawler Cat-back Exhaust - Poly Performance Gussets and Sleeves - ARB Competition Diff Covers

post #12 of 35 Old 05-06-2010, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
No.... damn you company for advertising something FOR SALE that you don't even have available TO SELL...

That's what's frustrating. If they would have said, we are taking pre-orders, but we have absolutely no idea when it will come to market, and then I placed and order anyway, I'd have nothing to complain about. But they basically led me on for 6 months. Not cool.

post #13 of 35 Old 05-06-2010, 06:45 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
I know you like those guys hit, but Smitty Bilt shouldn't be selling crap that they:

A. Haven't finished designing.
B. Don't make yet.
C. Isn't even on a fucking boat on the way over from the slave camps.
D. All of the above.

They suck, and it's not like it's the first time they have pulled shit like this.

You had stated in you Moab report that they had new management and would be a better company. Maybe those guys are just in over their head or something, but this is just another example of the ineptitude of of the sweat shop fabricators.

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.
post #14 of 35 Old 05-06-2010, 06:55 PM
dsy
Granite Guru

Sign up for the new Smittybilt Vapor Winch Cant even say buy cheap and buy often yet.

07 Flame Red Unlimited Rubicon, 5.7 hemi, RCV shafts, 35" KM2's, AEV 3 1/2 lift, , AEV rear swing away Carrier, AEV Snorkel, LoD front bumper with Warn powerplant, 45qt Engel refrigerator / freezer. , Marchal E-Code lamps
DIY Hemi build

Last edited by dsy; 05-06-2010 at 06:57 PM.
post #15 of 35 Old 05-06-2010, 07:22 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to benmar2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RonGilbert View Post
X2 - Been on my JK for 3 years and works great.. As a matter of fact, the wife used it the other day to blow up a kiddie pool for some neighbor friends down the street..

Vote - Bacon for 2012!!!
Power to the People!!! Time for a Revolution!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
roll, roll, roll your joint, twist is at the end, light it up and take a puff now pass it to a friend.
post #16 of 35 Old 05-06-2010, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by benmar2000 View Post
X2 - Been on my JK for 3 years and works great.. As a matter of fact, the wife used it the other day to blow up a kiddie pool for some neighbor friends down the street..
So, I have an unlimited.. 37's, rack, bumpers, etc.. hope to have tube fenders, full armor underneath and who knows what else. Getting heavy... Should I go with the 12K vs. the 9.5 Warn? Not much of a cost difference and I've seen some people who said they regreted not getting the more powerful one.

post #17 of 35 Old 05-07-2010, 04:23 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to benmar2000

Quote:
So, I have an unlimited.. 37's, rack, bumpers, etc.. hope to have tube fenders, full armor underneath and who knows what else. Getting heavy... Should I go with the 12K vs. the 9.5 Warn? Not much of a cost difference and I've seen some people who said they regreted not getting the more powerful one.

Mine's an unlimited and it has worked great for me so far.. If I need more pulling power, I just pull out my Snatch Block..

Vote - Bacon for 2012!!!
Power to the People!!! Time for a Revolution!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
roll, roll, roll your joint, twist is at the end, light it up and take a puff now pass it to a friend.
post #18 of 35 Old 05-07-2010, 04:28 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Mine has done well but I have not "really" tested it... I do have a snatch block just in case. If you have the jack for the bigger one I say go for it. Better to have it and not need it....
post #19 of 35 Old 05-07-2010, 02:34 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

The OP got the Warn instead. Trust me, this had a happy ending.
post #20 of 35 Old 05-07-2010, 08:40 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

My powerplant has never let me down!

2014 Rubicon on the build!
post #21 of 35 Old 05-08-2010, 03:34 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to .:eMETAL:. Send a message via Yahoo to .:eMETAL:.

Quote:
yes go with the 12k.

Remember to support our great Vendors here at JKO when purchasing your Jeep goods!

post #22 of 35 Old 05-11-2010, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:eMETAL:. View Post
yes go with the 12k.
That's what I decided to do. The 9.5 comes with 45 extra feet of cable and is 100lbs lighter, which would both be nice. But I'll probably get a synthetic line someday anyway. Best to have the power in case you need it. I pull and M416 trailer loaded full of crap most the time anyway.

post #23 of 35 Old 05-13-2010, 03:14 PM
Rock God

Your new Powerplant HD is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Thanks for hanging in there so long even though we should have pulled the plug on the other one sooner.

James

JKOWNERS Member Discount Available at:

Click the link to automatically apply the current offer!

Follow us on:

post #24 of 35 Old 05-13-2010, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDM Offroad View Post
Your new Powerplant HD is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Thanks for hanging in there so long even though we should have pulled the plug on the other one sooner.

James
Yeah, totally not your fault. Props to RDM for being responsive, giving me the real explanation when I was wondering where it was, and having good customer service. Just be sure you really warn people who order this that they have promised and promised but it hasn't shown up, so there are no guarantees when it will come, not matter what the "expected arrival date" is. When someone tells you it will ship on X date, you just expect that that's when it will ship! Any insight on what Smittybilt's deal is? I can't be the only one who has gotten fed up.

post #25 of 35 Old 05-14-2010, 05:28 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Way to go, you can't go wrong with Warn.

Leave that China built Smittybuilt crap on the shelf.

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode