Very disappointed with Poly Performance - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 75 Old 04-20-2010, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Very disappointed with Poly Performance

If this is the wrong place to post this, please move it to where it needs to be.

So after all the high praises on this board and others, I decided to place my first order to Poly Performance.

I purchased a Tie Rod Clamp, Steering Damper, and their Chromoly Tie Rod. I wanted everything to go smoothly as I needed the Tie Rod before May 1st, I had some cash in my paypal account and they offered that method of payment. Payment was made on 4/6.

I received a message the next day that the Steering Damper was out of stock and it would be the next week before it would ship. I called back and was also told the Tie Rod was also out of stock (between the time I ordered and the time I called back they had sold the one that was in stock but on hold because of the Steering Damper.) No worries I say, I just have to have them by the 1st of May. I'm assured it will be no more than 10 days.

Fast forward to this morning. I hadn't heard anything nor received an email update so I decided to call and check on the status, maybe a tracking number if I'm lucky. I am told that the Tie Rod is now out of stock until the 4th of May. Well that sucks, these things happen though so I just tell them thanks and cancel my order. I'll have to figure something else out.

3 hours later I still don't have my paypal so I call to inquire as to if my order has been canceled. This is where I get the red ass, I can't stand people to lie to me and try to treat me like I just fell off a turnip truck.

Nick, the guy I'm talking to (who apparently has no boss, I asked to speak to his supervisor), says that it takes paypal a day or 2 to process my refund. NEVER have I ever had an issue with paypal taking for than a few minutes to clear my payments... and I just found out why.

Not only did Nick try to bullshit his way around that the refund didn't get processed this morning when it should have (amazing that within 10 minutes of getting off the phone a second time today I get an email from paypal.) but they sent me back an echeck paypal payment. This means I now have to wait 3-5 days for their echeck to clear AND it will cost me $5 in fees!

Maybe their policy is to send checks, it's the 1st business I've dealt with that does, but together with the run around that Nick tried to give me I'll never try to buy Poly again. They can have products that crap golden eggs and I still won't buy from them. There are too many other companies who appreciate their customers and don't try and lie to them or leave them hanging after the sale.

So Poly Performance, here's to you

-One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 75 Old 04-20-2010, 12:42 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Recently had the same experience; promised before a deadline - twice, once by Nick. Never came through. I almost missed a chance to install my stuff with use of a full mechanics shop with a hydro lift - free of charge. Teraflex ended up saving the day for me.

Poly makes great stuff at good prices, but PIG needs to straighten out his customer service department. DON'T make promises to customers that you CAN'T or have NO INTENTION of keeping just to make a sale - period. If its an inventory management problem and not a CS problem - SOLVE IT.

At this point, I still may buy from Poly as I like their products, but not if I have a deadline to meet. The thing I like about Teraflex website is they tell you what is in stock and how many - and ship lightning fast. They seem to have a good system down.
post #3 of 75 Old 04-20-2010, 12:50 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

And here is the lesson of the day:

If you need a part on a deadline, you're a dumbass for ordering it from a website just assuming the part is available for immediate shipment.

Can anyone tell me what happens when one "ass u mes" something?

So lesson learned. Next time pick up the phukin phone and talk to a human being to confirm that the part is available for shipment. If it's not, you get to keep shoppin without tying up funds with a PayPal refund that the vendor may or may not have control over.

back at ya

Edit: and this should probably be in "dirty laundry"

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
zjr- I'm not that horny, but I have been known to salivate over your meat.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by scottrock; 04-20-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 75 Old 04-20-2010, 12:51 PM
Wheeler

Send a message via AIM to justrok

I have ordered thousands of dollars worth of parts from Poly and with the exception of sending me a reverse tread bung, everything has been great. Even with that, they overnighted the part free of charge so I would have it the next day.

I did read a thread about them recently changing the design on the tie rod so it didn't rub with those new knuckles that some seem to be upgrading to. It would be nice if they explained the delay to you so you could plan around it, but I would rather have the delay for the new part just in case you ever want those knuckles.

I would bet that your issue is the exception, not the rule!

2007 Rubicon Unlimited (Retired from Mall Crawling on 8/21/09 to spend more time on the rocks with the family)
1997 TJ 3-linked front anchored by a very heavy JK44
post #5 of 75 Old 04-20-2010, 12:54 PM
Granite Guru

I want to say the guy i ordered from was Dave. He told me it'd likely be a couple weeks before i saw my sleeves/truss, and maybe even a week on top of that before i rcv shafts came in, as they shipped direct from the manufacturer. he was right. they are all installed now and getting abused. my only issue is all the god damned golden eggs they keep crapping out all over the place.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 75 Old 04-20-2010, 01:20 PM
Rock God

Why in God's name would you pay for something like that with a Paypal account?? Paypal has always taken days for anything to clear from what I recall.

Call em up and give em the debit card dude.

08 Unlimited - Flame Red "Lucy"
2.5" RC Coils & 33" KM2 on stockers

08 JK - Stone White "The Goat"
2.5" BB, 35" MTRs on 15s, Rubi sliders - just the beginning

Keeping Austin Weird
post #7 of 75 Old 04-20-2010, 04:19 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Talk to Thean...he'll take care of you like the mob.

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.
post #8 of 75 Old 04-20-2010, 04:28 PM
Rock God

Holy shit, that is some weak complaint.
post #9 of 75 Old 04-20-2010, 05:01 PM
Wheeler

Send a message via Skype™ to onepersonriot

First and foremost I would like to introduce myself. My name is Kurt and I am the customer service manager at Poly Performance Inc. The first time I heard of this issue was this morning shortly after Nick got of the phone with Bunker. I was across the street working with our production manager or in shipping while Nick was on the phone with you. As soon as he filled me in on what was going on I processed the PayPal refund, more on this later.

Let me explain some of the issue we’ve been having with the manufacturer of our steering dampers. At this time we do not have the capabilities to manufacturer our own steering dampers and therefore are at the mercy of our supplier. Lately we’ve been dealing with the supplier pushing back dates constantly. Even this morning we were told the dampers would be done on April 30th and not even 2 hours later were told that they were actually out of bodies and they wouldn’t be shipping until mid-May. We are currently searching for other manufactures who can better keep up with our demands and who will keep us informed with realistic release dates.

The next part I would like to address is your issue with Nick. Nick is a new employee and is still learning the ropes. While you were speaking to him I was out of the office, across the street in our manufacturing facility or outside in shipping, (I’m not too sure which). I will be the first to tell you he handled the issue incorrectly (in my eyes and obviously yours) and should have immediately searched me out to try and help resolve the issue. Nick was informed on his errors and instructed on how to avoid situations like this in the future.

When you requested to cancel your order, since it was paid via PayPal, it was passed off the person who processes all PayPal transactions at our office. The individual it was given to did not have a chance to issue the refund before his lunch hour. Our company policy is to issue refunds same day on cancelled orders. When I came back Nick filled me in on the situation, I should have immediately called you, my mistake. Instead I processed the PayPal refund, using an E-Check which is company policy. If this were a credit card refund it would also take about three to five business days for the bank to release the funds.

I would be happy to PayPal you the difference from the PayPal fees. I also feel I’ve just outlined the situation and not covered everything; I would be more than happy to provide more clarification if requested. You can reach me directly at 805-783-2060 x205 or email me at [email protected]. If you would like, you can PM me and I’ll be happy to provide my cell phone number if you are busy during our normal business hours.

Also, if there is anything I can do to make you happy please let me know and I will try my best to make it happen.

-Kurt Richards
post #10 of 75 Old 04-20-2010, 05:09 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

This is what our society has become, depend on a website to give us far more information that it can give. I know it can be frustrating but if I have a deadline I am calling the manufacture directly so their are no possible hicups.....

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #11 of 75 Old 04-20-2010, 05:28 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to JohnnyWalker

Stay Classy, Poly Performance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
Did you just search for "gay" or "halo" and bump those threads?
post #12 of 75 Old 04-20-2010, 06:22 PM
JKO Addict!

Nice Job Kurt! Way to be stand up and try to explain it all.
post #13 of 75 Old 04-20-2010, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepersonriot View Post
First and foremost I would like to introduce myself. My name is Kurt and I am the customer service manager at Poly Performance Inc. The first time I heard of this issue was this morning shortly after Nick got of the phone with Bunker. I was across the street working with our production manager or in shipping while Nick was on the phone with you. As soon as he filled me in on what was going on I processed the PayPal refund, more on this later.

Let me explain some of the issue we’ve been having with the manufacturer of our steering dampers. At this time we do not have the capabilities to manufacturer our own steering dampers and therefore are at the mercy of our supplier. Lately we’ve been dealing with the supplier pushing back dates constantly. Even this morning we were told the dampers would be done on April 30th and not even 2 hours later were told that they were actually out of bodies and they wouldn’t be shipping until mid-May. We are currently searching for other manufactures who can better keep up with our demands and who will keep us informed with realistic release dates.

The next part I would like to address is your issue with Nick. Nick is a new employee and is still learning the ropes. While you were speaking to him I was out of the office, across the street in our manufacturing facility or outside in shipping, (I’m not too sure which). I will be the first to tell you he handled the issue incorrectly (in my eyes and obviously yours) and should have immediately searched me out to try and help resolve the issue. Nick was informed on his errors and instructed on how to avoid situations like this in the future.

When you requested to cancel your order, since it was paid via PayPal, it was passed off the person who processes all PayPal transactions at our office. The individual it was given to did not have a chance to issue the refund before his lunch hour. Our company policy is to issue refunds same day on cancelled orders. When I came back Nick filled me in on the situation, I should have immediately called you, my mistake. Instead I processed the PayPal refund, using an E-Check which is company policy. If this were a credit card refund it would also take about three to five business days for the bank to release the funds.

I would be happy to PayPal you the difference from the PayPal fees. I also feel I’ve just outlined the situation and not covered everything; I would be more than happy to provide more clarification if requested. You can reach me directly at 805-783-2060 x205 or email me at [email protected]. If you would like, you can PM me and I’ll be happy to provide my cell phone number if you are busy during our normal business hours.

Also, if there is anything I can do to make you happy please let me know and I will try my best to make it happen.

-Kurt Richards
Well thank you for that Kurt.

Like I told Thean, I needed the parts (Tie Rod AND Damper) before May 1st. Shit happens and this wasn't going to happen for whatever reason and I was fine with it. I ended my conversation with Thean on a positive note and was content with the outcome (the 1st phone conversation with him this am)

The issue I had was when I called back and Nick tried to treat me as though I was some schmuck who didn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. Telling me the refund HAD been processed and that it was paypal's fault the funds were not showing up. He also said he was head of customer service (this he told me when I asked to speak to a supervisor). After I again talked to Thean he got everything going and the refund was issued... the $5 charge just added a little fuel to the fire as I was already pissed from the conversation with Nick previously.

Your response here has shown a lot to me, I appreciate that and thank you for taking the time to respond. Hopefully you can get him squared away and this won't happen again to someone else.

-One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Last edited by Bunker; 04-20-2010 at 06:53 PM.
post #14 of 75 Old 04-20-2010, 07:46 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Poly has been great to me!

2014 Rubicon on the build!
post #15 of 75 Old 04-20-2010, 08:01 PM
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607

In his defense a website selling parts like this should keep up with stock or out of stock on their website. If not what is the point of the site if it is unreliable? And the parts he ordered were
not super custom parts and you should still be able to get him the parts to make the deal right. If you don't have the dampner then send him an upgraded one. It's great that their rep has jumped on here as he did but to get the bad taste out of his mouth poly needs to pulls some strings to have the parts to him by the first as discussed. And there is no reason knocking the guy that had a
poor experience with them all you poly guys should be rallying for
poly to pull it off getting him the ordered
parts. In other words
come
on poly!
post #16 of 75 Old 04-20-2010, 08:07 PM
Administrator

Garage

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #17 of 75 Old 04-20-2010, 08:25 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Glad to see this was resolved. Other companies list items and are back ordered all the time...this is nothing new. Sucks the way Nick handled it but I guess it's forgivable. We were all new once. I've ordered stuff from Poly in the past and haven't had any real issues. Typical wait times, products arrived, no complaints

1972 Commando on Tons & 40s
post #18 of 75 Old 04-20-2010, 08:40 PM
Rock God

Never had an issue with poly and they make great products. I needed new dust boots for my tie rod ends. Called them, they sent them for free and they showed up in less than a week with free stickers too! Great company IMO.
post #19 of 75 Old 04-20-2010, 09:25 PM
Granite Guru

Nice job Kurt, you and your company are a class act and I've always been happy with your products and customer service.
post #20 of 75 Old 04-20-2010, 10:17 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrock View Post
And here is the lesson of the day:

If you need a part on a deadline, you're a dumbass for ordering it from a website just assuming the part is available for immediate shipment.

Can anyone tell me what happens when one "ass u mes" something?

So lesson learned. Next time pick up the phukin phone and talk to a human being to confirm that the part is available for shipment. If it's not, you get to keep shoppin without tying up funds with a PayPal refund that the vendor may or may not have control over.

back at ya

Edit: and this should probably be in "dirty laundry"
You should really READ the posts before you run your pie-hole. Both the ops post, and my post clearly state that we spoke to reps on the phone and even provided names. I was promised delivery by a live person on the phone. I would have looked somewhere else if they could not get me what I needed within a couple weeks. The Op spoke with the same individual and had a REAL customer service issue and now your railing him like the sheeple on JKO for posting his experience? READ before you run your keyboard.

Last edited by desert dog; 04-20-2010 at 10:24 PM.
post #21 of 75 Old 04-20-2010, 10:56 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob4607 View Post
In his defense a website selling parts like this should keep up with stock or out of stock on their website. If not what is the point of the site if it is unreliable? And the parts he ordered were
not super custom parts and you should still be able to get him the parts to make the deal right. If you don't have the dampner then send him an upgraded one. It's great that their rep has jumped on here as he did but to get the bad taste out of his mouth poly needs to pulls some strings to have the parts to him by the first as discussed. And there is no reason knocking the guy that had a
poor experience with them all you poly guys should be rallying for
poly to pull it off getting him the ordered
parts. In other words
come
on poly!
I agree to an extent on keeping the site up to date with in-stock parts but at the same time, that would probably require a more extensive inventory tracking program than Poly would require as they are still a growing business (that issue should definitely be considered by them soon IMO). I do think you are wrong assuming that Poly can just snap their fingers and magically get the parts he needs "on his timeframe" as I am sure they didn't want to lose his purchase in the first place. I am sure his order didnt say "hey guys, I need these by the first of May" either so he should just understand that backordered items happen from time to time. I do think the tie rod which was "on hold" from his order should not have been sold unless his order had been cancelled since his other parts could have been shipped seperately from the damper. Poly is not responsible to "upgrade" his order but maybe he could've bought the Fox damper for $25 more!

It is awesome that Kurt got on here to try to resolve things and hopefully he gave Nick the ass-chewing he deserves because there is such a thing called business ethics. If Nick didn't know how to resolve the issue in a professional manner, he should have told the caller that he would have someone call him back (sounds like Nick thought he was "in charge" though since his boss was out of the office and got a bit of an ego boost). After this incident I think Nick would be on a probationary period if I were the boss and be under a close eye.

Paypal does take time to completely process transactions even though they post payment almost immediately (their website even states this to warn people of scams). Just get your reimbursement from Poly as they have offered it and call it a day.

I have heard great things about Poly Performance and I will be purchasing items from them at some point in the future.
post #22 of 75 Old 04-20-2010, 11:00 PM
JKO Addict!

I also think some of you guys should give the OP a break. If Poly had an auto-inventory website I could see how it would be his fault to assume that he would have his parts in time but online orders sometimes get delayed.
post #23 of 75 Old 04-21-2010, 04:15 AM
JKO Addict!

I just placed my first order with Poly last week and have nothing but good things to say. Hell, Dave even took my order on a freaking Sunday!
post #24 of 75 Old 04-21-2010, 04:43 AM
Rock God

Garage

Well fwiw, I believe the OP has a legit complaint.

Yeah shit happens, but when it does and it's your company causing the shit to happen..Upper management needs to be prepared to get involved and clean up the mess.

In this case Kurt (poly) did just that.

I haven't ever purchased anything from this company, but after seeing that they employ people like Kurt, who'll step up and make it right (if need be)..well let's just say Poly earned my confidence.

Sorry for your bad experience OP, but I hope you're able to understand and burry the hatchet..This sort of thing does happen, and it's NOT just with Poly.

Have an awesome day dude!

I Freakin' Love My JEEP!! Hey, you in the Hummer..

I Love and Miss You Brodude..RIP.
post #25 of 75 Old 04-21-2010, 06:41 AM
JKO Addict!

Poly is a great company, with good people and outstanding products. I've ordered an embarrasing amount of stuff and spent the budget of a developing country from them in the last year and everything has been on time, and correct.

That said I think it is pretty clear they are having some growing pains. My latest experience with an order has been slow and painful, and at this point I'm pretty sure I've just sort of fallen through the cracks so to speak. And yes, the site needs to be updated with at least correct prices (both of my items were priced incorrectly on the site) if nothing else.

On the other hand there's also another vendor that I just can't get to return my contacts. Guess my money's no good anymore.

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
-Milton Friedman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode