Power....or lack there of...... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 07-12-2008, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Power....or lack there of......

I love, love, love my Jeep and we have so much fun it, it's worth only getting 15 mgp, even at $4.50 a gal.....but the total and complete lack of power is grating on my nerves. I have to drive up and down a mountain every day and unless what I need to pass isn't faster than a horse drawn carriage...I ain't passing... Where's the BEEF??????????

~Richard & The Goddess~
Current Mods: 2.5 BB Teraflex Lift, 35" Nittos, 16"X8" MB Wheels, On-Board Air, Flo Master Exhaust, Power Inverter (800w), Evap Canister Relocation, WOODS S. S. relocation bracket, WOODS Rear Axle, Mopar Hitch, CB, Happy Bunny mud flaps!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 07-12-2008, 07:22 PM
Granite Guru

How many miles do you have on it? I started getting better milage after I broke 7K. Of course, I drive a lot of highway miles, about 80%. I am getting b/t 17-19mpg. It might be my imagination, but I think my mpg went up a little bit when I put on my Flowmaster muffler, too.

You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer - Frank Zappa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 Old 07-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Granite Guru

Well, I see you have a 2.5" lift. I assume you have larger tires to go with it. A regear may be in order.

2007 JK Rubicon
Clayton Offroad 3.5" | 35" Nitto Mud Grapplers | Cragar Soft 8s | JE Reel 1350 drive lines | Alloy USA front axle shafts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 07-12-2008, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

x2..."gears"- 4:88s or 5:13s...You'd be a happy passin mofo!

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #5 of 14 Old 09-01-2008, 06:14 PM
Rock God

Wow,Thats a great First Post
post #6 of 14 Old 09-01-2008, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by micky0604 View Post
During the Northern Song Dynasty,there was a skilled archer. One day he drew a big crowd while he was practicing on the drill ground. He shot so accurately that the on-lookers cheered with excitement. He became very proud of his skill.world of warcraft power leveling But among the crowd an old oil peddler only nodded his head indifferently.This hurt his Pride.  "Can you do this?"world of warcraft powerleveling he asked the old oil peddler.  "No, I can't."  "What do you think of my skill?"  "Just OK, but nothing special.war gold You've gained your accuracy from persistent practice. That's all."  "What can you do, then?" The old man said nothing.He put a gourd bottle on the ground and covered its mouth with a copper coin. He then scooped out a ladle of oil from his big jar, held it high Warhammer gold and began to fill the bottle. Now, a thread of oil came down from the ladle into the bottle just through the hole of the coin. Everybody looking on watched with amazement. But the old man said, "This is nothing special, I can do this because I Warhammer Online gold have practiced it a lot."And with these words, he left. Later, people use this phrase to mean "Practice makes perfect".

I....I....don't know what to say....spam bot?????????????????????
post #7 of 14 Old 09-02-2008, 08:47 AM
Wheeler

I have 5.13's and 35's in mine. Its not a race car but I can deal with it. I went up to Big Bear this weekend and I had no problem holding 45-55 MPH the whole way up the hill. However passing was still an issue, its not like your adverage car where you can just hit the gas and pass. Im used to it though all my Jeeps have been like this....Its a Jeep thing Now if it had a V8... or if I ever finished the 4.7L stroker I was going to put into my YJ...... It would be a different story.

'08 JK, 35's, 5.13's, and a Detroit.
post #8 of 14 Old 09-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Rock God

Start adding on all the steel and then it'll really start slowing down. I'm really leaning towards a supercharger.

BEER Helping me do stupid things to my JK since 2007!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 14 Old 09-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Granite Guru

I get 22.9mpg on the highway with mine, but towing my tent trailer it goes way down. the power isn't going to set you back in the seat, but with the 6 speed, I just find a gear that puts me in the power range and it does OK if your on a long straight a way.LOL I'm thinking about going to 4.88's, I think that would really help towing the 1200lbs tent trailer. Plus I would have much better crawling gears in lo range.

Silver 07 JK 2dr. hard top, 6sp,4.10's,255.75r17's BFG Mud Terrains.
post #10 of 14 Old 09-03-2008, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

just got my 35s,i guess its time for gears

~Richard & The Goddess~
Current Mods: 2.5 BB Teraflex Lift, 35" Nittos, 16"X8" MB Wheels, On-Board Air, Flo Master Exhaust, Power Inverter (800w), Evap Canister Relocation, WOODS S. S. relocation bracket, WOODS Rear Axle, Mopar Hitch, CB, Happy Bunny mud flaps!
post #11 of 14 Old 09-07-2008, 04:15 PM
TrailDuty.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by seer View Post
I'm really leaning towards a supercharger.
I'm starting to think that way too. Do you have a particular one in mind yet?
post #12 of 14 Old 09-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Wheeler

I'm considering a supercharger too. I did a little research and Avenger seems to be the favorite amongst JKowners. RIPP is another good one.

08 Jeep Unlimited X

"If it feels good, do it!"
Grandma Belyew
post #13 of 14 Old 09-07-2008, 06:39 PM
Rock God

other than a supercharger or a v-8 swap, nothing is going to make a real "seat-of-the-pants" difference.

some things will make small differences - lower gears, hypertech programmer (if you use the premium setting with 93 octane gas).

cold air intakes are pretty much worthless.

the headers and cat-back systems are not anywhere near worth the cost on our engines and the improvements are little to none.
post #14 of 14 Old 09-24-2008, 09:29 PM
Rock God

I just got a Ripp Supercharger installed on mine.....HOLY **** that little minivan motor grew some BALLS....I LOVE IT...it is still in it's 500 mile break-in so I'm averaging 4-6 psi of boost...by the time the computer figures everything out I'll be hitting 8-10 psi!...it's awesome...highly recommended!...

here's a pic of the set-up and my JK

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode