basickrawler scammer - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old 02-25-2015, 02:31 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

basickrawler scammer

So I bought some Daystar stingers from this guy and it was a nightmare. We agreed on $300 shipped I paid using a money order on his request which should have been a red flag.

I paid on 12-23-2014 and just got the stingers last week but with missing pieces and a postage due on the package. I started getting worried mid January so I texted, emailed, and called him for a couple of days with no response until I threatened to report him if he didn't respond. That got his attention and he said he went on vacation and forgot all about it and would ship it 2 day air.

3 weeks later no package but he sent me a tracking number so I called the post office and they tell me that he printed out the postage from home and sent it as a flat rate box but it was not a flat rate box and that there was $41 postage due on it before I could get it. He only paid $5. Then I open the box and I am missing 3 stainless steel shafts.

I work in a machine shop so it was easy enough to make them but this guy is a scammer and looks like he has done this to others. I have his address, name, and phone number if anyone who's been screwed by this guy needs it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 02-25-2015, 02:34 AM
JKO Addict!

Post it up .. This is DL. Fuck him .. Sorry that happened to you.
I think I remember the ad too.

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #3 of 29 Old 02-25-2015, 02:43 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Jeremy Wanichko
6762 forest oak dr Clemmons nc 27012
Phone # 1-724-610-7085

that's the address I used to send the money order to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 Old 02-25-2015, 04:12 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

What a fuckstick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #5 of 29 Old 02-25-2015, 05:00 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Additional info.

Jeremy Adam Wanichko

E-mail address - [email protected]

http://whois.domaintools.com/overtheedgeoffroad.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #6 of 29 Old 02-25-2015, 05:12 AM
CalmerThanYouAre

As soon as I read money order I knew things were going down hill. Then the fiasco with shipping the parts. Not cool.

I support the military, fiscal responsibility, Hemp, legalization of Marijuana over 21, smaller government and the Bill of Rights.

NSA: The only part of the government that actually listens.
post #7 of 29 Old 02-25-2015, 05:14 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

I've been in contact with a couple of very dissatisfied buyers on here and I'm going to let this thread stay and temporarily keep him un-banned. I am however, going to delete all of his for-sale ads. I hope that these buyers are able to get some kind of resolve although that looks unlikely. Going forward... I don't want to see anyone else getting scammed by this guy.

Links to two of the unresolved transactions:

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=222025

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236290

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #8 of 29 Old 02-25-2015, 06:00 AM
JKO Addict!

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. Luckily I've only been screwed over once on the internet (eBay). That being said, this is how a "scammer" thread should go. All his info, posted, so no one else gets burned by the same guy and his previous work catches up with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #9 of 29 Old 02-27-2015, 05:27 PM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

Looks like we need to send Estaban to take care of his ass.

https://twitter.com/JuicyJJJ11/media

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved ©2015
post #10 of 29 Old 02-28-2015, 07:59 PM
Granite Guru

I would call this mail fraud. I would check with a lawyer to see what can be done, if anything.

2011 Sahara Tan Rubicon 6 Speed
TR HD17 Beadlocks, BFGoodrich A/T KO2 34x10.50R17, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, and more to come...
post #11 of 29 Old 03-01-2015, 01:08 PM
Rock God

Send this over to Pirate4x4 they get a kick out of these a-holes . Anybody remember Charlie Wenzel , much funny there ,and deservingly so ruined many future endeavors of olé Charlie . Payback-be-a Bitch.
post #12 of 29 Old 03-01-2015, 02:29 PM
Granite Guru

I think jeepin_usmc needs to be blacklisted as well. He tried pulling a quick one over on another forum member trying to sell a set of evolution 8700 knockoffs as the real deal. I've bought a lot of parts thru this forum and I can't imagine what a pain in the ass these scammers are. I just don't have time for that kinda shit...
post #13 of 29 Old 03-01-2015, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by family4x4 View Post
I think jeepin_usmc needs to be blacklisted as well. He tried pulling a quick one over on another forum member trying to sell a set of evolution 8700 knockoffs as the real deal. I've bought a lot of parts thru this forum and I can't imagine what a pain in the ass these scammers are. I just don't have time for that kinda shit...
So who got screwed? What forum member?

I never heard about it.

How should some guy be black-listed ( and not sure what you even mean by that) when no one reported anything, nor started a DL thread about it. I never saw any PM's from anyone about it either... so ?

But it does come up in a completely unrelated thread about someone else?

Sorry... but there needs to be more info posted about this or sent to me... and it really needs to come from the guy that got screwed over.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #14 of 29 Old 03-01-2015, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by un lupus View Post
Send this over to Pirate4x4 they get a kick out of these a-holes . Anybody remember Charlie Wenzel , much funny there ,and deservingly so ruined many future endeavors of olé Charlie . Payback-be-a Bitch.
We don't send our shit over to Pirate. It's been a unanimous fail across the board regarding the several things we've ever sent their way. We don't need to seek the elder Buccaneers assistance anyway.

We did have a pirate member come over here one time to help a guy out and that was one funny ass deal... "I'm from the internet..."

Those were the days.

post #15 of 29 Old 03-03-2015, 06:58 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
So who got screwed? What forum member?

I never heard about it.

How should some guy be black-listed ( and not sure what you even mean by that) when no one reported anything, nor started a DL thread about it. I never saw any PM's from anyone about it either... so ?

But it does come up in a completely unrelated thread about someone else?

Sorry... but there needs to be more info posted about this or sent to me... and it really needs to come from the guy that got screwed over.
It was guruman, I guess by blacklisted i meant blocked. Don't really consider it unrelated. Just pointing out we have another scammer in our midst. None of my business and not my problem. He did get his money back minus shipping and its all in the for sale section for anyone to read. Just saying the seller was intentionally trying to take someone for a ride.
post #16 of 29 Old 03-03-2015, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by family4x4 View Post
It was guruman, I guess by blacklisted i meant blocked. Don't really consider it unrelated. Just pointing out we have another scammer in our midst. None of my business and not my problem. He did get his money back minus shipping and its all in the for sale section for anyone to read. Just saying the seller was intentionally trying to take someone for a ride.
Yep.. I was tipped off only moments after I posted... but again... nothing was ever reported. The buyer in this case was very diplomatic and tried giving the benefit of the doubt.

In the case of basickrawler... he won't be selling anything else on here regardless of the infraction that he will ultimately receive. I've closed all his threads and they will be deleted as well.

As far as not instantly banning basickrawler, I was hoping that he might come on the board and respond. This would at least allow some accountability of sorts and allow members to let him know how they feel about him. I felt that banning him was just letting him off the hook a little too easy.

At this point however, I don't think he's coming back. Last activity was well over a month ago.

post #17 of 29 Old 03-03-2015, 09:44 AM
Rock God

Garage

Don't you always forget you sold Jeep parts to someone and then go on vacation?

Yep, money order should have been the big red flag. Sorry you got screwed and thanks for warning the group.

2008 JKU Rubicon. 2.5" Rock Krawler Stock Mod lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-windows, 5:13 gears, Uconnect Microphone mod, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Skid Row Evap Can Skid, and a Rugged Ridge Front Skid. Solid Diff Covers front and rear. Rock Slide Engineering Sliders.
post #18 of 29 Old 03-03-2015, 11:07 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:

Sorry Stub, I'm just now seeing this. I didn't cry for help because I got the bulk of my money back, and initially thought that maybe it was an honest-ish mistake.

Had I paid with a MO, I'd be crying louder. Good luck to the OP who got scammed by basickrawler. That sucks man.

_
'76 CJ-7, '43 CJ-2a, '78 Bronco,'78 CJ-7, '75 CJ-5, '78 CJ-7, '80 CJ-7, '78 SJ, '79 SJ, '78 and a '76 FJ-40 , '90 XJ, '91 XJ, '86 CJ-7, '95 ZJ, '68 CJ-101 Commando, '00 TJ, '68 M-715, 2 '86 Military Blazers, '96 LR Discovery, '86 CJ-7, '91 YJ, '99 TJ, 07' JKU Rubi, 1988 YJ, 1973 Commando, 3 Diesel Excursions....
Now back to a 2013 JKU Rubicon with "stuff", planning 37's with minimal lift.

I've tried them all... Jeeps are still the best. (0||||0)
post #19 of 29 Old 03-03-2015, 11:20 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Scarlet View Post
I would call this mail fraud. I would check with a lawyer to see what can be done, if anything.
L O L
post #20 of 29 Old 03-04-2015, 05:36 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FtHoodJK View Post
L O L
Better Call Saul....

2008 JKU Rubicon. 2.5" Rock Krawler Stock Mod lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-windows, 5:13 gears, Uconnect Microphone mod, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Skid Row Evap Can Skid, and a Rugged Ridge Front Skid. Solid Diff Covers front and rear. Rock Slide Engineering Sliders.
post #21 of 29 Old 03-04-2015, 06:34 AM
Rock God

Quote:
In all honesty if the OP sent a USPS Postal Money Order it is fraud.

I had this happen to me and had to have assistance from the State Police in the area of the seller I sent to. Once SP showed up at his house I had my resolution the next 24 hours.

2008 JKU: continual work in progress
post #22 of 29 Old 03-18-2015, 06:59 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

maybe we need a bad seller section for people to look at before they buy. i remember the "im from the internet" saga. that was great, i used that line last week when i met up with some people from a FB group lol

'92 YJ
'13 WK2
post #23 of 29 Old 03-18-2015, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMonkeY View Post
maybe we need a bad seller section for people to look at before they buy. i remember the "im from the internet" saga. that was great, i used that line last week when i met up with some people from a FB group lol
I'm guessing that you just mean for Private Sellers... because if it was a bad seller section with no limitations then we'd have all kinds of companies and individuals in there... including Chrysler lol.

I have a VERY short list of sellers that I don't want to see selling anything in here ever again.

The rest can usually be found with a look through DL or by looking at i-trader ratings, although I'll have to admit that there are a lot of unhappy buyers that wind up not leaving i-trader feedback, so...

In theory it's not a bad idea, but it can be a slippery slope in regards to those that have both positive and negative reviews. It could wind up being a kinda grey area with scenarios like "a seller that has 5 positive sales but one negative sale". Would they be black-balled? I dunno.

post #24 of 29 Old 03-31-2015, 08:52 PM
Granite Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to ChicagoNative

How do most people pay for things through the forum... PayPal?

Ian

2007 JK Unlimited X
post #25 of 29 Old 04-19-2015, 07:58 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoNative View Post
How do most people pay for things through the forum... PayPal?
A lot of people use pay-pal but there are also a good deal of folks that don't use it. I'm one of those people that don't use it. I've sold and bought a lot of things on this forum over the years and I have yet to ever wind up getting screwed over. I try to use sound judgement and automatically steer clear of any members or ads that smell fishy or that I have a hard time judging their character. I would guess that I've just gotten lucky overall, but again... I do try to gain some sense of whether or not the individual is legit.

There's always going to be some risk involved in buying/ selling online... no matter what. Everyone should also keep in mind that there could even be some isolated instances where although there is a dispute, that BOTH parties may possibly a.) be somewhat at fault, or b.) really feel that they didn't do anything wrong. You just never know how a sale will shake out.

FWIW: I was very surprised by two particular instances that happened to me.

In one case, a buyer commented to me that he didn't appreciate the extra dog-hair in the packaging lol. I'm a super-clean and neat person and I would have never guessed that someone might have ever taken offense to a few dog-hairs that [might have] made their way into the box, but whatever lol.

In another instance, I had a buyer that was a bit put-off that my cost to ship was a little more than the shipping amount listed on the package... even though I told the buyer exactly what the shipping cost was and he had absolutely no problem with it. I wound up having to explain to him that I had no choice but to ship the package via a box-store that subsequently charged me for their service. He knew what the cost was but didn't realize that it included the box-store's surcharge and that kinda pissed him off.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode