Fucking Rugged Ridge - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 84 Old 02-27-2010, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Fucking Rugged Ridge

Had my rugged ridge 3 light bar all ready for install. Proper tools, nice cold ready willing and waiting for after. Now, the description on the Quadraschmucks website indicated that absolutely no modifications to a stock vehicle would be required. I guess that meant unless your Jeep came with that little plastic piece between the grille and the bumper, cuz there was no way the brackets were getting installed around that. Fine. I'm no fan of plastic anyway. So, fuck it - off it goes. Now I can get those brackets installed PDQ.

Install the brackets and grab the light bar, drop it into place and try to insert the first bolt. No go. WTF? Try the second bolt. No go. Same deal on the other side. Not one of the 4 bolt holes on the light bar lined up with the ones on the lower bracket. So I pull it off, and laid the bar on a level surface.

Now I figure out what's going on with this piece of shit. The bar itself is cut at to two distinctly different angles, not to mention the brackets look like they were made by a one-armed blind monkey with a learning disability in his first attempt at shop class.

For a complete lack of any QA whatsoever on your products, you've earned the diamond douche award with bouncy clusters

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 84 Old 02-27-2010, 05:26 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

WAS THE MADE IN CHINA stamp straight though?

sorry Dan that has to suckkkkkk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
A Jeep just zipped past my house and I could swear I heard the driver yellin:

"The tkob is coming!! The tkob is coming!!"
post #3 of 84 Old 02-27-2010, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkob1060 View Post
WAS THE MADE IN CHINA stamp straight though?

sorry Dan that has to suckkkkkk
Nope, the sticker was cockeyed. And yes, it does.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 84 Old 02-27-2010, 06:35 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to paramaniac

nothing a BFH couldnt fix?

that sucks though.. nothing worse than paying good money for something that doesnt work or cant be mounted due to what is probably poor quality control. on my XHD bumper where the stinger mounts to the bumper the holes are off by like a 64th of an inch. while its not a waste, its a pain in the ass.

good luck

post #5 of 84 Old 02-27-2010, 06:39 PM
JKO Addict!

my RR junk went on without a hitch.... maybe you are just retarded just kidding that sucks

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
post #6 of 84 Old 02-28-2010, 05:06 AM
Wheeler

that sucks, hope they correct the problem for ya. Nothing worse than getting all excited over a new mod and then it not fitting properly or coming out looking differently than originally anticipated lol.
post #7 of 84 Old 02-28-2010, 06:22 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Aint no BFH gonna fix that. Need me a grinder

post #8 of 84 Old 02-28-2010, 06:49 AM
Rock God

Garage

That's like gettin' all worked up slappin' the condom on and her having a headache!

Well, at least you had a cold .

Hmm. know anyone w/a welder? I'm wondering if that could be welded to the plate? then fill the holes in and paint to match.

Or just wait for QT to send a new one....

I Freakin' Love My JEEP!! Hey, you in the Hummer..

I Love and Miss You Brodude..RIP.
post #9 of 84 Old 02-28-2010, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynkedad View Post
That's like gettin' all worked up slappin' the condom on and her having a headache!

Well, at least you had a cold .

Hmm. know anyone w/a welder? I'm wondering if that could be welded to the plate? then fill the holes in and paint to match.

Or just wait for QT to send a new one....
We t from a woo hoo I'm done beer to a let's start getting drunk and send an angry email to quadraschmucks

post #10 of 84 Old 02-28-2010, 08:18 AM
JKO Addict!

um... why not just drill it out? it isn't a thread right?, just bolts that go all the way through? if so just drill the shit, spray with paint and call it a day. Sure it should have been right from the manufacturer but geez what is up with Jeeprs these days. IMPROVISE ADAPT AND OVER FUCKING COME!

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
post #11 of 84 Old 02-28-2010, 10:49 AM
Rock God

Garage

I agree as far as making things work when you need to. But why shouldn't we be able to expect an out of the box item to bolt right up?
Not a big fan of quadratec or Rugged ridge. RR does make some nifty interior products but I wouldn't buy any of their bumpers or exterior metal products.
post #12 of 84 Old 02-28-2010, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenAmphibious View Post
um... why not just drill it out? it isn't a thread right?, just bolts that go all the way through? if so just drill the shit, spray with paint and call it a day. Sure it should have been right from the manufacturer but geez what is up with Jeeprs these days. IMPROVISE ADAPT AND OVER FUCKING COME!
Fuck that shit. I paid for something, and I expect to get it.

If all of their customers have that same mindset it's no small wonder they don't give a shit if their products fit; we just keep letting them shit in a box and call it a day.

post #13 of 84 Old 02-28-2010, 10:54 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Fuck that shit. I paid for something, and I expect to get it.

If all of their customers have that same mindset it's no small wonder they don't give a shit if their products fit; we just keep letting them shit in a box and call it a day.
x2
post #14 of 84 Old 02-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Granite Guru

"Fuck that shit" 5 star quote of the day.

i think i will use it at the gas station when i check my lottery tickets.
post #15 of 84 Old 02-28-2010, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssJK View Post
I agree as far as making things work when you need to. But why shouldn't we be able to expect an out of the box item to bolt right up?
Not a big fan of quadratec or Rugged ridge. RR does make some nifty interior products but I wouldn't buy any of their bumpers or exterior metal products.
Pretty much what I'm getting at here. This ain't a "waaah, I don't know what to do" it's a caveat for those who were thinking of buying one of these lightbars.

EDIT:
If I were to try to fix the bar, rather than drill out the holes, I'd prolly grind down the bottoms of each end of the bar to get them to line up.

Last edited by Dancin Dan; 02-28-2010 at 12:55 PM.
post #16 of 84 Old 02-28-2010, 05:57 PM
Wheeler

EDIT:
If I were to try to fix the bar, rather than drill out the holes, I'd prolly grind down the bottoms of each end of the bar to get them to line up.[/QUOTE]

I agree. If you oval out those holes, it will probably bounce, wobble, and make a shit load of noise. I would grind down the base of the one that sits higher too. This is all assuming I had any money to spend on such a thing anyway.

"Hope for the best, but expect the worst. You will never be disappointed." ME

'08 Unlimited X - Stone White - Hardtop - Auto - 3.73 Gears - 17's - 3" Fabtech

post #17 of 84 Old 02-28-2010, 06:08 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brashanic View Post
"Fuck that shit" 5 star quote of the day.

i think i will use it at the gas station when i check my lottery tickets.
Send it back...Make them send you a new one.

"All wranglers are jeeps, not all jeeps are wranglers"

"Holding out for the Pentastar in 2012"
post #18 of 84 Old 03-01-2010, 05:12 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Had my rugged ridge 3 light bar all ready for install. Proper tools, nice cold ready willing and waiting for after. Now, the description on the Quadraschmucks website indicated that absolutely no modifications to a stock vehicle would be required. I guess that meant unless your Jeep came with that little plastic piece between the grille and the bumper, cuz there was no way the brackets were getting installed around that. Fine. I'm no fan of plastic anyway. So, fuck it - off it goes. Now I can get those brackets installed PDQ.

Install the brackets and grab the light bar, drop it into place and try to insert the first bolt. No go. WTF? Try the second bolt. No go. Same deal on the other side. Not one of the 4 bolt holes on the light bar lined up with the ones on the lower bracket. So I pull it off, and laid the bar on a level surface.

Now I figure out what's going on with this piece of shit. The bar itself is cut at to two distinctly different angles, not to mention the brackets look like they were made by a one-armed blind monkey with a learning disability in his first attempt at shop class.

For a complete lack of any QA whatsoever on your products, you've earned the diamond douche award with bouncy clusters

Dancin Dan,

Send us a PM with your address and invoice information. We stand behind our product and we are sorry that you had a poor fitting bar. You are correct that this should not have made it past QC... Not even sure how it did but that does not help you.

Rugged Ridge

post #19 of 84 Old 03-01-2010, 05:30 AM
Rock God

Garage

Id spend the 4 minutes to drill it out.....

quicker and easier to have them send you a new one...
Then have RR send you some grab handles to make you a happy customer.

no jeep here...
post #20 of 84 Old 03-01-2010, 05:58 AM
Rock God

Garage

I agree, drilling will weaken the unit ntm, it may rust from w/in and ultimately have a loose fit.

My post was a relatively quick fix solution, in the event the OP didn't want to go thru the hasstle of sending it back and waiting fo another.

Anyhow, It looks like RR stepped up to the plate and is going to resolve the issue!

I Freakin' Love My JEEP!! Hey, you in the Hummer..

I Love and Miss You Brodude..RIP.
post #21 of 84 Old 03-01-2010, 06:59 AM
JKO Addict!

"It doesn't fit" and "Rugged Ridge" pop up in the same sentence all too often.

Hint, hint RR.
post #22 of 84 Old 03-01-2010, 07:06 AM
Rock God

Garage

I purchased a grab handle for the sound bar a while back. After installing it and realizing it blocked the screws for the freedom panels, I called omix-ada (RR). Their answer was "oh, that handle will only work if your running a soft top." It didn't mention any of this on the packaging or product description. Now I have a grab handle that is useless.
Never did I get an offer for a return or credit. Their QC does suck the big one.
post #23 of 84 Old 03-01-2010, 07:10 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverzendz View Post
"It doesn't fit" and "Rugged Ridge" pop up in the same sentence all too often.

Hint, hint RR.
Well... over 700 sold with about 3-4 returns... not bad if you ask most manufactures, but in a public forum it's hard to see the good side. Most of the time manufactures get dragged over the coals before we even have a chance to either respond or help people like Dancin Dan. This did get posted Sat. night.

It's all good, helps people to stay honest.

Like I said, we will stand behind what we make and take care of his warranty.

Rugged Ridge

post #24 of 84 Old 03-01-2010, 07:13 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Ridge - Alloy USA View Post
Well... over 700 sold with about 3-4 returns... not bad if you ask most manufactures, but in a public forum it's hard to see the good side. Most of the time manufactures get dragged over the coals before we even have a chance to either respond or help people like Dancin Dan. This did get posted Sat. night.

It's all good, helps people to stay honest.

Like I said, we will stand behind what we make and take care of his warranty.
What I posted wasn't meant to bash, I was only commenting on what I've seen and read. Standing behind what you make and making it right for the customer is good.

post #25 of 84 Old 03-01-2010, 07:20 AM
JKO Addict!

Rugged Ridge, can you post a pic of the meeting your going to have with Q.C. this am? With you screaming, throwing your arms? Calling everyone names? I would feel better buying your parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode