Issues with QUADRATEC! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 85 Old 02-24-2010, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to thaduke2003
Issues with QUADRATEC!

So I've posted this elsewhere, but I want MAX airtime for this gem of a Quadratec story:

So last week, I ordered a Detroit Truetrac for my D44 in my JK. I was getting 4.88's at the same time, so the guy at Q-tec told me I needed the 3.92+ split carrier. Okay.
I drive my rig up to my buddy Kevin's shop, and drop everything off.
Next day, I get a call. Front went together fine (open carrier, nothing fancy), but... the rear diff won't fit.
I call Q-tec. No clue why. No solutions. Maybe it just won't work for a JK. Fine. I have some $ in my bank account. I'll upgrade a bit. Briana has an ECTED in her JK, and I love it. I'll get one for mine! So I tell the guy I want that. He says I need a 3.92+ split carrier. Hmm.. ok...
So I talked to the aftermarket manager at Auburn Gear- nice guy. Calls shenanigans on that one. Says I need the 3.73- split carrier. Ok- gotta run! Call Q-tec, and get the order changed over... whew! Got it before it shipped.

It got in tonight, and Kevin calls me up, sounding PISSED. I say what's up? The diff I just paid over $700 shipped (overnight, even) for, yeah- it's used. As in, bearings pressed on, covered in gear oil. No instructions, none of the wiring goodies. A USED diff.

So right now I'm BEYOND PISSED at Quadratec, and wanted to get the word out about this kind of thing. A "Jeep enthusiast" company that A. doesn't know jack about what they're selling, and B. Would take a return and not process it properly.

So tomorrow, I'm taking off work and classes to drive up to Kevin's (an hour and a half each way), pick up both diffs, then drive down to PA (3+ hours each way) to RAISE HELL. If you don't hear from me again for 3-5 years, you know someone caught an ECTED to the face. NOT COOL! Mark W.

Back in a '94 YJ! Well, after I sink $$$$ into it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 85 Old 02-24-2010, 07:20 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to paramaniac

im not here to stir anything up, just to say i have been dealing almost exclusively with Q-tec since buying my Jeep and have never had a bad experience.

im sorry to hear this is happening to you. best of luck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 85 Old 02-24-2010, 07:24 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Dude, a carrier with bearings can work wonders on plate glass. I'd be tempted.

Obama, The greatest gun salesman since the invention of firearms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jscwerve View Post
This is exactly why we need to practice proper gun control.

If he was aiming down the sights correctly and had plenty of practice rounds under his belt, there would only be one side of this story.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 85 Old 02-24-2010, 07:31 PM
Granite Guru

Jeez....... i just ordered from them for the first time today
post #5 of 85 Old 02-24-2010, 07:35 PM
Rock God

I've ordered stuff from them but nothing that major. Antenna hookups, etc. Sucks that you're getting screwed like this.

jk-forum, jk-forum.com jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler
post #6 of 85 Old 02-24-2010, 10:40 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

I've ordered lots of things from them and they are 100% in my experience. But it does sound like they screwed the pooch on this one. I hope that they make things right for you.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 85 Old 02-24-2010, 10:48 PM
Rock God

No problems with them here.

-Established April 1, 1983-
No dues, No rules, No President
ALL FUN!
post #8 of 85 Old 02-25-2010, 04:17 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I've been ordering from them off and on since 2004 and the one or two problems I had was quickly addressed and fixed on their dime. Sounds like you might have had a trainee working on the docks for the first time...Good luck with the "discussion".

/

post #9 of 85 Old 02-25-2010, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

So I got my "solution" today.
They're sending me out another ECTED today. They put the order in not with new carrier bearings, but with setup bearings. So, another call to fix their mistakes.
Their peace offering- $100 store credit, and free shipping on the new ECTED. Wow. They lost me for life on this one.
This is also not the first time they've pissed in my cereal, but I'm the forgiving type. Not anymore, man. Lesson learned- Mark W.

post #10 of 85 Old 02-25-2010, 08:17 AM
JKO Addict!

I have had multiple bad experiences with Q-Tech, I feel your pain. Even if they are the only one with the part I will just do without.

United States Army 1997-Present

When a life or death decision must be made in seconds.....the police are only a minute away.
post #11 of 85 Old 02-25-2010, 08:37 AM
JKO Addict!

So I take it from your rant that you don't claim any of the responsibility? I mean when I order something I make sure I know what the fuck I am ordering and don't rely on a phone sales person to know what the fuck I need. Just saying... maybe you need to find out what the fuck you need before ordering next time.....fuck

never had a problem w Qtech

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
post #12 of 85 Old 02-25-2010, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

^ Easy there, dude.
And no, when I contact someone who is purported to be an expert in something, when that's all they do all day, every day, I try to have a little faith. Although after all this bullshit, I have to agree- from here on out, even for something that seems as straightforward as this, I'll be doing more homework.
However, in my defense, also, the dude said he owned a JK and "knew them inside and out." Apparently another lie...
Mark W.

post #13 of 85 Old 02-25-2010, 09:35 AM
JKO Addict!

For some things, they've been ok to me. Other than the chip on my shoulder I have about them selling things they don't actually have.

I wouldn't ask them a word of advice though. Gotta agree (in a not so harsh way) with GreenAmphib. They're a reseller, not a tech. shop.

But sending you a used part? Bullshit.
post #14 of 85 Old 02-25-2010, 10:19 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaduke2003 View Post
^ Easy there, dude.
And no, when I contact someone who is purported to be an expert in something, when that's all they do all day, every day, I try to have a little faith. Although after all this bullshit, I have to agree- from here on out, even for something that seems as straightforward as this, I'll be doing more homework.
However, in my defense, also, the dude said he owned a JK and "knew them inside and out." Apparently another lie...
Mark W.
Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted, why do they put a guarantee on a box? Hmm, very interesting.

Ted: I'm listening.

Tommy: Here's how I see it. A guy puts a guarantee on the box 'cause he wants you to fell all warm and toasty inside.

Ted: Yeah, makes a man feel good.

Tommy: 'Course it does. Ya think if you leave that box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter.

Ted: What's your point?

Tommy: The point is, how do you know the Guarantee Fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy, but we're not buying it. Next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I seen it a hundred times.

Ted: But why do they put a guarantee on the box then?

Tommy: Because they know all they solda ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is. Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for right now, for your sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality item from me.

Ted: Hmm. Okay, I'll buy from you.

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
post #15 of 85 Old 02-25-2010, 10:33 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenAmphibious View Post
Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted, why do they put a guarantee on a box? Hmm, very interesting.

Ted: I'm listening.

Tommy: Here's how I see it. A guy puts a guarantee on the box 'cause he wants you to fell all warm and toasty inside.

Ted: Yeah, makes a man feel good.

Tommy: 'Course it does. Ya think if you leave that box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter.

Ted: What's your point?

Tommy: The point is, how do you know the Guarantee Fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy, but we're not buying it. Next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I seen it a hundred times.

Ted: But why do they put a guarantee on the box then?

Tommy: Because they know all they solda ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is. Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for right now, for your sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality item from me.

Ted: Hmm. Okay, I'll buy from you.
lol x2

The rubicon is a 29 km. river in northern Italy. "Crossing the rubicon" is a popular idiom meaning to pass a point of no return. Originating from Ceasaer's 49 BC crossing of the river, which was considered an act of war
post #16 of 85 Old 02-25-2010, 10:46 AM
Granite Guru

i've been dealing with them for what must be a decade, with my TJ and my JK. aside from a server connection issue which put in a double order resulting in some return drama, i've not had any issues with them.

Last edited by Poor Boy; 02-25-2010 at 11:02 AM.
post #17 of 85 Old 02-25-2010, 10:47 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenAmphibious View Post
So I take it from your rant that you don't claim any of the responsibility? I mean when I order something I make sure I know what the fuck I am ordering and don't rely on a phone sales person to know what the fuck I need. Just saying... maybe you need to find out what the fuck you need before ordering next time.....fuck

never had a problem w Qtech
We are so much alike it ain't funny.

2009 Sahara Unlimited. 5.7L Hemi truck setup. Rock Krawler 5.5 coil over LA. Maxxis Trepador 40's . ATX Rims, XRC front rear and side armor. RROR Crusher corners, RROR flat flares. Warn XD9000i. Prorock 44 with RCV shafts. 5.13 gears, ARB front and rear lockers.
post #18 of 85 Old 02-25-2010, 10:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaduke2003 View Post
^ Easy there, dude.
Mark W.
I live about a half hour from their shop. Ask him which one in the lot is his? I'll drive by and confirm for ya

Bummer about the used part, they should know better.

post #19 of 85 Old 02-25-2010, 11:16 AM
Rock God

I have had nothing but positive experiences with them. The fact that they gave you a $100 credit and made it right speaks volumes. Stop whining.
post #20 of 85 Old 02-25-2010, 12:01 PM
Rock God

OK, here's my deal with QTech...if you are selling the stuff, you should know what you are selling. I wouldn't sell something that I didn't know anything about. From very early on in the JK series everyone knew right away which carriers to use on which set ups...crazy that they don't know. That is like going to the grocery store and asking for roast beer from the deli and they slice up some ham. They should just know! FUCK Quadzilla. I have no love for them either. Their prices are ridiculous and they do not follow MAP/MSRP guidelines.

You can buy my rifle if you would like

Ok, my rant is over. They really aren't that bad but folks are right...yeah it is a pain in the ass but they made it right with you. They didn't leave you out there hanging like some companies do. It was probably some new kid that they hired who didn't know squat...give em a break.

Sent Via Zip Line Messenger
post #21 of 85 Old 02-25-2010, 12:14 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey's Rubi View Post
OK, here's my deal with QTech...if you are selling the stuff, you should know what you are selling. I wouldn't sell something that I didn't know anything about. From very early on in the JK series everyone knew right away which carriers to use on which set ups...crazy that they don't know. That is like going to the grocery store and asking for roast beer from the deli and they slice up some ham. They should just know! FUCK Quadzilla. I have no love for them either. Their prices are ridiculous and they do not follow MAP/MSRP guidelines.

You can buy my rifle if you would like

Ok, my rant is over. They really aren't that bad but folks are right...yeah it is a pain in the ass but they made it right with you. They didn't leave you out there hanging like some companies do. It was probably some new kid that they hired who didn't know squat...give em a break.
Roast beer, as in, edible beer? I wanna know where you get your groceries asap.

Rest In Peace Guinness. You will never be forgotten. My brother and my best friend
post #22 of 85 Old 02-25-2010, 01:09 PM
Rock God

HA! I meant roast beef...i bet you can tell what is on my mind!

Sent Via Zip Line Messenger
post #23 of 85 Old 02-25-2010, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbound13 View Post
I have had nothing but positive experiences with them. The fact that they gave you a $100 credit and made it right speaks volumes. Stop whining.
If they "made it right" once in this process, I'd be happy. Just got a notification from UPS- they didn't properly weigh the package with the carrier bearings, so I won't be getting those in time. Now I have to drop another day of work and school to deal with this.
You think $100 is CLOSE to what I'm going to have to pay due to these retards not knowing what they're talking about? If Kevin weren't such a decent guy, it'd be several times that.

BEYOND pissed at these guys. I had to call 4 times to fix shipping addresses and other screw ups since they "made it right." You deal with half the headache I've had from these morons, and tell me I'm whining.
If I fucked up anywhere NEAR this badly in my shop, the repairs, and the initial work would be FREE- not free shipping. Bullshit- Mark W.

post #24 of 85 Old 02-25-2010, 05:00 PM
Granite Guru

Only get your floormats,grab handles and Blingy shit from them....Buy the good chit from vendors on this site!
post #25 of 85 Old 02-25-2010, 05:34 PM
JKO Addict!

OR

do the leg work before making such a large purchase......

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode