Rugged Ridge - OmixAda Service Sucks - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 01-13-2015, 06:44 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Rugged Ridge - OmixAda Service Sucks

I can't believe this place, someone tried to steam my HiLift off the back of my JK, it was a rugged ridge tailgate mount. Idiots, the jack had a pad lock on it, but they tried anyways, I didn't realize till I was down the road and the jack was banging around, when I went around to look all the hardware was gone, the two knobs and the little tab at the bottom that hold the jack. I went to OmixAda to PURCHASE the replacement parts, and the wont even talk to me without a receipt? They need "Proof of Purchase"?, for a hundred dollar part I bought over two years ago, without it they won't do anything for me.

Here is the exchange, I'll never buy a rugged ridge product again, imagine if it were a real issue?

""01/08/2015 2:31 pm
Hi,
Some idiot tried to steal my HiLift jack off the back of my 2007 Jeep JKU, it was locked so they couldn't get it, but buy the time I realized it was bouncing around back there I lost all the hardware, the two knobs and the "Z" tab that holds the jack on the bottom. How do I go about replacing this hardware?

Right now I'm driving with 40" tires and no jack!
Thanks

01/08/2015 3:41 pm Tyler Coolidge
Can you provide a valid proof of purchase for the jack mount as well as your current shipping information and we'll see what we can come up with.

01/12/2015 3:25 pm
Valid Proof??

I bought it like two years ago how am I supposed to provide valid proof?? Why would I contact you for parts for something I don't have???

28 XXX Ave
XXX, CT 06483

01/13/2015 9:08 am Tyler Coolidge
We do not sell parts direct to the public as we are the manufacturer. We do, however, support the products warranty which is extended to the original purchaser of the part upon proof of purchase from an authorized retailer. We do not offer warranty support for people who bought used components at a swap meet that were missing bolts, brackets, etc. Valid proof of purchase would pertain to an order number or invoice number that could be obtained from an invoice, packing slip, email order confirmation or by contacting the retailer where it was purchased for a copy of the invoice.

01/13/2015 9:35 am
You gotta be kidding me, I'm just looking to purchase the parts that were stolen, I have four Jeeps and with two recent projects I've probably spent $15,000 in the past year alone, and you're telling me I can't even get a couple of simple parts with out finding a receipt???

Your service sucks, I'll stay away from anything rugged ridge in the future, at least I found out on something small before I had a real problem.""

Screw them

Todd
2007 Unlimited
40 Toyo Open Countrys on Workz Rims
OrFab Rear Bumper, Smittybilt Front
Cree Light Bar
7.5 Long Arm Lift
Synergy Front Suspension
Artec Front JK Armor
5:13's
Tom Woods Drive Shafts
Hi-Lift & Much More
&
2000 TJ
6" lift
37 TOYO MT's on Worx Rims
$hitty Built bumpers
Air Raid
Bushwhacker Flairs & Trail Armour
Corbeau Baja RS seats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 01-13-2015, 06:49 AM
JKowners Vendor

Shoot me a email and I will see if we can go through our rep and get you what you need.

Sorry to hear you are having a issue. This is not normal for them.

-Jason

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #3 of 17 Old 01-13-2015, 07:50 AM
Granite Guru

Yes, it is normal for them. I bought control arm skids that didn't fit and they didn't fit and they didn't want to help me either. Skids were to norrow and did't fit over the mounts. Blamed me for not knowing what I was doing. I send it back to the company I bought it from and they send me a replacement set the did fit.

Then a few months ago I backed into a rock and broke the bottom turn knob and metal thing that hold my Hi-Lift jack in place. Called them and got the same story as the OP. Bought the mount 3 years ago, don't have the receipt anymore and can't remember from whom I bought it. So needless to say, I took the mount off, throw it in the trash and bought the Teraflex one.

No more Rugged Ridge parts for me either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 01-13-2015, 09:52 AM
Wheeler

I understand upalms' frustration but there is a reason for supporting the original purchaser through an authorized retailer/reseller (I know why so save the explanation). I don't discount that he is the original purchaser but without the proof well you're kinda SOL and I've been there before. That being said, I had a similar experience with them for warranty items. I wasn't trying to purchase replacement parts like upalms, I had the invoice, and it still was an issue.

I called them to explain the issue but they couldn't send me anything. Then, my retailer called them, had to re-tell the whole story (the person even recalled getting the same call a day earlier), and they shipped what I needed directly to me - which is exactly what I tried to do in the first place.

Rugged Ridge needs to determine what the actual process is, and then have everyone follow the procedure. Bottom line, when I need to go through a 3-ring circus for support, I do whatever it takes 1 time and then after that, I don't purchase from them.

Jeff
'01, '03 TJ's
'06 XK
'13 JKU & WK2
post #5 of 17 Old 01-13-2015, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

I agree jeffj78, service is everything, but I guess that's what you get dealing with a place the Omix Ada, I've dealt with a lot of manufacturers over the years building Jeeps, trucks, cars, had issues in the past with Rough country, Rustys, and other companies, it's usually a simple phone call, "let me see what I can do to help you out" put you on hold, run out back, get whats needed and take care of it.

I wasn't looking for anything for free, it wasn't a warrantee issue, I would have been happy to pay for it. The parts I need can't be bought at the Home Depot as you can see. Getting the runaround is what sucks, would it be any skin off their back to send me the two knobs and and the little bracket and charge me for it? I don't think so. It's times like this you seperate the good from the bad.

in the mean time I'll PM Jason at KrawlOff-Road.com, thx

Todd
2007 Unlimited
Cree Light Bar
7.5 Long Arm Lift
Synergy Front Suspension
Artec Front JK Armor
Tom Woods Drive Shafts
Hi-Lift & Much More
&
2000 TJ
6" lift
$hitty Built bumpers
Air Raid
Corbeau Baja RS seats

Last edited by upalms; 01-23-2016 at 04:17 PM.
post #6 of 17 Old 01-13-2015, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Do you have any good close up pics of the Teraflex mount, I looked on line and it looks good, but I'd like to get a better look at it. The problem with the RR design is the way the upper clamp holds it is a PITA, and the bottom was never secure, the metal piece on the bottom would just bend, I ended up jamming pieces of cut up radiator hose in places to stop the rattle, seems the Teraflex it just bolts right through the jack?? Looks like a simpler and better set up?

Thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteyjfm View Post
Yes, it is normal for them. I bought control arm skids that didn't fit and they didn't fit and they didn't want to help me either. Skids were to norrow and did't fit over the mounts. Blamed me for not knowing what I was doing. I send it back to the company I bought it from and they send me a replacement set the did fit.

Then a few months ago I backed into a rock and broke the bottom turn knob and metal thing that hold my Hi-Lift jack in place. Called them and got the same story as the OP. Bought the mount 3 years ago, don't have the receipt anymore and can't remember from whom I bought it. So needless to say, I took the mount off, throw it in the trash and bought the Teraflex one.

No more Rugged Ridge parts for me either.

Todd
2007 Unlimited
Cree Light Bar
7.5 Long Arm Lift
Synergy Front Suspension
Artec Front JK Armor
Tom Woods Drive Shafts
Hi-Lift & Much More
&
2000 TJ
6" lift
$hitty Built bumpers
Air Raid
Corbeau Baja RS seats
post #7 of 17 Old 01-13-2015, 11:14 PM
Granite Guru

I don't have one but can take some for you. It bolts us so is a bit harder to and slower to take off if you need too but way better than the Rugged Ridge one.

I will take some pictures and send it your way.
post #8 of 17 Old 01-14-2015, 04:33 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Sorry you had to learn the hard way. The first thing that anyone needs to know about Rugged Ridge is that everything they make is low quality in Chinese enslavement camps by 10 year olds. They make their shit for the mall crawler that doesn't give a shit about quality.

I know someone that just bought a RR CB antenna mount 2 days ago. He installed it and in classic RR fashion, the surface the antenna mounts to is not completely horizontal so the antenna tilts about 4 degrees one way. I told him to avoid all things RR. I can't believe people still buy that garbage.

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #9 of 17 Old 01-14-2015, 06:07 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Funny you should say that, I bought a set of fender flares and wheel well liners from Rugged Ridge

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12510_5202.htm

The holes in the flares didn't even come close to matching up to the holes on my JK, I mean in some case over an inch off. The real crazy part was the holes didn't even match the RR wheel well covers, and they were both made by RR!!

Get this, they did take them back, and came back and told me they were sorry but there must be a problem with the mold!!!! So they made two molds to produce two parts that were supposed to fit together, and started mass producing parts that they knew didn't fit together??????

I always new their stuff wasn't top of the line, but I never realized how bad it was. I haven't bought anything after the flares, the jack mount was from a while back, but I'll NEVER deal with their crap again

Todd
2007 Unlimited
Cree Light Bar
7.5 Long Arm Lift
Synergy Front Suspension
Artec Front JK Armor
Tom Woods Drive Shafts
Hi-Lift & Much More
&
2000 TJ
6" lift
$hitty Built bumpers
Air Raid
Corbeau Baja RS seats
post #10 of 17 Old 01-14-2015, 10:43 AM
Wheeler

More and more companies are being this way now. I ran into a similar situation with ORF with getting new hardware for my armor, called them up and they said they can't and wont sell directly, everything has to go thru a authorized retailer. They did however give me all the part numbers so all I had to do was give that to the suggested retailer which happened to be suspension connection and were completely lost.. I ended up just taking my original instructions down to Fastenal and purchased every stainless button head bolt, nutsert, washers etc I needed for $6... Its sad companies are getting like this, but thankfully there's some great retailers out there that make things happen for the customer and they deal with the manufactures afterwards..

post #11 of 17 Old 01-22-2015, 08:44 PM

Im sorry you had a bad experience with them. I had the complete opposite. I got into a car accident with my jeep and the front right Hurricane Flare was damaged. I contacted them to see if I could buy just that one from them because my insurance was refusing to help cover aftermarket parts. The service guy asked me for my address and sent me a brand new free replacement. I was in shock and very grateful. So for me anyway they have earned my loyalty. Maybe whom ever you were dealing with was just having a rough day/life event.
post #12 of 17 Old 01-23-2015, 04:24 AM
JKO Addict!

I understand Omix-Ada's position entirely. They don't SELL to the public. You want to buy parts, you go through a distributor. There's fifty distributors on this site that work with reps and sell the parts to the public. If you're looking to buy the parts, why give them a hard time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #13 of 17 Old 01-26-2015, 05:24 PM
Wheeler

If Jason can't get you fixed up let me know and I'll see what I can do to at least get you some part numbers and an order set up. I know most manufacturers won't SELL to the public but they will at least give you the part numbers to buy through a retailer like us or Krawl.

-Zach

Devin Black
Sales/Tech
800-884-1647 Ext. 4835

post #14 of 17 Old 01-27-2015, 06:39 AM
JKowners Vendor

No worries. We sent him the missing items...

-Jason

:

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #15 of 17 Old 01-27-2015, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

I want to thank Jason from KrawlOff-Road.com for pulling through for me and getting me the parts for my jack mount that Rugged Ridge gave me such a hard time about.

To me service is everything, having an issue is not the issue, it's all how the issue's handled, I want to thank Jason again for going above and beyond, he'll hear from me again when I begin my Cherokee project

Todd
2007 Unlimited
Cree Light Bar
7.5 Long Arm Lift
Synergy Front Suspension
Artec Front JK Armor
Tom Woods Drive Shafts
Hi-Lift & Much More
&
2000 TJ
6" lift
$hitty Built bumpers
Air Raid
Corbeau Baja RS seats
post #16 of 17 Old 01-27-2015, 03:38 PM
Granite Guru

It only took 2 weeks , Sheezzz . Thanks to the vendors at JKO , WHY could'nt the Mfg. do the Right thing and contact Jason or Zack . Would have put this to bed long ago , if they could have thought just a little outside the box . It's called Customer Service for a reason . Coulda' been a Molehill not a MOUNTAIN !......regards k.
post #17 of 17 Old 01-31-2015, 11:49 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
Sorry you had to learn the hard way. The first thing that anyone needs to know about Rugged Ridge is that everything they make is low quality in Chinese enslavement camps by 10 year olds. They make their shit for the mall crawler that doesn't give a shit about quality.

I know someone that just bought a RR CB antenna mount 2 days ago. He installed it and in classic RR fashion, the surface the antenna mounts to is not completely horizontal so the antenna tilts about 4 degrees one way. I told him to avoid all things RR. I can't believe people still buy that garbage.
I have the same EXACT problem with a Poison Spider Custom CB antenna mount I just bought. are they junk too? just curious because I was contemplating on buying a PSC hood louver but might hold out now if there is going to be similar fitment issues.

2011 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
- 3.5" Rubicon Express lift /w 1.25" BL
- 5.38 Yukon gears
- 40" Pro Comp MT2's
- Lot's of extra's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode