Dealership in W. Bountiful, Utah! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 12-12-2014, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Dealership in W. Bountiful, Utah!

I have a 2012 JKU. I received a recall notice a year ago about the transmission coolant line can come in contact with something else and cause lose of fluid etc.

Long story short, multiple calls and multiple times of being put on a "list" for the required parts and multiple times of calling back and not even being on the list. I finally got my Jeep in the shop today. Which only happened because I just received a messaged phone call about it and gave me a toll free number to call to schedule it and told that rep the problem. She got the dealership on the line and magically they had the part in stock, but no explanation as to why they didn't call me like they promised to 2 1/2 weeks ago!

So at this point I'm already a little pissed! Well I get a call about the Jeep fully expected it to be that its ready to pick up, which it was, but also that they couldn't do the recall because they couldn't safely work on my Jeep because it was too big! They even talked with their manager about it and they have to remove the tires to work on it and they can't do that safely.

Really? So every time I work on it I'm doing it unsafely? Jeep sits on a 6" lift and 40 inch tires. Of course had they fixed it last year when I got the recall to begin with it was only a 4" lift and 37's. Looks like I get to go rip someone a new A$$hole when I go pick it up.

2012 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon Gecko Green!
6" longarm, 40" tires, 4:88's Synergy inner/outer sleeves, trussed, c's and hvy duty ball joints,Tom Woods DS f/r, Bush Whacker Flat Fenders.
RSE Rear Bumper, Smitty Stinger front.

Last edited by ShizNizy; 12-12-2014 at 03:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-12-2014, 03:07 PM
CalmerThanYouAre

I wouldn't reap (cut or gather) assholes I would rip some assholes.
On a serious note that sucks you've had such poor service and good luck with the ripping.

I support the military, fiscal responsibility, Hemp, legalization of Marijuana over 21, smaller government and the Bill of Rights.

NSA: The only part of the government that actually listens.
post #3 of 9 Old 12-12-2014, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sin52 View Post
I wouldn't reap (cut or gather) assholes I would rip some assholes.
On a serious note that sucks you've had such poor service and good luck with the ripping.
I really should type when I'm pissed as I usually make a lot of mistakes Yes, no reaping A$$holes for me.

Going to pick it up in an hour. If the service manager is no good I'll take it to the sales manager and let him know as I have purchased 3 brand new Jeeps from them in the last 14 years, plus my dad bought a van and so did my brother. So he might understand the value of keeping me happy.

6" longarm, 40" tires, 4:88's Synergy inner/outer sleeves, trussed, c's and hvy duty ball joints,Tom Woods DS f/r, Bush Whacker Flat Fenders.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 12-12-2014, 03:24 PM
Rock God

not sure if you have any warranty left or not but if you did they probably red flagged it in the system as well. 6" lift and 40" tires probably caused someone to have a stroke.
post #5 of 9 Old 12-12-2014, 05:07 PM
Rock God

The dealership should know this is not an acceptable way to treat the original DILF of JKO.
post #6 of 9 Old 12-12-2014, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavallini03 View Post
The dealership should know this is not an acceptable way to treat the original DILF of JKO.
The one and only! All I can say is I've been called worse

So I went to pick it up and of course talked to the manager, who happened to have 2 mechanics in her office at the time. I explained that had it been done a year ago when it should have been it would have had smaller tires and a smaller lift. She then claimed they didn't have the parts, which is nice but I would have never gotten them anyways as they kept losing my on the "list"

I told her I didn't see what the problem was as I've had a lot of work done on it and everyone else was able to safely work on it on a lift. She asked the mechanics and it basically came down to its hard to take the tires off since they are so big. Nothing about it being "unsafe" they were just lazy. So now I get to take it back in on Wednesday so they can do their job!

I better take some Vagisil for the mechanics just in case it flairs up again and they try to get out of it.

post #7 of 9 Old 12-13-2014, 06:51 AM
Rock God

just ask for the parts. Not like it is rocket science otherwise I would not let the dealership do it anyway lol. I would be there when they put your wheels back on so they don't use the impact wrench to tq the lug nuts to 150ft/lbs
post #8 of 9 Old 12-13-2014, 07:54 AM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

You know the mechs are going to do some "prework" so that something else will go wrong in a few days or weeks. I think I would have said fuck it and gone to another stealership and let Chrysler know about the lazy fuckers.
Attached Images

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved ©2015

Last edited by RubiCajun; 12-13-2014 at 08:16 AM.
post #9 of 9 Old 12-13-2014, 08:15 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavallini03 View Post
This is why I have been screaming from the mountain top since the inception of the annual JKO DILFiest Daddy contest that the winner should get a laminated card that verifies their pedigree. This whole issue would have been snuffed out if the OP had official credentials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnb2010 View Post
As BSack would probably say, the rewards of doing for others while seeking nothing makes one rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep Momma View Post
Had to google this...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode