Rancho Shocktober = Bendover - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 12-09-2014, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Rancho Shocktober = Bendover

Anyone else get screwed by Tenneco? I needed some new shocks and decided on Rancho RS9000XL's for the Rubicon while they had their buy 3 get one free offer. 4WP had the Rancho rebate offer linked to their site so I printed it out at the time of order. 2 days later 4 shocks show up, i cut off the box tops of each showing the part numbers and UPC codes along with my original 4Wheel Parts receipt and fill out their rebate form.

A few weeks later i get an email from Tenneco saying that my receipt was not up their standards and now will not qualify for their rebate. Now i know why they call it shocktober, becuase imagine your shock when you realize you just got screwed by Tenneco? Instead of Shocktober they should have called it Fuktober. Other than an original receipt of purchase from one of their approved parts suppliers, how else could one show a more definitive proof of purchase listing their own shocks? 4 wheel parts did their job. I did my job. Tenneco's time to buck up.

It's a good thing their engineering department is better than their marketing department. The shocks are awesome and have an insane range of adjustment. I would have paid the full amount and still been happy. It's the principle of advertising a rebate and then screwing you out of it like this that pisses me off. Am i the only one?

Last edited by earfixr; 12-09-2014 at 05:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 12-09-2014, 04:54 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Rancho should pop in here and help you out. I have a contact there that I'll make aware of your thread too.

Sorry that happened!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 22 Old 12-09-2014, 06:15 PM
JKowners Vendor

Garage

PM me your e-mail address. I will want all your info, receipts, copies of what you have etc.
Also what the letter stated. Sometimes a company may use a internal # and it doesn't work with ours at the clearing house.
If you want just e-mail me supportat (@)gorancho.com

Was it a PO Box by chance?
I will do my best. Matt

And thanks Marcus. When we met up I owe you a beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earfixr View Post
Anyone else get screwed by Tenneco? I needed some new shocks and decided on Rancho RS9000XL's for the Rubicon while they had their buy 3 get one free offer. 4WP had the Rancho rebate offer linked to their site so I printed it out at the time of order. 2 days later 4 shocks show up, i cut off the box tops of each showing the part numbers and UPC codes along with my original 4Wheel Parts receipt and fill out their rebate form.

A few weeks later i get an email from Tenneco saying that my receipt was not up their standards and now will not qualify for their rebate. Now i know why they call it shocktober, becuase imagine your shock when you realize you just got screwed by Tenneco? Instead of Shocktober they should have called it Fuktober. Other than an original receipt of purchase from one of their approved parts suppliers, how else could one show a more definitive proof of purchase listing their own shocks? 4 wheel parts did their job. I did my job. Tenneco's time to buck up.

It's a good thing their engineering department is better than their marketing department. The shocks are awesome and have an insane range of adjustment. I would have paid the full amount and still been happy. It's the principle of advertising a rebate and then screwing you out of it like this that pisses me off. Am i the only one?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 12-09-2014, 06:32 PM
CalmerThanYouAre

's To a quick response from a supporting vendor. OP, I hope it works out.

I support the military, fiscal responsibility, Hemp, legalization of Marijuana over 21, smaller government and the Bill of Rights.

NSA: The only part of the government that actually listens.
post #5 of 22 Old 12-09-2014, 06:36 PM
Rock God

Fuck any vendor that pulls that kind of shit...they hope for a certain amount of people to not want to deal with the hassle of fighting for their refund. Total bullshit, you'll never see a Rancho product on my junk. Just my .02 worth.

2014 JKUR, 3.5" X Factor RK lift, 40" Nitto Trail Grappler's, RIPP supercharger and UD60s.
post #6 of 22 Old 12-09-2014, 06:53 PM
JKowners Vendor

Garage

Thanks, I have a really high success rate on resolving these issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sin52 View Post
's To a quick response from a supporting vendor. OP, I hope it works out.
Cool. Glad I was able to help.
PS We aren't "pulling anything", we hire a clearinghouse to do this. This is where we come in to help clear up any issues.It is good to know people. Not that hard actually. One e-mail from another vendor who cares and I will do my best to fix this. Don't give up so quickly, unless you want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch79 View Post
Fuck any vendor that pulls that kind of shit...they hope for a certain amount of people to not want to deal with the hassle of fighting for their refund. Total bullshit, you'll never see a Rancho product on my junk. Just my .02 worth.

post #7 of 22 Old 12-09-2014, 06:58 PM
Rock God

OP shouldn't have to post on a forum to get his rebate IMO...IF he sent in correct paperwork as he says then he should have gotten his refund. Clearinghouse or not, all I saw when he posted was RANCHO...not XYZ clearinghouse.

On a different note: great job on your part for helping OP get what he deserves (if he followed correct protocol).

2014 JKUR, 3.5" X Factor RK lift, 40" Nitto Trail Grappler's, RIPP supercharger and UD60s.

Last edited by stretch79; 12-09-2014 at 07:01 PM.
post #8 of 22 Old 12-09-2014, 07:05 PM
JKowners Vendor

Garage
Wink

Mistakes happen and they get fixed....
Stay posted and you will see the outcome.
The clearinghouse processes 1000 and 1000's of these and the denial rate is really low.
Common reasons:
PO Box, rebates don't get shipped to them by law.
The receipt has an internal part number that doesn't jive with our real P/N
The clearinghouse makes a mistake.
Info is missing...

I deal with about a dozen or so of these every go around, and all but one was approved. The one not approved, the individual mailed in after the time frame... still our fault in his mind,

Thanks Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch79 View Post
OP shouldn't have to post on a forum to get his rebate IMO...IF he sent in correct paperwork as he says then he should have gotten his refund. Clearinghouse or not, all I saw when he posted was RANCHO...not XYZ clearinghouse.

post #9 of 22 Old 12-09-2014, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

All corporations screw up. It's how they handle it that makes one better than the rest. Let's see how this plays out. The fast response is a good sign but i won't get excited until the rebate arrives.
post #10 of 22 Old 12-09-2014, 08:46 PM
Granite Guru

Rancho-
Nice to see vendors help a customer on a one to one even if it is through a forum. Seems to me that forums are a good avenue of contact between customers and vendors. Keep up the good service.

earfixr-
Im sure Rancho will get you handled properly, they are the ones paying the clearing house to deal with the rebates. They can just tell them to do it I would imagine. Given all the rules were followed according to the rebate of course. They are a huge company with the resources to keep you happy and coming back with more of your hard earned money. Also thank you for being tactful in your OP.
post #11 of 22 Old 12-10-2014, 01:48 PM
JKowners Vendor

Garage
Talking

Ball is rolling on this.
The OP received a receipt with out P/N's on it, something we require.
We reached out to the retailer (Not RCO) and they were able to provide us a receipt with the P/N's on it. This has been resubmitted.

post #12 of 22 Old 12-10-2014, 02:42 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Everyone's mad at Rancho and the retailer that sold the shocks is the one who actually dropped the ball.

All it took was one email and a mention here on JKO and it's likely fixed. Why the pitch forks for Rancho? Matt jumped in here to fix it immediately and after hours last night. Give them some credit for trying.

post #13 of 22 Old 12-10-2014, 02:49 PM
JKowners Vendor

Garage
Wink

Thanks earfixer (and Marcus too) for working with me on this.
To me it's not done until earfixer gets this in a few weeks, but he should be good to go and he now has a copy of his receipt with the P/N's on it just in case he needs to take advantage of our Limited Lifetime Warranty.

earfixer reach out to me if you have anymore questions.

post #14 of 22 Old 12-11-2014, 09:53 AM
JKO Addict!

Looks like I found what kind of shocks I'm buying in the future.

08 2 door (yes they made them) 3.5 RK lift, 35s lunchbox locked 30 front 44 LSD rear

Ocala Jeep Club CERT member. Nation's 1st jeep CERT team

Proud to be deplorable

post #15 of 22 Old 12-11-2014, 10:16 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

I almost went with Rancho because of their presence on here and overall reputation. Fox won because of some of their features and build quality, but I might give Rancho a try when I need replacements. It would be nice to have some of the adjustability of the 9K's. Plus, this type of customer service helps. Thanks for jumping in Matt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #16 of 22 Old 12-11-2014, 10:41 AM
Rock God

Kudos to Rancho for stepping up to fix an issue that was not their fault. This is what good customer service looks like.

I have jeeps. I do shit to them.
post #17 of 22 Old 12-11-2014, 02:02 PM
Rock God

yea I would say that Rancho is pretty great in the customer service department. A while back I had a complaint about my 7000's at the urging of Greg or matt one or the other, I called Rancho and got a new set shipped right out.

Last edited by Jadmt; 12-12-2014 at 09:59 AM.
post #18 of 22 Old 12-11-2014, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Weird, i just got an email from Tenneco saying the Rancho rebate should be here within 2-3 weeks and thanking me for participating in Shocktober! Irony abounds. Matt has his shit together. Thanks to Marcus for passing this on to his peeps. Thanks to Rancho for stepping up and saving the day. Like i said, every company can screw up, and mine is no exception, but its HOW their screw ups get handled that makes one company better than the rest. Rancho stepped up and proved themself a top tier player. I vote with my money and will vote for team Rancho again when i can if they bring this kind of service to the table. Well played Matt. I'd even add Rancho stickers to my already obnoxiously festooned jeep. Cheers.

Last edited by earfixr; 12-11-2014 at 06:09 PM.
post #19 of 22 Old 12-12-2014, 09:11 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
Everyone's mad at Rancho and the retailer that sold the shocks is the one who actually dropped the ball.

All it took was one email and a mention here on JKO and it's likely fixed. Why the pitch forks for Rancho? Matt jumped in here to fix it immediately and after hours last night. Give them some credit for trying.
As Marcus can tell you, I bought the Rancho 9000XL and missed the summer rebate by literally 2 days. I was pretty disappointed but it was me not having the funds at the time. I still love my Ranchos and their adjust-ability.

At the same time, I've also had a major issue with 4WP mounting all my MTRs inverted. Not here to bash at all on them, just here to say that people make mistakes. It happens. Don't go pushing pitchforks until the issue can't be resolved. As always, I'll always buy from Marcus. Good guy who looks out for YOU first and foremost. He's got close a grand from me in the last month in steering components and will continue to get my business.

2002 TJ, Silver, caged, 35 Trepadors-Sold
1998 TJ, Red, caged, 33 MTZs-Sold
2007 JKU-Rescue, Lifted, Locked, 35 Km2s

Matthew 9:37
post #20 of 22 Old 12-12-2014, 09:53 AM
Rock God

Garage

reminds me of when i got new progressive rate rear, and front gas shocks on my atv from motosport

glad to see the company helping out!

"Gremlin"
Nothing in my jeep is sacred, except my jelly beans and apple liquorice. Don't touch those...
post #21 of 22 Old 12-19-2014, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Rebate arrived today. Good save. Rancho faith resorted 100%
post #22 of 22 Old 12-19-2014, 05:13 PM
JKowners Vendor

Garage

Thanks Marcus for reaching out to me.
Thanks Doc for working with me.
Merry Christmas all.
I am around next week, but on a lighter schedule. Honestly gearing up for KOH on the DynoMax side.
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by earfixr View Post
Rebate arrived today. Good save. Rancho faith resorted 100%

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode