Advanced Adapters Customer Service - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 10-27-2014, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Advanced Adapters Customer Service

I received my Atlas 4 Transfer Case from Advanced Adapters back in January of this year. When I received my order, it was the last part of a build that I had been working on for over a year. A build which included Dynatrac PR60/80 axles, King IBP Coilovers, Rock Krawler Long Arm’s, and of course the Atlas 4.

When I received the Transfer Case, I inspected the box from the shipper, but since there was no visible damage, I didn’t think there would be any issues with the transfer case itself. I did not know that I needed to open the box, open the transfer case, drain the fluid, and try to identify what parts were broken, so that Advanced Adapters would stand behind their product.

The box remained unopened until the shop was ready to install the transfer case at the end of July. I did not know it at the time. But they had identified that both shift rails were cracked upon installation. The shop immediately notified Advanced Adapters that the shift rails were broken and asked how they should proceed. Advanced Adapters decision was to send parts to the shop for them to make the repairs, as opposed to sending the whole transfer case back for warranty service.

I asked the shop what Advanced Adapters was going to do to fix this problem and was told that they were sending out parts for the repair. As Advanced Adapters did not want to repair the transfer case themselves. I ended up spending $650.00 out of my pocket, for the shop to repair the transfer case themselves.

At this point, I reached out to the Sales Manager, Steve Roberts, to see what Advanced Adapters was willing to do to rectify the situation. I emailed Steve 3 different times over the course of 3 weeks before I finally got a response back from him. It was obvious to me at this point, that they were just trying to blow me off in hopes that it would just go away.

After another 2 weeks and another email asking why he still hadn’t responded, I was informed by Steve that Advanced Adapters would not be paying for the cost of the repairs. He said that I had 30 days to identify there was an issue and outside of that time period, it was no longer their responsibility.

This build had taken me over a year to save up enough money and compile parts before it was finally ready to go into the shop. Along the way, a number of issues have come up with other companies. All of which were handled professionally offline to stand behind their product and make sure what was sold had no issues.

This has not been the case with Advanced Adapters. I have had to fight to get them to even respond to any of my communications. Beyond that, they are using a policy that only serves to protect them from taking any responsibility for sending out broken products. Nothing to help do what is right by their paying customers.

Advanced Adapters is not going to do anything to cover the $650.00 I had to pay to fix their transfer case. I post this so that others will not be burnt by their lack of customer service in standing behind their products that they sell you.
Attached Images

Last edited by Descent; 11-02-2014 at 03:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 10-27-2014, 10:21 PM
Granite Guru

That sucks, especially since it is pretty easy to tell you never installed it. I had the same worry on my motor. By the time I turned it on, I was outside warranty.

Sad to see this with a company that deals exclusively offroad.

07 JKU, 14 bolt rear/ Teraflex 60 front, Tera Long Arm, King Coilovers, 40" MT/R-Ks, Antirock etc. 430HP LS3 engine swap. Cage and 14 bolt swap thread-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 Old 10-27-2014, 11:19 PM
Granite Guru

One of my next "big" purchases is more than likely going to be an Atlas product of some breed.

This is honestly the first case I have seen during my research that has an unhappy ending.

I feel you are talking to the wrong people at the company.
Send a tactful certified letter to the man in charge.
Looks as if Mike Partridge is your man.

Mike Partridge
4320 Aerotech Center way
Paso Robles, California

The last person you talked to is on "the 3rd level from the top". Only in the 3rd spot above the K9s...
http://www.advanceadapters.com/employees.php

Seriously CERTIFIED LETTER!!!

Last edited by Stangbuster; 10-27-2014 at 11:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 10-28-2014, 11:57 AM
JKO Addict!

I haven't had the pleasure of fixing a t-case yet but 650 in labor?

post #5 of 16 Old 10-28-2014, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangbuster View Post
One of my next "big" purchases is more than likely going to be an Atlas product of some breed.

This is honestly the first case I have seen during my research that has an unhappy ending.

I feel you are talking to the wrong people at the company.
Send a tactful certified letter to the man in charge.
Looks as if Mike Partridge is your man.

Mike Partridge
4320 Aerotech Center way
Paso Robles, California

The last person you talked to is on "the 3rd level from the top". Only in the 3rd spot above the K9s...
http://www.advanceadapters.com/employees.php

Seriously CERTIFIED LETTER!!!

That's pretty funny about the dogs, but your right, probably not the guy I should be talking to. But he was the name given to me, by the shop, to follow up with.

Will take your recommendation and see if that helps, thanks
post #6 of 16 Old 10-28-2014, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
I haven't had the pleasure of fixing a t-case yet but 650 in labor?
From what I was told...

"You have to take the entire thing apart to swap the rails"

Took them over just over a day to take the whole thing apart, replace the rails, and put it back together again.

Probably why Advanced didn't want to do the work in the first place.
post #7 of 16 Old 10-29-2014, 01:00 PM
JKO Addict!

Advanced Adapters Customer Service

I had an early Atlas II in my YJ, installed new Spring of '02. From day one it had an internal rattle, like too much end play on one of the shafts, etc. Stiff shifting, too, which didn't improve. At the '03 EJS I stopped at their booth and mentioned all this. Young guy came out & looked at the rig, the installation, etc., rode with me & heard the rattle. I demo'd the shift quality, which he confirmed. He agreed it wasn't right, took my 411's and said he'd be back with me the next week. It's been 11 years of crickets.....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

'09 JKRU. 4" Teraflex long arm, Teraflex R44 housing, Teraflex / Fox Resis, Poly Performance skids, Nemesis Billy Rockers, Nemesis flares, 37" ATZ P3s on 17" 5x5.5" Trailready HDs, Spyntec hubs, Teraflex BBK, Mopar BBK master/booster, Superior front & Alloy USA rear axle shafts, CTMs, Reids, Synergy drag link & tie rod, WTOR hydro-boosted steering, 5.38s, TF Dual Rate front bar, TF bumpers, Warn Powerplant, Tom Woods shafts, AA xfer case cable, Kilby canister relo, RH4x4 cage.
post #8 of 16 Old 10-30-2014, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoK66 View Post
I had an early Atlas II in my YJ, installed new Spring of '02. From day one it had an internal rattle, like too much end play on one of the shafts, etc. Stiff shifting, too, which didn't improve. At the '03 EJS I stopped at their booth and mentioned all this. Young guy came out & looked at the rig, the installation, etc., rode with me & heard the rattle. I demo'd the shift quality, which he confirmed. He agreed it wasn't right, took my 411's and said he'd be back with me the next week. It's been 11 years of crickets.....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yeah, they were all kinds of helpful to make the sell, but after that nothing.

I could work past that they sent me a broken transfer case, if they at least backed up their product with some kind of support
post #9 of 16 Old 10-30-2014, 03:13 PM
Rock God

Never been around an atlas before but considering the beatings these things take on competition rigs etc etc...how exactly did both shift rails get broken in shipping? That sounds a little fishy.

2014 JKUR, 3.5" X Factor RK lift, 40" Nitto Trail Grappler's, RIPP supercharger and UD60s.
post #10 of 16 Old 10-30-2014, 03:40 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch79 View Post
Never been around an atlas before but considering the beatings these things take on competition rigs etc etc...how exactly did both shift rails get broken in shipping? That sounds a little fishy.
Its a common problem on the forums. Mine is installed but not hooked up. If you bomb their facebook page around 1700 hours you usally will get a good response .

Texas Complete Truck Center
5670 S Interstate 35
New Braunfels, Texas
(210) 412-6379

post #11 of 16 Old 10-30-2014, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch79 View Post
Really don't think it happened during shipping.

There was no damage to the box when it arrived.

Would have had to happen on their end, before it was shipped.

But again, there would have been no way to tell unless you drained the case and opened it up.

Last edited by Descent; 10-31-2014 at 02:09 PM.
post #12 of 16 Old 10-31-2014, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave View Post
Its a common problem on the forums. Mine is installed but not hooked up. If you bomb their facebook page around 1700 hours you usally will get a good response .
Wish I had heard that this was an on going issue before.

But I am getting beyond the point of even hoping they will respond and do the right thing.

Its now more about letting others know what kind of company they are dealing with, so that they don't get burnt too.

Last edited by Descent; 10-31-2014 at 08:48 PM.
post #13 of 16 Old 11-02-2014, 06:07 PM
Granite Guru

Sounds like I just need a Rubi case. No coustomer service, none of my money!
post #14 of 16 Old 11-04-2014, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Jeep View Post
Sounds like I just need a Rubi case. No coustomer service, none of my money!
Totally agree, wish I would have gone with the Rubi case as well.

In addition to the customer service issues,

I'm just not finding I need the additional gearing or the separate front and rear shifters.

Save a shit ton of money and the PITA of trying to deal with Advanced.
post #15 of 16 Old 12-06-2014, 12:49 PM
Wheeler

I was debating about two weeks ago if I was going to get a Rubi case or the Atlas. Went with the Rubi and glad I did after reading this thread.
post #16 of 16 Old 12-08-2014, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by H8MUD View Post
I was debating about two weeks ago if I was going to get a Rubi case or the Atlas. Went with the Rubi and glad I did after reading this thread.
Agree, better off to save the 4K and invest it elsewhere.

Add to that... Its still not shifting into Low/Low.

Will need to get it back to the shop to see what they can do to with it.

Last edited by Descent; 12-13-2014 at 01:49 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode