Crawler Conceptz - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 Old 10-23-2014, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Crawler Conceptz

I'm writing this to find out if others have had a similar experience and in hopes that Shad will do things differently. I bought the standard width flares in steel. I called and paid for them shortly after they were offered as "ready to ship". After 3 weeks of waiting for them to ship they did ship and arrived quickly after they were sent. I received 4 flares and a bag of bolts. The following week I recieved the brackets that go along with the flares. No instructions no explanations no paperwork at all. I also recieved the flares just like the pictures where they were advertised as prototype and would include plates to keep mud and debris out. Mine did not include these. I have spent an additional $400 to prime and rhino line the underside of mine. Paint is going to be an additional $400. These are going to be $2000 flares by the time they are done. I really like the rocker panels but don't want to go thru the same thing. Maybe it's more of a buyer beware but I think for the money they should include what they said they would and instructions would have been nice. I can probably figure it all out but position of nutzerts and drill size would be nice. I think if I had to do it again I'd go a different route. Shad is a very nice guy and is putting out parts quickly but I think they should be completed before they are put into production. Funny how small things make the difference. I see a lot of people ask about crawler Conceptz light bar and which lights will fit. They post any light bar 51.5". Why not spend a few minutes and research it and say this light brand X will fit so will these. You'd probably sell more mounts. I know some of this is growing pains of a new company but have other people had the same experience with Crawler Conceptz?
[email protected] likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 10-23-2014, 07:31 PM
JKO Addict!

I'm sure these will help.

http://poisonspyder.com/assets/insta...REFRONT-JK.pdf

2012 Jeep Wrangler - Gecko
3.5" Rock Krawler X Factor
40x13.5 Nitto Mud Grapplers / 17" Fuel Hostage
Poison Spyder Brawler Lite / Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers
Poison Spyder RockBrawler w/ Tire Carrier

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
and yet... canada still sucks worse

we'd make fun of your prime minister if we could... unfortunately nobody's ever heard of him!
post #3 of 37 Old 10-23-2014, 08:52 PM
Granite Guru

Just my 2 cents, but you could have done it for about $50 max yourself. I sanded down, rust prime and color match bed liner an M 100 trailer for $300, $400 for flares is a rip off.

As for the light bar, there is 100's of light bars out there and all have different specs. Most mounts will work with most 50" light bars. Don't be shy to do some homework yourself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 Old 10-24-2014, 06:58 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacabb View Post
I was thinking the same thing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 37 Old 10-24-2014, 09:46 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
I was thinking the same thing
post #6 of 37 Old 10-24-2014, 09:59 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
That made me chuckle...

2008 JKU Rubicon. 2.5" Rock Krawler Stock Mod lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-windows, 5:13 gears, Uconnect Microphone mod, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Skid Row Evap Can Skid, and a Rugged Ridge Front Skid. Solid Diff Covers front and rear. Rock Slide Engineering Sliders.
post #7 of 37 Old 10-24-2014, 12:15 PM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

Quote:
zing !

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
post #8 of 37 Old 10-24-2014, 01:10 PM
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Cod

So.... they come in and answer the one question in that thread but completely ignore you...... al thou you purchased their fenders.....

Win Customer Service??

^^See what I did there!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
We liked you better when we didn't know you. If you just fucked off we could go back to not giving a shit about you.
post #9 of 37 Old 10-24-2014, 02:00 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdork View Post
I'm writing this to find out if others have had a similar experience and in hopes that Shad will do things differently. I bought the standard width flares in steel. I called and paid for them shortly after they were offered as "ready to ship". After 3 weeks of waiting for them to ship they did ship and arrived quickly after they were sent. I received 4 flares and a bag of bolts. The following week I recieved the brackets that go along with the flares. No instructions no explanations no paperwork at all. I also recieved the flares just like the pictures where they were advertised as prototype and would include plates to keep mud and debris out. Mine did not include these. I have spent an additional $400 to prime and rhino line the underside of mine. Paint is going to be an additional $400. These are going to be $2000 flares by the time they are done. I really like the rocker panels but don't want to go thru the same thing. Maybe it's more of a buyer beware but I think for the money they should include what they said they would and instructions would have been nice. I can probably figure it all out but position of nutzerts and drill size would be nice. I think if I had to do it again I'd go a different route. Shad is a very nice guy and is putting out parts quickly but I think they should be completed before they are put into production. Funny how small things make the difference. I see a lot of people ask about crawler Conceptz light bar and which lights will fit. They post any light bar 51.5". Why not spend a few minutes and research it and say this light brand X will fit so will these. You'd probably sell more mounts. I know some of this is growing pains of a new company but have other people had the same experience with Crawler Conceptz?

Mike,
Thanks for the dirty laundry post. As you know I am super busy,and if you need something maybe a phone call or an email would have worked out for your concerns,
I am at the shop over 12 hours a day and most weekends and always answer the phone. Man I have even given my cell number to anybody that might need to get ahold of me after hours and always answer it. I Am sorry if I have missed a call or an email from you. Again we do what ever it takes to make our customers happy at any level. So mike if your not happy with the products you received from me let me know and I will even pay for the return shipping. But of course you will have to call or email me.

Thanks,
Shad
Crawler Conceptz
951-654-0136 Office
951-318-1051 Cell
[email protected]
post #10 of 37 Old 10-24-2014, 04:35 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Meh, I do agree, some instructions would be a huge plus on something like fenders, so that was a fail. I also agree with Shad, in that a phone call would have been a good start, rather than a DL thread. Smiley spyder is indifferent here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #11 of 37 Old 10-24-2014, 04:50 PM
Rock God

Instructions, missing parts, & late shipping maybe but not really, is all I heard that was legitimate? Everything else is your fault?

Cheap ass walmart piss-can bed liner would be more suitable than spending huge bucks on something that will get scratched up? No better way to scream out to everyone. "Hey I"m a dumb ass " than telling people you will end up spending $2000.00 when all said and done. Hell you could have probably powder coated cheaper than spending $400.00 for paint and primer, then additional $400.00 for paint on the top. That's all your fault and has nothing do to with complaining about what CC did.

And as far as installing the fronts, did you really need instructions to install front fenders? How hard can front fenders really be? Mine although not from a manufacture that constantly produces parts were not hard to do were no hard. No instructions, hell bolt holes were not even drilled out, or prepped. But I knew that when I got them, and it's more fun to do all that stuff anyway.

Rears sure maybe because you'll be dealing with nutserts/rivnuts, but not all that difficult. Do yourself a favor and get the rivnut tool.

When I did rivnuts, I squeezed then screwed the lever to tighten it up again then squeezed the tool, repeated until it would not go anymore. If you don't do that then they won't properly seat and will end up spinning on you. I also put contact cement around the rivnut when I put them in, just for the extra feel good.

Hope this helps you when you do them. I used the cheap harbor freight tool.

2014 JKU Rubicon, 2007 Superbee #692/1000, BMC Hooligan (my chopper yea it's a Rigid)
"There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit."
- Ronald Reagan 40th President of the United States (1981-1989)

Last edited by azoth99; 10-24-2014 at 04:54 PM.
post #12 of 37 Old 10-24-2014, 04:56 PM
Probably Stuck on my Diff

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoth99 View Post
Instructions and missing parts is all I heard that was legitimate? Everything else is your fault?

Cheap ass walmart piss can bed liner would be more suitable than spending huge bucks on something that will get scratched up? No better way to scream out to everyone. "Hey I"m a dumb ass " than telling people you will end up spending $2000.00 when all said and done. Hell you could have probably powder coated cheaper than spending $400.00 for paint and primer. That's all your fault and has nothing do to with complaining about what CC did.
OP says he payed to have the undersides coated because CC shipped out what they stated was a prototype version.. In the new product fender thread, they comment that it is a prototype version and there would be a bottom plate to keep all the shit out of the openings. So it makes sense why he did it, even if he paid a premium to do so.. I would have used duplicolor or rattle can it, but I also would have sent them back if they sent me prototypes.

More Cowbell
post #13 of 37 Old 10-24-2014, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Well to start the poison spyder instructions made me laugh. As for the post about me being a dumbass for spending the money to coat them well to each his own. As for Shad asking me to call I guess this was more to find out if you have sent other people the same thing. I have called you and spoke to you many times. The things I've wrote hear are true. You took weeks to ship the fenders then sent them without brackets then sent me the proto type flares with out covers for the underside. I see the white jeep that you posted pictures of and your red jeep all have the same flare. This would say to me that you are finished with them and no covers are coming? I like them and don't want to send them back. I still think you built a quality product. I know you are busy and I see your posts about working on the weekend. I'm not trying to bash you. I know you have a lot on your plate. Maybe I wrote this wrong, but if you say a product comes with something extra it should. You say these things are in stock ready to ship. That was stated by you but wasn't the case when I ordered mine. As of today they are still not completed and ready to ship because they are not finished. If no instructions are included maybe it should be stated as such. You and a lot of people here look at these things as a no brainier. I'm just your average scmuck, I'd like a note or two to make sure I'm on the right track. I'm not a fabricator like you, I'm your customer. I like your products maybe we just have different ideas on what a finished product is. If that's the case I'm wrong, I apologize I didn't realize that was the case.
post #14 of 37 Old 10-24-2014, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawler Conceptz View Post
Mike,
Thanks for the dirty laundry post. As you know I am super busy,and if you need something maybe a phone call or an email would have worked out for your concerns,
I am at the shop over 12 hours a day and most weekends and always answer the phone. Man I have even given my cell number to anybody that might need to get ahold of me after hours and always answer it. I Am sorry if I have missed a call or an email from you. Again we do what ever it takes to make our customers happy at any level. So mike if your not happy with the products you received from me let me know and I will even pay for the return shipping. But of course you will have to call or email me.

Thanks,
Shad
Crawler Conceptz
951-654-0136 Office
951-318-1051 Cell
[email protected]
After reading this again I wanted to say I have called you and I have spoke to you. This wasn't a thread to you it was about you. I just wanted to see if anyone else had the same experience.
post #15 of 37 Old 10-24-2014, 06:35 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Well, that was a winning response, in all seriousness. As the customer, you do have a right to bitch if it isn't what you were promised or ordered in earnest based on what was presented to entice your decision.

Shad, being busy is no excuse to even slightly flame a customer. You make quality stuff at a good price. Let me illustrate how you should have answered.

"Mike, I am truly sorry you aren't pleased, call me ASAP to discuss the options and to see if I can assist you." Simple as that, no angry face smileys, no attitude. Remember, we are all watching and taking notes around here. I almost pulled the trigger on a skinny bitch rear a few weeks ago, but there has been some lingering doubt planted in my mind over your start and this type of stuff won't help (Plus, I already have JCR steel so they won out in the end based on a couple of factors including what I just stated). Same thing with hood louvers, still on the fence, but man I refuse to deal with any company acting like selling me a product is some kind of favor. Now would be a good time to course correct and create customer service to match the design and build quality. Or, just ignore the people who have or will buy your stuff. Your choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #16 of 37 Old 10-24-2014, 06:36 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Crawler Conceptz

I sure would like to hear about the inner plates.

Quote:
These are still proto types with out the plates to block off the bottom of the fender. They are 3/16

CC, are you shipping prototypes or what?

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

Last edited by TCdawg; 10-24-2014 at 06:48 PM.
post #17 of 37 Old 10-24-2014, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
I knew some similarities would exist but never mind Shad I have the instructions now. Lol
post #18 of 37 Old 10-24-2014, 08:01 PM
Granite Guru

Front/rear bumper and evap skid no issues at all. Fast shipment and spent a few minutes with me on the phone answering my silly questions (I'm a newb to this stuff).

If my jeep didn't have flat fenders on it when I bought it I would be ordering them. If they do a cage when I'm ready for one I'll probably look into it.

Bottom line I wouldn't hesitate to buy again from Shad as my experience was nothing but above and beyond positive.
post #19 of 37 Old 10-25-2014, 03:41 AM
Rock God

wow 400 bucks just to prime and rinho line the underside and another 400 to paint ? thats crazy.. seems like install is self explanatory.. maybe not , doesn't sound like they did anything that wrong to me why didnt you call them ? that would have been the first thing i did if i was not happy with a product .

Last edited by block; 10-25-2014 at 03:45 AM.
post #20 of 37 Old 10-25-2014, 04:02 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by block View Post
wow 400 bucks just to prime and rinho line the underside and another 400 to paint ? thats crazy.. seems like install is self explanatory.. maybe not , doesn't sound like they did anything that wrong to me why didnt you call them ? that would have been the first thing i did if i was not happy with a product .
I dunno sounds like he did according to his above post. So I wonder if the op would have left out the verbage about the price of painting and rhino lining if his post would have been better accepted by some?

I tend to agree with JKCTAZ's post. lots of great companies selling jeep stuff that all basically does the same stuff.
post #21 of 37 Old 10-25-2014, 07:44 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I have called many times. The fact that Shad calls me by name on his response shows he knows exactly who this is and that we have communicated. Maybe you're right I probably should have left out the money I spent. I just felt these were and are quality products and I wanted to protect them. I'm just frustrated with the diffence of opinion that Shad and I have about what a finished product is. Wish the fenders would have included the parts he said they would that's all. Has anybody else bought these fenders? Seemed to be a lot of interest in them in the beginning. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else recieved the same thing?

Last edited by jeepdork; 10-25-2014 at 07:54 AM.
post #22 of 37 Old 10-25-2014, 08:54 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdork View Post
I have called many times. The fact that Shad calls me by name on his response shows he knows exactly who this is and that we have communicated. Maybe you're right I probably should have left out the money I spent. I just felt these were and are quality products and I wanted to protect them. I'm just frustrated with the diffence of opinion that Shad and I have about what a finished product is. Wish the fenders would have included the parts he said they would that's all. Has anybody else bought these fenders? Seemed to be a lot of interest in them in the beginning. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else recieved the same thing?
Mike,

We have spoke many times on the phone and you never commented about your displeasure with the product you received from me. I have the up most respect for all of my customers and do the best to help solve any problems that might arise on any matter. All I am saying in my post is that a simple phone call could have taken care of any issues. While yes I am super busy, I always take phone calls myself, I do believe the reason we are so crazy busy is the personal time I take with each and every one of my customers from the start to the finish. Mike if there is anything I can do for you please let me know. I am in the office all day today. Thanks Shad
post #23 of 37 Old 10-25-2014, 09:29 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Mike,

We have spoke many times on the phone and you never commented about your displeasure with the product you received from me. I have the up most respect for all of my customers and do the best to help solve any problems that might arise on any matter. All I am saying in my post is that a simple phone call could have taken care of any issues. While yes I am super busy, I always take phone calls myself, I do believe the reason we are so crazy busy is the personal time I take with each and every one of my customers from the start to the finish. Mike if there is anything I can do for you please let me know. I am in the office all day today. Thanks Shad

Still doesn't answer the question still out there.

Are you sending out front flares with the plate or are you sending out what you called a "prototype"?

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

post #24 of 37 Old 11-16-2014, 06:02 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Started the install yesterday. I have to say I'm very surprised how bad these fenders lined up. The holes were off just enough to make it a pain. The nutzerts are put in holes that are pre existing on the jp just drilled out to 17/32. They don't line up with the fender. The brackets are bent just a little too much and the last hole was off by about an 1/8". Just enough to make it a pain to re drill. The fenders do look great but install sucked. Not to mention I was shorted 12 nutzerts and 4 bolts per front fender were too short. Just what you want to do during an install run and get more bolts. Shad you never answered about these being the proto type version and if you were ever going to finish them with a cover plate like you said? The fit on these fenders is TERRIBLE! Parts missing and mounting brackets bent wrong and holes that don't line up. Not a win on this one guys sorry.

Last edited by jeepdork; 11-16-2014 at 06:12 AM.
post #25 of 37 Old 05-27-2017, 03:17 PM
Wheeler

Shad, you make great products but may need to create a management structure/ chain of command and the duties for the jobs. shop manager will help delegate your concern and what is expected on to your shop department leads from them the daily tasks of productivity will be conveyed to the shop associates to complete the tasks to produce the final products and finishing. Quality assurance, customers services, package/ shipping. Extras given in packages and web site give a ways(t-shirts,decals,key chains and so on) will also promote/advertise your company. Going from a small one off shop to a major brand name company is a very overwhelming venture to say the least. Structure will get you in the direction you want to go and customers service will always get you what you need in the end $$$$ and reputation + respect of your peers. With that said I have purchased front/ rear bumpers and rock slider armor from your company. I think they are the best but I have never received any instructions for any of the products I bought of yours and that is a VERY big deal!!! When I have to go search for installations from other sources to put them on it for lack of a better word is BULLSHIT !!!! Get your Shot together or lose a very promising venture.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk
LeJerk likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode