Worst arm rests ever! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old 06-07-2008, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Worst arm rests ever!

The only thing that really bugs me about my JK is that the arm rests are really poorly designed. They are too low, too narrow and never fail to make my arm go numb. This goes for the arm rest on the doors and on the center console. I bought one of those "Armrestler" things that goes into the door in the window slot. That thing is a POS, too. Anyone running one of those Misch arm rests? It looks like it too would be in a bad place and too low.

It's a minor complaint, but I think they could have designed the door pannel better.

You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer - Frank Zappa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 06-07-2008, 03:30 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to WTF_LOL

I agree with you. When I first got my jeep it was one of my biggest complaints on the interior. I was really uncomfortable and I was going to get some aftermarket arem rests.

But, then suddenly somewhere along the line I got used to it and I am actually comfortable now and it dosn't bother me. not sure what changed though, lol
post #3 of 29 Old 06-07-2008, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Well, I have 5K on it now. Sure hope the change comes soon!

You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer - Frank Zappa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 Old 06-07-2008, 06:25 PM

Could add this to the worst accessories thread...as far as arm rests go, I've been eyeing the Quadratec ones...only issue I have is with the logo...
post #5 of 29 Old 06-07-2008, 06:36 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcM View Post
The only thing that really bugs me about my JK is that the arm rests are really poorly designed. They are too low, too narrow and never fail to make my arm go numb. This goes for the arm rest on the doors and on the center console. I bought one of those "Armrestler" things that goes into the door in the window slot. That thing is a POS, too. Anyone running one of those Misch arm rests? It looks like it too would be in a bad place and too low.

It's a minor complaint, but I think they could have designed the door pannel better.
I use thje Quadratec center console arm rest, but movewd it foroward about 2" works great....I also use the Misch but put a 3/4" spacer on my side to raise it up....perfect for me...
[IMG]I use thje Quadratec center console arm rest, but moved it foroward about 2"....I also use[/IMG]

Jim,
USMC 0311 - 1811 RVN (Dec 67 - Aug 69) DAV, DMZ "Leatherneck square"((To All The "November Charlie Foxtrot's" that think they know)) You Are Clueless
G27 , G26, & G22-C
post #6 of 29 Old 06-07-2008, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I would like to try the Misch arm rests, but that is a lot of money to blow if I dont like them. I did not know that they could be raised, so that makes them a little worth another look. Do they come with the spacers or do I need to supply my own? The pad for the center console looks like it would be worth the money, though I am not crazy about the Quadrotech logo on there either. It's not a deal breaker, though. Isnt there another maker of a pad that has no markings? I seem to remember one somewhere.

post #7 of 29 Old 06-07-2008, 09:11 PM
Granite Guru

my problem with the arm rests is its just not long enough, I end up keeping my window down and driving with my right hand because thats the only comfortable way...

'07 Stone White X 2-Dr

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"
post #8 of 29 Old 06-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Banned

I just don't put my doors on anymore. lol

I think a nice tube door will solve my issue
post #9 of 29 Old 06-07-2008, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I do the same thing when I am driving around town. Windows down, arm out, drive with right hand. Unfortunately, 85% of my driving is on the freeway to and from work. I would really like to get some factory 1/2 doors and run a bikini top. Even though it gets hotter than hell here in the summer, I would run that way until it started getting cold again. Those doors look like they would be comfortable.

post #10 of 29 Old 06-07-2008, 09:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Those doors look like they would be comfortable.

I can vouch that they are indeed comfortable. I had the pleasure of riding in AlecW's Jeep. I am sure you have seen some pics of it on here. It is a very nice rig. He has the half doors. They are the perfect height and a nice smooth surface to lay your arm on.

If it wasn't for the zip out windows I would have gotten some. I always like to have my window down when I drive. Maybe I am weird that way but even having it cracked feels better to me. I would be driven nuts having the plastic window hanging inside...
post #11 of 29 Old 06-07-2008, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I am with you there. I would have seriously considered the 1/2 doors if they were like the ones I had on my Defender. It had a top half that bolted on and back/forth sliding windows. 1/2 doors like that and a hard top would be the ultimate set up for me. Best of both worlds.

post #12 of 29 Old 06-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
I am with you there. I would have seriously considered the 1/2 doors if they were like the ones I had on my Defender. It had a top half that bolted on and back/forth sliding windows. 1/2 doors like that and a hard top would be the ultimate set up for me. Best of both worlds.
I hear Bestop has sliding windows for the half doors in the works...
post #13 of 29 Old 06-08-2008, 09:37 AM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF_LOL View Post
I hear Bestop has sliding windows for the half doors in the works...
I hear that too...but they have more functional and more wanted accessories that need to be manufactured first, like the Humjob hood applique, and their retractable side steps, and their overpriced and goofy bumpers (all the rage...haven't seen one yet on any modified JK from Norfolk to Raleigh to Richmond to Bangor
post #14 of 29 Old 06-08-2008, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Best Top lost a lot of credibility with me when they came out with that fake hood vent. What a waste of time, money and petroleum. I am leery of buying one of their bikini tops for my JK because I have heard that the design is not very good. If they want to be thought of as a serious company for off road stuff, they should worry more about function than looks. Especially if it is a part that has no purpose other than to "look cool."

post #15 of 29 Old 06-09-2008, 04:23 AM

Same here...I don't trust them anymore...the only thing that can fix 'em is for the company to file bankruptcy, and let someone who knows what Jeepers want to take over and start from scratch...the company was great around 2001, but has gone down hill since...worse yet, they have completely dropped the ball when it comes to the JK...clueless, to say the least.
post #16 of 29 Old 06-25-2008, 12:09 PM
Rock God

Garage

Wait, you're telling me there are arm rests in the wrangler?

I've yet to find any! I just roll my window down and put my arm on the sill.

Although, I have found that since I keep my seat up pretty high (like to see the looks on the faces of small animals and children before I run them over =) the window sill seems to work for my elbow w/ the window up.

!c
post #17 of 29 Old 06-25-2008, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I use my window sill when it is not too damn hot. I try not to get all sweaty before I get to work, so the AC is on.

post #18 of 29 Old 06-25-2008, 11:57 PM
Rock God

YOU FAIRIES!!!! Its a jeep not a Cadillac!! Haha...

Lifted by
, JKS DC's, Skid Row Protected,
ProComp 7105, Kevlar MTR's,
Switchblade rear, Red Rock Fab stinger etc...

post #19 of 29 Old 06-26-2008, 03:12 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

You sure know how to hurt a guy!

post #20 of 29 Old 06-26-2008, 04:25 AM
Rock God

Quote:
I would like to try the Misch arm rests, but that is a lot of money to blow if I dont like them. I did not know that they could be raised, so that makes them a little worth another look. Do they come with the spacers or do I need to supply my own? The pad for the center console looks like it would be worth the money, though I am not crazy about the Quadrotech logo on there either. It's not a deal breaker, though. Isnt there another maker of a pad that has no markings? I seem to remember one somewhere.
I have the Misch armrests. They work OK, a lot better than what's in there already. I have, however, found out the logo in them irritates the crap out of my elbow, lots of sharp edges. I am in the process of having them covered (and making them bigger), I'll post up some pics when they're done.

/jl

Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
post #21 of 29 Old 06-26-2008, 04:25 AM
Rock God

Just don't show up on the trail with fuzzy pink dice hanging from the mirror and all is good...

's to all

Lifted by
, JKS DC's, Skid Row Protected,
ProComp 7105, Kevlar MTR's,
Switchblade rear, Red Rock Fab stinger etc...

post #22 of 29 Old 06-26-2008, 05:04 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

If it means a beer, I'll put the dice in the glovebox.

post #23 of 29 Old 06-26-2008, 09:58 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by airric00 View Post
Just don't show up on the trail with fuzzy pink dice hanging from the mirror and all is good...

's to all
Already have the dice and dingo balls (green and purple), but they (armrests) will be covered in grey vinyl that matches, both in color and contour, my Tuffy console pad.

/jl

Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
post #24 of 29 Old 07-11-2008, 02:39 PM
Rock God

Quote:

If you can use the armrest on the door you must be between 4-5 feet tall? Just get a booster seat and use the window.

jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler
post #25 of 29 Old 07-11-2008, 02:46 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustoff '68 View Post
...I've been eyeing the Quadratec ones...only issue I have is with the logo...
http://www.tellico4x4.com/product_in...ducts_id/32311
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode