AGR Performance - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 09-12-2014, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

AGR Performance

This real is my first time flaming a company. I ordered a steering gear box and pump back in July. The charge went through on the 15th of July. I was told 4 weeks to build the gear box and pump. I under stand company's get back logged and said ok. Called to get a status report on 8/8/14, was told it would be about another week till the gear box would be done and was not sure at that time if the pump was done? Called again on 8/21/14 (twice) was told on the first call that there was a leak at where the welder welded the box (by the way the welding is subbed out). And they would have to get another box from the welder and it would be another two weeks. So, the second call I asked if there was anyway to expedite my order that I have been unable to drive my JK since July 12. And my son is going back to school and I would not have his cherokee to use anymore. At this time I was told once it comes back from the welder it is set out to a machine shop for machining. This brings us to 9/8/14 (three calls this time), come to find out that it had been sent to the machine shop but the machinist was on vacation. And it "should" be ready to ship on 9/18/14. At this point well you guessed it, I'm pissed. It's getting cold and rainy here in Kansas right now and I'm having to dual sport it! Second call talked to the office manager about a refund being I had waited so long and was not able to wait any longer. She told me she could not do a refund till Friday 9/12/14. I explained that I need the money back on my card to purchase the parts from another vendor so I could get my ride up and going after waiting so long. Nothing she could do about it. I said "more of the good customer service". And asked to speak to someone higher up than her. She said there was no one. I said "there's no president or owner". Her response they will just direct you back to me. At this point she said she is ending this conversation, and hung up on me. Final call, I ask wait needs to be done to get my refund. And she said a email to her. I sent a email to her and sent a BCC to my wife. My wife received the email. As of 10:00 pm. I called my Visa company to see if any refunds are pending (NOPE). Also no response from AGR regarding my email. Resent it again tonight. So, after all this I went through PSC had all my parts in three days. Should have just setup at first and I would have been able to enjoy the second half of the summer in the JK.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 09-12-2014, 09:43 PM
Random Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchusky View Post
This real is my first time flaming a company. I ordered a steering gear box and pump back in July. The charge went through on the 15th of July. I was told 4 weeks to build the gear box and pump. I under stand company's get back logged and said ok. Called to get a status report on 8/8/14, was told it would be about another week till the gear box would be done and was not sure at that time if the pump was done? Called again on 8/21/14 (twice) was told on the first call that there was a leak at where the welder welded the box (by the way the welding is subbed out). And they would have to get another box from the welder and it would be another two weeks. So, the second call I asked if there was anyway to expedite my order that I have been unable to drive my JK since July 12. And my son is going back to school and I would not have his cherokee to use anymore. At this time I was told once it comes back from the welder it is set out to a machine shop for machining. This brings us to 9/8/14 (three calls this time), come to find out that it had been sent to the machine shop but the machinist was on vacation. And it "should" be ready to ship on 9/18/14. At this point well you guessed it, I'm pissed. It's getting cold and rainy here in Kansas right now and I'm having to dual sport it! Second call talked to the office manager about a refund being I had waited so long and was not able to wait any longer. She told me she could not do a refund till Friday 9/12/14. I explained that I need the money back on my card to purchase the parts from another vendor so I could get my ride up and going after waiting so long. Nothing she could do about it. I said "more of the good customer service". And asked to speak to someone higher up than her. She said there was no one. I said "there's no president or owner". Her response they will just direct you back to me. At this point she said she is ending this conversation, and hung up on me. Final call, I ask wait needs to be done to get my refund. And she said a email to her. I sent a email to her and sent a BCC to my wife. My wife received the email. As of 10:00 pm. I called my Visa company to see if any refunds are pending (NOPE). Also no response from AGR regarding my email. Resent it again tonight. So, after all this I went through PSC had all my parts in three days. Should have just setup at first and I would have been able to enjoy the second half of the summer in the JK.
  1. Bummer. Sorry to hear that.
  2. That is unacceptable. Fuck those guys.
  3. Consider using paragraphs. That shit's handy.
  4. This should "probably" be in Dirty Laundry IBTM

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
-The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Random crap you might find useful

Last edited by ExWrench; 09-12-2014 at 09:53 PM.
post #3 of 24 Old 09-12-2014, 11:53 PM
Granite Guru

Wall of text - did not read.

ďI didn't have time to write a short letter, so I wrote a long one instead.Ē - Mark Twain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 Old 09-13-2014, 05:19 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Well, you've just made my choice of AGR vs PSC much, MUCH easier. I'll be guying PSC... or maybe Redneck Ram.

I'd say call your bank or whoever your card is through. Do a dispute on the charges. It'll take a month or two to get your coin back, but... you'll get it, or get your product.

Either way, thanks for sharing.

07 Unlimited Rubicon Rescue Green
37 IROKS, 5.38 Gears, 6Spd, 3.5" lift Poison Spyder front bumper, 8k XRC winch, Smittybilt Atlas rear bumper, Poison Spyder fender flares, Rigid Fog lights, Superchips tuner, Hydro assist, HID projector headlights, HD/custom tie rod & drag link, sound system, custom tree damage.
post #5 of 24 Old 09-13-2014, 03:19 PM
Rock God

wow! that sucks. so far i've had great customer service with them. the high flow steering pump came damaged and one of the mounting bolts shattered when i tried to mount it. I called them and they provided me a choice in getting a replacement steering pump within the week or wait 2-3 weeks for an aluminum one. i am giving them till end of the month for the new one.
post #6 of 24 Old 09-13-2014, 08:22 PM
Granite Guru

We had the same issue with AGR. However, whenever we bought parts that are made in house from even the biggest companies, they never delivered on time.

08 JKUR 6.5" lift, 40" MTR's ...
post #7 of 24 Old 09-16-2014, 06:11 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Update as of 9-16-14;

I sent another email saying that I did not get a refund on my Visa as of Friday 9-12-14 as I was told I would. Called Monday 9-15-14 and was told by Wendy that she had a emergency and had to leave late morning Friday. And she would get it done today (Monday). As of this morning Tuesday 9-16-14 no refund.

I went to the Better Business Bureau to start a complaint about them and found 7 other complaints. Hear is one that sounds way to familiar:

7/29/2014 Problems with Product/Service
6/27/2014 Problems with Product/Service | Read Complaint Details
6/27/2014 Billing/Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details
X
Additional Notes
Complaint: There are several problems with this company: 1.) I made a purchase on 3/7/14 for parts in the amount of $1185.00. 2.) Called around 4/1/14 to get an update, they were unsure. 3.) Called on 4/24/14 to cancel the request and get a full refund. We continue to call back each week, I still have not received my refund. 4.) When we call, we are told its a bad time and then we are hung up on. 5.) The receptionist Wendy told us to please cuss at her so she could hang up. Per the company policy, they can only hang up if they are cussed at. 6.) My office manager, ***** called today on 5/20/14 and asked to speak with ******* manager, was transferred to Larry, who then told her his phone is ringing off the hook and its a bad time and hung up the phone. This company owes us a refund and is treating people horrible. Please help us. We have called over 30 times to resolve this issue.

Desired Settlement: Total refund of $1185.00

BBB's Final Determination: Business failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.
post #8 of 24 Old 09-16-2014, 06:46 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Wow... I had an AGR gear box and pump in my CJ... that thing worked great...

sounds like the customer service is shitting the bed of a good product.

How I LEARNED TO STOP GIVING A SHIT AND LOVE MINDLESS SELF INDULGENCE

Itís time to reevaluate the way we coddle the future generation. Making mistakes and getting hurt is how you grow. Teaching kids to fear Pop Tarts is how you promote xenophobia. Letís get it together, America.
post #9 of 24 Old 09-16-2014, 08:18 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I have an AGR ram that I bought used a few months ago, works fine. Called AGR to ask a tech question on a Friday...Tech guy was out, call on Monday. Called on Monday, tech guy is busy, call back after lunch. Called back after lunch, got the tech guy and he answered my questions sufficiently. Was not a huge deal but apparently they only have one tech guy.

I'll be damned if I would send them any money after hearing about the recent order issues though.

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 24 Old 09-16-2014, 12:45 PM
Granite Guru

send them a link to this thread - not as a "fuck you" but more of a "youre losing business because you won't do the right thing." if they don't do anything then just deal with visa alone.
post #11 of 24 Old 09-16-2014, 01:34 PM
Rock God

Garage

Damn, and here I was thinking that they would be a cost effective alternative to PSC... sounds like they aren't worth the hassle.

2011 Sahara Tan 2dr Rubicon
Rock Krawler Stock Mod w/ Fox Evolution 2.0's - 36 X 12.5 X 15" Interco TSL's on Black Steel wheels - Rock Krawler track bars front and back - Poison Spyder Customs BFH front bumper w/ Brawler bar - Warn HS9500i winch w/ synthetic rope - Trail Head Deflators - Viair 440P Compressor Instagram: jeepethan
post #12 of 24 Old 09-17-2014, 05:39 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Door View Post
Damn, and here I was thinking that they would be a cost effective alternative to PSC... sounds like they aren't worth the hassle.
There is. They are called West Texas Offroad...

I have jeeps. I do shit to them.
post #13 of 24 Old 09-17-2014, 06:16 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgall View Post
And they do a killer job for a very reasonable price. They just rebuilt my steering box and supplied some hoses and I am very happy with their work. They make PSC's prices look silly

TC

post #14 of 24 Old 09-17-2014, 02:08 PM
Granite Guru

I'm another one that was looking at them. I have heard that the product (at least in the past) was excellent and that the pumps have seemed to fair better than PSC's. I was also interested in their JK extreme box that is braced.

Well, looks like I'll be dealing with West Texas when the time comes.
post #15 of 24 Old 09-17-2014, 03:15 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgall View Post
But for me, if I need to look at the steering in that degree it's cause something coughed on me. Unfortunately, having an '11, I also have the China box... So sending my broken garbage to them probably wouldn't get me very far. I was under the impression that they only did rebuilding/port and tapping But I just looked at their site and they do offer a complete package with replacement parts.

2011 Sahara Tan 2dr Rubicon
Rock Krawler Stock Mod w/ Fox Evolution 2.0's - 36 X 12.5 X 15" Interco TSL's on Black Steel wheels - Rock Krawler track bars front and back - Poison Spyder Customs BFH front bumper w/ Brawler bar - Warn HS9500i winch w/ synthetic rope - Trail Head Deflators - Viair 440P Compressor Instagram: jeepethan
post #16 of 24 Old 10-18-2014, 08:25 AM
JKO Addict!

About 10 years ago I bought an AGR box & pump for my YJ. The box's sector shaft lower bearing was so sloppy I could shake it side to side, etc. Called AGR, they wanted me to pay for the replacement box, to be credited when they got the return. No sweat, send me the replacement box.

Few days later there it was. Swapped them out, sent the first one back. About a week later there was a credit on my card for the return....but they'd never charged me for the second one. I figured a free steering box was due after all the bullshit I went through. In fairness the system worked fine, best near-free upgrade on the Jeep.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

'09 JKRU. 4" Teraflex long arm, Teraflex R44 housing, Teraflex / Fox Resis, Poly Performance skids, Nemesis Billy Rockers, Nemesis flares, 37" ATZ P3s on 17" 5x5.5" Trailready HDs, Spyntec hubs, Teraflex BBK, Mopar BBK master/booster, Superior front & Alloy USA rear axle shafts, CTMs, Reids, Synergy drag link & tie rod, WTOR hydro-boosted steering, 5.38s, TF Dual Rate front bar, TF bumpers, Warn Powerplant, Tom Woods shafts, AA xfer case cable, Kilby canister relo, RH4x4 cage.
post #17 of 24 Old 11-20-2014, 08:14 PM

Too bad AGR let this go and did not resolve it with you. I'm doing research right now and found AGR and no doubt, I will go with PSC now. Havent found any issues with them, they are slightly more expensive but not much.

Hope you get your money.
post #18 of 24 Old 02-11-2015, 06:45 PM
Wheeler

I ordered the jk box in October and still waiting. I ordered from 4wp so maybe it'll be easier for the refund. I like the beefiness of the supported box and Its design but this is rediculius. Good thing I'm not in a hurry.
post #19 of 24 Old 03-06-2015, 06:25 AM
JKO Addict!

I tried AGR and waited a few months. Never got my kit. I went with PSC and I'm glad I spent the extra money. better box and pump and the kit is complete. It's an apples and oranges comparison to WTO. I'm sure their stuff is fine, but it's not the same.

08 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon: lift, wheels/tires, bumpers, skids, sliders, winch, lights, cb. All the normal stuff, plus some.......
Build thread:

post #20 of 24 Old 12-10-2015, 06:24 PM

Looking for advice for my new and buggerd AGR box

I ordered my steering box in June 2015 for my 2007 JK. It finally arrived this week, December! Upon installation it was found that the inlet port was tapped incorrectly. FIne instead of coarse thread. AGR tech support, initially would not believe that could happen, mind you. So, we re-tapped on their advice, which worked out okay. But, on driving it has more play than the OEM box we just removed that had 170,000 km on it about half of that with 35" ProComp tires. Not impressed. I tried tighting the adjusting screw. That didn't help at all! Other than sending it back, any advice?
post #21 of 24 Old 12-10-2015, 07:01 PM
Rock God

Garage

Just curious if you went with agr over wto or psc for any particular reason, given that this thread highlights what seems to be standard operating procedure.
...and welcome to jko.
post #22 of 24 Old 12-11-2015, 11:37 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coilrod View Post
Just curious if you went with agr over wto or psc for any particular reason, given that this thread highlights what seems to be standard operating procedure.
...and welcome to jko.
Given that he is a new member this month...he probably didn't find this thread until after his 6 month wait on AGR stuff.

TC

post #23 of 24 Old 12-11-2015, 11:56 AM
Rock God

Garage

@TCdawg, I had never heard of AGR until I saw this thread, but the op had. I did some online sleuthing before I went with PSC, still missed some good info that might have had me try WTO.
I am not critisising or disparaging the op, just wondering what led to the decision to go with AGR.
post #24 of 24 Old 12-14-2015, 11:38 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coilrod View Post
just wondering what led to the decision to go with AGR.

I would be interested to hear that too just out of curiosity.

TC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode