Another Chrysler dealer does me wrong... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 12-22-2009, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Another Chrysler dealer does me wrong...

I took my Jeep to the dealer today to have the heater looked at since it doesnt blow hot air from the drivers side vents. The dealer called me 5 hours later and said that they couldnt figure out what was causing the problem but if I wanted to bring the Jeep back next week they would tear the whole dash apart to find the issue but they would need to keep it for a few days. I said I would have to think about it. (I have NEVER had a positive experience with a Chrysler dealer and I hate leaving my jeep with them). So I start driving home and I push on the center dash plastic to adjust the heater and it moved in about 2 inches! When I got home I removed the center plasic from the dash and immediatly noticed that the reason it was not secured was because the dealer lost 3 of the metal retaining clips back on the center dash plastic! Then I noticed that they removed my cigarette lighter from the dash(I dont know why) and while doing so they broke the plastic tits that held it in place! The cigarette outlet fell out of the dash when I removed it. Next issue was the temp control knob. They must have attempted to adjust it because now I can only turn it half way to the cold side! I am officially done with Chrysler and will never go back! Ive been burnt too many times! Every time Ive been to the dealer they have broken more things than they have fixed! How can they be so incompetent?
Anyone know how to adjust the temp control knob?
I saw a fellew JKO jeep while I was at the dealership, a silver 4 door with JKO stickers at Family Chrysler Jeep in Chadds Ford PA. Anyone?

I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made this country free
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 12-22-2009, 05:20 PM
Granite Guru

i'd at least make them fix the damage before cutting their line...

'69 CJ (sold)
'96 stroked XJ (sold)
'81 Toy Flatbed-d-ded
'09 Rubi Unlimited
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 23 Old 12-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohana fab View Post
i'd at least make them fix the damage before cutting their line...
X2....but then be prepared to take it back in again so that they can repair the damage that they will cause while repairing this damage. Wow....it really is a vicious circle huh?

Sorry to hear that they did such a lousy job.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 Old 12-22-2009, 05:47 PM
Rock God

A coworker of mine has his Dodge Diesel at dealer for warranty work, they said it was a bad injector and would fix under warranty no prob.. he had the air cleaner off looking at it before he took it in and he told the dealer he would put it back together to drive it to them and they said don't worry about, he only lives a few miles away and that would be one less thing for them to have to take off. Long story short....they are trying not to warranty it because he drove it with air cleaner off!

HANG ON TIGHT...I SAW THIS IN A CARTOON ONCE...I THINK I CAN DO IT!!
08 4 DOOR, FLAME RED, 3" SKYJACKER LIFT, 325/70-17 NITTO TERRA GRAPPLERS, MOTO METAL 951 WHEELS, RANCHO REAR BUMPER/TIRE CARRIER,DAYSTAR HOOD WRANGLERS, RAINGLER GRIPS, MOPAR SLUSH MATS
post #5 of 23 Old 12-22-2009, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I would love to be able to take the Jeep back to the dealer and have them fix what they broke but I honestly dont think that they would perform the work to my satisfaction. I have had about 12 bad experieces with 4 different dealers and I'v had enough. Screw thier lifetime warranty, I'm going to have to do all of my own work from now on.

I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made this country free
post #6 of 23 Old 01-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Rock God

That dealership, and others, have nothing to do with "Chrysler". They are a privately owned franchisee who sells and supposedly repairs Chrylser products. If you have an issued with a dealership speak (nicely) to your Chrysler rep. I have never had a problem with any Chrysler dealership let alone a Jeep dealer. You could start with the service manager and work your way up if necessary.

Colorado Mountains = Land of Mountain Trails

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13

'08 JK Sahara, Jeep Green, BFG MT's, Pro Comp 4" Lift, Smittybuilt XRC8 Winch, Olympic BOA front & Olympic Defender rear bumpers, Olympic A/T Slider Rails, Spidertrax Spacers, SeatGlover Seat Covers, Bestop TrekTop, Husky Mats, Midland 75-822 CB, Magellan Maestro 3250.
post #7 of 23 Old 01-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDERED67 View Post
I would love to be able to take the Jeep back to the dealer and have them fix what they broke but I honestly dont think that they would perform the work to my satisfaction. I have had about 12 bad experieces with 4 different dealers and I'v had enough. Screw thier lifetime warranty, I'm going to have to do all of my own work from now on.
Not to be a dick or anything...

Are you walking through the door with a bad attitude?

How can that many dealers all not preform the work that is needed to be preformed properly?

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #8 of 23 Old 01-01-2010, 10:04 PM
Wheeler

I have had no issues with my JK yet, but I had my commander into the dealer twice after I had it stuck in a 4 foot mud puddle after a flood where they replaced the rear main seal due to an oil leak and then about three weeks later when they rebuilt the whole rear axle due to a loud whiny noise. My experiences have been positive, and every time was fast and warranty work.
post #9 of 23 Old 01-01-2010, 10:06 PM
JKO Addict!

I would go in and show the manager what they broke and how they tried to pass it off as fine. Then ask them to order you the parts they would use to fix it and tell them you want to fix it yourself you just want the parts and you'll be on your way.

Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
-Doc Holiday
Why are you highlighting my sig? You Bastard!
post #10 of 23 Old 01-02-2010, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I realize that dealerships are private owned franchises but they are representitives of the product that they are selling. A Chrysler dealership that sells and fixes Chrysler products has everything to do with Chrysler. (I really dont know who actually owns Chrysler now but I'm just using the name, maybe my beef should be with Fiat, The Government etc.)

I am the most courteous and polite customer that they could ever hope for. I wait my turn in line and yes sir no sir the whole time that they are lying to my face. I am extremely protective of my vehicles and I tend to notice mistakes that would most likely be overlooked by the average person.

Talking to the service manager doesnt work. Been down that road before. The last time I asked to talk to the service manager he yelled at me in front of the waiting room crowd. He told me before I came in that he would have a loaner car for me and about 45 min after I got to the dealer enterprise showed up with my "loaner" car that was actually a rental car that I was supposed to foot the bill for. Boy I was pissed. I took 4 hours out of my day to wait around and talk to the owner of the dealership overt that experience(Not just because of the rental car but because of the service manager yelling at me and the problems with the jeep).

It all started with an oil change,
spilled oil on my belt,
sanded belt down to threads to stop the squeaking,
put the new belt on incorrectly(came off as I was driving),
somehow this messed up the water pump bearings,
new water pump bearings,
somehow they scratched the cowling where the windshield wipers attach,
ordered new cowling,
while replacing cowling they stripped the paint around the bolts on the new one,
ordered new cowling with new bolts and nylon washers,
went to have cowling put on and service manager yelled at me....

post #11 of 23 Old 01-02-2010, 03:30 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddandshari'sjk View Post
A coworker of mine has his Dodge Diesel at dealer for warranty work, they said it was a bad injector and would fix under warranty no prob.. he had the air cleaner off looking at it before he took it in and he told the dealer he would put it back together to drive it to them and they said don't worry about, he only lives a few miles away and that would be one less thing for them to have to take off. Long story short....they are trying not to warranty it because he drove it with air cleaner off!
this stuff is a great example of what we dont expect from a dealer.
thats just insane. It seems like all the really sincere/great dealers were shut down leaving the morons open. Chrysler/Fiat, get this stuff straightened out!
post #12 of 23 Old 01-02-2010, 04:55 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage View Post
this stuff is a great example of what we dont expect from a dealer.
thats just insane. It seems like all the really sincere/great dealers were shut down leaving the morons open. Chrysler/Fiat, get this stuff straightened out!
I really think thats a general statement about dealers, Kind of Like me saying people that own Vw's are hippies and tree huggers etc

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #13 of 23 Old 01-02-2010, 05:10 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post
I really think thats a general statement about dealers, Kind of Like me saying people that own Vw's are hippies and tree huggers etc

Jason
you mean they are not???

wtf...
post #14 of 23 Old 01-02-2010, 06:14 PM
Rock God

Quote:

Jason
I dont think so. Ive heard alot of members complain about how their trusted dealership shut down now its a drive x miles to the nearest dealer who sucks.
When I bought my 03 rubicon, i had the best dealer you have ever seen. Of course they got shut down and the barely mod friendly dealer is all thats left. I didnt say all dealers were terrible, but it seems like a good amount do their best to deny warranty work.
post #15 of 23 Old 01-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Rock God

I finally found a good mechanic/dealership and it takes time. It's really worth the effort to find one because mine is actually willing to bring me under the jeep and show me everything he thinks is wrong or not wrong. He has saved me a ton of money and has even put a stock rubi that is brand new to show me the differences and explain things.

jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler, jk-forum.com, jeepforum, jk-board.com, wayoflife, 2007 jk, 2008 jk, 2009 jk, 2010 jk, jk, jk wrangler
Quote:
Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.[/SIZE][/B]
post #16 of 23 Old 01-03-2010, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

A customer friendly dealership that has a reputation of being honest and performing reliable work would be awesome. Ive tried finding such a dealership but I've already been through the ones in my area with no luck. Any suggestions in the South Eastern PA, DE, Southern New Jersey areas? Perhaps this warrants a new thread... HMMMM...

post #17 of 23 Old 01-03-2010, 09:07 AM
Wheeler

I have had some small problems with my Jeep dealer, but they were simple mistakes and they took care of it.

The service manager is a guy I see around town and he is a nice guy. The service writers are nice guys who alway take time to talk when you are waiting for service to be finished. The parts guys work at the dealership and at the CarQuest, so they give me shit when I buy stuff at CarQuest. Plus the mechanics are also friendly, and let me look around under the Rubi when they are doing oil change for broken stuff.

So maybe I am lucky because I found real people at my dealership.

Rescue Green Rubicon
1.75 inch Daystar Lift
Evap Canister Skid
Elec Brake Controler
BlackHawk CB
Smittybilt Winch
Mopar Bumper
Currie E-Z Deflator
Tailgate Rack by Bestop
Harbor Freight Air Pump
8000lb hand winch
48 inch farmer jack

Need to find wheeling time.

Been to MOAB it is now my favorite place on Earth
post #18 of 23 Old 01-03-2010, 09:45 AM
Rock God

my dealer let me install my lift in their bay with their tools! (free)
I also helped my salesman install a body lift on his YJ, the owner had dana 60's under his Jeep. Those were the days...
post #19 of 23 Old 01-03-2010, 01:11 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RonGilbert View Post
you mean they are not???

wtf...
LOL.....I owned sveral Vw's and I am far from a Hippy and a Treehugger!

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #20 of 23 Old 01-04-2010, 10:40 AM
JKO Addict!

99.999% of dealerships are stocked with window lickers.... FACT

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
post #21 of 23 Old 01-04-2010, 11:37 AM
JKO Addict!

Originally Posted by RIDERED67

Quote:
Not to be a dick or anything...
Are you walking through the door with a bad attitude?
How can that many dealers all not preform the work that is needed to be preformed properly?

Jason

A Good attitude will always prevail in life's dealings, including chrysler service centers. Unfortunately poor chrysler service craftsmanship is becoming an epidemic here in the U.S. Hopefully that will improve with time and not enough good things can be said about those dealerships performing well.

You questioned how so many dealerships are not performing properly and although you may not be in a career position rendering access to nationwide dealership performance statistics, perhaps some simple research within your chrysler reach or internet research would provide you an answer to the excessive poor chrysler service craftsmanship mystery.

Last edited by SASQUATCH; 01-05-2010 at 05:34 AM.
post #22 of 23 Old 01-13-2010, 08:29 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I understand that dealerships are private franchises. I just find it odd that all 3 Chrysler dealerships I have dealt with have been the worst service and most incompetent employees I have ever seen. I run a business too and buy a lot of vehicles, I am also a very nice guy and initially treat everyone I meet with respect. So I don't buy that Chrysler's dealer's bad customer service is my fault (blaming the customer for bad service is a sign of a very poorly managed company).

I know there are some great Chrysler dealerships out there (like Airpark), but in talking to literally hundreds of Jeep owners and finding that they get horrible service from their dealers leads me to believe that the majority of Chrysler dealers suck.

Chrysler's reputation for customer service is legendarily bad, even among die-hard Jeepers. I honestly don't think that Chrysler's vehicles are any worse in the quality department than many other makers, but the level of service that their dealers provide are the cause of that reputation. Eg; Toyota has a great reputation for quality even though my 2 Toyotas are no more reliable than my Jeep. But when I go to ANY Toyota dealership, I can expect top notch service and repairs completed fast by very competent mechanics. Talk to Toyota owners and the majority of them have had small quality issues with their vehicles (just like Jeeps), but the service they received to fix the problem overshadows the fact that the vehicle had an issue.

Even most of the folks on Ford forums like their dealers, and make the bad ones known.

My neighbor blew the engine on her Honda. The dealer treated her like a princess and she won't ever buy anything but Hondas from now on - even though the engine blew up on her car. If that happened on my Jeep my dealer would try to blame me, treat me like shit if I disagree, and never fix the problem right.

My point being, even though dealerships are privately owned franchises, it seems like other vehicle manufactures hold the franchises to much higher standards than Chrysler does. I know for a fact that the Workers and mechanics at Toyota are trained BY Toyota, with a heavy emphasis on customer service. A company's reputation is only as good as the service the customer receives, and obviously overall, Chrysler has a deserved bad reputation because of this.

No disrespect to Airpark (which seems to be the exception to the rule), but If Chrysler ever sold the Jeep brand, I would never set foot in one of their dealerships again.
post #23 of 23 Old 01-14-2010, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
No disrespect to Airpark (which seems to be the exception to the rule), but If Chrysler ever sold the Jeep brand, I would never set foot in one of their dealerships again.
I've always wondered what the Jeep wrangler would be right now if Toyota had bought the brand back in the day when it was changing hands. I know that a foreign auto maker owning an American icon would have been pretty dang unpatriotic but I bet Toyota could make a top that doesnt leak!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode