local dealer. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 Old 12-02-2009, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Thumbs down local dealer.

so to continue my story from this post...

got my oil changed and tires rotated for a decent price, while i was there i asked if they could adjust my ebrake, check my overflowing gas issue and see if they could install the hex rivets for the subwoofer.

first they wrote off the gas tank issue cause it wasnt the correct year having the issue.

second they have no idea what part the hex rivets are. the service people wrote "customer will obtain parts" when they never mentioned it to me. so i goto the parts department and the guy was helpful, but neither of us could find the parts on the online catalog.

so along with everything i asked them to do, they do their normal 32 point, see how much more money we can take from you while youre bent over, courtesy check.

they told me my front brakes were at i think 30% and could make it to the next oil change. the rears were at 5%. they told me it would be $290 for each axle to change the pads and asked if i wanted the service done. i declined.

they then said that since ive obviously been off roading and im at 18.5k that i should change the diff oil. even though at my last visit, they said it was not needed. so they offered the bargain price of $149 for each diff.

im assuming those quotes are with labor, but it wouldnt surprise me if it was not.

the above is most likely irrelevant.
jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler, abendx is my hero, project-jk, jeep JK, JK wrangler, JK, JKO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 12-02-2009, 01:29 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

$300 for rear pads huh?
what a bargain!

Hmm, you can get replacement pads for $20 and it takes about 10-15 min a side to do it yourself, yeah $300 bones sounds about right.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
post #3 of 30 Old 12-02-2009, 01:34 PM
Rock God

Garage

I was in a similar situation too... They told me I need a "Fuel System service" and to replace tcase and dif fluids.

tcase: $140
rear diff: $135
front diff: $135
Fuel System service: $139

Total: $549.00

I declined.

Joe -
-
-
-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 Old 12-02-2009, 01:42 PM
Rock God

Garage

wow i guess i got lucky at airpark jeep here...
$70 per diff and they repainted the pumpkin from where the paint had chipped off, and they even changed my t-case fluid and realigned my front axle

I understand the Jeep thing
post #5 of 30 Old 12-02-2009, 01:51 PM
Rock God

Garage

my dealership wanted 180 an axel for diff.. i did it myself and will continue to do it myself

2008 BLACK Unlimited Sahara
Poly Performance 3"on 35" Xterrains and 15" Soft 8s, Front Pro Rock 44, FLW Front Prerunner, FLW Rear Bumper, FLW Rock Sliders, River Raider Gen2 Snorkel, Superior 5.13s,
and

post #6 of 30 Old 12-02-2009, 01:56 PM
JKO Addict!

I wouldnt take my Jeep to the stealership for anything!

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
post #7 of 30 Old 12-02-2009, 02:02 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK Inferno View Post
wow i guess i got lucky at airpark jeep here...
$70 per diff and they repainted the pumpkin from where the paint had chipped off, and they even changed my t-case fluid and realigned my front axle
Yes we offer "Jeep club pricing" on everything from new/used Jeeps to parts and service. Thanks Adam!

I think those prices are inline to what dealers charge. I would recomend changing the diff fluid at 12K, thats from me a Jeeper.....

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #8 of 30 Old 12-02-2009, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post
Yes we offer "Jeep club pricing" on everything from new/used Jeeps to parts and service. Thanks Adam!

I think those prices are inline to what dealers charge. I would recomend changing the diff fluid at 12K, thats from me a Jeeper.....

Jason
would you please send some representatives down to the tampa area?

i would appreciate it.

the above is most likely irrelevant.
jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler, abendx is my hero, project-jk, jeep JK, JK wrangler, JK, JKO
post #9 of 30 Old 12-02-2009, 03:25 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyfl View Post
would you please send some representatives down to the tampa area?

i would appreciate it.
Sorry, it has taken me years to get the dealer on board and to where we are. However for a small fee I can do consulting work and get any dealer to Airpark status in 6 months!

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #10 of 30 Old 12-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:

Jason

Hows that workin out for "Dealers".

Those prices are fucking ridiculous.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #11 of 30 Old 12-02-2009, 03:33 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post

Hows that workin out for "Dealers".

Those prices are fucking ridiculous.
When people are willing to pay the price the price does not decrease right?

I do mine at my house $35-40 gets the job done per axle. I sometimes pay when I do not want to get dirty, however then I just pay what I charge my Jeep club members.

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #12 of 30 Old 12-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
I can do consulting work and get any dealer to Airpark status in 6 months!
Gawd......I wish!
post #13 of 30 Old 12-02-2009, 03:43 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Gawd......I wish!
I guess 6 months is optimistic, some of these people working at these stores are stuborn and unwilling to change. I would charge 6months-1yr to get everyone on board. Great potentional revenue in parts,sales and service. I can move away for 1 yr $75K thats my price.

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #14 of 30 Old 12-02-2009, 03:45 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:

I do mine at my house $35-40 gets the job done per axle. I sometimes pay when I do not want to get dirty, however then I just pay what I charge my Jeep club members.

Jason
So just how many C/P diff oil changes do you think the service department is doing for $270.00?

Not digging you or Airpark personally, just the dealers line of thought on this.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #15 of 30 Old 12-02-2009, 03:53 PM
JKO Addict!

the delaers line of thought is $$$ and fuck the customer.... I say fuck the dealer! buy used, don't pay for "lifetime" anything, and do your own work!

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
post #16 of 30 Old 12-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Rock God

Quote:
So just how many C/P diff oil changes do you think the service department is doing for $270.00?

Not digging you or Airpark personally, just the dealers line of thought on this.
I think he is referring to what Airpark charges.
I too work at a dealer and we are about the same as Airpark.
Most dealers in the Phoenix area price shop dealers as well as independent repair shop and chain stores.

'09 4dr Rubi Detonator Yellow
35x12.5x17 BFG KM2s they SUCK!
Rugged Ridge XHD bumper Warn 9.5ti
3.5 Mid arm Rock Krawler
Finally 5.13s
post #17 of 30 Old 12-02-2009, 04:00 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by owtdorz View Post
Most dealers in the Phoenix area price shop dealers as well as independent repair shop and chain stores.
Wow.

I am gonna have to do some checking around locally...

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #18 of 30 Old 12-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:

Jason
Why does it cost you $35 - $40/ axle?

RTV: $9.00
Dif Oil: $8/qt x 3 (more like 2.5 with the d30)

Total: $33

... and that does both axles in my JK.

Joe -
-
-
-
post #19 of 30 Old 12-02-2009, 04:24 PM
JKO Addict!

You misspelled stealer

Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
-Doc Holiday
Why are you highlighting my sig? You Bastard!
post #20 of 30 Old 12-02-2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:

Jason

Not to be a troll, but my experience with airpark has been less than stellar. The first time I went there, both problems ended up happening again, one of which was subcontracted for the repair, so i HAVE TO go back to airpark to get it fixed right. I am a big fan of second chances, so who should I talk to for good service in the ironically named service dept.?
post #21 of 30 Old 12-02-2009, 11:24 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsandstr View Post
Not to be a troll, but my experience with airpark has been less than stellar. The first time I went there, both problems ended up happening again, one of which was subcontracted for the repair, so i HAVE TO go back to airpark to get it fixed right. I am a big fan of second chances, so who should I talk to for good service in the ironically named service dept.?
My service writer is Paul Guthart, give him a call 480 556 7400

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #22 of 30 Old 12-02-2009, 11:27 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmaverse View Post
Why does it cost you $35 - $40/ axle?

RTV: $9.00
Dif Oil: $8/qt x 3 (more like 2.5 with the d30)

Total: $33

... and that does both axles in my JK.
I only run Synthetic in the rear axle, and the axle on the TJ holds 2 qrts, not sure about the JK since I do not own or work on them. I also do not use a whole tube of RTV on the axle.

My front axle is from a Rubicon and there is a quick drain and the rear I have to take the cover off....it sucks.

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #23 of 30 Old 12-02-2009, 11:29 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:

The prices the OP posted seemed in line for what a dealer charges to do that type of service, I can check what we charge and I am certain it is competitive with other AZ Jeep Dealers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenAmphibious View Post
the delaers line of thought is $$$ and fuck the customer.... I say fuck the dealer! buy used, don't pay for "lifetime" anything, and do your own work!
I agree, we are still in a free market for a few more months.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by owtdorz View Post
AMEN

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #24 of 30 Old 12-03-2009, 04:18 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
I agree, we are still in a free market for a few more months.......
we need Obama now!

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
post #25 of 30 Old 12-03-2009, 06:14 AM
Rock God

I've written off my dealer. The service manager that I used to work with is gone. Hell, after my hemi swap, I guess my "warranty" is all gone anyway. My JK hasn't been back to the dealer since I got it aligned at about 7K miles.

I "thought" I might take it in a few days ago to let them replace the ball joints/tie rods but after hearing how long they'd need to keep the Jeep I said, "no thanks." I can see it now. Everyone and their goddamn mother would be pawing all over my chit. No thanks. This is why I do it myself. I know it's done right and I have the knowledge to fix it on the trail if it breaks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode