JEEPERMAN - R.I.P.? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 10-01-2007, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Send a message via AIM to jocrazy0
JEEPERMAN - R.I.P.?

On that forum which must not be named a RedRock4x4 said that Jeeperman was closing it's doors. I guess I waited too long for the initial order crush to settle, apparently Jeeperman was crushed by the orders. Is the rumor of their demise exaggerated or true? Anyone heard?

2007 Rubicon, Graystone, Auto, Dual, Power, Tow,GENTEX autodim mirror,COOL TECH antenna mount&exhaust,CIBIE,HELLA TPMS,AEM CAI, Fuel Door, Grab Handles,Tuffy,Thule,Olympic,HESCO Supercharger, HID, RR XHD FB w/stinger,DRAKE hoodlatch with locks
1972 C104 Commando - Bone stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 10-02-2007, 09:22 AM
Broker by the Minute

Garage

I read on RubiconOwnersForum that they seem to have gone away. I didn't read all the rumored details but did not that it was sad news especially on the heals of Nth's demise. I hope this isn't a trend and the little guys can hold on and win out during this time of economic slowdown. I know my business have had 1/2 the typical amounts of sales and with the amount of foreclosures going on I don't see it getting better anytime soon.
post #3 of 21 Old 10-05-2007, 12:36 PM

Jeeperman has closed it's doors.....

If you try to look them up, it now has a disclaimer that they have indeed shut their doors but will honor remaining orders or issue refunds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 10-08-2007, 02:54 PM
JKowners Vendor

i know some guys that used to work there. they now work for a local shop that i goto all of the time. they are doing some fab work at this new shop and showed me some of there work, it looks great i am going to have them build me a rear bumper and tire carrier

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The best beer cooler in the world will always be the edge of your favorite river."
post #5 of 21 Old 10-12-2007, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by a plumber View Post
i know some guys that used to work there. they now work for a local shop that i goto all of the time. they are doing some fab work at this new shop and showed me some of there work, it looks great i am going to have them build me a rear bumper and tire carrier
Well, I hope they have a website AND they produce a similar bumper. I wanted a jeeperman rear bumper since their SEMA 2006 appearance and waited too long to order it. Opportunities missed. Having a receiver hitch AND an opening for a rear winch along with all the other accessories made it the Swiss Army Knife of rear bumpers. (And I am aware of all the issues jeeperman had with manufacturing and shipping. That is why I waited. I figured they'd get their act together especially with the demand. But business acumen was sorely missing. Just another great idea/product, poor execution business story.)

2007 Rubicon, Graystone, Auto, Dual, Power, Tow,GENTEX autodim mirror,COOL TECH antenna mount&exhaust,CIBIE,HELLA TPMS,AEM CAI, Fuel Door, Grab Handles,Tuffy,Thule,Olympic,HESCO Supercharger, HID, RR XHD FB w/stinger,DRAKE hoodlatch with locks
post #6 of 21 Old 10-12-2007, 07:21 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocrazy0 View Post
Well, I hope they have a website AND they produce a similar bumper. I wanted a jeeperman rear bumper since their SEMA 2006 appearance and waited too long to order it. Opportunities missed. Having a receiver hitch AND an opening for a rear winch along with all the other accessories made it the Swiss Army Knife of rear bumpers. (And I am aware of all the issues jeeperman had with manufacturing and shipping. That is why I waited. I figured they'd get their act together especially with the demand. But business acumen was sorely missing. Just another great idea/product, poor execution business story.)
pm sent with info

"The best beer cooler in the world will always be the edge of your favorite river."
post #7 of 21 Old 10-13-2007, 10:26 PM
Wheeler

I was able to purchase one of the last Jeeperman rear bumpers to be shipped. It really is a good product. Since I'm new to this site and don't want to be labeled a pimper, all I can say is that I have great hope for the new company. The owner has great business sense and can give new life to the products. His retail company is my new favorite after watching him do everthing possible to make sure my purchase went well. After speaking with him this week, he's trying to get the new venture rolling ASAP. GOOD LUCK!!
post #8 of 21 Old 10-14-2007, 10:12 AM
Broker by the Minute

Garage

No one gets labels for providing the community with valuable information.

By all means provide the information publicly.

I heard that someone from there was going to Utah to start a joint venture but don't remember the name.

It is sad that we loose brands but good that the experience is reintegrated into the design and construction part of the community.

post #9 of 21 Old 10-14-2007, 02:10 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelW View Post
No one gets labels for providing the community with valuable information.

By all means provide the information publicly.

I heard that someone from there was going to Utah to start a joint venture but don't remember the name.

It is sad that we loose brands but good that the experience is reintegrated into the design and construction part of the community.

Cool - Watch RedRockFab.com for the new company. His site should be in service soon.
post #10 of 21 Old 10-15-2007, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Well, this certainly is an inauspicious start to a new website:

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Ok, put me on your list for info.

Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients:

Recipient address: [email protected]
Reason: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
Diagnostic code: smtp;550 5.1.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table
Remote system: dns;mail.modwest.com (TCP|206.46.252.42|37971|216.129.251.30|25) (mfe3.msomt.modwest.com ESMTP Postfix [Debian/GNU])

post #11 of 21 Old 10-15-2007, 07:53 PM
Wheeler

I don't know his exact timetable, but like I said, it should be in service soon. Like other manufacturers such Poly, there appears to be a large influx of new products waiting to be brought to market. I'm waiting to see what SEMA reveals and then spend. Speaking of Poly Performance, they had quite a few new products on their JK at the ORE. They had a skid plate and front bumper that looked very good but are not yet on their web site.
post #12 of 21 Old 10-18-2007, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocrazy0 View Post
Well, this certainly is an inauspicious start to a new website:

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Ok, put me on your list for info.

Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients:

Recipient address: [email protected]
Reason: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
Diagnostic code: smtp;550 5.1.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table
Remote system: dns;mail.modwest.com (TCP|206.46.252.42|37971|216.129.251.30|25) (mfe3.msomt.modwest.com ESMTP Postfix [Debian/GNU])

I'm not trying to pimp anything but I just wanted to let you know that problem should be resolved.
post #13 of 21 Old 10-19-2007, 05:29 PM
Broker by the Minute

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rock Fab View Post
I'm not trying to pimp anything but I just wanted to let you know that problem should be resolved.
Awesome!

And you must have this forum confused with someplace else.

Welcome to the forum and may your new venture grow and prosper!

If you can help our community out, and we can help you out, all we ask is that you help us out in kind.
post #14 of 21 Old 10-22-2007, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Great news. Message SENT, ACCEPTED and ACKNOWLEDGED all in the same day! Much better!

Quote:
Hi Joseph,

Thank you for your interest in Red Rock Fabrication!

I've taken your contact information down and we are going to try to send out a mass email once products are available. Due to the nature of mass emails, sometimes they're caught as spam and shut down, so please keep an eye on our website as well.

We should have something up hopefully in the next few weeks. We currently have a prototype version of our new stubby front bumper w/ winch plate and fog lights on my JK and I'd like to get pictures up very soon.

We definitely will have a similar JK Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier. That is one of our first production items in addition to the new stubby front. How similar I don't know, we are going to have to modify the design some and we're not yet finalized there.

I appreciate you sharing your interest in the rear winch option, that's been something we've been going back and forth on.

Regardless, I'm fully confident with Kelly's experience and skills we'll have the best JK Tire Carrier on the market

We're hoping to be shipping some product in the next 2-3 months and I'll certainly do my best to keep you posted.

Regards,
Jason Shields
801.566.ROCK (7625)
[email protected]
http://www.redrockfab.com

post #15 of 21 Old 10-23-2007, 08:13 AM
Gib
Rock God

Good stuff. I hope they can incorporate a winch into it like Jeeperman did as well. That was the key feature that I really liked about theirs.
post #16 of 21 Old 05-25-2008, 07:26 PM

Atleast we can get his roll bar handlles cheap...............
post #17 of 21 Old 10-15-2009, 08:29 PM
Wheeler

Not pimping anything, but Jeeperman is far from dead and will be reopened soon...
post #18 of 21 Old 10-15-2009, 09:15 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Liquor

thats good news. any other information??

Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:

Magazine Feature:

post #19 of 21 Old 10-15-2009, 09:18 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquor View Post

thats good news. any other information??
Nothing that I can really share with no yellow star. I'm a vendor on Pirate and have full respect for Lance and Camo. Not going to start anything here until then.

Just keep an eye on the website.
post #20 of 21 Old 10-15-2009, 11:04 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynehartwig View Post
Not pimping anything, but Jeeperman is far from dead and will be reopened soon...
Hopefully it wont be the rangler line I received earlier this last year, and yes I have Jeeperman front and rear bumpers,

And no I ain't no spy sirs
post #21 of 21 Old 10-16-2009, 06:02 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUDDLZ View Post
Hopefully it wont be the rangler line I received earlier this last year, and yes I have Jeeperman front and rear bumpers,

And no I ain't no spy sirs
Raingler hasn't been associated with Jeeperman in any manner since 10/06 when Eddie sold to Tyler and Adam.

'04 Rubicon with all the goodies....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode