4wheel parts!... Grrrrrrrr!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 05-16-2014, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to KevinJBurt
4wheel parts!... Grrrrrrrr!!

So, I had to learn this lesson for myself I guess... I put my RK lift on last fall and took it in to 4wp for an alignment. Well they said all was good except I had a heim joint on the lower track bar that was failing. I thought it was weird, because it was brand new but since it was under the bomb proof warranty I would replace it. Over the winter my Jeep was parked, for the most part anyway because when I drove it the steering would bind up! I bought a drag link just in case this issue was not the heim joint. Well a few weeks ago I called 4wp back. I wanted to take it there because they are the only RK dealer within 25 miles of me and since this was a warranty issue I thought they could take care of it! So they had 2 weeks to order the heim joint! I got a call the day before from them saying they couldn't find one and they would have to cancel the appt.?!?! WTF! I asked him why he didn't call RK and he came up with a bullshit excuse that he couldn't find it on their website! So I ordered it that day! It took me 4 minutes and I just paid for it... Fuck the warranty at this point!! I got a new appointment to install the heim joint and the drag link and I bought a Fox ATS stabilizer. (I have to say I didn't do all my homework on the drag link..) I told them if it still had the binding issue to try to flip the drag link unless that would make the geometry off!! He told me fine it won't be an issue we should just do that! So I took it in and got a call at 5:20pm (they close at 6) he told me everything is done and it's great so I asked him about the drag link and he said "Oh it's good except I need a relocation bracket but it's fine they drove it and the steering wheel moves a little bit that's all." I said well is it bad, should you just flip it back? He laughed and said "Oh no, we'll just get that bracket on soon but it's fine for now! I'll call you tomorrow."... Well NO it's not fine, it's complete bump steer with esp lights and all! So of course he never calls me. I called them yesterday after talking on the forum with RK, Marcus and others. Doing the homework I really should of done before and figured out not only did I need the relocation bracket but also some 3in. bump stops I have 2in. on now, 4wp tells me that they can get the parts (relocation bracket and 1in bump stops) but it will be an additional $550 in labor!! This is after I just gave them $1000! WTF Here's my problem... Why did they flip it!... Why did they flip it without telling me it was going to cost that much? Why the hell wouldn't they say that in the very beginning, so I wouldn't have to pay them to tear my front end apart twice?? Unless they were just scamming me from the start? I know why they wouldn't flip it back.. They were lazy and it was closing time!! Even though I took my Jeep in a 7am! This whole thing sucks ass! The only thing I want is to be able to go wheelin on Memorial weekend! Well that's not looking like it's going to happen!!
I'm done with them! The moral of this story... Don't trust anyone and do all of your homework and most importantly don't take your shit to 4wp!! I'll drive the extra miles and take off a day of work before I'll ever go there again!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Always forward never straight sometimes upside-down!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkristie44 View Post
I love the cock so much that even my avatar is just a pile of hot meat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 05-16-2014, 08:15 PM
Wheeler

Local 4wp to me is a joke as well. Hope your situation gets better.

post #3 of 11 Old 05-16-2014, 10:33 PM
Wheeler

Yeah my local 4wp is horrible as well. They had my new axle shafts for two week to press on rear axle bearings and retainer clip. This after they told me they couldn't get the retainer and had me order it in while it's listed on their website. Good luck with your troubles. I think next time you should spend the money on tools and learn to do it yourself so you know it's done right. Just my two cents.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 05-17-2014, 02:14 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

My Jeep friends and I do most of our work but I still go to the shop for the major work like alignments. That kinda work doesn't even interest me! But don't get me wrong here. We do have a few good shops in Denver, they're just not RK dealers or convenient for me to go to before and after work! Like I said though I will take time off work from now on!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
post #5 of 11 Old 05-17-2014, 02:54 AM
Wheeler

I ordered mounted tires on rims and 4WP fucked it up pretty bad (massive wheel shake at 30+ mph). I called up their people and it basically came down to me paying for a re-balance (and time) and they would pay me back for it after I gave them the order number later etc etc. lol

Went to another branch of 4WP, double checked they balanced the fucking things this time and the guy who did it was like "buy alloy wheels next time, balancing them is hard". Okay... Fuck you no I'll buy wheels that suit my need and you do the work I pay you for or don't do the work with the products you supply? Simple situation you insufferable fuckup.

Granted, he did balance them, but maybe if they were too hard to balance before, don't sell them to me? (previous branch) Just a suggestion for all the 4WP fuckup employees out there (im sure there are good'ns around). Also as a company policy, why do I have to pay out of pocket FIRST for a service I didn't get in the first place?

And that's when I looked at that chain as a complete joke, just like you!
post #6 of 11 Old 05-17-2014, 09:07 AM
Granite Guru

I was at 4WP the other day looking at winches when a guy rolls up 3/4 of their catalog bolted to his jeep. Nothing wrong with that if its your thing, point being is he apparently spent substantial money with them and had a question as to why his jeep was pulling to the right after 4wp installed his new lift. The response he received from the guy at the counter was "we purposely set it to pull to the right in case you fall asleep at the wheel, this way you don't run into oncoming traffic". Now I may be wrong on this but I've never once been in a stock vehicle that pulled to the right off the lot, and haven't read on jko in 5 years of perusing that this was a thing so WTF is this guy spewing? Too lazy to fix it or does 4WP have a crash into the ditch policy now?
post #7 of 11 Old 05-17-2014, 10:17 AM
JKO Addict!

Hope all works out man.
I see Way to many shop fuck ups on the forums. This stuff isn't rocket science.... I don't get it ???

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #8 of 11 Old 05-17-2014, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Holy crap these fuckin stories are... Well totally fucked up!! "It pulls to the right so you don't hit on coming traffic!" Did you start laughing historically?? Now I'm embarrassed I ever stepped foot in their door! Lol Seriously though this is really fucked up! Please keep the stories coming hopefully this helps others! I'd be interested to see one of their employees come on here and explain some of this!!

Quote:
post #9 of 11 Old 05-17-2014, 01:50 PM
Rock God

I try to put behind me the mistakes they made while installing my lift. I was able to fix the mistakes myself and move on.
post #10 of 11 Old 05-17-2014, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:

Last edited by KevinJBurt; 05-17-2014 at 02:54 PM.
post #11 of 11 Old 05-17-2014, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
Hope all works out man.
I see Way to many shop fuck ups on the forums. This stuff isn't rocket science.... I don't get it ???

Thanks kjeeper and thanks for all your input on RK's thread! I really appreciate that. So, 4wp wanted $250.00
to put the 1in. Bump stops in and like you said, you can just put them on in between the coils! When I told the guy that he said "No we can't we have to take the whole front end apart and drill new holes!" That's when I blew a gasket!! Fuckin morons! I said first your going to have it apart anyways to weld the new bracket and second if it were me I'd just use the hole that's there, hence why you ordered the longer bolts!! Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descent View Post
I try to put behind me the mistakes they made while installing my lift. I was able to fix the mistakes myself and move on.
Yeah! I hear ya! I'm trying to calm down but it's not going so well! Lol

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode