Seriously just answer the post or shut up - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 05-14-2014, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Seriously just answer the post or shut up

I recently posted about some Rigid rock lights asking if anyone has them, and for a review. All I get is people talking about how expensive they are and that it is too much to spend on rock lights. If I want to spend the money then who fucking cares. This is nothing against the people that answered at all, as they seem to be nice people, but generally about internet forums. I wanted feedback on the lights, not your opinion on value. If you have the lights, and also own other lights you think are comparable for less, then tell me. But if you have never seen them, installed them, or used them, then shut up. Every time somone posts about some silly ass overpriced front bumper they bought, despite the fact they have no lockers in their Jeep, I dont post that they are stupid for wasting their money.

At the same time.....I probably do it too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 05-14-2014, 07:09 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith B. View Post
I recently posted about some Rigid rock lights asking if anyone has them, and for a review. All I get is people talking about how expensive they are and that it is too much to spend on rock lights. If I want to spend the money then who fucking cares. This is nothing against the people that answered at all, as they seem to be nice people, but generally about internet forums. I wanted feedback on the lights, not your opinion on value. If you have the lights, and also own other lights you think are comparable for less, then tell me. But if you have never seen them, installed them, or used them, then shut up. Every time somone posts about some silly ass overpriced front bumper they bought, despite the fact they have no lockers in their Jeep, I dont post that they are stupid for wasting their money.

At the same time.....I probably do it too.
Really man? Hey, you're in Mesa, instead of relying on personal opinions from forum readers, drive over to Rigid and ask to see a set in action. Simple, easy peezy! Nope, start a DL thread whining about not getting your way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #3 of 31 Old 05-14-2014, 07:10 PM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

How much are these lights you speak of ? Link to thread for reference ? (Imagine Pirate smiley here)

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 Old 05-14-2014, 07:12 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184993

Quote:
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
post #5 of 31 Old 05-14-2014, 07:12 PM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

Never mind...I found the thread. Man, that is a lot of money for lights..I have no input to provide because I don't have them so I can't help you... but Damn. That a lot of money for rock lights.

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
post #6 of 31 Old 05-14-2014, 07:15 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmmns View Post
Never mind...I found the thread. Man, that is a lot of money for lights..I have no input to provide because I don't have them so I can't help you... but Damn. That a lot of money for rock lights.
^ LOL, nope, we're all idiots who spend money on bumpers and and armor and shit...

Quote:
post #7 of 31 Old 05-14-2014, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
Really man? Hey, you're in Mesa, instead of relying on personal opinions from forum readers, drive over to Rigid and ask to see a set in action. Simple, easy peezy! Nope, start a DL thread whining about not getting your way.
I know some of the owners of rigid, but wanted an third party opinion. I guess it is just the way the internet works. Instead of answering the question people post their opinion on something not asked.

07 JKU, 14 bolt rear/ Teraflex 60 front, Tera Long Arm, King Coilovers, 40" MT/R-Ks, Antirock etc. 430HP LS3 engine swap. Cage and 14 bolt swap thread-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 31 Old 05-14-2014, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I thought this sub forum was for whining.

07 JKU, 14 bolt rear/ Teraflex 60 front, Tera Long Arm, King Coilovers, 40" MT/R-Ks, Antirock etc. 430HP LS3 engine swap. Cage and 14 bolt swap thread-

post #9 of 31 Old 05-14-2014, 08:05 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Wow, you just figured out that forums are full of peoples opinions, solicited or otherwise!

Quote:
post #10 of 31 Old 05-14-2014, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I guess. Maybe my own stupidity.

post #11 of 31 Old 05-14-2014, 08:20 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Honestly, most people on here are looking for deals on ancillary crap like lighting for their Jeep. So when someone comes in looking for advice or feedback on something like rock lights, most of us automatically start referring to less expensive options. Heck, if you can get a set for a price you feel good about, be the trailblazer and write a review. Just don't get all bitter when people don't spoon feed you a response you're looking for... I love my Rigid lights, spent quite a bit of money on them. Considering I could have locked one of my axles for what I spent on them, so that in itself is stupid by your definition. However, I see the value in being able to see at night on the trail. Rock lights just aren't a place i'd drop that kind of dough, most people share my sentiment. They would have to be amazing to justify that cost. More power to you if you want to be first...

Quote:
post #12 of 31 Old 05-14-2014, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I get it and am far from offended. I just figured that someone on here might have used them. I didn't even know rigid made rock light until last week. And they are crazy expensive. At the same time, I already wasted 120 on vision x tantrums.

post #13 of 31 Old 05-14-2014, 08:46 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
I get it and am far from offended. I just figured that someone on here might have used them. I didn't even know rigid made rock light until last week. And they are crazy expensive. At the same time, I already wasted 120 on vision x tantrums.

Quote:
post #14 of 31 Old 05-14-2014, 10:02 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Well personally I like fresh laid organic eggs cooked over easy but that's a hard egg to get so I just order an omelet.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Originally Posted by van7559
I can bury my pinky in the rear, and just barley feel it, the front is a little easier, but still seems low to me!

I fist fuck life with a nuclear powered pneumatic fuck hammer for 60, 70 hrs a week...
post #15 of 31 Old 05-15-2014, 05:16 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Was just trying to steer you in a better direction. I am on my 3rd set of rock lights now. 1st was the superbright LED's that kept burning out, then some cheap ones from ebay that actually lasted, now there is the olympus ones and 2 light bars under the jeep.

If you were a newb and had tire shine all over your jeep then we probably would have said sure they are awesome buy 3 sets to get good coverage. But it seems you don't have your head up your arse. Well up until this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #16 of 31 Old 05-15-2014, 06:07 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
I know some of the owners of rigid, but wanted an third party opinion. I guess it is just the way the internet works. Instead of answering the question people post their opinion on something not asked.
Oh yeah, I have some sort of very narrow 24" led strip lighting with 3M sticky tape back that I installed. Running 4-sets. Each 24" section comes in two 12" sections (12+12=24). I ran one set front and back then one set on each side. I can't see any reason to need any more light than that as they do a great job of lighting both the underbelly of the jeep as well as the rocks.

I suppose if you have a really small dick you might need more light to help ya find it along with gps coordinates for your woman. Anything brighter screams homeaux and anything weaker screams limp noodle...AND if you really need to be a flamer you can get them in colors other than white. Each 24" strip (two 12" strips; remember, 12+12=24") ran me $29.95 each so that adds up to like $120.00 total plus extra wire, relay, switch and misc parts so really I spent close to 1-million dollars total which might be good for you too.

I do have some Rigid lighting up front and they work great (spots and floods) but for under the jeep I just don't see the need to spend more than a million.......hope this helps

I can bury my pinky in the rear, and just barley feel it, the front is a little easier, but still seems low to me!

I fist fuck life with a nuclear powered pneumatic fuck hammer for 60, 70 hrs a week...
post #17 of 31 Old 05-15-2014, 08:07 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
If you were a newb and had tire shine all over your jeep then we probably would have said sure they are awesome buy 3 sets to get good coverage. But it seems you don't have your head up your arse. Well up until this thread.
Nice! Three sets sounds good to me. LED's draw so little power that would be awesome.

The reality is that I have some store credit I need to use up at Rigid, and there is nothing else I need. I donated a bunch of money to my kids school at an auction and won some Rigid lights that I already have. They are allowing me to trade for items of the same value. I am getting some D2's but still have around 500 to spend and cant think of what else to buy. The alternative is buy something I don't need, and then sell it here, and they buy something cheaper.

post #18 of 31 Old 05-15-2014, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M's View Post
Oh yeah, I have some sort of very narrow 24" led strip lighting with 3M sticky tape back that I installed. Running 4-sets. Each 24" section comes in two 12" sections (12+12=24). I ran one set front and back then one set on each side. I can't see any reason to need any more light than that as they do a great job of lighting both the underbelly of the jeep as well as the rocks.
I have a buddy that did something similar as well. It came out pretty nice. But it simply doesn't cost enough for me to feel good about myself. Maybe if I stick a Ferrari emblem on them I would be ok with it.

post #19 of 31 Old 05-15-2014, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Nice! Three sets sounds good to me. LED's draw so little power that would be awesome.

The reality is that I have some store credit I need to use up at Rigid, and there is nothing else I need. I donated a bunch of money to my kids school at an auction and won some Rigid lights that I already have. They are allowing me to trade for items of the same value. I am getting some D2's but still have around 500 to spend and cant think of what else to buy. The alternative is buy something I don't need, and then sell it here, and they buy something cheaper.
You could buy some D2's and then give them to the Tucson crew for toys for tots auction.

Quote:
Quote:
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #20 of 31 Old 05-15-2014, 08:29 AM
Wheeler

if your near the factory as someone else stated go and ask them for a demo, personally I say it's your money, invest it any way you want, as long as you get what you pay for
post #21 of 31 Old 05-15-2014, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
You could buy some D2's and then give them to the Tucson crew for toys for tots auction.
I am good with that. I bet I could get Rigid to throw in some more as well. PM me where to send them.

post #22 of 31 Old 05-15-2014, 08:44 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
I have a buddy that did something similar as well. It came out pretty nice. But it simply doesn't cost enough for me to feel good about myself. Maybe if I stick a Ferrari emblem on them I would be ok with it.
Well if you can get an Enzo emblem then all is well in lala land and we can be twinsies...lmao

post #23 of 31 Old 05-15-2014, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Oh....and I still want someone to tell me about the damn rock lights!

post #24 of 31 Old 05-15-2014, 09:53 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Persistent, i'll give him that much. Buy them with your credit, give them to me, i'll install them, write a review, and then if you like them you can buy a set...

Quote:
post #25 of 31 Old 05-15-2014, 09:56 AM

Quote:
I am good with that. I bet I could get Rigid to throw in some more as well. PM me where to send them.
PM M&M's he is the Tucson toys for tots coordinator. RandyD is the toys for twats coordinator.

Quote:
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode