JeepSwag.com - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 04-05-2014, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

JeepSwag.com

So last week I order a new winch rope from JeepSwag.com (that a friend suggested) I ordered it on Sunday (3/23) due to the cable line I had was all frayed. I paid $309 for the synthetic rope from JeepSwag and paid the extra $24 for shipping to have it shipped faster because I was going out of town that upcoming weekend to take me JK offroading at the Badlands. I get a phone called from the guy WEDNESDAY and when I called him back he said there was a problem with my order but he got it taken care of and told him i needed it for that weekend. he told me he was going to tried to get it shipped that day. Call him then next day to see if got shipped he told me he didnt make it on time and the post office was closed and he was sorry he is in the middle of moving his home and business and the movers were there and he would throw in something free to make up for the inconvenience. STILL haven't got it. Called him today (4/5) and he said it will be shipped for sure MONDAY (4/10). Not to happy about that.Said he ran out of the crush loops. Really, takes this long? couldn't have called and told me sooner? how does he send me the confirmation email saying he has my order Monday but waits 3 days later to call about it? and send me a tracking number on Monday but yet hasn't even shipped it yet. Needless to say a week later it will be shipped. May just call him up Monday morning and tell him just to cancel the order and return my money.... I wouldn't recommend ordering from there unless if you dont mind waiting for it to be randomly shipped.

Last edited by Dragnut06; 04-18-2014 at 08:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 04-06-2014, 01:55 AM
JKO Addict!

I have purchased from Jeepswag.com a number of times and received my product in a timely manner. I believe you will find many satisfied customers here on JKO. Brett will do whatever he can to assure your satisfaction. I'm sorry to see that you ran into snags with your purchase and I can appreciate your disappointment but your experience is the exception. I would encourage you to exercise patience at this point. I'm confident that Brett will take care of your concerns.
post #3 of 26 Old 04-06-2014, 03:50 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Woods is a weirdo, he has so much potential, yet he fucks all that up by being inconsistent and random. I ordered the Evap Relo from him and he did the same shit, so he "threw in" a lift support kit for the hood. Cool, whatever, shit took a lot longer than promised. Then I gave his Hi Lift accessory add on brackets a trial run and same thing happened, tracking number stayed open, no idea where it is, then they just show up. He "felt so bad" that he took weeks to ship out something that should have been days that he shipped out another package full of random shit as "freebies". Those things (which happened to be another Evap Relo kit, Hi Lift JKU mounts, and another HiLift bracket kit) showed up at random and without warning, so I e-mailed him to ask why the JKU brackets (I own 2 door) plus the other stuff I already had and he then tells me that sending me that much free shit was a mistake and he wants me to ship some of it back on MY DIME. I basically told him to eff off and that I would donate those items to fellow Jeeple who needed those things. I gave those items away because he wouldn't give me a postage paid shipping option or his shipping account.

He is very disorganized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.

Last edited by JKCTAZ; 04-06-2014 at 04:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 Old 04-06-2014, 05:07 AM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to warcop

I ordered the Hi Lift mount and air compressor mount from him, I didn't have any issues.

Warcop

2012 JKU Sport, Rock Krawler 2.5 Flex, Smittybilt SRC Side Armor, Mesh Grille MOD, Sony Double DIN AV Receiver, Back up Camera, Kicker Speaker Upgrade, ARB Twin Compressor, Dominion Off Road High Lift Mount, Homemade Paracord Grab Handles, Nitto Trail Grapplers, Paramount Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier, KC Hilites Daylighters, under seat lock box, Metal Cloak Front Bumper, BARTACT Seat Covers, BARTACT Sun Shade, x20 Comp Winch, sPOD, ARB Air lockers, 4.10 Gears.
post #5 of 26 Old 04-06-2014, 05:39 AM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

more importantly, what were the specifics on the rope for that $ ?

I have had great luck with MasterPull's ebay store. They always have some deals on there !

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
post #6 of 26 Old 04-06-2014, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmmns View Post
more importantly, what were the specifics on the rope for that $ ?

I have had great luck with MasterPull's ebay store. They always have some deals on there !
its just their 100' synthetic rope with the crush proof thimble and hook. i thought about MasterPull and other ebay ones but didn't know the quality of them. I hear a couple ppl on the forums say they buy cheap ebay ones and work fine. The "Aramid Heat Proof Synthetic Winch Rope" from JeepSwag is suppose to be really good so we will see.
post #7 of 26 Old 04-06-2014, 03:30 PM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

Just so you know. MASTERPULL is not a cheap ebay company.. they 're a longstanding staple in the off road world.. they just happen to have an eBay store where they sell some stuff also.. not sure what thickness your line is. I think I paid under 200 for mine.

And that the line, crush proof thimble and rock guard

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
post #8 of 26 Old 04-06-2014, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I wasn't trying to imply Masterpull was cheap was just saying I thought about going with them OR the eBay ones is how I should have worded it...and the ropes thickness is 3/8... Ill keep MasterPull in mind for next time. Thought about going with Viking.
post #9 of 26 Old 04-06-2014, 06:43 PM
JKO Addict!

Not OKing anything, but when you order anything on a sunday you have in reality ordered in on a monday...unless that company says they are open weekends
post #10 of 26 Old 04-06-2014, 06:45 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Ordered stuff before had it within the same week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #11 of 26 Old 04-06-2014, 06:53 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Same week orders are not that amazing, when you consider he's in CenCal, I believe. Just goes to show you that it's hit and miss with the guy. Aside from that, I don't think he's out to screw people, I just think he's a guy who needs an office assistant or manager to handle orders.

Quote:
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
post #12 of 26 Old 04-06-2014, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

yea, im not saying he's doing it to screw people over. I do agree he needs some to help manage or help with orders.I understand most companies aren't open on the weekends and the order would be take in on Monday, but not having it shipped out for a whole week sounds a little ridiculous IMO.

Last edited by Dragnut06; 04-18-2014 at 08:04 AM.
post #13 of 26 Old 04-06-2014, 09:47 PM
JKO Addict!

Let the forum know how this plays out and whether you're happy with the product.
post #14 of 26 Old 04-06-2014, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I will. like I said the product is suppose to be really good. Heard a couple guys run them on their rigs in KOH. so we shall see but will def post up about it when I get it, then just have to convince a friend or myself to get stuck to really try it out.
post #15 of 26 Old 04-14-2014, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Update: So after the "guarantee to ship (last Monday) called again today and he said it will finally ship today, "shipping label was in front of him." Said he lost his tools during the move...
post #16 of 26 Old 04-17-2014, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Well the day FINALLY came and the rope is IN! Only took 3 weeks. Tho rope seems pretty legit. Got it in the mail when i was at work so haven't go it installed and test yet. He did throw in a "goodie" for my troubles to bad its a tire pressure gauge not something nice and useful (already bought a tire gauge)... needless to say wont order from him again nor would i recommend the company any. I DO understand he's a small business with the lack of help and it was bad timing as he was in the middle of moving his home and business but there needs to be some priority to his business and what not. This is just my experience with them.
post #17 of 26 Old 04-17-2014, 09:23 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to KevinJBurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnut06 View Post
Well the day FINALLY came and the rope is IN! Only took 3 weeks. Tho rope seems pretty legit. Got it in the mail when i was at work so haven't go it installed and test yet. He did throw in a "goodie" for my troubles to bad its a tire pressure gauge not something nice and useful (already bought a tire gauge)... needless to say wont order from him again nor would i recommend the company any. I DO understand he's a small business with the lack of help and it was bad timing as he was in the middle of moving his home and business but there needs to be some priority to his business and what not. This is just my experience with them.
I've been following this thread and I'm glad you finally got your rope! It's too bad that you had such a bad experience with them. It definitely shouldn't be that hard! Thanks for posting it though with so many companies out there it's good to know these things...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Always forward never straight sometimes upside-down!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkristie44 View Post
I love the cock so much that even my avatar is just a pile of hot meat.
post #18 of 26 Old 04-17-2014, 09:31 PM
JKO Addict!

The issues stated with JeepSwag suck and you are understandably not thrilled. I am not going to defend or make excuses for Woods-- but let me say this-

Woods is not in this for the quick buck. He has spent endless hours inventing and producing products for our JKs over the last several years to make our Jeeps better. He's doing what he loves. One of the most standup guys I have ever known. If there is a problem rest assured he will take care of it. (eventually, it seems, at least in this case- lol!). He is a family man (wife and kids) and a Hardcore wheeler. For what its worth, I trust him 100% and that is very valuable to me. I cant say that about too many dudes.

Anyone who is thinking about 'not' ordering from him, don't worry-- he is moved now and back on track for orders.

Lastly, I hope this post gets me some free shit.

HUNDY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
Hi Tread MT 37x12.50x16.5 $150 ea!
post #19 of 26 Old 04-17-2014, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

i never stated he was " in it to make a quick buck" im sure he's a great guy, but just not happy with how this transaction went. To each their own if you wanna order from him go ahead, i'll just go somewhere else. This is my own experience im sure others have had better, maybe worse i dont know. But when i paid $300 dollars and an extra $30 for it to be shipped faster and ends up taking 3 almost 4 weeks im sure alot of people aren't goin to be happy about that. I never ask him for "free shit" he threw it in. Tho i think if anything a refund on my shipping cost would have been nice considering it didn't mean a damn thing.
post #20 of 26 Old 04-17-2014, 09:55 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
i never stated he was " in it to make a quick buck" im sure he's a great guy, but just not happy with how this transaction went. To each their own if you wanna order from him go ahead, i'll just go somewhere else. This is my own experience im sure others have had better, maybe worse i dont know. But when i paid $300 dollars and an extra $30 for it to be shipped faster and ends up taking 3 almost 4 weeks im sure alot of people aren't goin to be happy about that. I never ask him for "free shit" he threw it in. Tho i think if anything a refund on my shipping cost would have been nice considering it didn't mean a damn thing.

I hear you. Like I said, not making any excuses for him. Just thought I would throw my personal 2 cents in.

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
Hi Tread MT 37x12.50x16.5 $150 ea!
post #21 of 26 Old 04-18-2014, 05:26 AM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

Quote:
Like has been said, Woods is good people. You gotta understand that it takes quite a while to make that rope. Sitting down braiding 800 something strands is quite tedious and time consuming. I understand he once had a Jamaican Dreadlocks braider working there but he quit to start his own business braiding women's lower grass patches.

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved 2015
post #22 of 26 Old 04-18-2014, 02:22 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100dollarman View Post
don't worry-- he is moved now and back on track for orders.
Shit, does that mean he'll notice I still own him a check for an unpaid invoice
post #23 of 26 Old 04-18-2014, 03:42 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to KevinJBurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiCajun View Post
Like has been said, Woods is good people. You gotta understand that it takes quite a while to make that rope. Sitting down braiding 800 something strands is quite tedious and time consuming. I understand he once had a Jamaican Dreadlocks braider working there but he quit to start his own business braiding women's lower grass patches.
I'll bet that's one Jamaican that likes blueberry waffles! Just sayin...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Always forward never straight sometimes upside-down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkristie44 View Post
I love the cock so much that even my avatar is just a pile of hot meat.
post #24 of 26 Old 04-18-2014, 10:54 PM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

Blueberry waffles are needed in order to twist up 800 or so strands in one sitting. It's like, wait a minute, what the fuck was I doing? Oh yeah, twisting.......wait a minute, what the fuck was I doing? Oh yeah, twisting.......wait a minute, what the fuck was I doing? Oh yeah, twisting....... Whoa, dude, did you hear a siren ? wait a minute, what the fuck was I doing? Oh yeah, twisting.......

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved 2015
post #25 of 26 Old 04-18-2014, 11:14 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiCajun View Post
Blueberry waffles are needed in order to twist up 800 or so strands in one sitting. It's like, wait a minute, what the fuck was I doing? Oh yeah, twisting.......wait a minute, what the fuck was I doing? Oh yeah, twisting.......wait a minute, what the fuck was I doing? Oh yeah, twisting....... Whoa, dude, did you hear a siren ? wait a minute, what the fuck was I doing? Oh yeah, twisting.......
I'm pretty sure you just described Woods trying to package his outgoing orders...

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode