Speaking of Forum Rules.. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 61 Old 04-01-2014, 01:19 AM Thread Starter

Speaking of Forum Rules..

or

I'm sure many of you have seen my signature by now, and what happen to me over at jeepforums.. and if your there as well as here.. you need to post something in order to help my cause..
As my signature indicates.. I was banned because I openly posted thumbs up or thumbs down in the forums.. or does this not matter to any of you. Granted this could be a hopeless cause, but I just feel my rights as a forum participant have been violated. If the forum is going to allow users the right to post thumbs up/down likes or dislikes and yet get scalded for it.. what good is having these options?.
If any forum allows one to post thumbs up or down ratings etc.. then they allowing you to have a say in what is being said within that topic area.. but when I just so happen to find a topic I want to thumbs up or down.. I get scalded for it..
Thou I've yet to decide if I'm going to return (which the ban will be lift on the 4th) I will continue to openly post thumbs up or down as I've been doing here.. why should I stop, unless the forum, (included JKO) simply removed these types of options.
Yes.. If I see something I've deemed as I dislike and I'm sure there are a few here that will also post there dislike of this post.. because we have a right and a say to do so. But does this mean they/we will get banned because we posted the thumbs up or down?..

Last edited by JeepWranglerNation; 04-01-2014 at 01:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 Old 04-01-2014, 03:32 AM
CalmerThanYouAre

Don't think I've ever used a thumbs up or down.
Is the thumbs down what got the ban or was there ranting and arguing after giving the thumbs down?

I support the military, fiscal responsibility, Hemp, legalization of Marijuana over 21, smaller government and the Bill of Rights.

NSA: The only part of the government that actually listens.
post #3 of 61 Old 04-01-2014, 04:43 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 61 Old 04-01-2014, 04:51 AM Thread Starter

Unclear what actually got me banned.. However, If anyone has ever noticed the little triangle shaped button in the lower left corner of each post.. is where one can report a post.. I have a feeling that when I used a thumbs down, someone may have reported said post.. The only thumbs down that I gave to any post was that Magnet Paints posted a spam run of bedliner images.. and I posted the: and noting more.. The admin contacted me later and told me that "publicly posting of thumbs up/down is not permitted" he goes on.. "this is typically done in private, Let this be a Waring to you" This set off a red flag to me.. I sent word to the site host/admins whom ever I could send a message to informing them of this.. I then log'd out.. return several hours later I get this message:
Quote:
You have been banned for the following reason:
Trouble maker plus deleting all of his prior posts!

Date the ban will be lifted: 04-03-2014, 01:00 PM
True.. I did delete my post because I knew I was going to have an issue with the site and I didn't want any of my comments reflecting this.. However.. Now I'm branded a "Trouble Marker"?? Mind you I've been with that site since 09 and now they are starting to crack down sort of speak.. so what took them so long enough to deciding if they would even make a comment in reference to my thumbs up or down..
Again I sent them another message indicating:
Quote:
Why bother banning me for one week.. if the offence was that bad.. why not ban indefinitely..and If i'm allowed to return or even want to.. Apologize (publicly) within the forums for banning me. or Ban my account before my return.
I don't understand their logic here.. ban if I use the thumbs up/down and clearly users can like or thumbs up post at most sites.. I guess "Magnet Paints" didn't care for my publicly posting of a thumbs down in their topic area..
This same thing happen at an alternate forum.. but this time they claimed I was spamming topics by using my thumbs up/down just so users could see my signature.. again this all bowls down to.. "IF" your allowed to post/create a signature and IF your allowed to post thumbs up/down then why are we getting banned.. They give you free right to use these options.. yet when you do.. your banned.. doesn't make sense..
post #5 of 61 Old 04-01-2014, 05:32 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Buy a red or blue star here and I might care about you getting banned from another site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #6 of 61 Old 04-01-2014, 05:41 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
Buy a red or blue star here and I might care about you getting banned from another site.
THIS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Granite,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #7 of 61 Old 04-01-2014, 04:12 PM
CalmerThanYouAre

April, fool.

I support the military, fiscal responsibility, Hemp, legalization of Marijuana over 21, smaller government and the Bill of Rights.

post #8 of 61 Old 04-01-2014, 04:13 PM
CalmerThanYouAre

With a sig line like this whadaya expect?

"Note: Did You Know, The Posting Of The "Thumbs Up" or "Thumbs Down" In Threads at jeepforum.com, Will Get You Banned?"

post #9 of 61 Old 04-01-2014, 04:41 PM
JKO Addict!

JeepWranglerNation, you are acting like a homo. Go sit on your boyfriends

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnb2010 View Post
As BSack would probably say, the rewards of doing for others while seeking nothing makes one rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep Momma View Post
Had to google this...
post #10 of 61 Old 04-01-2014, 04:47 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepWranglerNation View Post
I'm sure many of you have seen my signature by now, and what happen to me over at jeepforums.. and if your there as well as here.. you need to post something in order to help my cause...
Who cares? It's an internet forum, you'll live without it, I promise.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #11 of 61 Old 04-01-2014, 04:48 PM
JKO Dickhead

Garage
Thumbs down

Who cares ?

I wish I had more hands....so I could give this thread four thumbs down ! Rick James

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
post #12 of 61 Old 04-01-2014, 04:56 PM
Rock God

Thumbs down

This thread is like 90% of the posts I've seen from you

post #13 of 61 Old 04-01-2014, 07:20 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #14 of 61 Old 04-01-2014, 09:16 PM
Granite Guru

Thumbs down

Quote:
I just feel my rights as a forum participant have been violated.
post #15 of 61 Old 04-01-2014, 09:21 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollar View Post

Hahaha! No shit!

Quote:
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
post #16 of 61 Old 04-01-2014, 09:27 PM
Rock God

Garage
Thumbs down

Dollar shave club sells "One Wipe Chariies" they are for men with vaginas.

'09 JKUR. Metal Cloak overlines, TF 3" LA, 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Home built winch bumper, custom built sliders, RK Drag Link and HD Pro Tie rod, Adams front shaft, TF Big Brakes, Speed Bumps, Warn M8000
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
post #17 of 61 Old 04-01-2014, 10:19 PM
JKO Addict!

Thumbs down

First problem; JeepForum.
Second problem; I don't care.
Third problem; .

2012 Jeep Wrangler - Gecko
3.5" Rock Krawler X Factor
40x13.5 Nitto Mud Grapplers / 17" Fuel Hostage
Poison Spyder Brawler Lite / Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers
Poison Spyder RockBrawler w/ Tire Carrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
and yet... canada still sucks worse

we'd make fun of your prime minister if we could... unfortunately nobody's ever heard of him!
post #18 of 61 Old 04-02-2014, 12:05 AM
JKO Addict!

Thumbs up = gay.

Thumbs down = gay.

Thumbs up your ass = gay.

Moral; no matter how you look at it your gay

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Originally Posted by van7559
I can bury my pinky in the rear, and just barley feel it, the front is a little easier, but still seems low to me!

I fist fuck life with a nuclear powered pneumatic fuck hammer for 60, 70 hrs a week...
post #19 of 61 Old 04-02-2014, 02:55 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M's View Post
Thumbs up = gay.

Thumbs down = gay.

Thumbs up your ass = gay.

Moral; no matter how you look at it your gay

I go for depth using my pointer finger.
Got caught once. Shampoo bottle in one hand, as for the other hand "Er...... Self prostate exam, heathy as can be"

Rough crowd

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #20 of 61 Old 04-02-2014, 04:54 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
I go for depth using my pointer finger.
Got caught once. Shampoo bottle in one hand, as for the other hand "Er...... Self prostate exam, heathy as can be"

Rough crowd

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Ok so depth is important? I was under the impression that you searched around similarly to finding the female g-spot...

One would also tend to think that self examinations aren't considered gay either if my logic serves me right. See, just goes to show how informative these threads can be. However it doesn't negate the fact that thumbs up or down is still gay.

Originally Posted by van7559
I can bury my pinky in the rear, and just barley feel it, the front is a little easier, but still seems low to me!

I fist fuck life with a nuclear powered pneumatic fuck hammer for 60, 70 hrs a week...
post #21 of 61 Old 04-02-2014, 05:27 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

OP-

I am putting my thoughts into this thread because I don't want to get into a whole "debate via private message" with you.

I'm going to start with this:

"Question: It's unclear if you actually appreciate that I point out these spammer.. so, some sort of comment at this point would be helpful or do I simply allow these spammers go unreported.."

As you know, this ^^^ is what you posted up in the "reason for reporting spam post" section of your complaint the other day. Dude, This is a simple spammer! It happens all day every day! When a moderator or administrator comes online, then they go through the reports or scan the forum and ban the spammers and delete the spammers threads/ posts. We are not here all the time. There is no way to instantaneously address all complaints/ reports. Do I appreciate the heads-up regarding the spam? Sure I do. Moderators and Administration would have an even harder time finding all spam posts if it were not for the reports from our forum members. But at the same time... You personally are not going to receive a cookie, nor a trophy, nor a blue ribbon... not even a "thumbs-up"... I'm sorry. Okay... so I do hope that you find my comment helpful. It was what you requested.

Just as ridiculous was how you handled the replies to your "dark and foreboding background color" thread. I said we couldn't change it, then I talked about my testicles, and then Chris wanted to see my fiance's breasts, and then it was over. And a couple others chimed in with their opinions. Next thing I know, I'm getting a message from you saying that you wouldn't be returning to the forum due to the rude comments. I then replied to you asking you to consider the difference between rudeness and humor... etc, etc. Then you decided that you wanted the thread closed. Like I told you... I DO take legitimate gripes, concerns, reports, and problems very seriously but that was all just completely unnecessary. Oh... and for future reference... You do have the option to edit and subsequently delete a thread that you have started if you ultimately feel the need to.

Anyway...

I see a trend with you. It's as if Robt Stephens has risen from the dead and morphed into a 14 year old girl with self-esteem issues. I am telling you right now that you need to relax and realize that this forum operates as a community and as such, we cannot always accommodate every single request or complaint as they relate to each individual member. From what I have seen, it seems as if you feel that members/ vendors/ mods/ admin should cater to you. That is just not what a forum is about. You are going to have to sit back and simply let others voice their opinions while you either a.) not get involved or b.) realize that there are just some battles that you aren't going to win nor appreciate the consensus of other members. That's just how it is.

Now... I do realize that you're likely going to read through this thread and completely blow a gasket. But please... take a hard look at what people are saying. They are kind of busting your balls right now, but they are also generally a great bunch of guys that are passionate about the Jeeping community and helping others. Yes... I do understand that you won't see them as actually helping you, but they genuinely are... Because they are trying to make a point that no ONE forum is going to completely bend over backwards to make sure that any ONE member is coddled or validated.

In my opinion ( right or wrong) I feel that the best thing for you to do would be to take the advice, criticism, and ribbing that others have offered and just have a good laugh at your own expense. Please realize that creating drama where there really is none, will generally only serve to get you flamed. That doesn't mean that anyone here necessarily harbors any kind of hatred towards you... just that you sort of brought all of this upon yourself. There are always going to be disagreements, arguments, and harsh comments offered here because this is not some kind of watered-down therapeutic support group. It's an off-road Jeep forum that was spawned many years ago from Pirate 4x4. That means that sometimes people are going to just have to go with the flow, keep their head down, and take their lumps like a man.

I appreciate the help that you have offered others, and I hope that you decide to stick around, but whatever you deem best for your own emotional health is up to you... I do understand that JKO is not for everyone so "Best of luck" with whatever you decide.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #22 of 61 Old 04-02-2014, 05:41 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Turbo tech in chit chat...
solid intellectual advice here ^^^^^...
what is this place coming too..

How I LEARNED TO STOP GIVING A SHIT AND LOVE MINDLESS SELF INDULGENCE

Itís time to reevaluate the way we coddle the future generation. Making mistakes and getting hurt is how you grow. Teaching kids to fear Pop Tarts is how you promote xenophobia. Letís get it together, America.
post #23 of 61 Old 04-02-2014, 05:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Now... I do realize that you're likely going to read through this thread and completely blow a gasket...
Nope.. I'm perfectly capable of maintaining my composer.. and I deserve everything that was said on behalf of this post.. and I'll not discuss this any further.
Thank you for your comments
post #24 of 61 Old 04-02-2014, 06:18 AM
CalmerThanYouAre

Quote:
Unclear what actually got me banned.. However, If anyone has ever noticed the little triangle shaped button in the lower left corner of each post.. is where one can report a post.. I have a feeling that when I used a thumbs down, someone may have reported said post.. The only thumbs down that I gave to any post was that Magnet Paints posted a spam run of bedliner images.. and I posted the: and noting more.. The admin contacted me later and told me that "publicly posting of thumbs up/down is not permitted" he goes on.. "this is typically done in private, Let this be a Waring to you" This set off a red flag to me.. I sent word to the site host/admins whom ever I could send a message to informing them of this.. I then log'd out.. return several hours later I get this message:

True.. I did delete my post because I knew I was going to have an issue with the site and I didn't want any of my comments reflecting this.. However.. Now I'm branded a "Trouble Marker"?? Mind you I've been with that site since 09 and now they are starting to crack down sort of speak.. so what took them so long enough to deciding if they would even make a comment in reference to my thumbs up or down..
Again I sent them another message indicating:

I don't understand their logic here.. ban if I use the thumbs up/down and clearly users can like or thumbs up post at most sites.. I guess "Magnet Paints" didn't care for my publicly posting of a thumbs down in their topic area..
This same thing happen at an alternate forum.. but this time they claimed I was spamming topics by using my thumbs up/down just so users could see my signature.. again this all bowls down to.. "IF" your allowed to post/create a signature and IF your allowed to post thumbs up/down then why are we getting banned.. They give you free right to use these options.. yet when you do.. your banned.. doesn't make sense..
is magnet paint a sponsor?
Did they start one thread with a shit-ton of pics?
Did they start multiple threads with the same topic?

post #25 of 61 Old 04-02-2014, 06:20 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

FWIW, Stub, i'd like to see your breasts too...

OP, we have all gotten the shit end of the stick here once or twice, it's how you handle it that will determine how much you enjoy your time here.

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode