Problem with KMD garage. I dont know what else to do - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 03-27-2014, 07:30 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Problem with KMD garage. I dont know what else to do

As much as I hate to do this I have to say something.
On jan 10 I ordered 4 sets of lights from him

Long story short after several attempts at communication I have neither my money or my lights.

I was told several times that they would ship next week.
I understand that his wife had a baby and delays in receiving the product in from china but I think a reasonable amount of time has passed. in addition my last several attempts at finding out what has happened or if i can get a refund have ended with him seeing it and never responding. Im fed up. I want my lights or a refund. Its sad if his business is in such a bad way that he cant refund or ship 160 bucks. So right now 2 of my friends are asking me for their money back because 2 of those light sets were going to them.

Quote:

after this I went back to jko and found were he had posted his number and apologized for delays. once he figured out who i was he stopped responding again. I dont know why im getting black balled but hopefully we can get this resolved.
I truly hate having to resort to this but Iam out of options short of flying to california for a face to face.

Im really frustrated with this. Ive sent lots of people his way and this isnt the first order ive placed with him.
Any suggestions for getting this sorted out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 03-27-2014, 08:22 AM
JKO Addict!

Cant PayPal handle this for you?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 31 Old 03-27-2014, 08:28 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

They used to be a vendor on here. Pretty shitty business dealings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 Old 03-27-2014, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

i was too understanding and they only allow problems within the first 45 days. Im outside the window that they will help
post #5 of 31 Old 03-27-2014, 08:35 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Wow, this really sucks. I have had a couple of people PM me about KMD in the last month asking about orders and if he was still in business. I hope he gets all of this sorted out for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #6 of 31 Old 03-27-2014, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

post #7 of 31 Old 03-27-2014, 09:59 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Not sure what his deal is with PayPal...I bought a set of lights from him about a year ago and they didn't work out for my application due to the bracket. They were advertised as money back guarantee if not happy. He took them back, I shipped them on my dime, and paypal'd me back my money rather quickly. Not sure what has changed.

Hope you gets your money back to you soon Oscar.

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 31 Old 03-31-2014, 06:27 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

still no refund
post #9 of 31 Old 03-31-2014, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

apparently im not the only one having problems. and now the kmd garage facebook page is down.

and the web page is down as well
post #10 of 31 Old 03-31-2014, 08:48 AM
JKO Addict!

Wow. Not sure what all of the issues are on their end, but seems like several people on Pirate are in the same boat that you are.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/light...l#post24760826

And now both their website and FB page are down?

AMP

AMP

'07 JKUR, Steel Blue, Spun Main Bearing Mod @ 46k miles
My new engine is a four letter word ..............
post #11 of 31 Old 03-31-2014, 01:11 PM
JKO Addict!

Looks like KMD did the same thing on a Taco forum group buy ........... and after over six months people still don't have lights or a refund.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...uy-2-a-27.html

I am actually surprised that the pitchforks haven't come out on Pirate yet.

Sorry for your luck, Oscar. Not sure what recourse you have left, since KMD seems to stop visiting forums once this kind of thing happens.

AMP

AMP

'07 JKUR, Steel Blue, Spun Main Bearing Mod @ 46k miles
My new engine is a four letter word ..............
post #12 of 31 Old 04-01-2014, 06:05 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

It got me blocked but it seems to have gotten this douche bags attention.

so in theory in 1-2 business days i will have my money back. unless his card gets declined or some bull shit to that effect.

didnt like the way i had to do it but it worked.
post #13 of 31 Old 04-01-2014, 06:23 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Sometimes when a snowball starts, it's impossible to stop it until it hits bottom and blows up. He was burying his head in the sand, no doubt, but dragging the guys Wife into your attack was pretty lame. Just my take on it. You can be mad at him all you want.

Quote:
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
post #14 of 31 Old 04-01-2014, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

you are aloud to have your opinion and i am aloud to disagree. her name is listed as a principal party in kmd according to what ive found on the internet. thats what you get when you start a husband and wife business. so when the point of contact no longer answers phone calls, texts, emails, and messages to both the business account and to his personal account then takes down the website and the facebook page and makes no effort to contact the people he is screwing out of money and time what do you expect me to do? He never apologized or reopened the facebook page. now i know you two must be friends but i dont care how bad things get. it takes 3 fucking seconds to send an email. this is not a way to operate a business.
post #15 of 31 Old 04-01-2014, 10:41 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar the grouch View Post
you are aloud to have your opinion and i am aloud to disagree. her name is listed as a principal party in kmd according to what ive found on the internet. thats what you get when you start a husband and wife business. so when the point of contact no longer answers phone calls, texts, emails, and messages to both the business account and to his personal account then takes down the website and the facebook page and makes no effort to contact the people he is screwing out of money and time what do you expect me to do? He never apologized or reopened the facebook page. now i know you two must be friends but i dont care how bad things get. it takes 3 fucking seconds to send an email. this is not a way to operate a business.
What you don't seem to get is that regardless of circumstance, family is off limits, especially Wife and Kids. Did she ever respond to any of your posts? Nope. She probably doesn't even know the extent of what is going on. We have an unspoken rule around here about family being off limits. Learn it, live it, love it, or GTFO.

By the way, let me teach you how to be an adult. If you want to buy shit using PayPal or directly on the internet, use a credit card from a reputable bank. That way you can file a claim and be reimbursed directly right away and let the bank go after him for his business practices instead of being a whiney vag on here. What do you think JKO is going to do? He isn't even a vendor on here anymore. He took his site down. He isn't selling online anymore, what else do you want the internet to do for you? Take some personal responsibility for making a judgement error in how you handled your personal finances instead of getting personal with someone who also made an error in business practice. Learn from the mistake and avoid stooping to even lower levels to prove a point. I hope you get your money back, honestly. I don't appreciate or understand this internet flaming shit when you are partially to blame for not protecting yourself.

Quote:
post #16 of 31 Old 04-01-2014, 11:59 AM
Rock God

Oscar, if the wife's name is on a business and that business owes you money then you have absolutely every right to contact her as long as its done in a reasonable manner.

KMD Garage was a vendor on here at the time and you have every right to notify us of problems after a reasonable effort to resolve the issue privately. I hate seeing people blast vendors/companies without giving them a reasonable opportunity to make things right. You made that effort.

I was very seriously considering getting the fog light set up once he had a plug and play version ready, so, thank you for saving me and probably several others money and a lot of headache.

2007 Rubi Unlimited. Teraflex 2.5 lift + Fox shocks, Nitto Trail Grappler 35s on XD Addicts, 5.38s, Ten Factory rear shafts, Riddler diff covers, Purejeep front axle truss and Teraflex gussets, Tatton front driveline, Rugged Ridge Modular front bumper with XRC8 Comp winch, Superchips programmer, Volant intake, MBRP exhaust, Hella H4 headlight conversion, Body Armor "not so Extreme" Rock Rails, in-cab winch control,Best Top Trek Top.-Sold
post #17 of 31 Old 04-01-2014, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Thanks jrider. I appreciate the support.

Jkatz its obvious that he is your pal. So I'm not gonna argue with ya. I can appreciate standing up for your friends. You really don't need to attack me personally. I didn't do that to you.
post #18 of 31 Old 04-01-2014, 05:24 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar the grouch View Post
Thanks jrider. I appreciate the support.

Jkatz its obvious that he is your pal. So I'm not gonna argue with ya. I can appreciate standing up for your friends. You really don't need to attack me personally. I didn't do that to you.
How is giving you sage financial advice attacking you, I was merely pointing out that you chose to inherit a risk that you didn't need to... You're trying to drag a forum into a situation that could easily have been circumvented regardless of his actions. I am not defending my "buddy", I am pointing out that both parties made mistakes. You have a responsibility to protect yourself and not assume everyone has your best interest in mind, cause you know what? They don't.

Quote:
post #19 of 31 Old 04-01-2014, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Wow. You make alot of assumptions. First off I did have myself protected. Using paypal Problem was at the 45 day mark I contacted the Robert and asked. He said he just got them in and it was shipping out. He lied to me. Guess my problem is believing people.

And implying that I am not an adult is a personal attack. That wasn't necessary and I would not do that to you so please refrain from it towards me. And I still fail to see why you are so set on defending bad customer service from a person who was a vendor on here at the time of purchase.

But you've made your point. Its time for you to move on. Thank-you for the advice next time ill try and remember that :thumbup:
post #20 of 31 Old 04-01-2014, 07:11 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrider View Post
Oscar, if the wife's name is on a business and that business owes you money then you have absolutely every right to contact her as long as its done in a reasonable manner.

KMD Garage was a vendor on here at the time and you have every right to notify us of problems after a reasonable effort to resolve the issue privately. I hate seeing people blast vendors/companies without giving them a reasonable opportunity to make things right. You made that effort.

I was very seriously considering getting the fog light set up once he had a plug and play version ready, so, thank you for saving me and probably several others money and a lot of headache.
I don't think she argued when he was bringing in the dough and not shipping out product.

You are warranted in your actions to call her out too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #21 of 31 Old 04-02-2014, 06:50 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
What you don't seem to get is that regardless of circumstance, family is off limits, especially Wife and Kids. Did she ever respond to any of your posts? Nope. She probably doesn't even know the extent of what is going on. We have an unspoken rule around here about family being off limits. Learn it, live it, love it, or GTFO.

By the way, let me teach you how to be an adult. If you want to buy shit using PayPal or directly on the internet, use a credit card from a reputable bank. That way you can file a claim and be reimbursed directly right away and let the bank go after him for his business practices instead of being a whiney vag on here. What do you think JKO is going to do? He isn't even a vendor on here anymore. He took his site down. He isn't selling online anymore, what else do you want the internet to do for you? Take some personal responsibility for making a judgement error in how you handled your personal finances instead of getting personal with someone who also made an error in business practice. Learn from the mistake and avoid stooping to even lower levels to prove a point. I hope you get your money back, honestly. I don't appreciate or understand this internet flaming shit when you are partially to blame for not protecting yourself.
Your 100% right about wife and kids being off limits.

However if wife=shady business partner fuck her too. Oh and if the "kids" are working for dad by chance they are old enough fuck em all

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

www.4x4s-pod.com
post #22 of 31 Old 04-02-2014, 07:02 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

I agree, if she piped up and posted here, or responded to the e-mails, etc. Then fair game.

But let's be brutally honest, many a dude won't even admit to his wife he just bought new parts for his Jeep, let alone "Hey honey, I am letting our business fail and we're totally fucked!". I sincerely doubt his Wife knows the extent of the problems he is experiencing, well, now she probably does since she was tagged in Oscar's attack on them both. I have known couples who run a business together and the Wife usually handles all things social media and e-mail. Robert's Wife never once corresponded with me in any way, which tells me she isn't involved in the business other than being named in ownership. That means nothing in my mind.

As far as anyone thinking they're protected by PayPal alone... Good luck with that.

Quote:
post #23 of 31 Old 04-02-2014, 02:00 PM
Granite Guru

I must've missed where the OP threatened or did anything out of line towards dudes wife. As a matter of fact tagging her in the pics seemed to be the catalyst for KMD to finally respond, so IMO job well done Oscar.
post #24 of 31 Old 04-03-2014, 05:52 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

yeah. all i did was add the two names to a FB post that doesn't exist anymore.

and i finally received my money. so i guess that the tactic worked.
post #25 of 31 Old 04-22-2014, 07:33 PM
Wheeler

Garage

You're not the only one Oscar, my order from Feb 6th is hanging in limbo too. I will be contacting Paypal tomorrow to see what I can do.

Best of luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode