Truckaddons.com Return Department is TERRIBLE - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 02-26-2014, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thumbs down Truckaddons.com Return Department is TERRIBLE

Tuckaddons.com's return customer service is TERRIBLE. I'm STILL trying to get a part returned. It's been a huge series of screwups on their part and I'm really pissed off about it. The icing on the cake is that I couldn't even get through on their phones this morning.

I recommend NOT ordering anything from them.

-Ordered Jan 29th, They sent the wrong part

-Return started February 11th, They screwed up how it was to be returned.

NO EMAIL OR PHONE CONTACT FOR 8 DAYS

-February 20th, I called numerous times and finally got the guy on the phone that is responsible for this mess. New return started.

-February 26th, They screwed up YET AGAIN and got my zip code wrong, so the call tag was sent to a completely different city.

It's NOT MY FUCKING JOB to babysit this fucking bullshit return process!

I paid for something, and I want the correct thing. I wasted HOURS of my time doing half the legwork to get this right and the wrong part is STILL sitting on my shelf.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 02-27-2014, 04:46 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

You do know that jeep add ons is a vendor on here? They have the same phone number. Bad thing is that there were last on on the 20th of Feb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #3 of 18 Old 02-27-2014, 07:30 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I guess I knew they are a vendor since I replied to one of their topics. Are you saying I should PM them? Is them logging on last on the 20th a short time or a long time?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 02-27-2014, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeJerk View Post
I guess I knew they are a vendor since I replied to one of their topics. Are you saying I should PM them? Is them logging on last on the 20th a short time or a long time?
I don't know if it is a long term or short term. I think I read that Chris is not with them anymore. I would pm them just in case.

Quote:
Quote:
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #5 of 18 Old 02-27-2014, 02:43 PM

Registered just to corroborate what your experience was...heres mine:

i ordered a set from Scott in early January (paid via Paypal). Shipped the wrong part# for my truck. TruckAddons authorized a return direct to manufacturer and stated they would refund my paypal once the manufacturer received the part. Weathertech received it 1/28/14 and now I cant get a response from anyone at truckaddons.com (scott doesnt use PM and their phone is broken).

They 1-800 number is busy, their returns department wont respond (Randy Foley [email protected]) and Paypal states its not a disputable payment.

So it appears they ripped me off.

The person I dealt with (scott) is also no longer with the company i believe.
post #6 of 18 Old 02-28-2014, 10:18 PM
Granite Guru

truck add ons and jeep add ons

Ordered an engo winch, snatch block, wireless remote, neoprene cover, and tree saver a couple weeks ago. Got everything but the tree saver, now no email replies and the phone numbers don't work. Good deals, but something is up with their company. I'd avoid them.
post #7 of 18 Old 03-01-2014, 01:15 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I think I saw a post that said chris left the company.

River City Offroad
Metal Cloak
post #8 of 18 Old 03-01-2014, 09:25 PM
Granite Guru

I have pm'd him, but according to them when I ordered, he isn't with them. I sent another email saying I was going to call my CC company thinking that would do something, no response. prices are good and most of my order was fine so i'm not too bothered by the whole thing but still, very weird.
post #9 of 18 Old 03-02-2014, 03:37 AM

Wow 2 dirty laundry posts about this company in less than a week.

Quote:
Quote:
post #10 of 18 Old 03-02-2014, 06:11 AM
Granite Guru

Dispute the charge with your CC and move on. Lots of issues with that company. They have operated under several names.
post #11 of 18 Old 03-03-2014, 03:08 PM

I ordered an LOD bumper from these guys a few weeks ago. No returned emails and their phone seems to be off the hook with a busy signal. On another forum, someone said they let their entire staff go and the company is no longer in business as of today. Did I just get the royal screwjob?
post #12 of 18 Old 03-06-2014, 12:15 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Yikes, i was looking at their website today and thinking about ordering some shiat.

I think this thing is finally coming together. Still Needed: drive shafts, frame mount rails...then done son! For a while...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 18 Old 03-06-2014, 04:41 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee1669 View Post
Yikes, i was looking at their website today and thinking about ordering some shiat.
I can give you the same deal. Give me your money and I will kick you in the nuts.

2013 JKUR
post #14 of 18 Old 03-07-2014, 03:14 AM
Rock God

As mentioned earlier in the thread, I haven't been with that company for a while now. I was let go in early January. Yes, they did go out of business, closed the retail store, etc on Feb 24th.

I logged on here on Feb 20th to answer a few PMs and direct some people on where to buy some products while letting them know I was no longer with the company. Popped onto the EJS thread as well to see what JKO has going on for Moab.

On my side of things, I was actually concerned about reputation and service and feel like I built a pretty good thing as far as JAO goes. You guys know I would bend over backwards to help out with anything I could.

With anyone that has an issue, file a chargeback with your credit card. No one will be answering phones and at this point, that is the only recourse available.

I'm very TRULY sorry to anyone that has ever had a problem with the company that ordered things based off what I've posted here and based on the reputation I've tried to build over the years. Everything I did was based on my experiences as an enthusiast on the customer side of things. Treat people as you would want to be treated. Offer fair deals. Offer tech knowledge, not just sell parts with no experience. However, I didn't run the parent company and I would have done things differently at that level.

I'll be back in the industry soon and running things on the offroad side and will be running a shop/store as well with the backing of a very well respected company. Things will be done the way they should be and the people will know products. I will demand no less.

Jasumi, shoot me your name in a PM. I'm still in contact with the folks at LOD. I can find out about your order even though I'm not with the company that you ordered the part from anymore.

cadeucsb, PayPal's protection is more consumer friendly than business friendly. If you have tracking info from where it was sent to you and then tracking for the RGA where it shows it was returned, then those funds should be returned to you. A non-response from a business during a PayPal dispute automatically freezes those funds. If there's other details, please get in touch. I may be able to help.

LeJerk, yours is a tough one I don't think there's anyway to resolve it outside of your card company. Go ahead and do a chargeback. Same thing should apply with the card as with PayPal. If the seller doesn't respond after 10 days, funds are frozen and reversed along with being charged a chargeback fee.

EDIT: LeJerk, was it in regards to a mount? I don't want to name the manufacturer since they're a good one and don't want to see them associated with anything in DL. If so, I still may be able to help. I just saw the PM you sent asking about a product in Jan. If it's that same thing, I'm very close with that company as well and can get you taken care of at least on the product side of things.
post #15 of 18 Old 03-08-2014, 02:11 AM
Rock God

From what I can tell, before they shut down they disabled the ability to add anything to the cart and checkout.
post #16 of 18 Old 03-08-2014, 08:32 PM
Rock God

Chris good luck, you were great to deal with. Looking forward to seeing where you land next.
post #17 of 18 Old 03-09-2014, 03:40 AM
JKowners Vendor

LeJerk - Gotcha taken care of buddy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Got LED's? You need mounts! Come check us out as well as our armor, lighting, and off road accessory needs. New products in the near future!
post #18 of 18 Old 03-15-2014, 09:35 AM
JKowners Vendor

Chris you were a stand up guy. sounds like you will be catching on somewhere else. Let us know where you end up.

Im really surprised truckaddons when under. there seems to be a lot of business and they had a pretty good setup. Must have been miss management

your offroad connection to the best southern off road Jeep parts in Alabama
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode