WTF 4WD.com - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 Old 10-09-2009, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

WTF 4WD.com

Ok so I get this email about 25% off and free delivery.... cool

add winch to cart, enter code OCT10 and the results

reg price plus $19 handling fee WTF? the code works on nothing but it says redeemed

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 10-09-2009, 04:49 PM
Rock God

Not cool. That's a good way to make a bunch of wheelers mad.
post #3 of 32 Old 10-09-2009, 04:57 PM
JKO Addict!

must be the "MONSTER" promo code
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 Old 10-09-2009, 05:18 PM
JKowners Vendor

no comment, been there done that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The best beer cooler in the world will always be the edge of your favorite river."
post #5 of 32 Old 10-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Granite Guru

There's fine print somewhere that says winches are excluded. I had the same thing happen last year when I wanted to buy my winch. They apparently would much rather give you a discount on something not very expensive.
post #6 of 32 Old 10-09-2009, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

I tried it on a few different things.... same result. the winch had the surchage though

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
post #7 of 32 Old 10-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Rock God

I was checking out stuff on 4wd ... it seems the only way to get free shipping is to have the item shipped to a local 4 Wheel Parts store and pick it up ...

2009 JK - 2DR - 6SPD - 1/2 Doors
4.88 G2 Gears / Warn XD9000i / Custom bumpers & Swing Gate
XRC Rock Rails / 35" Kumho's on Black Rock Vipers
2.5" Mutt Lift / Rubicon T-Case / E-DISCO / VIAIR OBA
Rear CV Driveshaft / Rear Detroit Locker / Front Aussie
Teraflex Sleeves / Gussets / Nitro Chromoly Axles
post #8 of 32 Old 10-09-2009, 07:06 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Have you checked shipping without the promo code? I went through a similar situation with Jegs. I bought a torque converter for 100+ dollars. The shipping was free but there was still a "handling" charge because it was heavy. Normally they would have have charged shipping & handling.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #9 of 32 Old 10-09-2009, 07:26 PM
JKO Addict!

So of the 'shipping and handling' they still charge for the handling?
post #10 of 32 Old 10-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Rock God

yea. i noticed the 25% is not coming off items.

but if they get it working, 25% off PLUS free shipping-----HELL YEA!

2012 ARCTIC
SILVER. 2 DOOR.
IN SERVICE 12/17/11
post #11 of 32 Old 10-09-2009, 08:04 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmhines View Post
I was checking out stuff on 4wd ... it seems the only way to get free shipping is to have the item shipped to a local 4 Wheel Parts store and pick it up ...
When I ordered my Windshield Light Mount Brackets from these guys, I did the in store pick up. Well, it took me about 2 weeks to get them, because they got shipped to Orlando, from California, in a truck that must have stopped at every 4 Wheel Parts store from there to here. The wait sucked. I ended up ordering another set from somewhere else, shipped ground, and had the lights mounted and wired a week before the brackets arrived from 4 W.P.'s.

If you are lucky, they might have the parts available in your local store, then it would be a good deal!

'08 X Jeep Green
Teraflex 2.5" BB
Daystar 1" Body Lift
Rugged Ridge XHD Bumpers Front and Back
315/75/16 Wrangler MT/R's with Kevlar
Procomp soft 8's
Hypertech Programmer
post #12 of 32 Old 10-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Rock God

ok. it is now working!

2012 ARCTIC
SILVER. 2 DOOR.
IN SERVICE 12/17/11
post #13 of 32 Old 10-09-2009, 08:18 PM
JKO Addict!

the "up to 25% off" is annoying. $6 off staun deflators, yippee....

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #14 of 32 Old 10-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Rock God

Garage

I love when they do that:

up to 25% off* entire stock

*does not include any product in our store

Joe -
-
-
-
post #15 of 32 Old 10-09-2009, 09:19 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmaverse View Post
I love when they do that:

up to 25% off* entire stock

*does not include any product in our store
lol

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #16 of 32 Old 10-10-2009, 05:32 AM
Granite Guru

Aren't they the same retailers who push buy 3 get one free procomp tires, but at higher than regular everyday prices?

07 Rubi Unlimited , 4.5 clayton longarm, 37" Maxxis treps, AtoZ fabrication, Genright, and Polyperformance
post #17 of 32 Old 10-10-2009, 07:22 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

one and the same

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
post #18 of 32 Old 10-10-2009, 07:53 AM
JKO Addict!

Never again with these guys. They never call when stuff comes in. They order the wrong piece every damn time. This time my Tuffy Mygig cover that was suppose to be here in '5 days' is not here going on 4 weeks.
post #19 of 32 Old 10-10-2009, 08:43 AM
Rock God

I tried ordering my CB antenna and mount from them. They said it would take a week for them to get it and I'd have to drive to Jacksonville to pick it up. I just had it ordered it from Quadratec and got it in two days for $15.

Top it off they have never installed a CB radio. ??? It's a common device 4 wheelers use. How the hell could they have never run wire for a CB? I don't just because I know I'll screw up electronics if I do it.

jk-forum, jk-forum.com jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler
post #20 of 32 Old 10-10-2009, 01:01 PM
Granite Guru

Just called them to verify the B**** email. Rep said you just have to add what you want to the cart and apply the coupon to see what gets "up to 25% off"...Well nothing did. Kind of a PITA and quite shatty marketing. Intersting way around bait and switch...

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." A.Einstein
post #21 of 32 Old 10-10-2009, 08:26 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

order through a shop and they will give you the discount as they did with me anyhow but maybe that is just because the shop manager is cool as ****!

post #22 of 32 Old 10-10-2009, 08:37 PM
Rock God

i just got a good deal on a lift with them - but i had to go to the store. every time i've talked to them the guys at the store have told me specifically NOT to order online, but to come into the store and talk with them - and they're all super nice. i get the impression they don't care for some of the antics either
post #23 of 32 Old 10-11-2009, 02:09 PM
Granite Guru

I just ordered some Bilstein shocks. I used the "monster" code and got 25% off and free shipping. Seemed to work fine for me.
post #24 of 32 Old 10-15-2009, 05:59 PM
Wheeler

Best deal on your winch may be winchdepot.com they had good prices when I was looking last year.
I can offer you all one bit of advice for dealing with 4wd.com add code ju4wddis1 and get an extra 5% off on most things. I've dealt with them a few times and had good luck, once they did have a problem with a bumper not being available and they helped me find a suitable replacement and they covered the extra $100 in cost to compensate me for my time.

In the end if things aren't going right make sure if your getting upset about something that you empathize with the person trying to help you. If you can express yourself without taking it out on them you may find that they can do a lot more for someone they feel was wronged than a guy screaming and pissed off at them.

I've had good experiances with most of the big players, just put their rep in your shoes and ask them if there is anything they can do to help.

Doesn't seem like anything I need is ever on the full 25% off... Someone point me to a nice set of 5 - 35's so I can be ready for snow...
post #25 of 32 Old 10-15-2009, 06:10 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_k View Post
Best deal on your winch may be winchdepot.com they had good prices when I was looking last year.
I can offer you all one bit of advice for dealing with 4wd.com add code ju4wddis1 and get an extra 5% off on most things. I've dealt with them a few times and had good luck, once they did have a problem with a bumper not being available and they helped me find a suitable replacement and they covered the extra $100 in cost to compensate me for my time.

In the end if things aren't going right make sure if your getting upset about something that you empathize with the person trying to help you. If you can express yourself without taking it out on them you may find that they can do a lot more for someone they feel was wronged than a guy screaming and pissed off at them.

I've had good experiances with most of the big players, just put their rep in your shoes and ask them if there is anything they can do to help.

Doesn't seem like anything I need is ever on the full 25% off... Someone point me to a nice set of 5 - 35's so I can be ready for snow...
I completely agree I have worked in sales and customer service for 12 years now and I never give anything to someone who is going to be rude to someone who is trying to help, be nice and understanding and you will be rewarded in whatever means I can work and still keep my job.

as far as 35's for snow the goodyear duratrac tire has been getting great reviews especially for snow and because it can be studded.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode