Disrespect.......that's what I hate about the JK - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 121 Old 10-06-2009, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Disrespect.......that's what I hate about the JK

Really makes me ill the lack of respect the JK gets. It doesn't matter how well the JKs perform to that the folks I ride with who are TJ owners, the majority of them just won't give credit where it's due. This is regardless of the fact more times than not the JK just handled the trail with much greater ease than a comparably equipped (driver included) TJ. Any of you experience this?

Jeepless until:.....:....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 121 Old 10-06-2009, 08:12 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeknowit View Post
Really makes me ill the lack of respect the JK gets. It doesn't matter how well the JKs perform to that the folks I ride with who are TJ owners, the majority of them just won't give credit where it's due. This is regardless of the fact more times than not the JK just handled the trail with much greater ease than a comparably equipped (driver included) TJ. Any of you experience this?
I've actually only ever received compliments from TJ, CJ, LJ, XJ, YJ (etc etc.) owners.

They comment on while it's the size of a school bus it looks great and runs great. Maybe you should find new people to hit trails with?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Established April 1, 1983-
No dues, No rules, No President
ALL FUN!
post #3 of 121 Old 10-06-2009, 08:32 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUN LS1 View Post
I've actually only ever received compliments from TJ, CJ, LJ, XJ, YJ (etc etc.) owners.

They comment on while it's the size of a school bus it looks great and runs great. Maybe you should find new people to hit trails with?
Here, too. I've gone on a couple of runs where I was the only JK. I got nothing but props from the other guys. They really liked the interior, and they thought the dash was a major upgrade. They were also impressed that I could go wherever they went, too (not that the trails were incredibly hard or anything).

Vidi, vici, veni
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 121 Old 10-06-2009, 08:50 AM
Rock God

When I first arrived in my little town in NorNV, NONE of the other jeeps would return my waves

"Do unto others as you would" oh you know the drill

So I kept waving, now Most of the "Jeep type" wave first as I go by in my JK RUBI

Even had a lifted/37's, CJ pull(kinda) over on a trail in NorCal, as I came back from where he was going and gave me the "thumbs up" sign and said "NICE JEEP"

It only gets better

JIMBO

Man, you gotta have style

"YELLOW JEEP No. 683"
post #5 of 121 Old 10-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Rock God

I waved at a YJ in my neighborhood one day and he just rolled his eyes at me.

The YJ was on a body lift, 33s and had a D35 in the back.(and teal)

Guess it was a more serious rig than my Rubi.

post #6 of 121 Old 10-06-2009, 08:56 AM
Granite Guru

They are just jealous........wait till you put those 37's on and see the jealousy.

Or maybe, they are trying to get rid of you, are you an assh*le on the trail

more wagging, less barking
post #7 of 121 Old 10-06-2009, 08:57 AM
Banned

Man that's typical jeeper crap. Take the ribbing and keep on going. It's actually a form of respect. Willys guys did it to CJ owners. CJ owners did it to YJ owners. YJ owners did it to TJ owners. And they're doing it to you. At least you're not driving a grocery getter (XJ) lol and your headlights arent square!

Guys in my club call my Jeep "the minivan." Hell, that's what I call it now lol. One guy in my club was recently making fun of my minivan engine. This dumbass drives a TJ w/ a 4 cylinder! I told him "yeah we cant all have Honda CRX engines."

When the next Jeep model comes out - you'll get your chance to haze them as well lol. It's all good natured.

post #8 of 121 Old 10-06-2009, 09:11 AM
Granite Guru

Send a message via MSN to VEGASSMAN Send a message via Yahoo to VEGASSMAN

Ya...I was getting out of the Jeep one day at work when one of our engineers was getting out of his car and said to me, "Four doors on a Jeep is just wrong." I asked why he thought so, pondering as he was manually locking the doors on his Altima. He said he used to have a CJ with a Chevy small block that could go anywhere.

I simply said that I never liked Jeeps at all until the 4 doors came out, and since I've had mine, it's been the best vehicle I've ever owned. And running open diffs on a 2" budget boost and 35s, I've gone everywhere any other Jeep has gone on every trail I've been on...including easily scaling a steep loose rock ascent while a CJ had to run WOT to keep up....Jason (FunLS1) was there for that one...he made that climb easy on stock lift and tires.

I think they're just jealous because I have power windows and locks.
post #9 of 121 Old 10-06-2009, 09:12 AM
Heat'n and a beat'n...

I never really hear much crap from owners of older jeeps. Ive found that my jeep has less problems over obstacles than comparably equiped tj's or cj's.

corey d

corey d
2008 JEEP...
post #10 of 121 Old 10-06-2009, 09:32 AM
Rock God

Garage

Mine's got 2 names: BBB (Big Blue Bus), and the Caddy. While most had negative opinions to the JK when I arrived EVERYBODY I wheeled with was amazed that I could keep up in a unlocked stock Sahara, driving through areas that they themselves were getting stuck in.

I almost always have at least one rider with me when I'm wheeling... 95*, top down, and the AC on.... and I dont have to stop every 10 minutes because my engines overheating.

Joe -
-
-
-
post #11 of 121 Old 10-06-2009, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

I have seen lots of YJ, TJ, and JK guys that smile and wave.......and I have seen just as many that don't.I have seen some particular trends however:

*Whether in a YJ, TJ, or JK.......most lifted Jeep guys will smile and wave.

*Whether in a YJ, TJ, or JK.......most stock Jeep guys will ignore me.

*Most stock JK guys (especially Unlimiteds).......ignore mine.

*Most "small-town redneck full-size 4x4 truck guys"......ignore mine.

*Almost all women driving Jeeps (YJ's, TJ's, JK's).......ignore mine (probably cause I wave at them while grabbing my crotch and licking my lips......not sure).

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #12 of 121 Old 10-06-2009, 09:43 AM
Granite Guru

Send a message via MSN to VEGASSMAN Send a message via Yahoo to VEGASSMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post

*Almost all women driving Jeeps (YJ's, TJ's, JK's).......ignore mine (probably cause I wave at them while grabbing my crotch and licking my lips......not sure).
Well played!

I concur...I think anyone driving a bone stock Jeep of any model, for the most part, has no appreciation for the capabilities and the comradery of the Jeep culture...hence, no wave. I sometimes get the "who the f*** are you?" look. Cracks me up.
post #13 of 121 Old 10-06-2009, 09:44 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Gee, you think they would like that.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #14 of 121 Old 10-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Rock God

Anything but Willys is johnny-come-lately!

I don't care who disses my JK. I do my talking on the trails. Mostly stock and it Rocks the Rockies!

2009 JK Rubicon Unlimited. Rock Hard skids, Skidrow Control Arm Skids, Shrockworks bumpers. Pro Comp 2" Puck Lift.
post #15 of 121 Old 10-06-2009, 10:17 AM
Rock God

Send a message via Skype™ to rage344

i have gone out with a few guys in tjs and they all hate me as im the newest to the whole culture and yet stuff they cant do the jk just walks over it

Riverraider Rubicon 2 door (under construction)
[QUOTE=priell3;158092] you have the old style with dirty balls.QUOTE]
post #16 of 121 Old 10-06-2009, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

We were out about a month ago and one guy with a TJ that absolutely flexes like mad was having a tough go at the end of a trail. He has 36" Iroks, locked f&r, stick shift, etc.....He finally prevailed without pulling cable but then another friend in a 4dr JK Rubi on 35's went up with no trouble in a tenth of the time.......still no props from the TJ owner. We'll see next weekend because the 37's will be on and we will be in the group with said TJ owner and we're running nothing but trails rated at 4's and 5's.

Jeepless until:.....:....
post #17 of 121 Old 10-06-2009, 10:55 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

The longer wheel base is almost always going to prevail in a steep climb, so a TJ guy shouldn't talk too much crap to a 4 door guy.

We all get along fine in our group, CJs, TJs, YJs, WJs, XZ's, JKs, old Toy truck, and a few things that used to be Jeeps or Chebby trucks. We just haze the nuts behind the wheel lol.

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.

Last edited by terrahawk; 10-06-2009 at 11:00 AM.
post #18 of 121 Old 10-06-2009, 11:05 AM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Liquor

i remember when i had my '02 TJ and went through the same thing. CJ and YJ didnt wave much. LOL

just wait till there is a new model. there have been a lot of changes with the JK. but sales prove it is a success. aftermarket sales are going good as well.

the JK is the best out the door wheeler than any other previous Jeep and its a fact not an opinion. when on the trails, let the JK speak for itself and the respect will follow

•
•
•
•
• Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:
•
•
•
•
•

Magazine Feature:

post #19 of 121 Old 10-06-2009, 11:08 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
the folks I ride with who are TJ owners, the majority of them just won't give credit where it's due.
It's because those paticular guys have what's called Penis Envy!
They're just jealous , hatin, no good non Jeep enthusiast's who give Jeepers a bad name! Although I have my preferences, a Fawkin Jeep is a Jeep!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FUN LS1 View Post
Maybe you should find new people to hit trails with?
I agree, who the fawk needs friends like them?!
Sure, there's hazing between Jeep owners but, when it's all said and done..we're "family"..at least that's what I thought it was about.

If not..

I Freakin' Love My JEEP!! Hey, you in the Hummer..

I Love and Miss You Brodude..RIP.
post #20 of 121 Old 10-06-2009, 11:32 AM
Rock God

The JK is a much better four wheeling platform then it's predecessors -- hands down. Don't get caught up in all the pissing contests that seem to overwhelm our hobby and feel comfortable in the fact that you're driving the best Wrangler that Jeep has ever offered.

Those that the beast is looking for...
Listen in awe and you will hear him...
BARK AT THE MOON!
post #21 of 121 Old 10-06-2009, 11:55 AM
Rock God

In my area almost everybody waves. I was talking to a guy with a YJ he said he didn't like the style of the JK esp the 4dr, but it is still a Jeep.

2008 Red Rock Sahara Unlimited (stock)

PAVED ROADS
A fine example of needless
government spending
post #22 of 121 Old 10-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Obviously your TJ buddies forget what it was like when it was the new platform and went to the coil springs. It will pass, though by now I don't really see much of this, the JK has obviously proven itself off-road, and made the platform more liveable on road and for family situations.

2007 Redrock X two door
Auto
Hardtop
D44 rear
17" Moab wheels
32" BFG M/Ts
Rubicon Rock Rails
Airaid intake
Infinity speakers
post #23 of 121 Old 10-06-2009, 01:02 PM
Rock God

I get **** from my TJ buddy every so often. Mostly that he has half doors and I still can't find a cheap set. Then I turn to him and say hey at least I've got a D44 rearend and I can hear the radio on the highway. He doesn't have his 8.8 yet in so it still works.

It's just a little hazing. We will get our chance when they make the new model.

jk-forum, jk-forum.com jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler
post #24 of 121 Old 10-06-2009, 01:15 PM
Rock God

Send a message via Skype™ to rage344

why wait i talk as much chit as is givin to me and i have no problem telling them that my jeep is better they just dont want to admit it

Riverraider Rubicon 2 door (under construction)
[QUOTE=priell3;158092] you have the old style with dirty balls.QUOTE]
post #25 of 121 Old 10-06-2009, 02:33 PM
JKO Addict!

I noticed that they get really pissed when you tell them it is just a stock jeep, so I made sure I said it often It was stock but now it is growing up We will see what they say now!

Last edited by Zack Massey; 10-06-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode