FedEx Nightmare Rant! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 09-30-2009, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!
 
JohnnyWalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Age: 44
Posts: 2,293
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to JohnnyWalker
FedEx Nightmare Rant!

No Sh*t there I was... I made my way to the local FedEx/UPS/USPS/sunglasses/greeting cards shop at the local strip mall to ship a tranny crossmember. I had gone previously to get a shipping quote and felt the employee there was competent enough to help me out. (she was smoking hot, too)
So I arrive at around 3:45 pm and there's a different employee working. (Even hotter than the last) She has no idea that I can ship this crossmember without a box or anything, like the previous one did. No problem, we call FedEx and talk to Neil who says I MUST have a box. I argue, but he said it's up to the station wether or not it can be done. I say that I find it hard to believe that FedEx has no policy about what needs to be in a box, and he rattles on about suitcases not needing one, but a piece of metal does. I concede and buy a box.
Now I'm trying to ship it to a Rural Route Box, as designated by RR in the address. Hot chick says she can't ship to PO boxes, and I tell her that don't befront me because this is going to a RR box. She insists on calling FedEx again, reads the customer service lady the address, and she says FedEx requires a 911 address! WTF? I nearly snatch the phone from hottie and tell her that this is a paypal confirmed address, which means that this person gets mail there. She tells me to F-off without really saying it and I am fuming. Anyway, after sweet teats helps other customers, I convince her to call FedEx back and someone familiar with their job tells her that they can ship it to RR boxes. I paid and left after 45 minutes in there. I realize that it might have gone differently had I gone to a "real" FedEx store, but that's across town. I'm sure I'd have been a lot more upset had the clerk not been so hot. Rant over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
Did you just search for "gay" or "halo" and bump those threads?
JohnnyWalker is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 Old 09-30-2009, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator
 
StubEXrube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Austin Texas
Posts: 15,337
Garage
Feedback: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyWalker View Post
.....(she was smoking hot, too).....(Even hotter than the last).....snatch.....hottie.....sweet teats.....so hot.
What was this rant about???

(Oh....and I sort of took the "snatch" out of context, but it seemed to fit the theme here.)

StubEXrube is offline  
post #3 of 15 Old 09-30-2009, 05:16 PM
JKO Addict!
 
jeeperjkj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Browns Mills, NJ
Age: 43
Posts: 6,233
Garage
Feedback: 7 reviews

Yeah, hot chicks make everything a little better.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jeeperjkj is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 15 Old 09-30-2009, 05:23 PM
JKO Addict!
 
Broncojohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Dallas, Texas
Age: 47
Posts: 2,521
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Good rant

It's right up there with the parts counter guy telling you the part doesn't exist because it not in the computer.

Obama, The greatest gun salesman since the invention of firearms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jscwerve View Post
This is exactly why we need to practice proper gun control.

If he was aiming down the sights correctly and had plenty of practice rounds under his belt, there would only be one side of this story.
Broncojohn is offline  
post #5 of 15 Old 09-30-2009, 05:36 PM
Rock God
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 38
Posts: 1,497
Feedback: 0 reviews

where's the "this thread is worthless without pics" smiley?
savage is offline  
post #6 of 15 Old 09-30-2009, 06:13 PM
Rock God
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SE Pennsylvania
Age: 56
Posts: 764
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperjkj View Post
Yeah, hot chicks make everything a little better.
Absolutely...I purposely will wait in the longest check out line if it is staffed by a hottie...no wonder my grocery shopping at Wegmans takes 3 hours...i spend half the time looking at the hot milfs and hot check out girls....gotta love Wegmans HR staff...

08 2dr X, Rock Krawler Arms and front truss, C Gussets, FT 3" Springs, JKS Trackbars & Discos, AEV Snorkel, Warn Front Bumper, Rancho Rear Bumper, 35" BFG KM2, Recon 10500 Winch, Synthetic Line, Coast Rear Shaft 1350, KC Slimlites, Cobra 75 CB
SEPA JK08 is offline  
post #7 of 15 Old 09-30-2009, 06:20 PM
JKO Addict!
 
GreenAmphibious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 2,715
Feedback: 0 reviews

so did hit that sh1t?

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
GreenAmphibious is offline  
post #8 of 15 Old 09-30-2009, 06:26 PM
Rock God
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Carrollton, TX
Age: 66
Posts: 573
Feedback: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jocrazy0

UPS is no better (at least from years ago). I left a company to join another for all the usual (better pay 7 working conditions), but the former company kept shipping me stuff (because bureaucracies move sloooooow). Anyway, the company sent me a package wrapped in brown paper (an inconsequential ream of paper of the inventory) and I thought I should send it back. I took it to the local UPS office (a real one, not a contractor) to return it. they wouldn't take it. Why not? because it was wrapped in brown paper. But YOU picked it up and shipped it to me like this and you WON'T ship it back the same way? Does that make any sense to you? I asked. Sorry, we cannot accept packages wrapped in brown paper. BUT YOU FREEKING DELIVERED IT TO ME THIS WAY! SEE? HERE IS THE OLD SHIPPING LABEL STILL STUCK ON THE PACKAGE! Sorry, we cannot accept packages wrapped in brown paper. Sigh.... there was a 30 gallon waste container behind the woman , so I took the listing and pitched it in the container. The look on her face was priceless.... and I walked out.

One thing I have come to learn is never argue with the clerks. The clerks have rules and they get paid to follow them. Arguing with the clerks just pisses off the clerks and gets you nowhere. When you run into a problem with the clerk, ask for the supervisor... then the next manager and so on.

2007 Rubicon, Graystone, Auto, Dual, Power, Tow,GENTEX autodim mirror,COOL TECH antenna mount&exhaust,CIBIE,HELLA TPMS,AEM CAI, Fuel Door, Grab Handles,Tuffy,Thule,Olympic,HESCO Supercharger, HID, RR XHD FB w/stinger,DRAKE hoodlatch with locks
1972 C104 Commando - Bone stock
jocrazy0 is offline  
post #9 of 15 Old 10-02-2009, 08:58 AM
Granite Guru
 
gt3073b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lakemoor, IL (northwest Chicago burbs)
Posts: 453
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocrazy0 View Post
One thing I have come to learn is never argue with the clerks. The clerks have rules and they get paid to follow them. Arguing with the clerks just pisses off the clerks and gets you nowhere. When you run into a problem with the clerk, ask for the supervisor... then the next manager and so on.
This is a pretty good rule to follow when dealing with anybody paid to do anything. If they don't have the power to make the rules, they don't have the power to break them. As soon as they start citing rules, escalate. Repeat as many times as necessary.

Bryan.

2007 JK Rubicon Unlimited Rescue Green 6 Speed
Mods Shrockworks Rails & Bumpers, Currie Lift, Tom Woods 1350 driveshafts, 35" Toyo M/Ts on ProComp 7028s
In Progress
To Do
gt3073b is offline  
post #10 of 15 Old 10-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Granite Guru
 
dodge8604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ft. Knox, Ky/Brooksville, Ky
Age: 33
Posts: 438
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
What was this rant about???

(Oh....and I sort of took the "snatch" out of context, but it seemed to fit the theme here.)

I LOL'ED IRL

08 JKU X - Flame Red w/ a few Doo Dads
dodge8604 is offline  
post #11 of 15 Old 10-03-2009, 10:51 AM
JKO Addict!
 
jaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wildomar
Posts: 2,599
Feedback: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocrazy0 View Post
UPS is no better (at least from years ago). I left a company to join another for all the usual (better pay 7 working conditions), but the former company kept shipping me stuff (because bureaucracies move sloooooow). Anyway, the company sent me a package wrapped in brown paper (an inconsequential ream of paper of the inventory) and I thought I should send it back. I took it to the local UPS office (a real one, not a contractor) to return it. they wouldn't take it. Why not? because it was wrapped in brown paper. But YOU picked it up and shipped it to me like this and you WON'T ship it back the same way? Does that make any sense to you? I asked. Sorry, we cannot accept packages wrapped in brown paper. BUT YOU FREEKING DELIVERED IT TO ME THIS WAY! SEE? HERE IS THE OLD SHIPPING LABEL STILL STUCK ON THE PACKAGE! Sorry, we cannot accept packages wrapped in brown paper. Sigh.... there was a 30 gallon waste container behind the woman , so I took the listing and pitched it in the container. The look on her face was priceless.... and I walked out.

One thing I have come to learn is never argue with the clerks. The clerks have rules and they get paid to follow them. Arguing with the clerks just pisses off the clerks and gets you nowhere. When you run into a problem with the clerk, ask for the supervisor... then the next manager and so on.
i am a driver for ups , the reason it got shipped to u in a brown paper is because the shipper sent it not ups , and in that case we dont tell a shipper u cant ship it because it is money , but when u take it to ups store they wont ship it because the paper comes off easy and gets damage and then ups has to pay for your package
jaker is offline  
post #12 of 15 Old 10-03-2009, 11:03 AM
Rock God
 
owtdorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ahwatukee, AZ
Age: 55
Posts: 1,340
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaker View Post
i am a driver for ups , the reason it got shipped to u in a brown paper is because the shipper sent it not ups , and in that case we dont tell a shipper u cant ship it because it is money , but when u take it to ups store they wont ship it because the paper comes off easy and gets damage and then ups has to pay for your package
DITTO
As well it could be covering a haz-mat label.
owtdorz is offline  
post #13 of 15 Old 10-05-2009, 03:35 PM
Granite Guru
 
zxqwertyxz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SE Indiana
Posts: 177
Feedback: 0 reviews
Pics

Pics would help. Certainly you snapped some....

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." A.Einstein
zxqwertyxz is offline  
post #14 of 15 Old 10-05-2009, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!
 
JohnnyWalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Age: 44
Posts: 2,293
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to JohnnyWalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxqwertyxz View Post
Pics would help. Certainly you snapped some....
Yeah, it crossed my mind to snap pics. I couldn't justify it because there was a 75% chance I would come out looking like an ass:

1. I snap a stealth pic, no one notices... WIN
2. I get caught snapping stealthy pic... Stalker
3. I ask for a cell phone pic and get denied... I'm too ugly
4. I ask for a cell phone pic and am allowed... I'm that "I take pictures of hot girls and like to make up stories about how I banged them on my Jeep Forum."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
Did you just search for "gay" or "halo" and bump those threads?
JohnnyWalker is offline  
post #15 of 15 Old 10-06-2009, 02:15 PM
Rock God
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 38
Posts: 1,497
Feedback: 0 reviews

#4 is not that bad, honestly.
savage is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome