Southern California Dealerships - WHAT GIVES? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 09-23-2009, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Southern California Dealerships - WHAT GIVES?

I took my roommate Jeep shopping yesterday - he's willing to sell his 2008 Shelby Cobra for a 2007/2008 Wrangler X.

We first get to Huntington Beach Jeep Chrysler and they have Z E R O used Wranglers on the lot. Well, that's helpful.

Next, we head to Cerritos Jeep... and that's where the fun begins.

I'd like to put everything into context before I begin. Jeep - you need to be moving vehicles. You just went through bankruptcy and R E A L L Y could stand to sell some cars!

We get there and out of the 20 or so new Wrangler Unlimited's they had, I think there was maybe one used one. That's fine, maybe they'll cut a deal on a new one? Let's find out.

Salesmen does his thing and we come across a few Jeeps in the color my roommate wants, but they have all kinds of MOPAR parts on them. 2" factory lifts, factory fog lights, factory bumpers, factory winch, factory side steps, all H O R R I B L Y overpriced. They wanted $1800 for a boring Jeep winch!!!! Hell my PowerPlant HP cost $1300!!

We then ask the salesman if he really wanted to sell a Jeep - tonight - he'd have all that crap pulled off, the price reduced to match the removed parts, and he could sell a Jeep right then and there. He said it can't be done.

"Go get a manager" we say.

He heads off, no manager appears. 20 minutes roll by.

Finally, a random guy, who turns out to be a manager, asks us if we'd been helped.

US: "Sort of, we were waiting for a manager."
MANAGER: "I'm a manager, how can I help you?"
US: "Ok, we will buy this brand new Wrangler right now if you remove all these overpriced parts."
MANAGER: "Can't do that."
US: "Why is that?"
MANAGER: "Because these parts come with the Jeep. We have a certain allottment we need to sell that come with these parts. There is a high demand for dressed up Jeeps like this with these parts!"
US: "No there isn't."
MANAGER: "Yes there is, this Jeep will be gone very quickly."

I think to myself: there is no demand for these Jeeps dressed up like this, if there was demand, it wouldn't be sitting here, it would have been sold by now!

He then walks away, never to be seen again.

My point is - how can you expect to sell a Wrangler X with so many overpriced parts that it now costs $37,000?! Remove the bumper, remove the winch, remove the fog lights, remove the side steps - all of which in the aftermarket world costs 1/3 as much!

JEEP - LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES! Sell cars, move cars, and don't sell parts for three times more than your competition does!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Established April 1, 1983-
No dues, No rules, No President
ALL FUN!

Last edited by FUN LS1; 09-23-2009 at 08:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 09-25-2009, 10:45 PM
Rock God

They'll end up being mall crawlers bought by people that have the money, like the look, and have no real idea what a Jeep can do. Just go over to the other site and look at the rigs and check their location ' '6" lift on 40's from Chicago' etc...
post #3 of 18 Old 09-25-2009, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

We went by that dealership today - haha - same Jeep was sitting in the showroom. Yea - lots of demand huh?!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ALL FUN!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 09-27-2009, 04:45 PM
Granite Guru

Ill trade him even....
post #5 of 18 Old 09-27-2009, 05:00 PM
JKO Addict!

thats pretty funny , i just got my jeep last month and my dealer had all stock jeep on the lot and one with parts on it
post #6 of 18 Old 09-27-2009, 07:43 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
They'll end up being mall crawlers bought by people that have the money, like the look, and have no real idea what a Jeep can do. Just go over to the other site and look at the rigs and check their location ' '6" lift on 40's from Chicago' etc...
what other forum?
post #7 of 18 Old 09-27-2009, 08:39 PM
Granite Guru

love my new jeep rubicon

just got mine 2010 rubicon unlimited was only able to get him down to 32565 with a 100k bumper to bumper warranty i have never left a dealership and felt good about it but i think i did alright i also had 2 trade ins that i got 5k for so i guess i am content i love my new jeep
post #8 of 18 Old 09-27-2009, 09:35 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
Talking

Did it look like this? We build Jeeps for everyones taste even mall crawlers. A dealer is not going to strip a Jeep as there is a big cost in labor involved. There are few Jeeps on lots and dealers are not going to order many as they may have restricted credit lines. We do not and we will have 130 Jk's in the next few weeks. We are selling them to everyone......

Name:  IMG_4577.JPG
Views: 5309
Size:  71.3 KB

Name:  IMG_4587.JPG
Views: 1482
Size:  111.5 KB

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #9 of 18 Old 09-27-2009, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Jason,
What bugged us is that the manager seemed to think that the parts they put on were worth 8 times their actual street value. $1,800 for an entry level winch with a MOPAR sticker slapped on it? $750 for a pair of PIAA lights that are on 4wd.com for $150? $1,000 for a front bumper just because it has a Jeep badge on it?

Really?

Anyways, CARMAX has a super clean fully loaded 07' Rescue Green Unlimited with $22,000 miles on it. They are shipping it to us so we can look at it Tuesday. We'll see what we can do but it looks like it might be the first serious Jeep we'll consider buying.

I'd like it if he bought a Jeep from you. If you want, I'll PM you with his trade in car and maybe you can run some numbers. I don't have a problem supporting a forum vendor.

ALL FUN!
post #10 of 18 Old 09-27-2009, 09:48 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUN LS1 View Post
Jason,
What bugged us is that the manager seemed to think that the parts they put on were worth 8 times their actual street value. $1,800 for an entry level winch with a MOPAR sticker slapped on it? $750 for a pair of PIAA lights that are on 4wd.com for $150? $1,000 for a front bumper just because it has a Jeep badge on it?

Really?

Anyways, CARMAX has a super clean fully loaded 07' Rescue Green Unlimited with $22,000 miles on it. They are shipping it to us so we can look at it Tuesday. We'll see what we can do but it looks like it might be the first serious Jeep we'll consider buying.

I'd like it if he bought a Jeep from you. If you want, I'll PM you with his trade in car and maybe you can run some numbers. I don't have a problem supporting a forum vendor.
You should have asked my brother works there in Sand Diego as a salesmen, BUT the price is fixed at carmax.

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #11 of 18 Old 09-27-2009, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post
You should have asked my brother works there in Sand Diego as a salesmen

Jason
I hope he does not work at Midway Jeep Chrysler. I just turned them into my bank, the BBB, and Jeep for illegally editing my sales receipt to reflect different information than we agreed upon. They are currently wishing I didn't keep my copy.

ALL FUN!
post #12 of 18 Old 09-27-2009, 10:01 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUN LS1 View Post
I hope he does not work at Midway Jeep Chrysler. I just turned them into my bank, the BBB, and Jeep for illegally editing my sales receipt to reflect different information than we agreed upon. They are currently wishing I didn't keep my copy.
No the Jeeps dealers there are not desirable, he worked at Rancho and it was a joke. My brother Mike works at Carmax not sure which one though..I think by Kearney Mesa

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #13 of 18 Old 09-28-2009, 06:55 PM
Rock God

Frahm Jeep in Norco has a few used ones...
post #14 of 18 Old 09-28-2009, 07:12 PM
JKO Addict!

Yes but are there any in Black with Blue accents.

JKUS Sort of
post #15 of 18 Old 09-28-2009, 07:22 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR LIKA View Post
Yes but are there any in Black with Blue accents.
No one would be stupid enough to sell a Black JK with blue accents... I got a new tow vehicle though.
post #16 of 18 Old 09-28-2009, 09:28 PM
Rock God

When my brother bought his 07, it was new, the Wranglers were going for crazy prices, and his dealer stripped the wheels and lift off of his to sell it to him...so some will do it...if they want to sell bad enough...he just didn't want to sell to you bad enough...

2007 Jeep Wrangler X, Auto, Hardtop, White, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME HD springs, Rusty's Adj. F/R trac-bars, Bilstein Steering Stabilizer, JKS Quicker Disconnects, JKS Rear Swaybar Extensions, PolyPerformance UCAs f/r, Rusty's LCAs f/r, 33x12.5 BFG KM2s, ProComp 15x8 Rockcrawlers, Smitty winch, Body Armor Front Bumper, FLW SS rear bumper, OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Skid Row Engine and Tranny Skid, Member UFWD & BRC, †John 3:16†
post #17 of 18 Old 09-28-2009, 10:34 PM
Wheeler

Have you tried...

Car Pros in Carson?

I got 500 below "invoice" when back in 07 when they first came out...no problems and great sales from sales guy named Alabama. The finance guy even threw in wheel locks and tire cover...they did over charge me in taxes but it was promptly refunded to me(and you know how hard it is to get $ back from a dealer)

Not too much demand in Carson,CA for Wranglers I guess
post #18 of 18 Old 09-29-2009, 07:31 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverkid View Post
No one would be stupid enough to sell a Black JK with blue accents... I got a new tow vehicle though.
:thefi nger:

JKUS Sort of
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode