I'm getting really tired of people! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 01-01-2014, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

I'm getting really tired of people!

So I'm trying to sell my AEV hood, freshly painted, no scratches, dents or dings. I get a message asking to sell it for $750 on here. I agree and we exchange numbers. With in the last week, the person stopped responding and wouldn't set up a date and time to meet. So after trying for a couple days, I figure he just bowed out. So I take off the pending status. Another guy contacts me and we get every thing set up to meet today.... Well, I get a text this morning that he has changed his mind..... And another one, same situation, via email. My question is, what the fuck is wrong with these fucking people!!! Don't commit to a buy and blow the guy off after you have already set a date and time.... This shit is happening way to much lately....

Rescue Green 2008 Sahara Unlimited; RK 3.5 max travel; 37" Toyo Mt; PSC Brawler lite front bumper; PSC rock brawler rear w/ tire carrier; OR-Fab rock guards; Aev hood

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 01-01-2014, 10:44 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Hey, I need your e-mail address so I can arrange to buy your hood and then blow you off...

Sign of the times, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #3 of 25 Old 01-01-2014, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Lol, yeah. That's what happens when parents don't teach their kids proper business ethics....

Rescue Green 2008 Sahara Unlimited; RK 3.5 max travel; 37" Toyo Mt; PSC Brawler lite front bumper; PSC rock brawler rear w/ tire carrier; OR-Fab rock guards; Aev hood

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old 01-01-2014, 10:52 AM
Granite Guru

Not the best way to start your new year. Sorry to here that but sometimes life SUCK. Hope you have a better rest of the year and good luck with the sale.

Now go do some wheeling in your Jeep, that will make you feel better.
post #5 of 25 Old 01-01-2014, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Thanks and yeah, that and going out and shooting off some rounds!

post #6 of 25 Old 01-01-2014, 03:21 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

i wont screw you over and ill buy it. $200 shipped

'92 YJ
'13 WK2
post #7 of 25 Old 01-01-2014, 03:47 PM
Rock God

I'll take it off your hands free of charge so you don't have to deal with the hassle of selling it
post #8 of 25 Old 01-01-2014, 03:51 PM
Granite Guru

I got 300 shipped

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #9 of 25 Old 01-01-2014, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Haha, just tired of people being shitty business people.

post #10 of 25 Old 01-01-2014, 05:57 PM
JKO Addict!

You've got an AEV hood for sale? I might be interested in acting interested and then not buy it. Sorry, I had to. GLWS
post #11 of 25 Old 01-01-2014, 06:57 PM
JKO Addict!

I never take a potential sale seriously. Let that person know right off the bat. "First come first serve" if somebody shows me the $$$$ first, it's theirs. It's not your job to chase after these idiots.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #12 of 25 Old 01-01-2014, 07:15 PM
Rock God

Garage

I can empathize.

In canada it's kijiji
Here its craigslist

And forum interactions seem to be going the same route.
Lots of blown off appointments, bullshit excuses tire kickers and scammers.

Unfortunately that online distance has dissolved manners, ethics and courtesy.

Thats one saving grace of ebay. You bid, pay up mofo.

Good luck.

Unspoilt by progress.
post #13 of 25 Old 01-02-2014, 09:38 AM
Rock God

Garage

Probably spineless guys that commit when they see it and then their wife shuts them down.

Either way, if they need to ask for permission like a 4th grader, then they should commit to anything. I agree with KJeeper. First come first serve, don't give them 4 opportunities to buy it.

-Dan

2008 JK X: Sold
post #14 of 25 Old 01-02-2014, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

I agree with both of you, but people have held stuff for me( but I also put a down payment on it) and one of the people is a member here.... And a new member at that. And he acts like he's fucking 12! Blames me for his lack of communication and his reason to backing out.... Fucktard!

Last edited by Monster Jk; 01-02-2014 at 02:30 PM.
post #15 of 25 Old 01-02-2014, 06:15 PM
Granite Guru

I have over $2000.00 bucks in tires for sale right now .I have had the same thing happen to me over and over . I have already dropped the price to $ 1000.00 , and I get calls from people that want to pay less . I'll keep them before selling them for less than half price .I even had someone come over , use my garage , my compressor , air tools , floor jack to try the tires for size , and not buy them .People are generally real jerks . When you find a good decent person , make them your friend . Good people are hard to find .
post #16 of 25 Old 01-02-2014, 11:11 PM
Wheeler

Garage

I feel you man, I hate it when people do that crap. Especially when you tell someone no, someone has already said they would buy it. People throw away their integrity for so little nowadays.

No one grows old by living, only by losing interest in living
post #17 of 25 Old 01-04-2014, 05:40 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Wow, I wouldn't have let them put the rims and tires on. I would have smacked the shit out of him..... Maybe not, but I wouldn't have been very nice about it. and yeah, grown up can be a big bunch of cryin ass bitches...

post #18 of 25 Old 03-04-2014, 05:27 PM
Wheeler

I had the same issues when I was selling my Harley and a few guns back in January. They'd waste your time asking all this info and then make excuses about why they back out or just don't commit at all. Screw people man
post #19 of 25 Old 03-04-2014, 05:36 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Getting? Brother, I've been tired of people for years. I love persons …but can do without people.

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
post #20 of 25 Old 03-06-2014, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Well, maybe I spoke to soon. I paid Wednesday, he said he'd get it out on Saturday. Saturday came and went and no reply. Then I get a message saying he shipped it Monday but will have to give me the tracking later..... Well.... It's Thursday and still no tracking, yet this fucking guy comes and cruises the forum.... I'm about to file a PayPal claim if I don't get any info by tonight.... Some fucking people shouldn't sell things. Don't sell shot if you can't have enough business ethics to make sure the deal goes smooth.

post #21 of 25 Old 03-06-2014, 11:28 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I drove from Illinois to Arizona for a good(real good) deal...

Sux that people cant commit to anything anymore

How I LEARNED TO STOP GIVING A SHIT AND LOVE MINDLESS SELF INDULGENCE

Its time to reevaluate the way we coddle the future generation. Making mistakes and getting hurt is how you grow. Teaching kids to fear Pop Tarts is how you promote xenophobia. Lets get it together, America.
post #22 of 25 Old 03-06-2014, 11:43 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
I drove from Illinois to Arizona for a good(real good) deal...

Sux that people cant commit to anything anymore
How good was she?

2012 Jeep Wrangler - Gecko
3.5" Rock Krawler X Factor
40x13.5 Nitto Mud Grapplers / 17" Fuel Hostage
Poison Spyder Brawler Lite / Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers
Poison Spyder RockBrawler w/ Tire Carrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
and yet... canada still sucks worse

we'd make fun of your prime minister if we could... unfortunately nobody's ever heard of him!
post #23 of 25 Old 03-06-2014, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

^ lol

post #24 of 25 Old 03-06-2014, 06:29 PM
Granite Guru

They don't like the green

Oh and I still vouch for the guy, great guy to deal with and had nothing but great luck with the rear bumper I bought from him ages ago LOL. Although I wasn't a fan of the green... you should paint it black, and offer it at like half off and I will be all over it LOL.

here is the bumper I bought if anyone was curious lol.

Jeep Rear Bumper by jchurch, on Flickr
post #25 of 25 Old 03-07-2014, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Lol bumper looks good buddy!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode