Horrendous Customer Service - Wild Boar - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old 12-05-2013, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Horrendous Customer Service - Wild Boar

So after getting the name of the manufacture of the Wild Boar Camp-n-case hard sided roof top tent, I found it rather interested, and decided to look into it a bit more. I've always wanted a hard shelled tent, and figured that in addition to James Baroud, Autohome and CVT that this would be another option. Now, when looking at other sites (on their tent products), they have lots of info on the various selling points of their product. Weight, size, mattress specs (to some extent), breath-ability, as well as whatever else they think is relevant. You can also usually find videos of the setup/take down (either on the site, or else where (online, youtube, etc), inside and whatever else.

Here's the tent in question. Wild Boar Camper Case. However, the name I received was Wild Boar RTT - which is likely why I couldn't find jack shit about it online.

So first thing I did when I found out the name was to find their site. Took a bit, but I eventually found what they had - which honestly wasn't much. They say something about pillows and a mattress, interior lighting kits, quick setup time (20 seconds), roof rack, power plugs from vehicle battery and light weight weather-proof nylon tent. Then below the picture they talk about the features on how it's built. Okay, it's a start right? They hit the high points, and talk it up. But no where on their site is anything specific about the tent. I couldn't find the price, more info on the power to the tent, what weight the tents roof rack can support, or much of anything else. Disappointing but not the end of the world.

So I go to youtube and see what I can find out about how the setup/take down is. All I could find was 3 videos. 1 that was 60 seconds about Wild Boar, but noting about their specific products. 1 from a spectator at the SEMA show, and 1 that's about 3 minutes long, that has maybe 60/70 seconds on this product, but covers a couple of their products.

And that's all I could find. All in all I'm pretty disappointed. So I send an email to the vendor (Wild Boar), expressing my disappointment in how little info they have on their site, and online in general. Now reading it again, perhaps I could have worded it better... but I'd spent a bit of time looking for into on it, and hadn't really gotten anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septu
On 12/5/2013 12:38 PM, Septu wrote:
It's rather disappointing that the only video I can find of the RTT is A tied in with other Wild Boar products, and B, maybe 60 seconds long, and shows it going up, with a quick shot of the inside.

Nothing on how it goes down, price or much of anything really... Just a suggestion, you'd be well versed to make a 3-5 minute video of this - solely about this product with as much info on it as possible. Everything from the type of pillows/mattress, electrical outlets, spec's on the storage rack (how much can it hold when open) etc.

It looks like an interesting platform, but there's almost no info available to do any research to compare this to something like the CVT or Autohome.
But nothing really prepared me for Paul Leazer's (sales & dealer inquiries) reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Leazer
So what's your point? Are you the expert advertizing guy? Never even
heard of you before, appreciate the input, we do just fine and are
working on magazine articles. The video was done in house by our web
master. We also have a website, "camper-n-case.com", you can go to. All
I am going to say is we have a unique product that no one offers, a
Camper Case that opens into an automatic tent, as seen on the video. So
for analitical people like you, it's probably not for you. Thanks for
your input.
The link provided doesn't work.

Now, as I said before I probably could have worded my email slightly better. But there's so many more ways they could have handled the reply. Provide a link (that actually works), and suggest I look there and if there's questions, ask away. Or send a brochure/spec sheet or whatever. Instead I get a smart ass reply that is basically a big fuck you.

I'm just blown away that this is coming from a sales guy who in theory is suppose to be marketing and selling their products. Needless to say, I'll stick to other products when I go to replace the RTT I currently use (which should hopefully be this spring).

2012 Silver JKU Rubicon
5 speed auto, 4.10s

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For all your protection needs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

M101 trailer, RTT, Awning, etc
5 wide Little Guy Rough Rider Teardrop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 12-05-2013, 04:28 PM
Wheeler

Tepui tents all the way, have one, use it and love it!
Attached Images

post #3 of 29 Old 12-05-2013, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webster View Post
Tepui tents all the way, have one, use it and love it!
That's what I currently use, and while it works, I would like something else. Hopefully for this summer.

2012 Silver JKU Rubicon
5 speed auto, 4.10s

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 Old 12-05-2013, 04:40 PM
Wheeler

Holy crap! I was also thinking about a roof-top tent, but I will definitely NOT even think about a Wild Boar product. For that matter, I won't look at ANY of their products with an attitude like that.

If you can't save the world, keep both hands on the camera.
post #5 of 29 Old 12-05-2013, 04:43 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post

Now reading it again, perhaps I could have worded it better...
The third word in your email was "disappointing", so yes, you could have worded it better.

If you wanted more information or specific information, why didn't you just ask for it. All you really did was critique his interweb advertising.

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

post #6 of 29 Old 12-05-2013, 04:47 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCdawg View Post
The third word in your email was "disappointing", so yes, you could have worded it better.

If you wanted more information or specific information, why didn't you just ask for it. All you really did was critique his interweb advertising.
But still as a professional in the business to "sell" your product. You should overlook minor details like that and see what you can do to help inform said customer. Being a fucking cunt gets you nothing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #7 of 29 Old 12-05-2013, 05:02 PM
Granite Guru

They were real nice to me when I bought that grill a couple of weeks ago. Just saying.

2011 2door

facebook.com/blacksheep4x4sorg
Black Sheep 4x4s Board Member
post #8 of 29 Old 12-05-2013, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:

While that wasn't really my intention (to critique his advertising), I understand and agree with what you're saying. However when I reply to emails in a work capacity... I'm damn careful about what I write. Less so about what's said, as that can always be explained away (misunderstanding, lying, incorrect, etc). However when you write something, you A, have to be damn sure that what you mean to say is what's there, and that there's no/little room for misunderstanding, and B that it's not going to come back to bite you in the ass.

As for a critique, I looked for a while for "Wild Boar tent" (that's all I had for a name) and found jack shit. I was googling it, and looking for video's. There's no links on their main site to the site specifically for the tent, and there's fuck all for information other than at a very high level available on their site. So while I'm not a fucking advertising expert, as a consumer looking for some basic info on the product to see exactly what I'm looking at, and how close it stacks up to their competitors (CVT, Autohome, James Baroud), and there's no fucking info... Then yes that criticism is well deserved.

However as a sales guy for a company... all he had to do was swallow his pride and say "here's a link where you can find some more info". Or email me a pdf spec sheet that I'm sure they have around somewhere. Instead I get shit on for informing them that I can't find jack shit out about their product.

2012 Silver JKU Rubicon
5 speed auto, 4.10s

post #9 of 29 Old 12-06-2013, 06:48 AM
JKO Addict!

Thats pretty bad. As a sales rep, you are essentially the face of the company. No matter how much of a dick a person seems to be, you need to remember that dick might become a customer and it literally is your job to try to make that happen.

Just my opinion...

post #10 of 29 Old 12-06-2013, 08:20 AM
Wheeler

Very bad for Wild Boar. I hope they see this post and try to remedy themselves! If not, I will not buy any of their products.
post #11 of 29 Old 12-06-2013, 08:23 AM
JKO Addict!

Anybody want to buy my Wildboar Fastback?

JKUS Sort of
post #12 of 29 Old 12-06-2013, 08:56 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Wild Boar might now give a shit.

I've had so many people respond to my Craigslist ad about my Rubicon take-off wheels and tires and they are driving me nuts. Asking if I'll separate the wheels/tires and the one that really drives me crazy "what's your lowest price". I usually respond with the asking price. Make an offer if you're serious. If you're not ready to buy, don't waste my time. A guy this morning asked if I'd take $800 (price is at $1100) and just responded "Hell no". LOL

My rant above is because I don't give a shit if I really sell them but I won't give them away either.

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #13 of 29 Old 12-06-2013, 09:28 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post

I've had so many people respond to my Craigslist ad about my Rubicon take-off wheels and tires and they are driving me nuts. Asking if I'll separate the wheels/tires and the one that really drives me crazy "what's your lowest price". I usually respond with the asking price. Make an offer if you're serious. If you're not ready to buy, don't waste my time. A guy this morning asked if I'd take $800 (price is at $1100) and just responded "Hell no". LOL

My rant above is because I don't give a shit if I really sell them but I won't give them away either.
But you are a private seller. Any professional that responds like that guy did is NO professional and it will catch up to him in due time. I don't particularly agree with the OP's initial email contact either but that isn't the point. Anybody can service an easy customer. Knowing how to handle everyone else is how a professional puts food one the table. That guy responded rudely like some respond to a public forum post... That's Not how you should respond to a business contact. RIDICULOUS.
post #14 of 29 Old 12-06-2013, 09:38 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry1 View Post
But you are a private seller. Any professional that responds like that guy did is NO professional and it will catch up to him in due time. I don't particularly agree with the OP's initial email contact either but that isn't the point. Anybody can service an easy customer. Knowing how to handle everyone else is how a professional puts food one the table. That guy responded rudely like some respond to a public forum post... That's Not how you should respond to a business contact. RIDICULOUS.
I agree with you. But Wild Boar might not give a shit or might have had a bad day. I wasn't aware of their company before this thread.

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #15 of 29 Old 12-06-2013, 09:40 AM
JKO Addict!

I'm sure the guy answering the emails isn't the president of Wild Boar or whatever its parent company. Send this little email exchange up the food chain and see what comes back...

By the way, this guy's name is Wayne Paul Leazer, and according to a Google Search is the VP of sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #16 of 29 Old 12-06-2013, 09:43 AM
Rock God

Remind me never to deal Wild Boar or Big Mike

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

post #17 of 29 Old 12-06-2013, 09:47 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Big Mike, i'll give you 801.00...

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #18 of 29 Old 12-06-2013, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlgrav182 View Post
I'm sure the guy answering the emails isn't the president of Wild Boar or whatever its parent company. Send this little email exchange up the food chain and see what comes back...

By the way, this guy's name is Wayne Paul Leazer, and according to a Google Search is the VP of sales.
I was just going to say, he's apparently the VP of sales. Guess sales must be damn good, if he's easily able to toss away someone who was interested enough to look around the net for info on the product, then not finding what they were looking for, contacted the company.

Apparently Chris Duncan is the owner. I will be sending this off to him.

2012 Silver JKU Rubicon
5 speed auto, 4.10s

post #19 of 29 Old 12-06-2013, 01:40 PM
Rock God

I'm with you Riptide, that reply was 100% uncalled for even if he did take offense to your email. At this point, I agree that your next step is to send his reply to the pres of the company and see how its handled from there. I would reserve judgement on the company in general until you find out how this is handled but bottom line is this guy has gotta go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post

Gotta love CL. Always get the guy who offers 50% of asking price on the first day of the post. My favorite new reply to those guys is: "Sure, that sounds great! Let's meet at the Magic Kingdom tomorrow at noon."

2007 Rubi Unlimited. Teraflex 2.5 lift + Fox shocks, Nitto Trail Grappler 35s on XD Addicts, 5.38s, Ten Factory rear shafts, Riddler diff covers, Purejeep front axle truss and Teraflex gussets, Tatton front driveline, Rugged Ridge Modular front bumper with XRC8 Comp winch, Superchips programmer, Volant intake, MBRP exhaust, Hella H4 headlight conversion, Body Armor "not so Extreme" Rock Rails, in-cab winch control,Best Top Trek Top.-Sold
post #20 of 29 Old 02-20-2014, 02:36 PM
Granite Guru

Dang,

I really don't know what to say I have talked to them and they seemed pretty cool, I really wanted a Fast Back hard top and they told me of a few people who had some slightly used ones they were tiring to help them sale, but all the reviews I have seen made it sound like it was crap bad fitment and leaks. Maybe their stuff is not top quality now maybe they will improve, guess in a few years you can see where they are at.
post #21 of 29 Old 02-21-2014, 07:07 AM
Rock God

Quote:

True but the response was completely uncalled for. It is not like the OP called them a bunch of focking idiots or anything. He was just disappointed with the lack of info. The is nothing disparaging and offensive about the word disappointing.
post #22 of 29 Old 02-24-2014, 07:08 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

It's dip shits like this Sales VP that drive customers away. How can you be so narrow as to believe that you can send out a "fuck off" e-mail like that and think that it won't end up on a forum in the public today?

I know i wouldn't do business with the company after reading it.

I think this thing is finally coming together. Still Needed: drive shafts, frame mount rails...then done son! For a while...
post #23 of 29 Old 07-24-2014, 05:25 PM
Granite Guru

I had the same research problem that drove me away from their tent.

2008 Jeep JK Unlimited. Auto. Mods: 3.5 RK Max Travel Kit, RK tie rod. 35" Nitto Trail Grappers. Eaton 4 Pinion E-Lockers front and rear. Nitro 30 spline chrome moly front axles. Yukon 5.13 gears/Cyrotreated. Sleeved and gusseted front axle. Dynatrac ball joints. Mopar big brake kit, Advance Adaptors 4wd shift linkage, Tom Woods front and rear driveshaft. Ace Rock Sliders. Terra Flex hinged tire carrier, Carolina Metal Masters grab bars. Exp One Frt Bumper. Warn Zeon 12 Winch.
post #24 of 29 Old 07-29-2014, 07:30 AM

Wild Boar poor attitude

I have to agree with the problems people are having with Wild Boar's customer service, and while it was just one phone call with Paul - I was not impressed with the attitude I received the other day.

I just wish someone else made a fastback hardtop. If someone knows of one, please let me know.
post #25 of 29 Old 08-05-2014, 06:54 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Marco View Post
I have to agree with the problems people are having with Wild Boar's customer service, and while it was just one phone call with Paul - I was not impressed with the attitude I received the other day.

I just wish someone else made a fastback hardtop. If someone knows of one, please let me know.
Kind of off topic, but I've always wondered what would happen if someone rhino-lined a regular soft fastback top...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator2 View Post
I have belonged to a lot of forums but I have never seen this level of perversion from a bunch of grown men.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode