dealership idiot - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 60 Old 08-18-2009, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

dealership idiot

With both of my local dealerships closing I had to make a trip to another that I was unfamiliar with. The plastic door surround on the passenger side went flying off (my fault for not replacing thumb screw) so I went to parts thinking they might have one in stock since they were the only dealer Chrysler thought was good enough to keep open. It took me 10 minutes to explain to the Jeep parts manager what a door surround was. I guess they have never taken a top off. What an idiot. While I was standing there waiting I looked over a poster on the wall of new Mopar accessories. One of the pics was for a new rubber floor liner that is supposed to cover everything the carpet covers. I asked how much and he pulled out the catalog. Another 10 minutes of searching and when he couldn't find it asked me if I was sure it was a Mopar accessory. After I pointed to the poster that is on the wall in front of the desk he sits at every day he was able to find it. The dealer they closed was less than two miles from my house, I had bought 3 new vehicles from them and it was staffed by better people. Still ticks me off that good companies with 50 years in business were forced to close while the new guys with no clue are still open
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 Old 08-18-2009, 03:11 PM
Rock God

Send a message via AIM to jocrazy0

Your (ex) dealer just did not contribute enough to the Won to survive.

The people where I take my jeep swear they will remain in business... although their parking lot is nearly empty of new cars and trucks, whereas before the bailout/rescue/payoff to UAW/whatever they had a wide variety of makes and models. Now they have only a couple of jeeps, no trucks (except for SPRINTER vans) and d*mned few cars. This is one of those " _Chrsyler - A New Beginning_ by authors I. Hope Theymakeit/ Betty Don't" book author jokes.

2007 Rubicon, Graystone, Auto, Dual, Power, Tow,GENTEX autodim mirror,COOL TECH antenna mount&exhaust,CIBIE,HELLA TPMS,AEM CAI, Fuel Door, Grab Handles,Tuffy,Thule,Olympic,HESCO Supercharger, HID, RR XHD FB w/stinger,DRAKE hoodlatch with locks
1972 C104 Commando - Bone stock
post #3 of 60 Old 08-18-2009, 04:52 PM
Granite Guru

MORE IMPORTANT, HOW MUCH WAS THE RUBBER FLOOR COVER? SOUNDS SWEET

I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made this country free
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 60 Old 08-18-2009, 04:55 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDERED67 View Post
MORE IMPORTANT, HOW MUCH WAS THE RUBBER FLOOR COVER? SOUNDS SWEET
They're expensive. And garbage

IMO
post #5 of 60 Old 08-18-2009, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I haven't seen them up close but it looks like a good alternative to spray on. When I pulled the carpet out the floor welds look like **** and that will show through so I thought a cover up would be a good idea. As for cost the dealer charges 310 but you can get them from Quadratec and I believe Just for Jeeps has them as well for about the same. I thought I would buy local to save shipping.
post #6 of 60 Old 08-18-2009, 06:46 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrock View Post
They're expensive. And garbage

IMO
Can you elaborate? I too had been looking at this option

2008 Silver "Sara" Unltd
Aboveumall.com Muffler Relocation
Woods Evap Relo
Rough Country 3.25" Suspension Lift
Rough Country quick discos
Rough Country double steering stablizer
wussy interior mods galore
2 Sunshine Kids carseats that exactly match the stock fabric
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 60 Old 08-18-2009, 06:48 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Ridered67, this isn't homos forum, so you can take that freaking north ridge link out of your sig.

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.
post #8 of 60 Old 08-18-2009, 08:29 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherof2 View Post
from what I've seen they fit like crap on 2drs, 4dr is a little better. I think they'll trap to much water under them or mud under them to be worth the 300+ they cost, for another 2-300 you could have it linex'd

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
A Jeep just zipped past my house and I could swear I heard the driver yellin:

"The tkob is coming!! The tkob is coming!!"
post #9 of 60 Old 08-18-2009, 08:38 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherof2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkob1060 View Post
from what I've seen they fit like crap on 2drs, 4dr is a little better. I think they'll trap to much water under them or mud under them to be worth the 300+ they cost, for another 2-300 you could have it linex'd
What he said. I had the chance to check one out a few months back.... justinjemi I think had it.

The liner was thin and the fit was poor. Dirt & moisture could very easily accumulate under it.

Spray in bedliner would be a much better, long lasting solution for the $$$.
post #10 of 60 Old 08-18-2009, 09:05 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

On the idiot note, I've got a similiar story. These parts guys are just looker uppers. Much like the typical auto parts Counter Clueless, they have no clue about any of the vehicles. Unless you can give em the year, make, model and a part number, they're pretty worthless when it comes to finding anything strictly by description.

So I called up my dealer (only one left in town btw) and ask for parts. Parts guy picks up and I tell him "I need to order a license plate facia plug for an 08 Wrangler." So he says "Ok" "What model?" Here we go. So he starts diggin around in the computer. I can hear him bangin away on the keyboard but he aint havin any luck. So I try to be a bit more helpful by describing the part. I tell him "It's a piece of rectangular plastic that's used to plug the factory hole when you relocate your license plate." Parts douche stops slappin the keyboard and says "Why are you relocating the license plate?" Now you can tell the whole time he hasn't been able to find the part so obviously his next tactic is to just discourage me from buying what I called for. I simply tell him, "Aesthetics." He says "I don't think Chrysler sanctions moving your license plate."..... I'm thinking to myself "Is this lazy bastard fer real??" *sigh* I say to him "It's also a European part. Across the pond they don't use the same location for the plate because of the differing plate size." (Which explains why some dealers have a hard time getting them) Anyhow, he's mumbling about the availability of European parts in the US so I tell him "Hold on a minute." *sigh* again (what a goober) I jump online and go to Quadratec's site and search for and find the plug in about 2 minutes. I ask lazy mf'er parts douche to try the part # from QT. It pulls right up. He tells me "Hey! I've got one in Atlanta. I can have it here in 2 days. "Thanks. Do it." CLICK

What a lazy bastard

You would think I would learn to stay away from that place... but they have the coolest hats

Last edited by scottrock; 08-18-2009 at 09:08 PM.
post #11 of 60 Old 08-19-2009, 04:33 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrahawk View Post
Ridered67, this isn't homos forum, so you can take that freaking north ridge link out of your sig.
post #12 of 60 Old 08-19-2009, 10:08 AM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ImmortalityLTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrock View Post
On the idiot note, I've got a similiar story. These parts guys are just looker uppers. Much like the typical auto parts Counter Clueless, they have no clue about any of the vehicles. Unless you can give em the year, make, model and a part number, they're pretty worthless when it comes to finding anything strictly by description.

So I called up my dealer (only one left in town btw) and ask for parts. Parts guy picks up and I tell him "I need to order a license plate facia plug for an 08 Wrangler." So he says "Ok" "What model?" Here we go. So he starts diggin around in the computer. I can hear him bangin away on the keyboard but he aint havin any luck. So I try to be a bit more helpful by describing the part. I tell him "It's a piece of rectangular plastic that's used to plug the factory hole when you relocate your license plate." Parts douche stops slappin the keyboard and says "Why are you relocating the license plate?" Now you can tell the whole time he hasn't been able to find the part so obviously his next tactic is to just discourage me from buying what I called for. I simply tell him, "Aesthetics." He says "I don't think Chrysler sanctions moving your license plate."..... I'm thinking to myself "Is this lazy bastard fer real??" *sigh* I say to him "It's also a European part. Across the pond they don't use the same location for the plate because of the differing plate size." (Which explains why some dealers have a hard time getting them) Anyhow, he's mumbling about the availability of European parts in the US so I tell him "Hold on a minute." *sigh* again (what a goober) I jump online and go to Quadratec's site and search for and find the plug in about 2 minutes. I ask lazy mf'er parts douche to try the part # from QT. It pulls right up. He tells me "Hey! I've got one in Atlanta. I can have it here in 2 days. "Thanks. Do it." CLICK

What a lazy bastard

You would think I would learn to stay away from that place... but they have the coolest hats
So why didn't you get it from Quadratec? Better price from the dealer?

Joel
2010 Tiki Rescue World Champion
post #13 of 60 Old 08-19-2009, 10:16 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalityLTD View Post
even if the price was cheaper from quadratec the shipping would have put it over the top thats for sure, their shipping costs suck ass

Quote:

post #14 of 60 Old 08-19-2009, 10:46 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Luckily my parts guy is a gear head (lots of cool pics of his '70 something Plymouth at the drag strip). Any way they are very good about looking up stuff.

We just had a similar rant about this on one of the Monte Carlo boards. There are a great number of different vehicles and options available today. To expect the counter dude to know everything about our Jeeps is maybe a little much (especially the stuff for export only).

I always use moparpartsamerica or one of those sites, I have the pdf catalog downloaded. I look up the part and know exactly what it's called and a part number before I call or drop by. Makes it a lot easier.

btw that's called the Frame, door glass Figure SJK-110, Item 13 (soft top 2-door)

Quote:
13 FRAME, Door Glass
55395236AC 1 J, U 72 Right
55395237AC 1 J, U 72 Left
55397412AA 1 J, U 72 With [GWK] Sunrider Top, Right
55397413AA 1 J, U 72 With [GWK] Sunrider Top, Left

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.

Last edited by gold knight; 08-19-2009 at 10:54 AM.
post #15 of 60 Old 08-19-2009, 11:18 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalityLTD View Post
vvvvvvvvvv What he said vvvvvvv that and the cool hats
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkob1060 View Post
even if the price was cheaper from quadratec the shipping would have put it over the top thats for sure, their shipping costs suck ass
post #16 of 60 Old 08-19-2009, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

To anyone who has used line-x before, on my Jeep the floor up front looks like they just randomly added welds, I guess to strenghthen the area under your feet. Did you smooth that out yourself or does it show through the spray in material? That is the reason I thought of just covering it up with the rubber mat. I haven't seen a spray in job up close but assumed the material would countour to whatever is underneath.
post #17 of 60 Old 08-19-2009, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Even with Quadratec's shipping costs not paying tax offsets it somewhat. Also do they discount for jko members?
post #18 of 60 Old 08-19-2009, 01:01 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecarters91303 View Post
To anyone who has used line-x before, on my Jeep the floor up front looks like they just randomly added welds, I guess to strenghthen the area under your feet. Did you smooth that out yourself or does it show through the spray in material? That is the reason I thought of just covering it up with the rubber mat. I haven't seen a spray in job up close but assumed the material would countour to whatever is underneath.
hijack on
I removed the sound/heat material from the floor of mine when I got the linex done, linex will contour to anything it is sprayed over. Pics here
https://jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11205
prep write up for 4dr https://jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11960

Quote:

post #19 of 60 Old 08-20-2009, 06:25 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thanks for the pics and link to the write up. I have gots to get off my lazy ass and gets me one of those red stars. You guys have givin me way more than 20 bucks worth of advice since I've been on here. No matter what the problem or question it seems that someone else has already been through it.
post #20 of 60 Old 08-20-2009, 08:43 AM
Granite Guru

Hey terrahawk Northridge is giving away a lift kit next month to a member that has a Northridge ling in thier signature. Your the homo for not wanting a chance at a free lift!

I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made this country free
post #21 of 60 Old 08-20-2009, 08:51 AM
Openly Hostile

Quote:
Hey terrahawk Northridge is giving away a lift kit next month to a member that has a Northridge ling in thier signature. Your the homo for not wanting a chance at a free lift!

Not on this forum he isn't.

Jason
post #22 of 60 Old 08-20-2009, 09:31 AM
Alec W

Quote:
Why would you want to advertize for a non sponsoring vendor on here?
post #23 of 60 Old 08-20-2009, 09:50 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
oops. i can see how one would be easily confused between the two...

get your act together son...

Jersey
Crew
JK retired Wednesday, March 21st, 2012.
07 X 6spd • Clayton 3.5 • OME LT • ORE Gussets/Sleeves • RCV Shafts • JKS Discos & Track • AEV Snorkel • FLW Rear Bumper • RRF Front• PSC Sliders • RROR Skids • Poly P. Ball Joints• Wood's Shafts• Yukon Gears • Maxxis Kreepy Krawlers • Superwinch epi9• Safari Straps
post #24 of 60 Old 08-20-2009, 10:31 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
DOH!! Are you really that stupid?

I think thats the funniest thing I've ever read on JKO. Good luck with winning

Quote:

post #25 of 60 Old 08-20-2009, 10:32 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec W View Post
Why would you want to advertize for a non sponsoring vendor on here?
you actually think he knows where he is?

Quote:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode