Rigids stolen at Northwest Dodge in Houston - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 10-26-2013, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Rigids [email protected] Dodge Service Dept in Houston

So in a nutshell my JK was in a photo shoot last week (Insurance adjusters) while it was at Northwest Dodge on the Northwest freeway. A week later I go to pick it up, and my Rigids are missing.

I am PISSED so I walk up to the service writer that MOMENT BEFORE I gave $1,900 for an extraction (2 towtrucks) and storage and tell him, at this point just in alarm- he tersly and 100% unsympathetically tells me that it happened somewhere else not at his shop, then points to his manager who has a fucking line waiting outside his door. My sense of alarm turned into anger primarily how they were treating me now that my fuking Jeep had been molested. I went into that numb part of my character that lacks empathy or the ability to "give a fuck" about consequences and repercussions- so I literal turned and walked out side to cool off. I felt like a fucking rape victim.

I walk back in and tell the guy (Bryan) that insurance JUST TOOK PICTURES OF THAT JEEP LAST WEEK AND THE LIGHTS WERE THERE... He tells me he will believe it when he sees it and asked for my agents number. The manager finally gets to me an hour later and seems about 10% interested in my issue. Then he gets all CSI on me and points out that the sediment around my holes seems undisturbed... like this isnt anything recent.

I manage to take a pic of him in the frame with my now empty Rigid pedestals, as well as the shitbrick who took $1,900 then wouldnt give me the time of day when a set of lights 10% of that bill were stolen. He takes my number, and walks off. An hour later I call his office, cant get him, and tell him insurance just sent me the file and I need his email adress. I give him my number as well as email adress... that was about 9am.

I heard nothing, now must go until Monday to follow up. I called the sherrifs office because I was ready to file charges, but I THINK I will wait until Monday, though not sure if I will wait for his call or just go up the chain to someone that DOESNT want me to be sitting in the parking lot making a police report while filing with the BBB. Im pretty pissed...

Seriously- I keep my Jeep nekkid, and once it sat in an ORP for a week and someone stole my pirate sword but besides that NEVEFR SO MUCH AS THE CHANGE HAS BEEN TAKEN FROM THE CUP HOLDERS. But a week and $1,900 into my relationship with Northwest Dodge, my VERY FIRST MOD was stolen. Im not even mad at the theives at this point, because I feel how the dealership and especially that fucking cunt Bryan handled my reporting of the incident upon first report, then the contesting that they were ever on the jeep, then the fucking super-sleuth bullshit like I am just coming up with random shit to claim is missing. Not the suspension seats, Not the LED tail lights. Not the big ass lightbar up top. No, the cheapest and most sentimental mod to date- my girlfriend bought those for me right before our first trip to Muddy Gras and a few years before I married her and made he carry my child. *sigh*

Soon to be a vendor!!!
Looking for a good Rat Rod JK donor vehicle.

Last edited by DeucesALLin; 10-26-2013 at 11:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 10-27-2013, 05:44 AM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

Pricks !

BBB carries some weight ! I filed a claim with them after a used car dealership tried screwing me with a bill... I have never received a call so quickly from the dealership trying to make it right !

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
post #3 of 24 Old 10-27-2013, 06:13 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Nothing worse then a fucking thief, probably someone right there at the shop. You should recognize that the line out the managers door means its a shitty dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 Old 10-27-2013, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

^^^ I agree... I would have never let them touch my Jeep. However when you file a claim on a paid for JK, you want to make sure the extra labor charges being paid for will cover your new 14bolt front axle!!!

Soon to be a vendor!!!
post #5 of 24 Old 10-27-2013, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Assault plan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmmns View Post
Pricks !

BBB carries some weight ! I filed a claim with them after a used car dealership tried screwing me with a bill... I have never received a call so quickly from the dealership trying to make it right !
I agree, 100% of my 190+ clients use my firm because of our BBB rating (A+, never a complaint- and we do business to business debt and student loan collections, LMFAO!)

I just dont know if I want to wait until like 10am monday and go down there and file a police report on site, THEN call BBB, or call BBB first or call someone who doesnt work on Saterdays first... any suggestions in the order I should go?

My biggest, BIGGEST issue is how those to pecker-puffers handled me: all I was doing is TELLING THEM that my $190 lights got stolen while I was paying them for $1,900 of towing/storage... Kinda stupid to pay $1,900 then make a false accusation about a pair of friggin D1 floods.

They treated me like I walked out there, unbolted my 37" spare and wanted them to pay for it.

Soon to be a vendor!!!
post #6 of 24 Old 10-27-2013, 02:02 PM
JKO Addict!

I would have filed a police report on the spot. I hope you get the resolution you want but nothing is going to happen til you make it happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnb2010 View Post
As BSack would probably say, the rewards of doing for others while seeking nothing makes one rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep Momma View Post
Had to google this...
post #7 of 24 Old 10-27-2013, 05:44 PM
V8 dreams

if they were stolen at the dealership, and you have pics to prove they were on it while its been there, then won't they be liable anyway?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2010 Silver JKU
post #8 of 24 Old 10-27-2013, 06:24 PM
JKO Addict!

I would call said prick and leave a message explaininG to him that if you do not hear back by COB Monday that you will be filing charges of theft against him as you have pictures to prove it.

Then go file a suit in small claims, should only cost $50, and call the BBB. If anything it will inconvenience the prick
post #9 of 24 Old 10-27-2013, 10:08 PM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

I would file the polic report so you have it for the future for a small claims. I bet if you file with the BBB the dealership will be contacting you rather quickly to make it right, usually just paying up to rectify the BBB claim against them..

In my situation it was an $1100 bill.. they couldnt mail me a check quick enough to rectify the claim, and they still cryed to me for fifteen minutes that I should have spoken with them prior to filing with the BBB because it hurts them..

they dont give a shit about the little guy, you have to step up to a governing body with more influence like the BBB

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
post #10 of 24 Old 10-28-2013, 06:25 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

FWIW: As I am waiting for the actual service manager I am scrolling the BBB website- they already have an F. That bothers me, since they appear to have nothing to lose by me going the BBB route.

So depending on what this guy DOES (as opposed to says) I will be leaving the office early today to go to the dealership and call the cops... get the report... then yeah, maybe go small claims. Problem is judgments do not constitute payment, still have to execute it.

But as of 0830 Monday morning, this is where I am.

Soon to be a vendor!!!
post #11 of 24 Old 10-28-2013, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Well I went up the chain... Service asshole... senior service asshole... assistant asshole manager and manager asshole... now I left a message for the GM of the dealership and will be leaving soon to sit and wait for the cops and file my police report.

Soon to be a vendor!!!
post #12 of 24 Old 10-28-2013, 10:32 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I would call the BBB even with an F rating and call Chrysler corporate too, waiting for the dealership to answer you got you know where.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
A Jeep just zipped past my house and I could swear I heard the driver yellin:

"The tkob is coming!! The tkob is coming!!"
post #13 of 24 Old 10-28-2013, 10:41 AM
Granite Guru

Damn that's some bullshit!
post #14 of 24 Old 10-28-2013, 07:35 PM
JKO Addict!

This is why you call the cops on the spot and talk with the police on the showroom floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnb2010 View Post
As BSack would probably say, the rewards of doing for others while seeking nothing makes one rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep Momma View Post
Had to google this...
post #15 of 24 Old 10-29-2013, 05:29 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #16 of 24 Old 10-29-2013, 02:53 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
Update?
x2, OP, update?

"Drink your school. Stay in drugs. Don't do milk."
~SoCo

"Not that I'm an elitist or anything, I just get sick of waving to soccer moms and getting nothing back."
~ Shammy O'Shea
post #17 of 24 Old 10-30-2013, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

UPDATE:

So after I my post Monday morning I called and got a voicemail for "Pat" who supposedly was an actual manager, not the fucking service rep they introduced as a manager. I left a message, firmly, saying that no one had returned my calls and I want my lights back and Im not a liar and I am more pissed about how the dealership treated me than the lights...

An hour later I called for the next guy in line, PAUL, who is directly under the GM of the dealership- I left a more terse message saying I was tired of getting fucking voicemails and as soon as I hang up I am filing a report with the BBB and when I get done with my morning I am coming down there to file a police report.

I filed the complaint, saw they ALREADY HAVE AN F, and are non-accredited... my phone rings. It is Paul. He says he received the email, (i never sent it to him, never had an email adress to send it to) and that he too was more upset about the service than the lights as the lights are replacable. Said to give him a little bit and he was going to call me back to arrainge replacement. He asked for the price/part number, anbd the insurance company when I explained the INS CO doesnt matter since it is MY Jeep...I hung up but the clock was already ticking from my last escalation.

40 minutes later I called back and couldnt get Paul or Pat on the phone so I went to the GM's voicemail. I left the foillowing message as I was shutting down my computer and cleaning up my desk to visit them:

"My name is DeaucesALLin and Saterday I paid your dealership $1,900 dollars and then discovered my lights had been stolen off your lot- $190 lights. The same service writer I gave that $1,900 to 30 minutes before that coudlt give two fucks about my $190 lights or a thief at your dealership because he had already taken my $1,900. So heres what I am going to do-
You already have an F rating with the BBB so we are going to skip the bullshit, no more phone calls, no complaints. I am leaving work, I am going to sit in front of your service department and play around on your WiFi and talk to EVERYONE I SEE while waiting for Harris County Sherrifs to show up. I am going to file a theft charge, and I no longer give a fuck about those lights- If I can cost you ONE fucking customer or one fucking DOLLAR and embarass the fuck out of your staff I will consider that money well spent. THen I will go to small claims court and file and cost you a god damned site more than the $190 you thieves stole from me- because your employees are theives and treated me like shit when I reported it. Good day."

As I was grabbing my laptop- the phone rang. Its Paul. He has a check for me. Can I pick it up?

LOL then I go out there that night to pick it up and the cashier is closed and the managers just left- but they tell me they are turning around to come back and give me the check. I say im done, mail it to me.

I got the call yesterday that the check went out, and I got an email from the GM as well that I dont care to respond to. Probably will respopnd to the BBB email though, since it needs to be known.

Soon to be a vendor!!!
post #18 of 24 Old 10-30-2013, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

UPDATE

It never should have happened, so it doesnt matter what they did to right it. The money doesnt replace the disgust I felt when that service writer called me a liar and couldnt be motivated to even LOOK.

I have 190 plus clients that I give DAMN GOOD service and representation to, so I have no pity for that shit. DO I want to continue pushing it, maybe after close out. But after my experience my wife and I know our extended warranty from a vehicle bought there, and the service we were about to have performed there on her car, is not worth the paper of the ticket.

They are scum, plain and simple. I dont even know if I want to cash that check or push farther after the 31st since I am pretty busy at months-end. But I see ALOT of nice Jeeps there, so as long as yall know then I can call it a wash at this point.

Soon to be a vendor!!!
post #19 of 24 Old 10-30-2013, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Normally I would have...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
This is why you call the cops on the spot and talk with the police on the showroom floor.
...except I had been up all night playing Omaha, had a tow truck I was paying for on the scene, and had a very minute timeline before having to go pick up my new Cherokee and family obligations.

I knew I could call the cops at any time, so it didnt have to be on their time. I could have gone on Friday night and done it, or whenever the whiskey made me mad. LOL

Soon to be a vendor!!!
post #20 of 24 Old 10-30-2013, 09:56 AM
Rock God

Thats just fucking pathetic on their part. I looked them up and was reading google reviews and it seems other people have reported missing/stolen items. It's really scummy.
post #21 of 24 Old 10-31-2013, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavallini03 View Post
Thats just fucking pathetic on their part. I looked them up and was reading google reviews and it seems other people have reported missing/stolen items. It's really scummy.
I didnt know that... As a side note- after the douche service writer tried to convince me that I got a bum deal buying my JK back, some fucker from the dealership called and tried to buy it.

Soon to be a vendor!!!
post #22 of 24 Old 11-17-2013, 06:34 PM
Rock God

Yeah, I was gonna say.... I'd go to where the employees park their rigs and start looking. Oh, and don't forget, they have video cameras.

Rescue Green 2008 Sahara Unlimited; RK 3.5 max travel; 37" Toyo Mt; PSC Brawler lite front bumper; PSC rock brawler rear w/ tire carrier; OR-Fab rock guards; Aev hood

post #23 of 24 Old 11-18-2013, 07:45 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Actually this was a win...

I sold the Rigid's that I never use for 100% of their cost, and got to let everyone know the dealership is total shite.

I will buy a set of TWF's pods for the bumper of my WJ and call it good. Between the 40" light bar and the RockRidge LED reverse lights the JK is golden.

Soon to be a vendor!!!
post #24 of 24 Old 11-19-2013, 06:06 AM
Rock God

Check out the rigid sr-m flush mounts. They are bright as shit!

Rescue Green 2008 Sahara Unlimited; RK 3.5 max travel; 37" Toyo Mt; PSC Brawler lite front bumper; PSC rock brawler rear w/ tire carrier; OR-Fab rock guards; Aev hood

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode