seats do not fold all the way to the dash - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 07-24-2009, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

seats do not fold all the way to the dash

I am 6-3 and although I love the new leg room I get with the V-6 instead of the old inline, it is impossible for me to get into the back of my 2-dr through the doors since the seats no longer tilt forward like they did in the previous models.

Then since the tail gate is so short you get to deal with those wonderful zippers on the soft top back window to fully access the back.

With that said I still Love my Jeep!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-24-2009, 02:23 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to JohnnyWalker

x2... As soon as Woogie gets old enough to ditch the car seat, my rear seat is gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
Did you just search for "gay" or "halo" and bump those threads?
post #3 of 9 Old 07-24-2009, 03:55 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish4ever View Post
I am 6-3 and although I love the new leg room I get with the V-6 instead of the old inline, it is impossible for me to get into the back of my 2-dr through the doors since the seats no longer tilt forward like they did in the previous models.

Then since the tail gate is so short you get to deal with those wonderful zippers on the soft top back window to fully access the back.

I took out the back seat.

"All wranglers are jeeps, not all jeeps are wranglers"

"Holding out for the Pentastar in 2012"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 07-24-2009, 07:55 PM
Granite Guru

Do what I did, trade in the 2dr for a 4dr.

13 2dr bright white Ruby
Poison Spyder hood louver
Rugged Ridge hood latches
A crap load more to buy
post #5 of 9 Old 07-26-2009, 10:08 AM
Granite Guru

I am 6'3" also, however I have no plans to ever even attempt to enter the back seat. That's someone else's problem, I'm the driver.
post #6 of 9 Old 07-26-2009, 12:04 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Whats a back seat?
post #7 of 9 Old 07-27-2009, 05:06 PM
Granite Guru

Back seat has been out of mine for almost a year. And like others said.....if I am getting in the back, there is something wrong.....

"And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"
post #8 of 9 Old 07-29-2009, 05:57 PM
Wheeler

Quote:

Caveat emptor ... all of the test reports were glowing, the test drive was great, buttttttttt .... to think that I traded in an '03 Rubicon on the new JK WITHOUT even crawling into the rear seat of the 2-door we purchased !

Both front seats articulated on the old TJ with relatively easy access to the rear seat. It is torture to just try to get into the rear seat on the 2-door JK. I can't imagine actually using the seat for transporting anyone older that 10-12 years old (and, then, only if they are small framed). The best option - as others have said - is to simply take the rear JK seat out (there should be a factory delete for the rear seat). Has anyone else noticed the flex in the side doors when you close them from the outside? I don't remember that "tinny" flex in my Rubi TJ and there is zero flex in the doors on my wife's TJ ???
post #9 of 9 Old 07-30-2009, 03:21 PM
Rock God

Garage
Post 4 Door

Quote:

Try out the 4 Door! SO MUCH MORE ROOM!

Paved Roads - Another Fine Example of Unnecessary Government Waste!
Modes - 3.5" Lift - Steel Jeep Bumper with Winch. Body Armor 4x4 Rear Bumper and Rock Sliders. - Hard Top painted White to repel the HEAT! - Ham\CB Radio - A few dents and Scratches John Bull Mod to Front & Rear Diff Covers. Woods Steering Stabilizer Relocation Bracket. Off-road Front, Rear and Rock Lights, Rear CAM, On Board Air.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode