3 words: the turn signal - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 06-09-2009, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

3 words: the turn signal

i love my jK with a passion. but the over sensitive turn signal which has almost got me in a accident because when i flick it back to the middle it always seems to click 3 times in the wrong direction. and this causes me to cuss like a sailor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 06-09-2009, 04:01 PM
Alec W

That used to bug me too. You can turn it off with the AEV Procal unit. I wouldn’t get the unit just for that but it’s a nifty added bonus.
post #3 of 20 Old 06-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Rock God

hated it until I started using the momentary thing. Just slightly push and it will blink 3 times. If you need it for a prolonged time it will turn off after you turn the wheel, but for lane changes and such the 3 blink thing works without thinking about it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 06-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Rock God

Send a message via MSN to bfj aka tambil

Since the Jeep was my first new vehicle in a long time... This was a mystery to me...LOL

But now it works perfect.

Proud to be an American
Shamed of our government

Native Floridian = MUD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 20 Old 06-09-2009, 04:40 PM
JKO Addict!

who uses blinkers?
post #6 of 20 Old 06-09-2009, 04:53 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army green 07 JK HOOAH View Post
to cuss like a sailor.
Hey, I'm offended; I resemble that remark. There is nothing wrong with how a sailor expresses himself.

Obama, The greatest gun salesman since the invention of firearms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jscwerve View Post
This is exactly why we need to practice proper gun control.

If he was aiming down the sights correctly and had plenty of practice rounds under his belt, there would only be one side of this story.
post #7 of 20 Old 06-10-2009, 09:13 AM
Granite Guru

I learned to drive in Jersey. What's a turn signal?
post #8 of 20 Old 06-10-2009, 09:33 AM
Granite Guru

I hate the freakin turn signal stalk thig...

How damn difficult is it to make it a simple, positive click. Left, right.

Bastards.

--------------------
Preacher
REDRUM
2009 Wrangler 'X'
post #9 of 20 Old 06-10-2009, 10:29 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

User input error Just kidding, I didn't like it at first until I got used to it. Now it alright. I still forget and knock it back occasionaly.

Like Alec said, if you plan on getting the AEV Procal anyway you can turn this off as a bonus. I don't think I would spend the $130.00 just to be able turn it off either though.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #10 of 20 Old 06-10-2009, 01:30 PM
Banned

When something's not functionating properly, if it aint the arrow, it's the indian.

BTW, these things come with turn signals? Is that a standard feature, or did you pay extra?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #11 of 20 Old 06-10-2009, 08:16 PM
Wheeler

I think signals are illegal here in Korea. Hazards are ok when you park in the middle of the road, with complete disregard for anyone else, blocking traffic, so you can go into a store.

08 Flame Red Rubi
Not much done yet!
post #12 of 20 Old 07-12-2009, 06:10 AM
Rock God

Garage

Who needs turn signals, just get rock sliders. The Honda you just ran over should pass through the back end like bad sushi, quick and smooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.I.I.K View Post
Ok We need to organize a "Strippers and Blow Trail Run" It can raise money for college scholarships
Raleigh Meet and Greet,
Check the thread ------------->
post #13 of 20 Old 07-12-2009, 07:58 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggo66 View Post
So your the dumbsh*t that thinks turn signals are optional. While I'm on the road I use them. I don't want to guess which way your turning...Just plain stupid not to use them moron.
post #14 of 20 Old 07-13-2009, 02:15 AM
Rock God

Also if you hold it up and not let it click it will blink as long as you hold it. However it is annoying when it clicks and you try to put it back to center and goes to turning the other way and then when you try to put it back center from that side it goes back to the original side it was on! simple fix is this, if it clicks pull the blinker leaver(sp) towards as if you were flashing ur brights and just flick it back and it will go back to center instead of keeping blinker on.This begins a problem when people think your flashing ur lights at them tho

07 Sahara Unlimited STEEL BLUE
Current Mods:3.5 Rock Krawler Mid Arm,
Teraflex drag linkflip kit(thanks Rooster),
18" XD Addict's on 35x12.5 Nitto Mud Grapplers

post #15 of 20 Old 07-13-2009, 08:46 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2run View Post
So your the dumbsh*t that thinks turn signals are optional. While I'm on the road I use them. I don't want to guess which way your turning...Just plain stupid not to use them moron.

It's not stupid if you drive in Jersey. If you use your turn signal there, they will actually speed up to prevent you from changing lanes, merging, or making a turn. It's much better to keep them guessing. In other places where drivers are polite, using them is an advantage. someone will actually slow down to let you enter.

Last edited by daggo66; 07-14-2009 at 04:33 AM.
post #16 of 20 Old 07-13-2009, 02:21 PM
Rock God

Garage
Post they will actually speed up to prevent you from changing lanes, merging, or making a

Quote:
It's not stupid if you drive in Jersey. If you use your tunr signal there, they will actually speed up to prevent you from changing lanes, merging, or making a turn. It's much better to keep them guessing. If other places where drivers are polite, using them is an advantage. someone will actually slow down to let you enter.
Sounds like driving on a Southern California Freeway!

Paved Roads - Another Fine Example of Unnecessary Government Waste!
Modes - 3.5" Lift - Steel Jeep Bumper with Winch. Body Armor 4x4 Rear Bumper and Rock Sliders. - Hard Top painted White to repel the HEAT! - Ham\CB Radio - A few dents and Scratches John Bull Mod to Front & Rear Diff Covers. Woods Steering Stabilizer Relocation Bracket. Off-road Front, Rear and Rock Lights, Rear CAM, On Board Air.
post #17 of 20 Old 07-14-2009, 03:54 PM

Talking

Quote:
It's not stupid if you drive in Jersey. If you use your turn signal there, they will actually speed up to prevent you from changing lanes, merging, or making a turn. It's much better to keep them guessing. In other places where drivers are polite, using them is an advantage. someone will actually slow down to let you enter.
Just use the blinker and if they speed up to block you off, run them off the road, works every time.

The first time I did that in an 07 Dodge truck I was thinking WTF???!! it's broken because I kept pushing it to the other side trying to get it to turn off, when I finally gave up I realized it did that...

Last edited by NateK; 07-14-2009 at 03:57 PM.
post #18 of 20 Old 07-14-2009, 04:27 PM
JKO Addict!

I know what you mean. The turn signal is a little sensitive but I like using it. 3 blinks and there you go. I try to use mine but like some of the others drive in my town. I live in Orlando. You dont get a blinker, you get the finger!

And since Im on the subject of pointless driving....get the hell out of my way! Why oh why do you insist on driving in the left lane???
post #19 of 20 Old 07-28-2009, 04:16 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to sniper41

Quote:
Someone's middle finger!! LOL

Doug 08 4dr X 6 spd Det Yellow
You are a load that should have been swallowed, but someone as bitter as you are probably would have been spat out. Ahh Dancin Dan
Jersey
Crew
post #20 of 20 Old 07-28-2009, 04:27 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
that is 100% true NJ drivers are the worse, I yelled and cursed so many drivers out while I was up there this weekend haha, I dont do it here in NC, that is one bug thing I dont miss about NJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode