New Product Forum - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 07-30-2013, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

New Product Forum

Is it a new product if it's not available?

Or is that a new IDEA?

I'm tired of companies posting in the "New Product" forum things that are not available. Or sales. Or other misc. bullshit.

Then it takes longer than they anticipate to produce, company runs into trouble, manufacturing problems or whatever.

I wish that subforum were limited to products that were currently available.

08 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon: lift, wheels/tires, bumpers, skids, sliders, winch, lights, cb. All the normal stuff, plus some.......
Build thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-30-2013, 11:13 AM
JKO Addict!

Showing a product before it is in production has its pros and cons. I understand how it can be frustrating to see a product that never makes it to market but at the same time showing something that is in its early stages like CAD could catch something that the consumer base really wants...

post #3 of 9 Old 07-30-2013, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
Showing a product before it is in production has its pros and cons. I understand how it can be frustrating to see a product that never makes it to market but at the same time showing something that is in its early stages like CAD could catch something that the consumer base really wants...
True. I suppose I'm nitpicking. I'd rather see that stuff in General Discussion.

I guess I don't want to have to figure out the pipe dreams, bad ideas, and sale ads from the actual, available new products.

08 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon: lift, wheels/tires, bumpers, skids, sliders, winch, lights, cb. All the normal stuff, plus some.......
Build thread:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 07-30-2013, 12:10 PM
Rock God

This reminds me of Ace Tube Door. That shit got crazy and they still aren't in production (probably never will).

I'm with you on the thought. It's like a stripper that forgets to take her clothes off.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2010 2 door manual sport
post #5 of 9 Old 07-30-2013, 02:37 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

From what I can tell its best to keep a new product very quiet until its already being produced.

Sema is coming up soon lots of products you can not buy yet or sometimes never!

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #6 of 9 Old 07-31-2013, 06:33 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post
From what I can tell its best to keep a new product very quiet until its already being produced.

Sema is coming up soon lots of products you can not buy yet or sometimes never!

Jason
I would keep my mouth shut. Folks either tear it to pieces or want it and can't get it.

I don't see the advantage of announcing somehtijng you're working on but can't sell.

Build thread:

post #7 of 9 Old 07-31-2013, 07:21 AM
Rock God

i dunno, it seems like easy market research. i think the only problem with it on a public forum is the vender needs to realize most people who contribute to their thread wont become a customer.

cuz were all super cheap
post #8 of 9 Old 07-31-2013, 07:29 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneck View Post
i dunno, it seems like easy market research. i think the only problem with it on a public forum is the vender needs to realize most people who contribute to their thread wont become a customer.

cuz were all super cheap
And that's fine. But I'd like to see it in general discussion. They may get more views there as well.

Build thread:

post #9 of 9 Old 08-01-2013, 11:54 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

How about a Coming Soon...sub forum? I can understand the free market research and yes Jeep owners are cheap, but feedback from "potential" consumers is probably valuable to some manufacturers that really are trying to be involved in the off road community.

On the flip side I am a little tired of reading a forum about some great new product only to find out 4 pages later that it is not available...then I feel like I have wasted my time.

Rodney
Famous Last Words
"Here, hold my beer and watch this!!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode