ROAD NAZIS.... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 Old 06-26-2013, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
ROAD NAZIS....

This is funny in a very sad way....

Top DHS checkpoint refusals - YouTube

Somethin's happenin' here,what it is ain't exactly clear,there's a man with a gun over there,a tellin' me,I have to beware.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 Old 06-26-2013, 06:20 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I've got real issues with checkpoints....they strike me as rather totalitarian and arbitrary. The supreme court ruled they are legal, no surprise.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
post #3 of 38 Old 06-26-2013, 06:26 PM
It never ends...

Pretty interesting video. I wonder if their aggressiveness is attenuated because of the camera. From the way they respond they a) don't have real authority to question and b) they don't have authority to detain. Is that right? No one has to answer questions?

I love Wheeling, it frees the mind
T-REX
Meet Rex Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Adventures of Rex Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 38 Old 06-26-2013, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftHandRubi View Post
Pretty interesting video. I wonder if their aggressiveness is attenuated because of the camera. From the way they respond they a) don't have real authority to question and b) they don't have authority to detain. Is that right? No one has to answer questions?
Apparently you don't have to comply,but in truth I don't know anymore.Scary shit none the less,imho.

Somethin's happenin' here,what it is ain't exactly clear,there's a man with a gun over there,a tellin' me,I have to beware.....
post #5 of 38 Old 06-26-2013, 07:01 PM
Rock God

I honestly have problems with checkpoints. I've been threw then s million times. They are there for a reason and they Catch allot of drug smugglers and human smugglers.

With that being said i have no problem telling someone that iam a US citizen and going on my merry way.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

CRAWLIN PERFORMANCE 602-552-6793
post #6 of 38 Old 06-26-2013, 07:25 PM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

I don't have a problem answering their questions either. If they can catch a dirtbag illegal moistback or a fucking tango trying to get in I'm all for that. Going down to Big Bend National Park and also driving along the Rio Grande to Big Bend Ranch State Park you'll see their presence is quite clear. I liken these men and women BP agents to the Vietnam Vets who ended up having military/civilian management type ticket punching, ladder climbing REMF's giving orders that some knew little about.

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved ©2015
post #7 of 38 Old 06-26-2013, 07:29 PM
It never ends...

I don't have a problem with answering either. I'm astounded though that they have no authority. (At least in the vid they don't).

T-REX
Meet Rex Thread:
post #8 of 38 Old 06-26-2013, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiCajun View Post
I don't have a problem answering their questions either. If they can catch a dirtbag illegal moistback or a fucking tango trying to get in I'm all for that. Going down to Big Bend National Park and also driving along the Rio Grande to Big Bend Ranch State Park you'll see their presence is quite clear. I liken these men and women BP agents to the Vietnam Vets who ended up having military/civilian management type ticket punching, ladder climbing REMF's giving orders that some knew little about.
?? I don't think I ever heard of that.I got turned down on almost every civilian job when I got back until I accounted for my four years in as 'self employed motorcycle mechanic'.When I put down I was in th' nam x2 it was an instant "we can't use you".

post #9 of 38 Old 06-26-2013, 07:46 PM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

I'm just talking about the way it was in late 70 when I got out Chief. The chain of command was deteriorating quickly as far as officers with combat experience willing to go out into the field and Washington having to much control over military decisions. I was lucky because they had to give my old job back to me, but I didn't talk any war shit until the mid to late 80's maybe. It seems that the BP troops haven't gotten much backing in the past do to mgr's in their chain of command caring more about appeasing their higher highers that helping their troops.

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved ©2015
post #10 of 38 Old 06-26-2013, 08:57 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

I totally understand the point of this sort of resistance but come on man, the guys and gals in this video were just doing a job. What harm is answering one or two questions?

Now the guy who wanted to inspect the motorhome, I might have had an issue with that if I was there.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #11 of 38 Old 06-26-2013, 08:58 PM
Rock God

I don't know why they are wasting their efforts messing with the Border Patrol when there are real issues at stake in this country that they could be focusing their efforts on. I understand the not allowing the search but a simple yes or no question? Cmon grow the F' up.
post #12 of 38 Old 06-26-2013, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXASKEV View Post
I totally understand the point of this sort of resistance but come on man, the guys and gals in this video were just doing a job. What harm is answering one or two questions?

Now the guy who wanted to inspect the motorhome, I might have had an issue with that if I was there.
I think the whole point is our country is turning into a police state.Sure they say it's to catch drug runners,illegal aliens and so on.If you have read our constitution you'll know it is against it.Add to that the run on our 2nd amendment rights etc you'll start to see the bigger picture.

post #13 of 38 Old 06-26-2013, 09:17 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robnoxious1 View Post
I don't know why they are wasting their efforts messing with the Border Patrol when there are real issues at stake in this country that they could be focusing their efforts on. I understand the not allowing the search but a simple yes or no question? Cmon grow the F' up.
Roger that. These are likely the same people that bitch and moan about lax immigration policies etc. Who sits around and decides that the best use of their time is to drive around intentionally trying and create confrontation with LEOs trying to do their jobs? Shit pisses me off.
post #14 of 38 Old 06-26-2013, 09:21 PM
JKO Addict!

We give up our rights a little bit at a time. Those BP and Fruit and Vegi Cops were trying to make people believe that they were legally obligated to follow their "orders". I find that far more offensive than people bringing that to our attention even if done in a douchebaggy manner.

And let's be honest they really aren't trying to catch illegals. Once we stop fooling ourselves into believing that BS the better off we will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnb2010 View Post
As BSack would probably say, the rewards of doing for others while seeking nothing makes one rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep Momma View Post
Had to google this...

Last edited by bsack; 06-26-2013 at 09:23 PM.
post #15 of 38 Old 06-27-2013, 12:52 AM
It never ends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
We give up our rights a little bit at a time. Those BP and Fruit and Vegi Cops were trying to make people believe that they were legally obligated to follow their "orders". I find that far more offensive than people bringing that to our attention even if done in a douchebaggy manner.

And let's be honest they really aren't trying to catch illegals. Once we stop fooling ourselves into believing that BS the better off we will be.
I agree. Looks a lot like "going through the motions".

We should be securing the border for real (no, I don't know how).

T-REX
Meet Rex Thread:

Last edited by LeftHandRubi; 06-27-2013 at 03:03 AM.
post #16 of 38 Old 06-27-2013, 05:49 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

I understand that the BP is just "doing their job" and that the low level guys are only following their orders and I have never even thought about not answering a question. But after seeing this and some of the comments I understand the opposition to this a little better.

Everything takes time to implement. A little bit of unlawful search here, a little bit of limiting freedom of speech there. Before long its just the norm. Then it will be too late to go back to the way it used to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #17 of 38 Old 06-27-2013, 07:36 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I am confused as to how these BP stops would even work... If I dont have a accent and say yes I am a US citizen then I am free to go?....

what bad guys dont Lie?

How I LEARNED TO STOP GIVING A SHIT AND LOVE MINDLESS SELF INDULGENCE

Itís time to reevaluate the way we coddle the future generation. Making mistakes and getting hurt is how you grow. Teaching kids to fear Pop Tarts is how you promote xenophobia. Letís get it together, America.
post #18 of 38 Old 06-27-2013, 07:37 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
I understand that the BP is just "doing their job" and that the low level guys are only following their orders and I have never even thought about not answering a question. But after seeing this and some of the comments I understand the opposition to this a little better.

Everything takes time to implement. A little bit of unlawful search here, a little bit of limiting freedom of speech there. Before long its just the norm. Then it will be too late to go back to the way it used to be.
Exactly right.They nibble away so's nobody notices and use the ever popular,"it's for your safety".Those that tried to order people to 'let them inspect' were ignorant bullies and had nothing to back them up except bullshit.If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.

post #19 of 38 Old 06-27-2013, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
I am confused as to how these BP stops would even work... If I dont have a accent and say yes I am a US citizen then I am free to go?....

what bad guys dont Lie?
Living in the southwest I have been through these damm things hundreds of times. They are a waste of my time and taxpayer dollars.

Lets put BORDER patrol on the border.

Quote:
Quote:
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #20 of 38 Old 06-27-2013, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Exactly right.They nibble away so's nobody notices and use the ever popular,"it's for your safety".Those that tried to order people to 'let them inspect' were ignorant bullies and had nothing to back them up except bullshit.If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Stealing that.

Quote:
Quote:
post #21 of 38 Old 06-27-2013, 07:43 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Lets put BORDER patrol on the border.
You hate our Southern friends, don't you?

I think we should give the Border Patrol ma dueces and not bean bag guns.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
post #22 of 38 Old 06-27-2013, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUCKDOG View Post

LOL, If I didn't know you better you would get a Gunny beatdown.

I believe that we should have a secure border north and south as we are a sovereign nation and that citizens of the United States should demand no less.

I would prefer M1A Abrams tanks with Ma Deuces on the north side of a wide deep canal filled with sharks and gators with lasers attached to them.

Quote:
Quote:
post #23 of 38 Old 06-27-2013, 07:49 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUCKDOG View Post

remember that scene in congo... with the automated machine guns...

point em south and forget about em.

31 jeeps in... still have issues
post #24 of 38 Old 06-27-2013, 07:51 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
LOL, If I didn't know you better you would get a Gunny beatdown.

I believe that we should have a secure border north and south as we are a sovereign nation and that citizens of the United States should demand no less.
And that is the key right there, we are a sovereign nation and have the right to act in our best interests. Just like Mexico does with its border controls and immigration laws. Too bad the left doesn't understand that.

post #25 of 38 Old 06-27-2013, 09:18 AM
Rock God

Left wont be happy until this countries just as messed up as Mexico.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode