JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum (https://www.jkowners.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (https://www.jkowners.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   Phoenix.. come in Phoenix.. you still there?? (https://www.jkowners.com/forum/chit-chat/55065-phoenix-come-phoenix-you-still-there.html)

HITMONEY 07-06-2011 04:28 PM

Phoenix.. come in Phoenix.. you still there??
 

highoctane 07-06-2011 04:42 PM

God how I hate sand storms. In southern Iraq you could see it coming in on the horizon for HOURS before it hit. When it hit, you couldn't see 5 ft in front of you.

WRMorrison 07-06-2011 05:11 PM

Haboobs suck... I had my ez-up in the back yard and it got ripped to shreds.

-WRM

RiverCityOffroad 07-06-2011 05:19 PM

39 Attachment(s)
Hay! Boobs!

Mr.RonGilbert 07-06-2011 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highoctane (Post 824935)
God how I hate sand storms. In southern Iraq you could see it coming in on the horizon for HOURS before it hit. When it hit, you couldn't see 5 ft in front of you.

I remember those fuckers well.... called Shamals or something like that. I like Haboob better.... shit would eat the paint off of the HMMWVs

Brutal.

Muvovr 07-06-2011 05:40 PM

I posted a picture of AZ this morning..........

That looks seriously Fucked Up !!!!

WRMorrison 07-06-2011 05:44 PM

I wanna try this during the next one:

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/d...ngsquirrel.jpg

-WRM

Moose512 07-06-2011 07:56 PM

Miami, This is Phoenix. Still here. Cough, Cough. Just a little dirty.

Sorry, was outside shoveling the inch of sand out of the bottom of my pool!

Haboobs suck!!

HITMONEY 07-06-2011 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose512 (Post 825129)
Miami, This is Phoenix. Still here. Cough, Cough. Just a little dirty.

Sorry, was outside shoveling the inch of sand out of the bottom of my pool!

Haboobs suck!!

Man if they did that it would be heaven on earth!

JohnnyWalker 07-06-2011 08:04 PM

Haboob is Arabic for Cereal. :JW:

BBirish 07-06-2011 08:06 PM

crazy stuff, cant even imagine what thats like. hope you all are alright, and hopefully the thin paint on your jeeps wasnt just sandblasted off

jdemonto 07-06-2011 08:17 PM

203 Attachment(s)
I still don't understand why this is news worthy? Happens all summer long...was this wall bigger than the other walls? WTF is a Haboob? Never heard of her:shaking:

Jason

zjr 07-06-2011 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HITMONEY (Post 825130)
Man if they did that it would be heaven on earth!

That one brought a tear to my eye...

nc_fjizzle 07-06-2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdemonto (Post 825154)
I still don't understand why this is news worthy? Happens all summer long...was this wall bigger than the other walls? WTF is a Haboob? Never heard of her:shaking:

Jason

Because all us poor fucks are just used to rain and humidity :laughing:

jdemonto 07-06-2011 09:37 PM

203 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc_fjizzle (Post 825200)
Because all us poor fucks are just used to rain and humidity :laughing:

Its a dry heat.....thats what they say! It was like 69% humidity today...

Jason

HITMONEY 07-06-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdemonto (Post 825212)
Its a dry heat.....thats what they say! It was like 69% humidity today...

Jason

Until you sweat while you are IN the shower you haven't experienced humidity.

Moose512 07-06-2011 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdemonto (Post 825212)
Its a dry heat.....thats what they say! It was like 69% humidity today...

Jason

Quote:

Originally Posted by HITMONEY (Post 825227)
Until you sweat while you are IN the shower you haven't experienced humidity.

So now we have sweaty haboobs that suck!:beer:

Still waiting to experience the "mud rain" they were talking about on the news. That is when you have rain clouds above the haboob and pretty much everything you own gets caked in mud.:shaking:

Explain to me again why all of our AC units are on the roof?

JKCTAZ 07-07-2011 01:46 AM

I just missed driving in that storm by 3 minutes. Was on my way back from UT with the family when I saw that freaking cloud and said "oh sheet!". My Wife didn't understand why it was such a big deal to me until we got inside and pulled the blinds up just in time to watch our neighbors tree get snapped in half. Then she was glad we weren't driving anymore.

Then I went about playing with herboobs...

jdemonto 07-07-2011 07:14 AM

203 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by HITMONEY (Post 825227)
Until you sweat while you are IN the shower you haven't experienced humidity.

I have. work on your Jeep on said day! Your sweat like a pig in heat, even in the shower! I like it dry, not all....sweaty!

Jason

jdemonto 07-07-2011 07:15 AM

203 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose512 (Post 825256)
So now we have sweaty haboobs that suck!:beer:

Still waiting to experience the "mud rain" they were talking about on the news. That is when you have rain clouds above the haboob and pretty much everything you own gets caked in mud.:shaking:

Explain to me again why all of our AC units are on the roof?


Years ago one of the salesmen went out in the mud rain in a white shirt and tie...he came back with a muddy ass shirt. It was funny as hell!

Jason

Phxjkx09 07-07-2011 07:12 PM

Just saw on the news that the haboob may now be linked to the economy!

Their logic goes something like this:
With urbanization, concrete, roads, buildings, etc cover up the desert soil, and thus keeps the dust down. But with all the foreclosures and vacant houses, the yards haven't been watered, therefore allows a bunch of dust to be available for the wind to pick up. Un-be-fuckenlieavable.

Not one of these TV a-holes noticed the dust storm was acomin' from 150 miles away? This is a damn desert after all! Not caused by vacant/foreclosed homes, idiots.

I've lived in this desert my whole life, haboobs just started recently. They were always dust storms before. :thefinger:

JaysJK 07-07-2011 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phxjkx09 (Post 826165)
Just saw on the news that the haboob may now be linked to the economy!

Their logic goes something like this:
With urbanization, concrete, roads, buildings, etc cover up the desert soil, and thus keeps the dust down. But with all the foreclosures and vacant houses, the yards haven't been watered, therefore allows a bunch of dust to be available for the wind to pick up. Un-be-fuckenlieavable.

Not one of these TV a-holes noticed the dust storm was acomin' from 150 miles away? This is a damn desert after all! Not caused by vacant/foreclosed homes, idiots.

I've lived in this desert my whole life, haboobs just started recently. They were always dust storms before. :thefinger:

Yup makes perfect sense. As the homes foreclose the dust moves in because prices are just so damned low. Then once a month or so all the dust heads into town to buy supplies and groceries. Unfortunately dust can't drive a car (they have a hard time with the AC) and so they head in on foot. As they walk down the street they gather all their friends and relatives (for reasons unknown to science) and they make a big hubbub (see rabble). The news, who is always screwing up everything, mistook this hubbub as a "haboob" and hence the name stuck.

jdemonto 07-07-2011 10:51 PM

203 Attachment(s)
I don't get it

Haboob

The name for sandstorms in the sudanese language; also a multi-puropse word.
ex.1 During the drought seasons, you can find a strong Haboob


alabama sand storm

Having sex on the beach. Once the man begins feeling his tingles and jingles, he ejaculates on the woman's face, then continues to throw sand at her face, making it stick.

Or

Arabian Sand-Storm

An "Arabian Sand-Storm" is basically another trick to play on your mates when they are passed out. It consists of putting a testicle in both eye sockets and flatulating in the recipiants mouth, giving them a dry mouth, bad breath and a furry pair of testes in their eyes for when they wake up.


Just a sand storm right?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome