need some prayers or thoughts for my little girl - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 289 Old 06-03-2011, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

need some prayers or thoughts for my little girl

had some really tough news today. my wife took my 6 day old baby girl in to the Dr's for a normal weight check and her screening that they did at the hospital came back for cystic fibrosis. we are absolutely blindsided and shocked. There's no history in our families.

our Pediatrician did a horrible job explaining it to my wife. at least her mother was with her. he woudlnt give any straight answers. my neighbor is a general practicioner and came over and read the results with us and she has both recessive genes. so she does have it, but we're getting the sweat test on wednesday to confirm.

Lots of tears today. it's hard to think that my beautiful little girl has such a horrible disease. My wife and i are both bound and determined to make her life the exact same as it would even if she didn't have it.

where i need you guys is if you want, pray for her daddy to be strong for her and her mommy. i'm realistic, i know there's no cure, but a huge responsibility has been put on my shoulders. I have to be the rock of this family and need all the help i can get.

anyway, I know i can be opinionated as hell but thanks for your support.

31 jeeps in... still have issues
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 289 Old 06-03-2011, 06:43 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Dude. I'm so sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family. I can't imagine the shock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Build Thread ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NE Trail Ride Thread ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
post #3 of 289 Old 06-03-2011, 07:04 PM
Rock God

I know how you feel. We went through a similar thing when my daughter was born. It's probably one of the worst feelings I have had. Our prayers will be with you and your family. Your daugher looks very cute. Congrats.

Last edited by WeGo4x4; 06-03-2011 at 07:14 PM.
post #4 of 289 Old 06-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Dammit. You, your wife, and your beautiful little girl are in my thoughts. Prayers sent.
post #5 of 289 Old 06-03-2011, 07:12 PM
fnc
Rock God

Really sorry to hear that. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I can taste your meat from all the way up here.
post #6 of 289 Old 06-03-2011, 07:14 PM
Rock God

Prayers sent. You will be stronger than you ever thought possible.

2014 Rubi Unlimited

2008 2dr X SOLD
with some chit on it
post #7 of 289 Old 06-03-2011, 07:18 PM
Rock God

You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers. I'm sure you will find the inner strength to be the rock for your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

post #8 of 289 Old 06-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Rock God

So sorry to hear this! No matter how short or long you may have, you have a beautiful little blessing there in a sweet tiny package. Enjoy every single minute you have. Many tough times are ahead but you will find the strength. As a father of a sick young boy with cancer of the sinuses, I have an idea of what you are going through. Hit me up anytime you want.
Dan
post #9 of 289 Old 06-03-2011, 07:21 PM
Rock God

I praying with you Bro! Both if my boys have a rare form of CF. We just did the sweat test on my 4 yr old and waiting on the results. Its N470V. Very rare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROBY

2008 Unlimited Black Sahara AKA Robicon
(O|||||||O)

Lifted with 35" MTR's, Detroit locked with 5.13's, Poison Spyder Front Bumper, Rockhard rear bumper, Rubi Rails, Poison Spyder flares, Rock Krawler front U & LCA's, Ocala Trail Scratches & some other bits and pieces.

God Bless those that keep our Freedom Free!!
John3:16

post #10 of 289 Old 06-03-2011, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

thanks guys. I never thought i could love someone so much... If you know me you know i'm not a mushy guy. But i literally felt like my chest was ripped open. i've never felt anything like it.

I need to channel what i'm feeling into determination...

31 jeeps in... still have issues
post #11 of 289 Old 06-03-2011, 07:29 PM
Rock God

Garage

I'm here for you Ryan, anything you need you know that

95 Hemi YJ on Treps with a ton of cool custom work

*gone*09rubi unlimited Rock Krawler 5.5 long arm w/rrd Coilovers 37 Falken wildpeak's Currie 60's
post #12 of 289 Old 06-03-2011, 07:30 PM
Rock God

I've seen you around forums for a while now but I have given you and your family and your beautiful daughter all my prayers.

Delano.

Cali Crew

My Youtube Channel:

post #13 of 289 Old 06-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
thanks guys. I never thought i could love someone so much... If you know me you know i'm not a mushy guy. But i literally felt like my chest was ripped open. i've never felt anything like it.

I need to channel what i'm feeling into determination...
Your daughter is beautiful. I am so sorry for what your family is going through.
You are stronger than you know. There is nothing more powerful than the bond between a Dad and his daughter. You are on the right path. Channel what you are feeling into unfailing determination to make her life as wonderful as possible. You are a good Dad.

Current Mods:
  1. Cleghorn tailpipe mod
  2. Cleghorn side step ventilation with Gold Mtn. enhancement
  3. Heartbreak Ridge bumper scuffs
  4. Goler gas tank skid mod
  5. Miscellaneous pin striping
  6. Woods evap cannister relocate (Wow, an intentional mod!)
  7. 2"BB and swapped in stock Rubi coils and shocks (thanks Seth!)
  8. Calico fender realignment and texturing
  9. Calico "explodey the side step" ez removal kit
  10. Stock Rubicon rails courtesy of JackTuttle (Thanks Jack!)
  11. Solid Axle dif covers
post #14 of 289 Old 06-03-2011, 07:41 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Prayers for your family and hoping for the best. Your daughter is beautiful. There is nothing that positive attitudes can overcome.

If there is anything you need, please feel free to ask. I have 1 and 4 year old girls, so I got some stuff!

River City Offroad
Metal Cloak
post #15 of 289 Old 06-03-2011, 07:52 PM
Coonasian

Garage

Quote:
My wife and i are both bound and determined to make her life the exact same as it would even if she didn't have it.
With this attitude, you will be just fine. I will be sure you are on our prayer list but you will have the strength you need and then some. Hang in there and be sure to know that we are all here for you if you need to talk, vent, or whatever. God bless you and your sweet little daughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSFROW
I love Walmart. Cheap shit, guns, knives, ammo, oil, chemicals, the biggest rubber selection I've ever seen and I always wondered how they could keep their prices so low and pay all the "entertainers" in the stores.

"Everything you never wanted to know about Cockatoos!" :
post #16 of 289 Old 06-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Wheeler

My wife and I will continue to pray for comfort and health for your daughter and family. We have a six-week old and went through some trying times in the beginning too. It seemed overwhelming at the time but got better. She is absolutely adorable! Take care of your girls.
post #17 of 289 Old 06-03-2011, 08:01 PM
Rock God

Garage

So sorry to hear this news. As Charlie said, you've got the right attitude. Stay strong man. Positive thoughts for the three of you.
post #18 of 289 Old 06-03-2011, 08:04 PM
JKO Addict!

Very sorry to hear this, I hate it when little ones get this sick. Keep your heads up and stay strong

|
|
post #19 of 289 Old 06-03-2011, 08:08 PM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to kerryp Send a message via Skype™ to kerryp

Sorry man. You will find inner strength you never knew you had. My prayers are with you and your family.

Sent from Motorola Atrix using Tapatalk

ジープ
@CigarsNJeeps
post #20 of 289 Old 06-03-2011, 08:09 PM
JKO Addict!

Rest In Peace Guinness. You will never be forgotten. My brother and my best friend
post #21 of 289 Old 06-03-2011, 08:11 PM
Rock God

Garage

Very sorry to hear what you are going through. My prayers go to you and your family.

You will find the strength. You just remember your beautiful wife and daughter need you. Be strong brother.

Prayers sent and will continue to pray.

Jester
Jester Offroad

863-875-7907
post #22 of 289 Old 06-03-2011, 08:12 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I never know what to say in these situations, other than I'll be thinking about and praying for your family.

Vidi, vici, veni

2008 Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler
post #23 of 289 Old 06-03-2011, 08:13 PM
Rock God

Garage

Best wishes, my thoughts are with you and yours.

Btw, that first pic is really cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.I.I.K View Post
Ok We need to organize a "Strippers and Blow Trail Run" It can raise money for college scholarships
Raleigh Meet and Greet,
Check the thread ------------->
post #24 of 289 Old 06-03-2011, 08:21 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Prayers.

Stay strong.
post #25 of 289 Old 06-03-2011, 08:26 PM
Banned

Ive been through some serious shit with my son when he was born weighing 2.5 lbs. You are about to find inner strength you never knew existed.

The Butters family has your family in their prayers. Take care.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode