US Deploys "game-changer" weapon - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 Old 12-01-2010, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!
 
priell3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Northcentral, PA
Age: 58
Posts: 2,286
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews
US Deploys "game-changer" weapon

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20101201...onsafghanistan


MikeP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

priell3 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 30 Old 12-01-2010, 11:43 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend
 
RiverCityOffroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 8,649
Garage
Feedback: 60 reviews

I need one of those for use in traffic.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RiverCityOffroad is offline  
post #3 of 30 Old 12-01-2010, 11:46 AM
Rock God
 
KMCobra64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Belmar, NJ
Age: 31
Posts: 718
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

um ... holy fawking sh*t thats awesome.

2DR '07 Rubicon 6 Spd, Jeep Green

Taller, heavier, slower, dirtier ... BETTER
KMCobra64 is offline  
post #4 of 30 Old 12-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Rock God
 
SFCCotton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: High Desert, CA
Posts: 1,466
Feedback: 1 reviews

It definatley is a great solution!
I loved my MK-19 Grenade Launcher in Somalia. Only drawback was having to "walk" the rounds onto target sometimes. But once you locked it in.....a launched grenade from 800 meters is devastating to the enemy!

This weapon took care of that problem.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SFCCotton is offline  
post #5 of 30 Old 12-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Breaker of nice things
 
merlin4979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Olathe, KS (Kansas City)
Age: 38
Posts: 2,477
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

Now I know what to ask Santa for!
merlin4979 is offline  
post #6 of 30 Old 12-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Rock God
 
Obstruction of Justice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal High Dezert
Age: 38
Posts: 1,665
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

That is awesome. Would love to see it in action!
Obstruction of Justice is offline  
post #7 of 30 Old 12-01-2010, 12:32 PM
Rock God
 
RamboSFJC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL
Posts: 587
Feedback: 0 reviews

i seen one on craigslist...

In 2009 a crack commando wheelin' unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the South Florida underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as wheelers of fortune. If you have a problem. If no one else can help. And if you can find them. Maybe you can wheel with The 50/50 Off-Road Team.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RamboSFJC is offline  
post #8 of 30 Old 12-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Rock God
 
ImmortalityLTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Yer Mahm
Age: 44
Posts: 1,103
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ImmortalityLTD

Quote:
The Pentagon plans to purchase at least 12,500 of the guns -- at a price tag of 25,000 to 30,000 dollars each -- beginning next year, enough for one in each Infantry squad and Special Forces team.
That's $375 million... for one weapon per squad.

Joel
2010 Tiki Rescue World Champion
ImmortalityLTD is offline  
post #9 of 30 Old 12-01-2010, 01:30 PM
Rock God
 
SFCCotton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: High Desert, CA
Posts: 1,466
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalityLTD View Post
That's $375 million... for one weapon per squad.
Badass weapon to kill the enemy = $30,000
12,500 of these weapons = $375,000,000

Watching a terrorists head explode behind a stone wall = PRICELESS!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SFCCotton is offline  
post #10 of 30 Old 12-01-2010, 01:33 PM
Wheeler
 
PipeHitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Age: 38
Posts: 35
Feedback: 0 reviews

That's awesome. It's like stealing candy from a baby.

Last edited by PipeHitter; 12-01-2010 at 10:06 PM.
PipeHitter is offline  
post #11 of 30 Old 12-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Rock God
 
JK-ADD77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,450
Feedback: 1 reviews

Yes! I do need one of those!

Damn, a 25mm shell up to 2,300 ft!!! "I piddy the fool!"

ADD


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JK-ADD77 is offline  
post #12 of 30 Old 12-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Rock God
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Louisa, KY
Age: 32
Posts: 765
Feedback: 0 reviews

I wanna see video of this thing NOW

No more Jeep
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sunburst Sahara is offline  
post #13 of 30 Old 12-01-2010, 01:57 PM
Rock God
 
Obstruction of Justice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal High Dezert
Age: 38
Posts: 1,665
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Wanna watch me make something disappear?
POOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchlayer View Post
I sometimes miss 70's bush
Obstruction of Justice is offline  
post #14 of 30 Old 12-01-2010, 02:45 PM
JKO Addict!
 
JohnnyWalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Age: 43
Posts: 2,293
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to JohnnyWalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipeHitter View Post
Combat over there is like stealing candy from a baby.
Please elaborate/clarify before I lose my shit in this thread. What does this mean?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
Did you just search for "gay" or "halo" and bump those threads?
JohnnyWalker is offline  
post #15 of 30 Old 12-01-2010, 03:07 PM
JKO Addict!
 
Loki646's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Orlando, FL
Age: 46
Posts: 4,103
Garage
Feedback: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obstruction of Justice View Post
Wanna watch me make something disappear?
POOF
Before:



After:



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Loki646 is offline  
post #16 of 30 Old 12-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Rock God
 
Obstruction of Justice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal High Dezert
Age: 38
Posts: 1,665
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

^^^^ tax dollars in action.
Obstruction of Justice is offline  
post #17 of 30 Old 12-01-2010, 03:49 PM
Wheeler
 
PipeHitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Age: 38
Posts: 35
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyWalker View Post
Please elaborate/clarify before I lose my shit in this thread. What does this mean?!?
It's a common expression. In short, we have a HUGE advantage over there. It's like an NFL team taking on a Jr High School football team. Get it?
PipeHitter is offline  
post #18 of 30 Old 12-01-2010, 04:21 PM
JKO Addict!
 
JohnnyWalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Age: 43
Posts: 2,293
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to JohnnyWalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipeHitter View Post
It's a common expression. In short, we have a HUGE advantage over there. It's like an NFL team taking on a Jr High School football team. Get it?
I thought as much. There are those that would greatly disagree with you and your analogy, but I can't fault you for looking at the big picture. Trust me... there's nothing easy about being over there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
Did you just search for "gay" or "halo" and bump those threads?
JohnnyWalker is offline  
post #19 of 30 Old 12-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Granite Guru
 
backroadman81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 175
Feedback: 1 reviews
backroadman81 is offline  
post #20 of 30 Old 12-01-2010, 05:08 PM
Wheeler
 
PipeHitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Age: 38
Posts: 35
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyWalker View Post
I thought as much. There are those that would greatly disagree with you and your analogy, but I can't fault you for looking at the big picture. Trust me... there's nothing easy about being over there.
Johnny, I've been there and done that (Infantry), and trust me when I say it could be FAR worse. Anybody who disagrees with my analogy has to realize the enemy we are fighting is not a formidable one. Whoever thinks they're in an equal match up over there is (in my opinion) ignorant and not ready for a full scale war. The soldiers I worked with all realized we have it good going over there. The enemy is outnumbered and outgunned, they lack technology, and they have NO AIR FORCE or NAVY, etc. See what I mean. Imagine for a moment we were fighting China or another world power. Food for thought.

Last edited by PipeHitter; 12-01-2010 at 05:34 PM.
PipeHitter is offline  
post #21 of 30 Old 12-01-2010, 05:15 PM
JKO Addict!
 
Hittnthebz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Roanoke, VA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,851
Feedback: 0 reviews

That thing is badass but I agree that in the enemy's hands I don't like it.
Hittnthebz is offline  
post #22 of 30 Old 12-01-2010, 05:55 PM
JKO Addict!
 
JohnnyWalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Age: 43
Posts: 2,293
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to JohnnyWalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipeHitter View Post
Johnny, I've been there and done that (Infantry), and trust me when I say it could be FAR worse. Anybody who disagrees with my analogy has to realize the enemy we are fighting is not a formidable one. Whoever thinks they're in an equal match up over there is (in my opinion) ignorant and not ready for a full scale war. The soldiers I worked with all realized we have it good going over there. The enemy is outnumbered and outgunned, they lack technology, and they have NO AIR FORCE or NAVY, etc. See what I mean. Imagine for a moment we were fighting China or another world power. Food for thought.
Really? From the standpoint of an infantryman, I would imagine the matchup to be somewhat equal, if not leveraged against me. Here I am, in his homeland, walking around looking for him and praying to God that my buddies and I all make it back. I seriously don't believe that the soldiers you worked with thought you had it good, especially if you were actively patroling.
Of course it could be much worse. We're not at war with a nation so we don't have to worry about an Air Force or a Navy. That doesn't mean shit to the guy with boots on the ground. HIS war is being fought one patrol at a time, against an enemy that is more sophisticated and tactically proficient than most think. I never once considered myself lucky to be in Iraq... because there were people trying to kill me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
Did you just search for "gay" or "halo" and bump those threads?
JohnnyWalker is offline  
post #23 of 30 Old 12-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Wheeler
 
PipeHitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Age: 38
Posts: 35
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyWalker View Post
Really? From the standpoint of an infantryman, I would imagine the matchup to be somewhat equal, if not leveraged against me. Here I am, in his homeland, walking around looking for him and praying to God that my buddies and I all make it back. I seriously don't believe that the soldiers you worked with thought you had it good, especially if you were actively patroling.
Of course it could be much worse. We're not at war with a nation so we don't have to worry about an Air Force or a Navy. That doesn't mean shit to the guy with boots on the ground. HIS war is being fought one patrol at a time, against an enemy that is more sophisticated and tactically proficient than most think. I never once considered myself lucky to be in Iraq... because there were people trying to kill me.
Not sure why you're giving me the boots on the ground lecture, but cheers to another infantry guy Please don't let my optimism or warrior mindset upset you. We are the predator, not the prey. And I don't care if you believe me or not. Agree to disagree.

Last edited by PipeHitter; 12-01-2010 at 10:22 PM.
PipeHitter is offline  
post #24 of 30 Old 12-02-2010, 04:47 AM
JKO Addict!
 
JohnnyWalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Age: 43
Posts: 2,293
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to JohnnyWalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipeHitter View Post
Not sure why you're giving me the boots on the ground lecture, but cheers to another infantry guy Please don't let my optimism or warrior mindset upset you. We are the predator, not the prey. And I don't care if you believe me or not. Agree to disagree.
You're "warrior mindset" will get you killed. It ain't Call of Duty over there, Cheech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
Did you just search for "gay" or "halo" and bump those threads?
JohnnyWalker is offline  
post #25 of 30 Old 12-02-2010, 09:26 AM
Wheeler
 
PipeHitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Age: 38
Posts: 35
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyWalker View Post
You're "warrior mindset" will get you killed. It ain't Call of Duty over there, Cheech.
Wow. You sound like a sheep, not a sheepdog. I don't know who Cheech is, and I don't play video games thanks. I also didn't realize you were a pussy. The "warrior mindset" I was talking about is something I got from Lieutenant Colonel Dave Grossman before Afghanistan. Here's a link: http://www.killology.com/bio.htm and a quote: Grossman's book Warrior Mindset presents psychological techniques and training to develop Mental Toughness, a Survival Mindset, and a Hardened Focus. In an easy-to-read format, you will learn simple techniques to integrate psychological skills with physical and tactical training to add a dimension that is often overlooked, but necessary to achieve maximal performance excellence as a modern warrior.
PipeHitter is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome