Originally Posted by bfj aka tambil
As for next Pres... I sure hope the clueless population that is voting for one of the MOST socialistic candidates in our history are out numbered by the wiser voters.
Change is a nice platform, Adolph Hitler used it to take control of Germany.
Change happens everyday, like it or not.
The only thing that has kept our country great for so many years is our foundation!
The Constitution of The United States of America and our Bill of Rights
I am troubled that our failing (yes among the bottom of civilized countries) school system has missed this valuable underlying premise in teaching America's youth.
I am scared that we are contemplating the election of a person who believes our CONSTITUTION is flawed! Do yourself a favor and look up two things. (wikipedia) and dictionary.. The word constitution and The US Constitution.
And if the reason you might consider the great "change" is because of the rhetoric of "failed economic policy" Then ponder these two facts. The World economy is faltering or correcting/ recession. THE WORLDS economies..not only the US.
And if it is "healthcare" promises.. The proposed solution is a JOKE. Insurance is NOT healthcare, why are these idiots believing that Insurance is the solution to a healthcare cost issue?
Please America put on your thinking cap. This is smoke and mirror at its best. Research more then media rhetoric, read your history and get this one right. Then teach your kids how to make informed decisions for their future.
1. You must be referring to the clueless population that elected the least capable president in certainly recent U.S. history - Bush 2.
2. Socially connected and socially conscious is totally different than socialistic so scare tactic number one - OOOOhhhhh Socialist.
3. Ooohhh scare tactic 2 - throw the Hitler card when you can't articulate an actual commentary. Then Change happens - you're right. Bush changed us from an actual surplus economy/budget to going into debt billions of dollars per month.... per month.
4. The whole next commentary on the constitution makes absolutely no sense. So next one.
5. Of course there are elements of our constitution that are flawed over 200 years later. They can't be changed without a constitutional ammendment voted by the citizens of this country so scare tactic 3 means zero, nothing. Senator Obama is a constitutional scholar and, I'm sure has the highest regard for our "founding documents". But you're right, under Bush 2 the U.S. constitution has ben ignored, circumvented and drug thruogh the mud around the world. He has shown the world that under a Hitler-esque regime, we will tap the phones of Americans, ignore the Geneva convention and improperly torture prisoners on U.S. soil. Not to mention outing covert CIA operatives becasue their husbands don't tow the Bush line. As a former intelligence dude, that my friend is espoinage and punnishable by life in prison or death. Thats change I can't wait to get rid of.
6. The worlds economies are failing BECAUSE of U.S. economic failures. The worlds economies - Europe and Asia - are tied to the U.S. economy because we had been a beacon of trust and dependability to the world. No longer. Now, because we (as a nation) let unregulated Wall St. types run our economy into the ground, other coutries and complete economies are being flushed down the toilet along with us. If we continue to borrow (debtor society) from these nations we will be continuously in their debt for generations. We will no longer be a super anything - especially super-power because we will be seen as idiots to the world, in debt unable to even pay our bills.
7. Don't even start on health care. The current system is laughable. We spend more money on less health care than most advanced countries. The only people who think national health care shouldn't happen are people with health insurance. What about the other 27% of our country? They don't deserve health care if they work hard but don't get company coverage or can't afford it or have an existing condition? The rich have it, the poorest have it but too many hard-working people can't cover their families because of above mentioned issues. EVERY person in this country deserves to have the same health care that every government employee enjoys - can't be cancelled, can't be rejected and a choice of providers.
No matter what you think about Obama, Bush or McCain - we can't do any worse than what we've endured for 8 years. So the choice is more of the same with McCain or a chance at vast improvement under Obama.
So your only options now are to form an articulate sentence, without the pointless scare/smear tactics that have cost McCain and Palin the election to speak intelligently about facts or ............. start with the ignorant name calling and sentence fragments.