Fourwheeler with Ian on Motortrend - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 10-10-2019, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Fourwheeler with Ian on Motortrend

Anyone watching the show?

I caught the first 2 episodes and I have to say not loving it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 10-10-2019, 09:02 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

I haven't caught it. Just boring?
I've seen other stuff he's been host or involved in & it's been alright.
Alot has to do w/ whomever is producing a show like that . Budget for writing or proofing , etc.
I don't know him but I've seen Ian's stuff in person ( he has tested builds at one of my home parks) & he can fabricate legitimately.He can wheel,too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 Old 10-11-2019, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post

I haven't caught it. Just boring?
I've seen other stuff he's been host or involved in & it's been alright.
Alot has to do w/ whomever is producing a show like that . Budget for writing or proofing , etc.
I don't know him but I've seen Ian's stuff in person ( he has tested builds at one of my home parks) & he can fabricate legitimately.He can wheel,too.

I think is a combination of things:

Production sucks. They play some cheesy music during fast forward in time montages which is annoying.
The studio seems to be less lit than his other show. Just doesnt feel as lively.
Add to that, Ian's attitude seems less energetic. To me it feels like "Im been doing this for over a decade. Im a little gassed"
They have less sponsorship and they wont plug those who arent sponsoring. He is installed Spidertrax axles and wont mention the brand. For some reason, that irks me.

Yes I know thats a lot of complaining. This is shit shat after all...

post #4 of 10 Old 10-12-2019, 02:12 PM
Rock God

You need to remember these shows are a business. If they mention something they bought, it means someone is getting free advertising, and they got paid to be mentioned. It makes perfect sense to not mention what they use, if it wasnt a promotional or advertising item. As the show becomes established, just watch what happens.
post #5 of 10 Old 10-12-2019, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
I think is a combination of things:

Production sucks. They play some cheesy music during fast forward in time montages which is annoying.
The studio seems to be less lit than his other show. Just doesnt feel as lively.
Add to that, Ian's attitude seems less energetic. To me it feels like "Im been doing this for over a decade. Im a little gassed"
They have less sponsorship and they wont plug those who arent sponsoring. He is installed Spidertrax axles and wont mention the brand. For some reason, that irks me.

Yes I know thats a lot of complaining. This is shit shat after all...

no, you're spot on to be critical. I'm noticing less quality in production ,too, especially in television media. The focus isn't just on marketing for tv any more & I can imagine what you reference , aesthetics-wise. it can mean watchability versus a cringeworthy program

post #6 of 10 Old 10-14-2019, 07:56 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az Scooter View Post
You need to remember these shows are a business. If they mention something they bought, it means someone is getting free advertising, and they got paid to be mentioned. It makes perfect sense to not mention what they use, if it wasnt a promotional or advertising item. As the show becomes established, just watch what happens.
Oh I get its a business but lets be real this isnt going to be the last time Ian uses Spidertrax axles and it isnt the first. Im sure he had some rapport with Spidertrax from all the times he used them on Xtreme. They should have named them and then said "hey first one is on us" especially if they are trying to build their new reputation up. Guess I do business differently...

post #7 of 10 Old 10-14-2019, 04:11 PM
Rock God

Garage

Just watched episode 1. Not sure when it was produced but I wonder if Ian’s (lack of better term) enthusiasm is from Jessie’s passing.

He doesn’t seem like he was on the other shows. I haven’t met him but I have buddies back east that have and said he was a great guy.

Curious to see how this show is after a few episodes. I’m just starting episode 2 now.

NDTguy

2017 JKU Sport S
post #8 of 10 Old 10-14-2019, 04:13 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Oh I getThey should have named them and then said "hey first one is on us" especially if they are trying to build their new reputation up. Guess I do business differently...
Agreed.

NDTguy

2017 JKU Sport S
post #9 of 10 Old 10-16-2019, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Got to episode 3.

Ian is finally showing a little enthusiasm.
He still doesnt mention the company by name but the logo is blatantly displayed now. Kinda funny to watch him not actually mention the company.

post #10 of 10 Old 10-16-2019, 12:56 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Got to episode 3.

Ian is finally showing a little enthusiasm.
He still doesnt mention the company by name but the logo is blatantly displayed now. Kinda funny to watch him not actually mention the company.

Has Ian got sum' Edtardo goin' on ?

No pay , no play .

I really don't think I would step in a pile of dog shit without gettin' paid for it in the situation that these advertising info-commercials go.

The purpose of these types of endorsement how to productions are looking for production dollars .
Notice how empty the walls of the building are , then look at the walls of the established productions , there is a reason .
Think about the body of a pro class race vehicle , there will be additions to the walls and the scripts when a following is established .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode