Trophy Trucks are so Cool - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old 09-19-2019, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Trophy Trucks are so Cool

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 09-19-2019, 03:08 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
I wonder if Bernie or Elizabeth (Pocahontas) will buy us all one if we crowd all the safe spaces .

dahreno likes this.
post #3 of 29 Old 09-19-2019, 08:11 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Ya, completely badass.
ALASHA likes this.

Kevin
post #4 of 29 Old 09-20-2019, 07:47 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

There is also a video from about a year ago of Andy's 2wd also built by Mason Motorsports

un lupus likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 29 Old 09-20-2019, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

the spindle, upright portal design as it lies ( w/ the badass , proprietary
front diff/transfer case combo
) together in the plane of that gullwing shaped lower CA reminds me of how the F4-U Corsair warbird lower wings allowed for prop room & landing gear strength back in ww2.

that truck is otherworldly amazing.

post #6 of 29 Old 09-20-2019, 12:06 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I bet within the next 5 years or so they'll get rid of the jungle gym of tube and you'll start seeing CF tubs being used.

Kevin
post #7 of 29 Old 09-20-2019, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1guy View Post
I bet within the next 5 years or so they'll get rid of the jungle gym of tube and you'll start seeing CF tubs being used.
That would very interesting to see. Hypercars and high dollar race cars today do that with a monocoque which has proven more than strong enough to keep the occupant safe but Im not sure that material is designed to handle the stresses of an offroad race. In this kind of application, the structure would be constantly getting opposing twisting motions slowly stressing the CF. Im not a expert on this so I am not saying its impossible just difficult for sure.

I think with the level of spending, next up is titanium jungle gyms. The really high dollar drag cars are doing that now I believe so cant see why it wont apply here.

post #8 of 29 Old 09-20-2019, 12:41 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I think they are already there with tub designs. The loads on F1 cars and LeMans prototypes from aero and cornering are incredible. The engines, wings and suspension pick up points all attach to the tub.

Now, they're not bouncing off immovable objects all the time like the trucks are.

It is great to see the highend tech make it's way into the TT world. They've been definitely behind the times for years.

Kevin
post #9 of 29 Old 09-20-2019, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

i wish I could get put behind the wheel of one of 'em...

post #10 of 29 Old 09-20-2019, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
One year wait and only 700K if you want 4wd, and that wish can be a reality

Bet you can buy this one used for ~500K in a year...
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.

post #11 of 29 Old 09-20-2019, 03:49 PM
Rock God

$700k, that's it? Sign me up for 7. Give me one for each day of the week.

I bet you Unlimited guys would ask if it came in a 4-door.

2010 2 door manual sport
post #12 of 29 Old 09-20-2019, 04:56 PM
Random Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treader View Post

They're holding out until CF sippy cup holders are available for the 2nd row passengers

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
-The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room-

<-- Random crap you might find useful
post #13 of 29 Old 09-20-2019, 07:12 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treader View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
They're holding out until CF sippy cup holders are available for the 2nd row passengers

Sippy cups in a TT are only a button push away
ALASHA likes this.

Kevin
post #14 of 29 Old 09-22-2019, 09:44 AM
Wheeler

Quote:

A trip to Vegas and $1200 will put you behind the wheel of a TT at Vegas Off Road Extreme for about 3hrs. I did there desert package 3yrs ago and it was beyond AWESOME! Worth every penny!
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.
post #15 of 29 Old 09-22-2019, 11:12 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOWPOKE693 View Post
A trip to Vegas and $1200 will put you behind the wheel of a TT at Vegas Off Road Extreme for about 3hrs. I did there desert package 3yrs ago and it was beyond AWESOME! Worth every penny!

That would be funner than a $1200 whore. Don't get in trouble for beating the hell out of it.

Kevin
post #16 of 29 Old 09-22-2019, 01:06 PM
Rock God

Yeah and you would get a full 3 hours of pleasure. On the whore side, youíd get 2 minutes and pleasure at 178 minutes of cuddling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2010 2 door manual sport
post #17 of 29 Old 09-22-2019, 08:18 PM
Wheeler

To date, that trip was the most fun thing I have ever done in my life. I've raced dirt bikes, pro stock roundy-round cars, go carts and dabbled a little in drag racing and none of it even comes close to the 3hrs I spent strapped in that truck floating across the desert behind the leader!

I really want to go again, but explaining to my wife that I need to take a quick 2 day trip to Vegas by myself and will spend $1500 in 3hrs isn't going over well. Lmao
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.
post #18 of 29 Old 09-22-2019, 11:04 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
To date, that trip was the most fun thing I have ever done in my life. I've raced dirt bikes, pro stock roundy-round cars, go carts and dabbled a little in drag racing and none of it even comes close to the 3hrs I spent strapped in that truck floating across the desert behind the leader!

I really want to go again, but explaining to my wife that I need to take a quick 2 day trip to Vegas by myself and will spend $1500 in 3hrs isn't going over well. Lmao

If you don't come home with a STD or needle marks on your arms, all is good.

I'd think a TT would be the 4 wheel version of a motocross bike.

Kevin
post #19 of 29 Old 09-23-2019, 05:08 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:

I am sharing this information w/ my wife & teenage kids. If they care for their father& husband's wellness, they'll look into what they need to do to get me there. Thanks for the tip!

edit: holy crap , they would find me , sitting /grinning at wherever I was unable to purchase further fuel for it to keep running .
I must do this.

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 09-23-2019 at 05:21 AM.
post #20 of 29 Old 09-23-2019, 05:11 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1guy View Post
That would be funner than a $1200 whore. Don't get in trouble for beating the hell out of it.

part of the excitement would be finally running something that I more than likely couldn't tearup by driving it properly. I mean, you've seen some vidz of my slow, crawl driving but not anything where I use throttle

post #21 of 29 Old 09-23-2019, 10:08 AM
Wheeler

Looks like they changed up their TT driving experience. There was no 1 mile track when I went there. The "driving school" was going out in the desert in a TT, instructor strapped in next to you and another TT chase truck out front. The more comfortable the instructor got with my driving while giving instructions, the faster he told the chase truck to go. I think we hit close to 75-80mph on the smoother terrain and jumped the truck over a couple dirt roads.

Track would still be a fun time, but that desert trip I will never forget!
post #22 of 29 Old 10-01-2019, 06:11 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:

I am sharing this information w/ my wife & teenage kids. If they care for their father& husband's wellness, they'll look into what they need to do to get me there. Thanks for the tip!

edit: holy crap , they would find me , sitting /grinning at wherever I was unable to purchase further fuel for it to keep running .
I must do this.

https://youtu.be/Ha3RDvuIu8k

I need this in my life
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.

31 jeeps in... still have issues
post #23 of 29 Old 10-01-2019, 09:43 AM
Rock God

Quote:

part of the excitement would be finally running something that I more than likely couldn't tearup by driving it properly. I mean, you've seen some vidz of my slow, crawl driving but not anything where I use throttle
You should just start working up on highspeed stuff and see where it takes you. A JK takes unbelievable abuse. Have to make sure your setup is truly bump stopped correctly for full compression which most people aren't and don't even check for, you don't want stuff grenading on up-travel. Most people check on flex but that is not enough, you need to pull springs and see what true full compression does before hitting highspeed stuff or you could be in a world of hurt.

Otherwise hit it and see what happens. I've been truly amazed by what I can do on my trussed/sleeved stock D44's (that said my front is trussed C-to-C which you can't do if you're running coil springs). I run through big whoops at 50MPH+, jumps, etc. and have never broken anything doing that activity (that said, I fully expected to, and expect I some day will). Honestly I've even found the 3.6L has plenty of power to have quite a bit of fun on highspeed stuff (of course more power would be fun, but when is that not the case). You'll never get to trophy truck speeds, but I have plenty of fun locking into 2nd gear and just run it up to 5000RPM+ full throttle, honestly it has enough power to charge through whoops. Only real power limit is when you come around a corner and need to immediately gun it to charge through a section, can't accelerate and have to bail out.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying a JK is a trophy truck by any means. But people should be less scared to have some highspeed fun if you're built well!
post #24 of 29 Old 10-01-2019, 11:14 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

This was filmed with the Virb 360, so you can move the view around.

Watch out for cows at 110mph!

j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.

Kevin
post #25 of 29 Old 10-01-2019, 11:30 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Just a little trail ride with friends.

j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.

Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode