the modern jeep owner is a sad reflection of what used to be... - Page 3 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 98 Old 02-12-2019, 05:01 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

all answers acceptable. My peeps have not let me down ...well done , fellas...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 98 Old 02-12-2019, 06:54 AM
JKO Addict!

Drive the one in the first pic. If anyone asks what happened, Ill just tell them I hucked it 10 feet in the air and this is the result. Straight up street...err...offroad cred
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #53 of 98 Old 02-12-2019, 07:16 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

I say the first one, swap in an LT5, and go racing.
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.

2012 JKU Rubicon - Build Thread -
post #54 of 98 Old 02-12-2019, 01:58 PM
Granite Guru

Garage
sad reflection...

I agree that what anyone else does to his Jeep doesn't have to affect me or what I do with mine. But I threw-up a little in the back of my throat seeing some of those.
post #55 of 98 Old 02-12-2019, 07:45 PM
V8 dreams

*orders angry bird grill
j3ff3ry_j33p and un lupus like this.

2010 Silver JKU
post #56 of 98 Old 02-13-2019, 05:29 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS2 View Post
I agree that what anyone else does to his Jeep doesn't have to affect me or what I do with mine. But I threw-up a little in the back of my throat seeing some of those.

yup.

post #57 of 98 Old 02-13-2019, 06:06 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coilrod View Post
Fuck Jeep. I bought a JKUR in late 2009 for $34,000 Canadian. The same thing in a JL is $58,000. I'm no Kowboy, that shit's outta my reach these days.
I have to agree. My '09 JKUR was bought new in April 2009 for $30,500, after "employee pricing" and a $1,500 rebate. Having at that time owned a nicely built '94 YJ for 14 years that I bought used for $13,500 I thought paying $30k+ for a Jeep was insane, but I wasn;t getting any younger. Last weekend I cruised our dealer's lot and there wasn't a single JLUR for under $52k. They had one they'd added the little 2" Mopar lift and 35s to, it was over $59k! What, are you gonna take that thing over to Moab (3 hours from here) and take it out on the rocks? Sorry folks, I'm out of this game.

'09 JKRU. 4" Teraflex long arm, Teraflex R44 housing, Teraflex / Fox Resis, Poly Performance skids, Nemesis Billy Rockers, Nemesis flares, 37" ATZ P3s on 17" 5x5.5" Trailready HDs, Spyntec hubs, Teraflex BBK, Mopar BBK master/booster, Superior front & Alloy USA rear axle shafts, CTMs, Reids, Synergy drag link & tie rod, WTOR hydro-boosted steering, 5.38s, TF Dual Rate front bar, TF bumpers, Warn Powerplant, Tom Woods shafts, AA xfer case cable, Kilby canister relo, RH4x4 cage.
post #58 of 98 Old 02-13-2019, 06:12 AM

Garage

you obviously know nothing about bikers. I've been ridin Harley's for 43 years. Have 4 in the garage. Don't do drugs, never have. Don't have a criminal record. Bought my first Jeep brand new in 1976, when the CJ7 first came out. Got both hard and soft tops, a 304 v8 engine, and a total cost of $6000 new.
Before you start bad mouthing some of the Jeep owners out there, you should talk to a few. Between spending my career drivin big rigs all over the east coast and Canada, and having back problems, at 69 years old I still get around. But my present Jeep doesn't get off road very often. But I enjoy riding it < and yes, it has a 3" lift and 35's.
Jadmt likes this.
post #59 of 98 Old 02-13-2019, 06:16 AM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyteam View Post
you obviously know nothing about bikers. I've been ridin Harley's for 43 years. Have 4 in the garage. Don't do drugs, never have. Don't have a criminal record. Bought my first Jeep brand new in 1976, when the CJ7 first came out. Got both hard and soft tops, a 304 v8 engine, and a total cost of $6000 new.
Before you start bad mouthing some of the Jeep owners out there, you should talk to a few. Between spending my career drivin big rigs all over the east coast and Canada, and having back problems, at 69 years old I still get around. But my present Jeep doesn't get off road very often. But I enjoy riding it < and yes, it has a 3" lift and 35's.

Jeep are like Harleys. You have real bikers that smell bad and sell drugs, and you have all the rest. All the rest is probably the bigger number. Jeeps are no different.

It just is what it is. Same can be said for Mustangs, Camaros, Corvettes, you name it.

The only group that has stayed cool........is motocross riders.
post #60 of 98 Old 02-13-2019, 06:18 AM

Garage

Quote:
Quote:
Jeep are like Harleys. You have real bikers that smell bad and sell drugs, and you have all the rest. All the rest is probably the bigger number. Jeeps are no different.

It just is what it is. Same can be said for Mustangs, Camaros, Corvettes, you name it.

The only group that has stayed cool........is motocross riders.
guess I need to figure out how to do this quote thingy
post #61 of 98 Old 02-13-2019, 07:18 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Quote:
I talk to a lot both online and face to face. We all agree that a lot of the new jeepers are just plain in it for the looks. We had a guy here in town running 36 x 14.50x 17 tires on his jeep. It looked stupid as fuck and never left the pavement.

They JKU both helped and hurt the off road community. It for sure helped jeep's bottom line so they will keep making them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #62 of 98 Old 02-13-2019, 07:22 AM
Rock God

Quoting your own quote, to quote it again is fucking badassery. Trying giving yourself some likes there too.

2010 2 door manual sport
post #63 of 98 Old 02-13-2019, 08:05 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

31 jeeps in... still have issues
post #64 of 98 Old 02-13-2019, 10:42 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Lets not forget that the "other" Jeepers probably think we're idiots too.

Can we just agree that we're all idiots?

I can't prove that I'm not.
WarMachine, Treader and mmilburn like this.

Kevin
post #65 of 98 Old 02-13-2019, 02:53 PM
Wheeler

I just got another Jeep for the looks. I will probably screw it up trying to make it functional.
Attached Images

08 JKU
78 Fj-40
67 M715
47 CJ-2A
post #66 of 98 Old 02-13-2019, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1guy View Post
Lets not forget that the "other" Jeepers probably think we're idiots too.

Can we just agree that we're all idiots?

I can't prove that I'm not.

All respect, buddy but I dunno 'bout that... I used to think that same way...that it went both ways.

But let's get real here ; when I really try to put myself in the place of some dirt-road-seeking, bolt-on braggart- w/ angry eyes scowling with thier green...no, ORANGE! DRLs, LEDs blazing -

I'm pretty sure
I'd get a good look at your build and be like....
Banshee likes this.

post #67 of 98 Old 02-13-2019, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmilburn View Post
I just got another Jeep for the looks. I will probably screw it up trying to make it functional.

oh, freakin' -A that is cool
mmilburn likes this.

post #68 of 98 Old 02-13-2019, 07:38 PM
Granite Guru

I'll admit I spend too much time on Facebook on Jeep sites. I no longer know why. More and more do I see people only interested in angry grills, cheap lifts, big tires, and how they look, and pricing, no concern about quality, and why should they? they never off road and don't have to concern themselves with breaking down on pavement. If I didn't go off road, I wouldn't drive a Jeep. They are no sports car on road, that's for sure. It's a shame that so many have no idea where their Jeeps can take them, and the great memories they could have.
post #69 of 98 Old 02-14-2019, 06:04 AM
Wheeler

I can only hope that some will come around, some never will. People need to be made fun of sometimes it builds character and checks the ego.

However, it makes me think back to high school and wanting to do cool stuff but not having the knowledge, money, tools, and skills to do any of it. Then I end up doing stupid stuff or a terrible job because I did not know what I was doing. I had no speedo in my Suburban for a few years because I really needed those silver glow gauges and totally muffed my cluster all to hell. Learned a lot the hard way by failing or from ridicule.

08 JKU
78 Fj-40
67 M715
47 CJ-2A
post #70 of 98 Old 02-14-2019, 10:11 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmilburn View Post
I can only hope that some will come around, some never will. People need to be made fun of sometimes it builds character and checks the ego.

However, it makes me think back to high school and wanting to do cool stuff but not having the knowledge, money, tools, and skills to do any of it. Then I end up doing stupid stuff or a terrible job because I did not know what I was doing. I had no speedo in my Suburban for a few years because I really needed those silver glow gauges and totally muffed my cluster all to hell. Learned a lot the hard way by failing or from ridicule.
Have to cut high school age kids some slack for doing dumb shit. Like you said, they lack the knowledge. Now days, I'm just glad to see them turning a wrench, even if it's on a turd.

A grown ass man going for the angry bird eyes is another story.

Kevin
post #71 of 98 Old 02-14-2019, 10:58 PM
Granite Guru

No one ever said they were High School Kids. On the contrary, these people are buying new Jeeps, highly unlikely H.S.students.
post #72 of 98 Old 02-15-2019, 09:47 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahreno View Post
No one ever said they were High School Kids. On the contrary, these people are buying new Jeeps, highly unlikely H.S.students.
I was commenting on what @mmilburn said. Wasn't really even about Jeeps, just stupid stuff H.S.'ers do through lack of knowledge.

Than I said:

Quote:
A grown ass man going for the angry bird eyes is another story.
Work with me here.
Rodjk and mmilburn like this.

Kevin
post #73 of 98 Old 02-15-2019, 02:56 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1guy View Post
I was commenting on what @mmilburn said. Wasn't really even about Jeeps, just stupid stuff H.S.'ers do through lack of knowledge.

Than I said:

Work with me here.
LMFAO Need our new moderator to move this to the high school section.

08 JKU
78 Fj-40
67 M715
47 CJ-2A
post #74 of 98 Old 02-15-2019, 03:01 PM
Wheeler

It is confusing why these trends happen. I have a friend that last week sent me a photo of his TJ with eyelashes, fucking eyelashes. This guy is the last person I ever expected to see him do that but sure as shit he did.

08 JKU
78 Fj-40
67 M715
47 CJ-2A
post #75 of 98 Old 02-15-2019, 03:05 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Why are you dudes shit canning these muppets?
Once the novelty of owning a solid axle road vehicle wears off, we'll be able to buy them at a much reduced price with absolutely no wear on the 4x4 components and just a heap of ugly arsed parts to remove..
I call that a win...

Now I just sit here patiently and wait for a JT to get 'blinged out'
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode