the modern jeep owner is a sad reflection of what used to be... - Page 2 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #26 of 98 Old 02-06-2019, 12:40 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post

And later that evening......

Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #27 of 98 Old 02-06-2019, 03:29 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

You got a purty mouth , boy.....

(edit: work is hard enough with sight ; Kevin thinks we need to be blind ,too )

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 02-06-2019 at 03:32 AM.
post #28 of 98 Old 02-06-2019, 04:26 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

just flat out wrong.
aqualungs likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #29 of 98 Old 02-06-2019, 04:35 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason View Post
Actually Iím pretty sure the Dana 80 axle was originally designed for use in dually trucks dating back to about 1988
Agreed. But I was assumin' the "fancy D80" I was accused of havin' refers to DynaTrac's ProRock80 which I thought was designed for the buggy crowd but Kevin don't seem to think so.

So maybe I do indeed owe the origins of my fancy D80 axles on both my rigs to the JKU.

Still wouldn't own a JKU and still think they're ugly.

On a side note ...

Workin' on diggin' out a Navy turnin' basin in Jacksonville, FL these days. LOTS of JKU's 'round here. Beautiful sunny day yesterday and lots of them JKU's were goin' topless. Saw my favorite configuration of a JKU for a good laugh but couldn't get my phone out quick enough to snap a pick. Cracks me up when the top is completely off, front doors are off, ... and the back doors are still on. (see Kevin's post above for pic of drivers)

Like they say in the Navy ... "It ain't gay if the ship's underway."

I'm the President of The White Trash of the Elwood Chapter ... and you ain't.
post #30 of 98 Old 02-06-2019, 06:53 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:

Right, @Mason ?

Take , for example, the fact that experience tells me that the 4 door JL pictured above DEFINITELY has to have a D80 under it's butt...
I mean, how else could it be weighed-down so much that its rockers are almost dragging the mall parking lot?

Knowledge eet ees power!

A real Jeeper would only wonder how in the hell they got that much negative camber on a solid axle....
Treader likes this.
post #31 of 98 Old 02-06-2019, 07:00 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjindna View Post
A real Jeeper would only wonder how in the hell they got that much negative camber on a solid axle....
Bent axles. You know how weak our axles truly are. I guess he should have sleeved, gusseted and trussed that before wheeling.
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.

2010 2 door manual sport
post #32 of 98 Old 02-06-2019, 09:09 AM
Rock God

Four in ten of the JKU's around here are sittin' on 20's (Deeps) , rubberband sidewalls , ya just have to laugh .
Every Bolt-on and goo-gaww that is available is thrown at it as well as big ass light bars in matching colors , China is making a killing on these people here .
Mostly what is seen here are the Soccer Moms getting the kidos to school , those Jeeps are the future of the cut-them-up and use them in the future .
Rarely will you see a rig that is what I would consider "capable" , there are a few but just a few .

Those that like that sort of Jeep , more power to them , it's their Jeep , do what ya want , just not for me .

Way-Of Gay banners and stickers are all over them too , just put that out there to give ya an idea of the mentality .
post #33 of 98 Old 02-06-2019, 09:43 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason View Post
Actually Iím pretty sure the Dana 80 axle was originally designed for use in dually trucks dating back to about 1988
Just to be clear, I wasnt inferring that Dynatrac developed the D80 because of the JK crowd but I highly doubt they would have created their own casting etc... if it wasnt for the JK.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #34 of 98 Old 02-06-2019, 11:54 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjindna View Post
I kinda want to know..............and I don't want to know.

Kevin
post #35 of 98 Old 02-06-2019, 04:40 PM
I am the one, a god with a gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1guy View Post
I kinda want to know..............and I don't want to know.
Couple passes down the center of the axle tube with a 1/4" 60xx rod ought to do it.
post #36 of 98 Old 02-06-2019, 05:35 PM

I wouldn't have a Jeep with two doors. My dog needs both windows to see all of his fans.
post #37 of 98 Old 02-07-2019, 02:54 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

it permiates and occurs with every model Jeep has produced since the YJ...

...and I think we've all seen how easily they can attain that 'perfect' stance and level of negcamber:

post #38 of 98 Old 02-07-2019, 11:15 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by snout View Post
Couple passes down the center of the axle tube with a 1/4" 60xx rod ought to do it.
We used to call those baseball bats.

I guess a mail jeep front axle would let you get the camber. Doesn't have shafts in it.

The rear though is a differen't story. I know some forms of racing use special drive plates and ball splined axle shafts, but they don't get that kind of camber. they're shooting for 2*'s max.

Kevin
post #39 of 98 Old 02-07-2019, 05:29 PM

Quote:
We used to call those baseball bats.

I guess a mail jeep front axle would let you get the camber. Doesn't have shafts in it.

The rear though is a differen't story. I know some forms of racing use special drive plates and ball splined axle shafts, but they don't get that kind of camber. they're shooting for 2*'s max.
Are you a pipeliner? If so, cool. If not, probably still cool.
I was reading up on what they do in NASCAR. Looks like they use a FF rear with ball splines like you mentioned + some shim. Wonder if j3ff3ry's jeep up there has some exotic IRS setup.
post #40 of 98 Old 02-07-2019, 06:53 PM
Rock God

Quote:
I was reading up on what they do in NASCAR. Looks like they use a FF rear with ball splines like you mentioned + some shim. Wonder if j3ff3ry's jeep up there has some exotic IRS setup .
With a little time, money, a welder and a hatred for all that is good and sensible in this world, it could probably be done fairly easily with two "front" axles with customized "Cs".
post #41 of 98 Old 02-07-2019, 11:42 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
I was reading up on what they do in NASCAR. Looks like they use a FF rear with ball splines like you mentioned + some shim. Wonder if j3ff3ry's jeep up there has some exotic IRS setup.
Pipeline welder? No Sir. I did weld in the shipyards for many years before I got into oil field diving. Did the wet and hyperbaric welding thing underwater. Now I just sit on my ass and try to keep the divers from killing themselves. Bastards are pretty determined at times.

That's what I was thinking too.............something IRS.

Kevin
post #42 of 98 Old 02-08-2019, 03:54 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:

Cats out of the bag : you detected my cantilevered , tri-jointed ,clockable-offset , adjustable-pitch ,air-controlled balljoints . I could tell you who engineered them but then I'd have to eradicate everyone that read about them due to security concerns.
's'petty high tech stuff tht most consumers aren't ready for...

post #43 of 98 Old 02-08-2019, 04:45 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTB View Post
With a little time, money, a welder and a hatred for all that is good and sensible in this world, it could probably be done fairly easily with two "front" axles with customized "Cs".
The important part of this equation to create one of those jeeps, is the hatred for all that is good and sensible in the world.

2012 JKU Rubicon - Build Thread -
post #44 of 98 Old 02-08-2019, 12:29 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

It's a big "why" for me. I just don't get it. I'm not into lowriders either, but I appreciate the work involved and can spend time checking them out. Ratrods, same thing.

This "stance" shit, I don't even understand what exactly they're trying to accomplish.
WarMachine likes this.

Kevin
post #45 of 98 Old 02-08-2019, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
It's a big "why" for me. I just don't get it. I'm not into lowriders either, but I appreciate the work involved and can spend time checking them out. Ratrods, same thing.

This "stance" shit, I don't even understand what exactly they're trying to accomplish.

Maybe camber stance = low-hangin' pants?

post #46 of 98 Old 02-10-2019, 08:49 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:

Maybe camber stance = low-hangin' pants?
That's funny. Maybe it's really that simple for the "why". I don't know.

They have got to be just fucking scary to drive though.

Kevin
post #47 of 98 Old 02-11-2019, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
That's funny. Maybe it's really that simple for the "why". I don't know.

They have got to be just fucking scary to drive though.

ok.

Agreed ; they gotta be scary to drive.

that being said, if you were hypothetically forced into making a choice would you be more scared of driving that slammed, negative cambered Jeep JKU from the first image OR would you be more scared to drive this one for 3 days at Hammertown ; choice is yours. but you gotta pick one and drive it like you think it is awesome ,all around KoH while the race is going on.

post #48 of 98 Old 02-11-2019, 05:30 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Second one. Wouldn't have to worry about driving it for three days, cause I'd have the thing 15' in the air within the first 15 minutes.

Then I'd hitch hike home so I could keep working on my Jeep and dreaming of catching 2' of air.

Kevin
post #49 of 98 Old 02-11-2019, 06:08 PM

Quote:
ok.

that being said, if you were hypothetically forced into making a choice would you be more scared of driving that slammed, negative cambered Jeep JKU from the first image OR would you be more scared to drive this one for 3 days at Hammertown ; choice is yours. but you gotta pick one and drive it like you think it is awesome ,all around KoH while the race is going on.

Itís like having to choose between a mermaid or a reverse mermaid.... and then having sex with it.
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.
post #50 of 98 Old 02-12-2019, 04:39 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Quote:
ok.

Now if you took that thing on the trail at KOH and beat it like it owed you money then people might not laugh so hard. But seeing as how they blew their whole budget on stupid stuff it wouldn't make it very far so you would get laughed at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode