• 1 Post By Riptide9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 01-03-2019, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Cod
KODI

Do any of you heathens use it for your television viewing?

Does it work?

Has the FBI, CIA, FCC, AARP, AAA raided your house yet due to using it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
We liked you better when we didn't know you. If you just fucked off we could go back to not giving a shit about you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-03-2019, 05:48 PM
Granite Guru

I got a Kodi box that worked good for some things but I found the servers keep dropping off and you have to keep restarting it and finding another one. I don't know much about it but I ended up buying a $30 Chromecast dongle (actually 5, every tv and stereo) and I just cast off my computer or phone. Much easier for someone like me that can't figure electronic shit out.

No cops yet

Sean
post #3 of 9 Old 01-03-2019, 07:51 PM
Rock God

Garage

Did it until they got sued then it all went so-so/crap.

Free apps that we use Mobdro (Modbro?) which is a live TV app and Titanium (which is an on demand app). Local channels we us a digital antenna. Also use another live TV app called freeflix.

Its up to you what you want to use. My Brother-in-law uses another similar to hula which is 20/month and tries to use Kodi as much as he can for movies.

It isn't illegal to stream, it's illegal to download (at this current time). If you're worried about it, there are a lot of apps out there that for 20/month will get you a lot of TV/on demand or you could just pay a few buck a month for a VPN.

Some places like amazon, with their firestick, allow you to watch things free if you are a prime member and other stuff you have to pay for (aka...al-a-cart). We paid 5.00 for the boomerang channel which is all the older cartoons. One time fee and its been great.

NDTguy

2017 JKU Sport S
post #4 of 9 Old 01-04-2019, 04:41 AM Thread Starter
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndtguy View Post
Did it until they got sued then it all went so-so/crap.

Free apps that we use Mobdro (Modbro?) which is a live TV app and Titanium (which is an on demand app). Local channels we us a digital antenna. Also use another live TV app called freeflix.

Its up to you what you want to use. My Brother-in-law uses another similar to hula which is 20/month and tries to use Kodi as much as he can for movies.

It isn't illegal to stream, it's illegal to download (at this current time). If you're worried about it, there are a lot of apps out there that for 20/month will get you a lot of TV/on demand or you could just pay a few buck a month for a VPN.

Some places like amazon, with their firestick, allow you to watch things free if you are a prime member and other stuff you have to pay for (aka...al-a-cart). We paid 5.00 for the boomerang channel which is all the older cartoons. One time fee and its been great.

I currently do antenna for local TV, Amazon Prime and Netflix, I cut the cord/dish a while back.

I finally got KODI figured out last night!

Quote:
We liked you better when we didn't know you. If you just fucked off we could go back to not giving a shit about you.
post #5 of 9 Old 01-04-2019, 02:37 PM
Wheeler

Garage

I use a Qnap home NAS and run the following on the NAS server:

Plex Media Server: The best media server for watching TV and Movies, local news, etc.
Sonarr: App to easily add your TV shows (don't need to pay for Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, HBO, UFC, etc.. It's all there) Never miss a show and haven't seen a commercial in 5+years
Couchpotato: App to add wanted movies (same as sonarr but for movies)
NZBGet: the actual downloader App for the tv shows and movies

I don't use torrents because they are unreliable and not private

I use newsservers

You need get a usenet server account and an indexer account

I use:
NZBGeek: as the indexer
Usenet-server: as the news server that everything downloads from.

My family has been without TV service for more than 8 years but we watch a ton of TV and Movies. Plex plays on every TV in the house through either the Roku's, X-boxes, or smartTV's (now come with Plex installed) and all mobile phones and tablets

Monthly is bill $50 for 50mb internet

Just my 2 cents
Cod likes this.

2011 Jeep Rubicon JKU 6.0l VORTEC L96 - 6L80E 6 speed auto
40" Cooper SST Pros-17" Level 8's - 4.5" Synergy Suspension
WTO Hydro assist- Fusion D60's 4.88 gears
VKS Fab and XRC Bumpers/Armor-9500 Synthetic Winch 10lb CO2-Teraflex Big Brake Kit

Last edited by Riptide9; 01-04-2019 at 02:40 PM.
post #6 of 9 Old 01-04-2019, 03:58 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod View Post
I currently do antenna for local TV, Amazon Prime and Netflix, I cut the cord/dish a while back.

I finally got KODI figured out last night!
Does it work normal without glitching/etc? Last time I tried it (18.2 or something like that) it glitching and half the stuff didn't work.

NDTguy

2017 JKU Sport S
post #7 of 9 Old 01-07-2019, 07:01 AM
Granite Guru

We use a Amazon Fire TV and Fire Stick with Kodi 17.6. It's stableish but finding a feed is sometimes a pain for popular shows. We also use Netflix (free from T-Mobile military plan) and Hulu (.98 cents a month), and You Tube. Also use the Firestick/TV with Amazon Prime. We used to use Terrarium a lot until it died.
We had Direct TV for years until we got sick of their glitchy equipment, horrible customer service, and high cost. Now we just pay $60 a month for 100Mbs internet from Spectrum.
I'll have to look into an antenna for local programming.

What is your tipping point?
post #8 of 9 Old 01-07-2019, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide9 View Post
I use a Qnap home NAS and run the following on the NAS server:

Plex Media Server: The best media server for watching TV and Movies, local news, etc.
Sonarr: App to easily add your TV shows (don't need to pay for Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, HBO, UFC, etc.. It's all there) Never miss a show and haven't seen a commercial in 5+years
Couchpotato: App to add wanted movies (same as sonarr but for movies)
NZBGet: the actual downloader App for the tv shows and movies

I don't use torrents because they are unreliable and not private

I use newsservers

You need get a usenet server account and an indexer account

I use:
NZBGeek: as the indexer
Usenet-server: as the news server that everything downloads from.

My family has been without TV service for more than 8 years but we watch a ton of TV and Movies. Plex plays on every TV in the house through either the Roku's, X-boxes, or smartTV's (now come with Plex installed) and all mobile phones and tablets

Monthly is bill $50 for 50mb internet

Just my 2 cents
I will check all of that out, thanks !

Quote:
post #9 of 9 Old 01-07-2019, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradlybob View Post
We use a Amazon Fire TV and Fire Stick with Kodi 17.6. It's stableish but finding a feed is sometimes a pain for popular shows. We also use Netflix (free from T-Mobile military plan) and Hulu (.98 cents a month), and You Tube. Also use the Firestick/TV with Amazon Prime. We used to use Terrarium a lot until it died.
We had Direct TV for years until we got sick of their glitchy equipment, horrible customer service, and high cost. Now we just pay $60 a month for 100Mbs internet from Spectrum.
I'll have to look into an antenna for local programming.

A $18 antenna from anywhere works!

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode