Dead - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 76 Old 08-08-2018, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Dead

With as many JK's on the road these days, how come JKowners is such a dead site? Everyone still surf PBB for info or is there some other really really cool site I dont know about out there.

where the hell is everyone!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. is a full scale manufacture of stud bolts and gaskets in the oilfield market.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 76 Old 08-08-2018, 09:21 AM
Wheeler

most JK's are a people transport only. soccer moms don't frequent forums is my thoughts.
post #3 of 76 Old 08-08-2018, 09:25 AM
JKO Addict!

While no longer the banter fest of prior years you can find anything you want JK related (may not see any pics-lol) here.

I do miss vendor giveaways

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

www.4x4s-pod.com
post #4 of 76 Old 08-08-2018, 09:39 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

FB has taken over. A lot of huge groups on there. But they mainly ask the same questions. What should I name my jeep or what size tires can I run with a 2.5 inch lift.

Bunch of fucking idiots there.
RUCKDOG, j3ff3ry_j33p and 1eviljk like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #5 of 76 Old 08-08-2018, 09:46 AM
Minstrel Gigolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
FB has taken over. A lot of huge groups on there. But they mainly ask the same questions. What should I name my jeep or what size tires can I run with a 2.5 inch lift.

Bunch of fucking idiots there.
Kind of like the JL forum.
post #6 of 76 Old 08-08-2018, 09:55 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Even Pirate has slowed down quite a bit. I hear a lot of folks say it's because of Fuckbook, I don't know, I don't do any of that stuff.

Kevin
post #7 of 76 Old 08-08-2018, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1guy View Post
Even Pirate has slowed down quite a bit. I hear a lot of folks say it's because of Fuckbook, I don't know, I don't do any of that stuff.

PBB has definitely slowed down over the past few years since Camo and Lance sold. I hardly log on anymore sadly.

I started lurking on JKO here recently due to a recent purchase, but was shocked at the lack of activity on all the forums. Even the for sale sections are quiet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. is a full scale manufacture of stud bolts and gaskets in the oilfield market.
post #8 of 76 Old 08-08-2018, 10:31 AM
Random Dude

Though the JK is no longer "new" and both PBB and JKO are slow-ish lately (because Fakebook? ), here are a few things that hurt JKO:
  • The new facelift and un-PBB makeover a couple years back pissed off a few folks
  • Photosukit extortion attempt and folks saying "fuck that" killed pics on a lot of good builds and tech. threads
  • The recent attachments, photos, avatars fuckery was as hurtful as the FruitoSuckit fiasco - still not completely unfucked
  • Morris 4x4 SPAMMING daily (ruining the "active topics" page) is annoying as fawk
    - can they make the "ACTIVE TOPICS" page a multi-page deal so we can see the actual active topics that aren't advertisements?

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room

<-- Random crap you might find useful
post #9 of 76 Old 08-08-2018, 11:00 AM
Rock God

@ExWrench or can the admin's label Morris4x4 a spambot? Hell we short report them for spam and see if that gets them shutdown.

2010 2 door manual sport
post #10 of 76 Old 08-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceface View Post
I started lurking on JKO here recently due to a recent purchase, but was shocked at the lack of activity on all the forums.

If'n all the lurkers would actu'ly post up a lil' somethin' ... the forum would be active.

Just sayin'.
Cod and Rodjk like this.

I'm the President of The White Trash of the Elwood Chapter ... and you ain't.
post #11 of 76 Old 08-08-2018, 11:39 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
Though the JK is no longer "new" and both PBB and JKO are slow-ish lately (because Fakebook? ), here are a few things that hurt JKO:
  • The new facelift and un-PBB makeover a couple years back pissed off a few folks
  • Photosukit extortion attempt and folks saying "fuck that" killed pics on a lot of good builds and tech. threads
  • The recent attachments, photos, avatars fuckery was as hurtful as the FruitoSuckit fiasco - still not completely unfucked
  • Morris 4x4 SPAMMING daily (ruining the "active topics" page) is annoying as fawk
    - can they make the "ACTIVE TOPICS" page a multi-page deal so we can see the actual active topics that aren't advertisements?
Touche !
post #12 of 76 Old 08-08-2018, 11:47 AM
Random Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treader View Post
@ExWrench or can the admin's label Morris4x4 a spambot? Hell we short report them for spam and see if that gets them shutdown.
Yeah . . . but no - they're a forum sponsor and, from what I understand, good folks (but I have zero direct experience).

In the "old days", vendor forums and a few others didn't show up on the "active topics" page - I kinda' miss that.

That changed when they revamped everything and added all the "skins" and made the site easier for them to maintain.

Even the Scrapbook didn't show up on "active" way back when (my thread was in ~"Witness Protection" for years )

My problem now is: there's a thread that I know is "active" within the last day, and it doesn't appear on "active topics"

When the forum is slow, 15 out of 25 "active topics" can be "15% off new JL leveling kits at XXXXX offroad" . . .

I'd agree to shut up about it if they made it so you could drill down a page or two from "active topics".

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOWBOY View Post
If'n all the lurkers would actu'ly post up a lil' somethin' ... the forum would be active.

Just sayin'.
<-- (Coors)

The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room

Last edited by ExWrench; 08-08-2018 at 11:49 AM.
post #13 of 76 Old 08-08-2018, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOWBOY View Post

Just sayin'.
i've fookin' scared them all away, haven't I ?

un lupus and Texas_Jester like this.

post #14 of 76 Old 08-08-2018, 01:14 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
Yeah . . . but no - they're a forum sponsor and, from what I understand, good folks (but I have zero direct experience).

In the "old days", vendor forums and a few others didn't show up on the "active topics" page - I kinda' miss that.

That changed when they revamped everything and added all the "skins" and made the site easier for them to maintain.

Even the Scrapbook didn't show up on "active" way back when (my thread was in ~"Witness Protection" for years )

My problem now is: there's a thread that I know is "active" within the last day, and it doesn't appear on "active topics"

When the forum is slow, 15 out of 25 "active topics" can be "15% off new JL leveling kits at XXXXX offroad" . . .

I'd agree to shut up about it if they made it so you could drill down a page or two from "active topics".

<-- (Coors)
I have ordered a few items and they have been very easy/good to deal with. The post counts can be a little high at times-lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

www.4x4s-pod.com
post #15 of 76 Old 08-08-2018, 02:05 PM
JKO Addict!

Losing/Expelling some of the chatty OGs didnt help matters either...

post #16 of 76 Old 08-08-2018, 02:11 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post

The new Dancin' Dan

2010 2 door manual sport
post #17 of 76 Old 08-08-2018, 02:24 PM
Rock God

I don't know about a lot of it, but it did slow down a lot one Dancin' Dan was banned, or left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clone7
When you die, you see your life going by in a flash.

Steve Jobs didn't - Apple doesn't support Flash.
This message has been reviewed & approved by the NSA, Google and Microsoft.
post #18 of 76 Old 08-08-2018, 03:54 PM
Random Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post

I'll admit I haven't looked at every brick in every wall of text you've posted but, if you're shootin' for the Dancin' Dan award . . .

. . . for starters, try increasing your usage of the words "crotchfruit" and "cockscrubber"

And, of course, never miss an opportunity to tell some helpless noob to douche the sand out of his vagina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fklein6768 View Post
I have ordered a few items and they have been very easy/good to deal with. The post counts can be a little high at times-lol
You're probably my source - I remember reading a "credible account" here of them being good folks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
Losing/Expelling some of the chatty OGs didnt help matters either...
No shit - they went a tad overkill sanitizing the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
I don't know about a lot of it, but it did slow down a lot one Dancin' Dan was banned, or left.
He was running at full speed when I started posting here, and he definitely kept shit stirred up.
. . . and he never got up to full speed upon his return as
But, to be fair: he got a job, which can slow down all but the most demented postaholics.
The AngryRedBird and AngryPurpleBird episodes would've been epic with Dan's level-headed input

Also: FUCK the "skins" site update for basically killing Ninja text
- there used to be some really creative uses of black text.
It was fun to slide all kinds of shit past noobs and slow folks, or to make a post that said 2 completely different things.
It looks recockulous unless you're viewing the site "correctly" (like it always was, now "Classic Dark" or some such shit).

I resent the gay "new" smilies that take up the real estate of the JKO smilies,
and I reject the need for a "millennial mangina beige" (or whatever) background.
The black background should be respected, you fookin' racist bastards!

God dammit! - Ore Gorman (a.k.a. JWN, A-R-B, & Dr Goatblower) won the battle for "new forum colors"

post #19 of 76 Old 08-08-2018, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceface View Post
With as many JK's on the road these days, how come JKowners is such a dead site? Everyone still surf PBB for info or is there some other really really cool site I dont know about out there.

where the hell is everyone!
those of us that matter are all here, pal.
I just consider it a more select group of hard-core, Jeep cockgobblingball-scrubbers ; not everyone can be in the cool-kids club...otherwise it'd just be like wayalife.
Ya'dig?

mmilburn likes this.

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 08-08-2018 at 04:06 PM. Reason: edited in homage to Dancin' Dan the cockfruit man
post #20 of 76 Old 08-08-2018, 06:49 PM
Rock God

I think the main reason people are switching to Facebook is that if you post on a good Facebook group you get upwards of 100 replies in an hour. Post on a forum, you might get a few responses after a day or two, if you're lucky.

It's a shame because posts on Facebook are essentially lost forever after they are made resulting in the same questions being asked over and over and no knowledge base being made (they're still there if you have a link, and theoretically you can find them, but good luck, there is no search and you can't get any results within Google search). A forum is a really quite exceptional place to archive technical knowledge on just about any subject. Facebook is a quite exceptional place to get a response fast. Sadly, there is just about zero overlap in those two results. Since the main goal is to get an answer and a secondary goal is to archive the knowledge, Facebook is the obvious choice.

I've really seen a massive shift in just the last year alone, everything 4x4 has moved to Facebook both technical and local run meet-up coordination.
Cod likes this.
post #21 of 76 Old 08-09-2018, 04:27 AM
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Cod

Fuck Facebook
ALASHA, Banshee and DJ1 like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
We liked you better when we didn't know you. If you just fucked off we could go back to not giving a shit about you.
post #22 of 76 Old 08-09-2018, 05:08 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Some good points and factual perceptions in this thread but, & I’ll trybto not make this a wall of text , several details need to go with them .

First, being in ‘cyber security’ , allow me to remind you guys that , contrary to the common misconception that Facebook comments are “ lost forever” once made is the furthest thing from correct ( not pickin on you , @christensent ; it’s a very very prevalent yet incorrect thought) . Everything anyone posts which is synced or uploaded to facebooks data farms is retained by them & is sole property forevermore . Even an emoticon.
I have had a Facebook acct since late 2009. I was an early adopter of social media . Mostly used for family photos , I made it a policy to only have ‘ Friends’ that I’d spent ACTUAL REAL-LIFE time, face to face with. I had around 200 of my true friends on there. After this past year, it changed . Also, the security flaws that compromised accounts & that whole Russian thing ( together with all the political slanted comments) made me just totally stop checking, reading or posting at all. It’s been great but some of my friends ONLY communicate via Facebook these days ! They can have it. I just don’t want anyone to be under impression that your comments will disappear; aside from ads , the biggest acquisition for Facebook is all of the aggregate data that can be mined and used for marketing development and new products. I loath it.

I’d also suggest that while yes; there’s a core group of us that do a lot of the JKOwners forum posting, I’d be willing to bet you’d be surprised if you regularly checked just how many ADDITIONAL guests or non- noisy members are regularly online with us.
A random sampling from this morning , for example, reveals not just me & several of the participants active on this thread but an even larger number of lurking guests :

We’ve talked about this in past and agreed it’s git a lot to do with new owners coming on , excited about “modding” their new JK but as we are aware, time and cost weed out all but the diehard. I know three thread starting, gung-ho new members from past year - personally - that purchased new or used JKs & of those three , 1 still has the jeep he was so excited about. Life - and thrills of things acquired during it - change like the weather. The core of us are those that actually maintain and own for long times or are life Jeepers. Nothing wrong with that. Just the way we humans roll. But , it is kinda surprising to find over 150 guests logged in and online at jko on this random Thursday morning, innit it?
This is not at all a peak time, either.
Yeah, it’s quieter but don’t go jump ship to god forsaken Facebook. Take it from me , you’ll be better off for not going there.
This forum rocks. I don’t care if it’s just @Treader ,Ex @snout @KOWBOY @gt1guy , @StubEXrube , Allen @RubiCajun @kjeeper10 and @White13JKUR @TCdawg @thedirtman & the rest of my jko fam ; this is home, fuckedup images, skins and all ...

(It would be nice if some lurkers started to be a bit more active!)

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 08-09-2018 at 05:21 AM.
post #23 of 76 Old 08-09-2018, 05:46 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

FB and all its flaws, I won't drop it. it helps me stay connected with all the guys that I have served with. That is why I started my account there and why I keep it going.

It is hard to keep this place going with only a handful or two of us old fuckers. Maybe I should start flooding the trailer park again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #24 of 76 Old 08-09-2018, 06:04 AM
Rock God

Some one give me instant gratification. Like my post!

Just fucking with you all. Good morning all y'all degenerates.

2010 2 door manual sport
post #25 of 76 Old 08-09-2018, 06:24 AM
Rock God

Done.

I'm the President of The White Trash of the Elwood Chapter ... and you ain't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode